New Ignore User Feature

Lakers Forum » Lakers Topbuzz Announcements
Author Search This Topic:
 
Dave
votes: 45
Site Admin
Posts: 5372

us.gif

Hey guys I've added a "ignore user" feature that some of you have been asking for. I tested it and it seems to work. But if you notice anything weird or not working please let me know ASAP and I'll look into it. Thanks everyone!

ReliveThe3PEAT
votes: 79
LNS HOF Gold

Posts: 15910

Thanks Dave! You're always finding a way to improve the site! Surprised

JonathanDavid_24
votes: 44
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 5145
Location: Texas
us.gif

Dave,

so how exactly does this feature work?

if I am "ignoring" a LTB member, does their posts in a thread become invisible to me, or how does it work?

thanks

-JD

Dave
votes: 45
Site Admin
Posts: 5372

us.gif


Repped High Quality Post

^^Well not quite invisible, but instead of seeing their posts you'll see something like "You're ignoring this user, click here to view the post" instead. So if you want to see what they posted you'll have to click on the link instead.

cuckooroller
votes: 114
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12411
Location: Italy

Thanks Dave!

Now, everybody, let us try and be mature about the new feature. Use it with maximum parsimony, and not lightly. In other words, only in extremely rare cases when it might be warranted.

Had this feature been available since I have been posting, I would probably only have used it once or twice.

L4K
votes: 61
LNS HOF Bronze

Posts: 8306
Location: Sydney, Australia
it.gif

Nice work Dave.

I just hope people are mature enough not to abuse this. I don't want to see people blocking members just because they don't agree with them. Well, we'll see how it goes anyway. Nice work again Dave.

MrMojo112
votes: 38
LNS HOF Bronze

Posts: 9565

calif.gif

Muahahahaha now I will only be able to see my posts!!! Twisted Evil

Mamba247
votes: 49
Laker GM

Posts: 3032

gm.gif

Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy Haha Mojo! ^^

Dave, thank you for always finding a way to make this site even better.

L4K
votes: 61
LNS HOF Bronze

Posts: 8306
Location: Sydney, Australia
it.gif

MrMojo112 wrote:
Muahahahaha now I will only be able to see my posts!!! Twisted Evil

I thought that was already the case... lol j/k

Apogeal1
votes: 2
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1001
Location: Los Angeles

Will I be able to see that I'm being ignored? Just asking.

ReliveThe3PEAT
votes: 79
LNS HOF Gold

Posts: 15910

MrMojo112 wrote:
Muahahahaha now I will only be able to see my posts!!! Twisted Evil

What you say Mojo? I cant read what you said....

wink

Apogeal1:

Good Question! ...and how do you "un-block" a user?

Dave
votes: 45
Site Admin
Posts: 5372

us.gif

Apogeal1 wrote:
Will I be able to see that I'm being ignored? Just asking.

Nope- you won't be able to tell.

Also I don't think this feature can be "abused"- you're pretty much just affecting what YOU see (or don't see).

To unblock or add more users to your block list you'd go to:

http://lakers.newssurge.com/PNphpBB2-ignore.html

Or you can add someone to your ignore list, and once you do you'll see a link that says:

"Click HERE to return to the Ignore Page"

So if you click on that it'd take you to that same ignore management page.

VS
votes: 53
LNS HOF Bronze

Posts: 8024

us.gif

Well, there's been a lot of drama on this site recently; I understand why it was added, but I kind of have a bad feeling about this...

Just try and be optimistic, I suppose.

MrMojo112
votes: 38
LNS HOF Bronze

Posts: 9565

calif.gif

Lakers4Kobe wrote:

I thought that was already the case... lol j/k

Well it's hard not to read all of the magical works of pure art that spills endlessly from my dome! Ha!

I probably won't use this button, each and every one of you provide me with entertainment! Dance puppets dance! 8)

BiggestLakersFan
votes: 21
Laker GM
Posts: 2679

us.gif

MrMojo, nice avatar.

CelticsSuck
votes: 2
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 660

That's cool! Thanks Dave! Very Happy

JonathanDavid_24
votes: 44
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 5145
Location: Texas
us.gif

MrMojo112 wrote:
Lakers4Kobe wrote:

I thought that was already the case... lol j/k

Well it's hard not to read all of the magical works of pure art that spills endlessly from my dome! Ha!

I probably won't use this button, each and every one of you provide me with entertainment! Dance puppets dance! 8)

I wonder who's ignoring who already...ha

I won't abuse this feature but I know some ppl will....I won't mention names because **********************************************

spankees
votes: 34
Laker GM
Posts: 4036
Location: Los Angeles
us.gif

JonathanDavid_24 wrote:
MrMojo112 wrote:
Lakers4Kobe wrote:

I thought that was already the case... lol j/k

Well it's hard not to read all of the magical works of pure art that spills endlessly from my dome! Ha!

