Lakers vs. Grizzlies Game Day 2019-10-29 (P. 2)

Lakers Forum » Lakers Game Day
Author Search This Topic:
 
lakeshowsd
votes: 145
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14661
Location: North Bend, OR
us.gif

I think AD and Dwight Is just going to be too much for most teams to handle in the paint. Those guys are just work horses.

userpete1037
votes: 18
LNS HOF Platinum
Posts: 20317
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif

AD not disappointing on the big stage I tell ya.

Dave
votes: 45
Site Admin
Posts: 5378

us.gif

40-20 for AD in 3 quarters- WOW.

lakeshowsd
votes: 145
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14661
Location: North Bend, OR
us.gif

40/20 for AD. Soooooo happy he’s a Laker

TheLegendaryDino
votes: 4
Laker GM
Posts: 4371

Wow what a game by AD, very impressive!

lakeshowsd
votes: 145
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14661
Location: North Bend, OR
us.gif

Clippers are still scary as hell but This Laker team is legit, boys. That’s your western conference finals right there.

userpete1037
votes: 18
LNS HOF Platinum
Posts: 20317
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif

Dwight Mutumbo!!!!!!…...Waive the finger.....no....no....no....lol.

BaadMaster
votes: 98
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8627

AD is the best!

userpete1037
votes: 18
LNS HOF Platinum
Posts: 20317
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif

Man I'm so tired of hearing these Memphis announcers in my area.....STFU!!!!!!!

userpete1037
votes: 18
LNS HOF Platinum
Posts: 20317
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif

Time for LBJ to takeover now.

lakeshowsd
votes: 145
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14661
Location: North Bend, OR
us.gif

Yeah Memphis announcers are all butt hurt lol

userpete1037
votes: 18
LNS HOF Platinum
Posts: 20317
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif

Dam that's the same shot TD was hitting in his video workouts....wow. Going to the left pull up 3!!!!!!!

userpete1037
votes: 18
LNS HOF Platinum
Posts: 20317
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif

lakeshowsd wrote:
Yeah Memphis announcers are all butt hurt lol

I know right....lol.

lakeshowsd
votes: 145
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14661
Location: North Bend, OR
us.gif

It’s looking like this Lakers team is going to be a very good third-quarter team. I hope that trend continues for the season because it’s going to mean a lot of wins.

lakeshowsd
votes: 145
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14661
Location: North Bend, OR
us.gif

You know it’s over when KCP actually starts hitting shots.

Axle
votes: 71
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 15020
Location: Axle

Wow! What happened the second half. Why can't the lakers play like that all the time. AD and others really played good the second half.

But the first half they stunk on defense and offense. Got to call it like it is.

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16785
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

AD is a beast. That’s a legendary performance. I think he’s arguably the best player in the league along with the Clipper GM.

On another note I’m not thrilled with the less mins for Caruso and excessive ball handling by LBJ. You can let mistakes fly with these bum teams but you will invariably pay for it against contending teams.

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16785
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

userpete1037 wrote:
Get McGee out of there and put Dwight back in please.

Tbh User, I cringe when I see mcgee in the starting line up. He’s a career backup. I won’t forget his whiny azz last season. Let Howard start and if Mcgee complains tell him to shove a banana where the sun done shine. LMAO!!!

Axle
votes: 71
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 15020
Location: Axle

KCP played a lot of minutes, but I think the coaches want him to get more playing time so he can get back in rhythm. He had been struggling, and it seemed like he was getting his confidence back on the fourth quarter.

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16785
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16785
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

Angeluus
votes: 2
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 973

Probably off topic, but how the hell are the MEMPHIS Grizzlies considered "Western Conference"?

Tempy
votes: 51
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12908
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif

What team would you swap them with to achieve 15 teams in each conference? (Vancouver is about as far west as you can be too).

Tempy
votes: 51
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12908
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
AD is a beast. That’s a legendary performance. I think he’s arguably the best player in the league along with the Clipper GM.

On another note I’m not thrilled with the less mins for Caruso and excessive ball handling by LBJ. You can let mistakes fly with these bum teams but you will invariably pay for it against contending teams.