I probably won't use this button, each and every one of you provide me with entertainment! Dance puppets dance! 8)

I wonder who's ignoring who already...ha

I won't abuse this feature but I know some ppl will....I won't mention names because **********************************************

Yay. Another MYSPACE feature has been added to this site. I'm stoked! Anyone care to ignore this comment just to try it. LOL

MrMojo112
votes: 38
LNS HOF Bronze

Posts: 9565

calif.gif

spankees wrote:

Yay. Another MYSPACE feature has been added to this site. I'm stoked! Anyone care to ignore this comment just to try it. LOL

I hope we get a Glitter Graphics function next! jam

spankees
votes: 34
Laker GM
Posts: 4036
Location: Los Angeles
us.gif

MrMojo112 wrote:
spankees wrote:

Yay. Another MYSPACE feature has been added to this site. I'm stoked! Anyone care to ignore this comment just to try it. LOL

I hope we get a Glitter Graphics function next! jam

LOL. I just have to be sure not to accidentally hit the "alert moderators" button that is "RIGHT NEXT" to the Ignore button.

CelticsSuck
votes: 2
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 660

I like the feature but my suggestion is to put the ignore link next to the "Profile" and "pm" links

L4K
votes: 61
LNS HOF Bronze

Posts: 8306
Location: Sydney, Australia
it.gif

MrMojo112 wrote:
Lakers4Kobe wrote:

I thought that was already the case... lol j/k

Well it's hard not to read all of the magical works of pure art that spills endlessly from my dome! Ha!

I probably won't use this button, each and every one of you provide me with entertainment! Dance puppets dance! 8)

Hahaha nice one.

I don't think I'll use this either. Only people that have annoyed me are those damn spammers and trying to sell shoes!

cyclone_nicky
votes: 46
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 6981
Location: Windy City

Lakers4Kobe wrote:
MrMojo112 wrote:
Lakers4Kobe wrote:

I thought that was already the case... lol j/k

Well it's hard not to read all of the magical works of pure art that spills endlessly from my dome! Ha!

I probably won't use this button, each and every one of you provide me with entertainment! Dance puppets dance! 8)

Hahaha nice one.

I don't think I'll use this either. Only people that have annoyed me are those damn spammers and trying to sell shoes!

i have no idea what ur saying L4k. i have you on ignore... lol

JonathanDavid_24
votes: 44
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 5145
Location: Texas
us.gif

Lakers4Kobe wrote:
MrMojo112 wrote:
Lakers4Kobe wrote:

I thought that was already the case... lol j/k

Well it's hard not to read all of the magical works of pure art that spills endlessly from my dome! Ha!

I probably won't use this button, each and every one of you provide me with entertainment! Dance puppets dance! 8)

Hahaha nice one.

I don't think I'll use this either. Only people that have annoyed me are those damn spammers and trying to sell shoes!

what shoes? I never saw those spammers..

L4K
votes: 61
LNS HOF Bronze

Posts: 8306
Location: Sydney, Australia
it.gif

cyclone_nicky wrote:
Lakers4Kobe wrote:
MrMojo112 wrote:
Lakers4Kobe wrote:

I thought that was already the case... lol j/k

Well it's hard not to read all of the magical works of pure art that spills endlessly from my dome! Ha!

I probably won't use this button, each and every one of you provide me with entertainment! Dance puppets dance! 8)

Hahaha nice one.

I don't think I'll use this either. Only people that have annoyed me are those damn spammers and trying to sell shoes!

i have no idea what ur saying L4k. i have you on ignore... lol

Hahaha, oh well, can't please everyone... lol

mambamonk87
votes: 56
LNS HOF Bronze

Posts: 5027
Location: Los Angeles/San Diego CA
us.gif

cuckooroller wrote:
Thanks Dave!

Now, everybody, let us try and be mature about the new feature. Use it with maximum parsimony, and not lightly. In other words, only in extremely rare cases when it might be warranted.

Had this feature been available since I have been posting, I would probably only have used it once or twice.

*nods head*

JonathanDavid_24
votes: 44
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 5145
Location: Texas
us.gif

Lakers4Kobe wrote:
cyclone_nicky wrote:
Lakers4Kobe wrote:
MrMojo112 wrote:
Lakers4Kobe wrote:

I thought that was already the case... lol j/k

Well it's hard not to read all of the magical works of pure art that spills endlessly from my dome! Ha!

I probably won't use this button, each and every one of you provide me with entertainment! Dance puppets dance! 8)

Hahaha nice one.

I don't think I'll use this either. Only people that have annoyed me are those damn spammers and trying to sell shoes!

i have no idea what ur saying L4k. i have you on ignore... lol

Hahaha, oh well, can't please everyone... lol

Amen to that Jason!! lol

SPQR
votes: 291
LNS HOF Bronze

Posts: 9286
Location: Pennsylvania

Don't really see the reason for this. It reminds me of my dad muting tv comercials, lol. If there is someone who drives you ape sh*t, just don't read their posts, lol. It's not hard.

There is nothing to be gained by it-only to lose. Even someone you normally may disagree with all the time may put up a great post that you will never see because you blocked it. I have seen people who I normally don't agree with put up terrific posts now and then and I am glad I read them. That is why I would never use a block feature. Just my thought on the matter.

JonathanDavid_24
votes: 44
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 5145
Location: Texas
us.gif

SPQR wrote:
Don't really see the reason for this. It reminds me of my dad muting tv comercials, lol. If there is someone who drives you ape sh*t, just don't read their posts, lol. It's not hard.

There is nothing to be gained by it-only to lose. Even someone you normally may disagree with all the time may put up a great post that you will never see because you blocked it. I have seen people who I normally don't agree with put up terrific posts now and then and I am glad I read them. That is why I would never use a block feature. Just my thought on the matter.

Well spoken Randy :]

I'm glad LTB's Top Member isn't falling trigger-friendly with the new feature. Very Happy

cuckooroller
votes: 114
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12411
Location: Italy

JonathanDavid_24 wrote:
SPQR wrote:
Don't really see the reason for this. It reminds me of my dad muting tv comercials, lol. If there is someone who drives you ape sh*t, just don't read their posts, lol. It's not hard.

There is nothing to be gained by it-only to lose. Even someone you normally may disagree with all the time may put up a great post that you will never see because you blocked it. I have seen people who I normally don't agree with put up terrific posts now and then and I am glad I read them. That is why I would never use a block feature. Just my thought on the matter.

Well spoken Randy :]

I'm glad LTB's Top Member isn't falling trigger-friendly with the new feature. Very Happy

JD,

I really don't think he was talking about you! Smile

maraud
votes: 28
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 5827

Personally, I wish to read all that is posted, you never know when scarecrow will say something brilliant.

spankees
votes: 34
Laker GM
Posts: 4036
Location: Los Angeles
us.gif


Repped High Quality Post

maraud wrote:
Personally, I wish to read all that is posted, you never know when scarecrow will say something brilliant.

It's kind of ironic how OZ gave us munchkins the power to ignore though. Maybe he thinks some of us don't like scarecrows. Don't cha think?

Nay511
votes: 11
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 2205

us.gif

SPQR wrote:
Don't really see the reason for this.

If u want to ignore someone, just ignore them. U dont have to respond to them.

Someone is going to accidentally hit the ignore button on their own post and end up ignoring themselves.

MrMojo112
votes: 38
LNS HOF Bronze

Posts: 9565

calif.gif

spankees wrote:

I just realized...the Wizard looks like that villain 'The Leader' from the Hulk comics. Weird.

lakeshowsd
votes: 145
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14651
Location: North Bend, OR
us.gif

Sweet, I can now officially put Vinny808 on ignore.

spankees
votes: 34
Laker GM
Posts: 4036
Location: Los Angeles
us.gif

What happens if "everyone" ignores one person? Does that make their posts irrelivant because no one would get to read them? They would in essence be responding or posting to themself. That would suck, especially if the majority didn't like that person. That also takes the fun out of the diverse, whitty, and silly comments here. LOL

spankees
votes: 34
Laker GM
Posts: 4036
Location: Los Angeles
us.gif

This is for all of you that haven't ignored me already......

spankees wrote:
What happens if "everyone" ignores one person? Does that make their posts irrelivant because no one would get to read them? They would in essence be responding or posting to themself. That would suck, especially if the majority didn't like that person. That also takes the fun out of the diverse, whitty, and silly comments here. LOL

VS
votes: 53
LNS HOF Bronze

Posts: 8024

us.gif

lakeshowsd wrote:
Sweet, I can now officially put Vinny808 on ignore.

This isn't neccessary. I too have placed a few members on ignore, but there's no need to single anyone out.

maraud
votes: 28
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 5827

Well maybe we can all ignore Dave on this post only.

Dave
votes: 45
Site Admin
Posts: 5372

us.gif

I appreciate the feedback guys. Basically you can very easily turn it on or off. So it's something that's there- if you don't need it, just "ignore" it Wink.


Options Quick Reply: RE: New Ignore User Feature
register
You are an anonymous user- or .
Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
Notify me when a reply is posted
Don't Check Spelling
Note: Twitter & Youtube BBCODE Tags are no longer necessary. The system will automatically convert links to tweets & youtube videos.
   


   
   
register
You are an anonymous user- Register now or Log in Now!