Yeah, it's putting those original trade demands into context. Would have been content to see what Ingram and Ball end up being in this league. But damn he GOOD.

kkennon1
votes: 23
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14357
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
AD is a beast. That’s a legendary performance. I think he’s arguably the best player in the league along with the Clipper GM.

On another note I’m not thrilled with the less mins for Caruso and excessive ball handling by LBJ. You can let mistakes fly with these bum teams but you will invariably pay for it against contending teams.

And can Dwight become starter please ,seeing a pattern forming here.

kkennon1
votes: 23
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14357
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif

Tempy wrote:
Yeah, it's putting those original trade demands into context. Would have been content to see what Ingram and Ball end up being in this league. But damn he GOOD.

He great!!!!

userpete1037
votes: 18
LNS HOF Platinum

Posts: 20317
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
Tbh User, I cringe when I see mcgee in the starting line up. He’s a career backup. I won’t forget his whiny azz last season. Let Howard start and if Mcgee complains tell him to shove a banana where the sun done shine. LMAO!!!

I was thinking the same thing but it seems Dwight coming off the bench gives him motivation.

userpete1037
votes: 18
LNS HOF Platinum

Posts: 20317
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif

Tempy wrote:

What team would you swap them with to achieve 15 teams in each conference? (Vancouver is about as far west as you can be too).

Same goes for the Pelicans but what can you do......Not a thing...lol.

Tempy
votes: 51
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12908
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif

userpete1037 wrote:
Same goes for the Pelicans but what can you do......Not a thing...lol.

Yeah until expansion teams are permitted to join things ain't changing.

Axle
votes: 71
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 15020
Location: Axle

Everybody is amazed at AD and his 40 point performance. How about Kobe's 81 points, and how many over 40 point games did he have in his time with the Lakers. LOL. AD is a good player don't get me wrong. But I am really not that impressed with all his performances. He finally broke out and had a good game, but I still think Keven Durant is a much better power forward then AD. It is nice to see him take over a game without the help of LeBron, but he should do this all the time. Forty points now days is nothing spectacular as it is being made. JMHO!

Axle
votes: 71
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 15020
Location: Axle

Now as to the Lakers trading away our youth, I was against it and I still think they done it to keep LeBron happy, but I have been watching the Pelicans where our youngsters went, and man I just wonder what the lakers could have been for the next eight years IF they had not gotten impatient and started trading most of the top draft picks we had worked for for the last few years. Magic wanted to trade the whole team for AD which I thought was crazy. Sure the Lakers have a good team and avoiding injuries they will be a threat for the next two or three years. Lakers will be probably top two in the NBA this season avoiding injuries.

I noticed AD complaining about his shoulder. He probably will not play in the next game or two. He does have a history. So I am hoping Kuzma gets going and start working on his game. He has milked it long enough.

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16785
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

kkennon1
votes: 23
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14357
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif

Axle wrote:
Everybody is amazed at AD and his 40 point performance. How about Kobe's 81 points, and how many over 40 point games did he have in his time with the Lakers. LOL. AD is a good player don't get me wrong. But I am really not that impressed with all his performances. He finally broke out and had a good game, but I still think Keven Durant is a much better power forward then AD. It is nice to see him take over a game without the help of LeBron, but he should do this all the time. Forty points now days is nothing spectacular as it is being made. JMHO!

40 points is nothing spectacular??? Than why don't players average it? He scored 40 in 3 quarters and 20 rebounds, that's #1 in NBA HISTORY.

And Durant plays sf, and is a better scorer, but not better on defense. AD the best PF in the league, period!!!

And what's Kobe got to do with anything? He's retired, let him go. I mean if you're going there, Kobe didn't even come close to Wilt and MJ in 40 point games.

Axle
votes: 71
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 15020
Location: Axle

OK KKennan! So you are really impressed with the forty points. I am more impressed with the rebounds then the forty points. I am happy for you that you are amazed at an nba player scoring 40 points. lmao Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_04

Angeluus
votes: 2
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 973

Axle wrote:
OK KKennan! So you are really impressed with the forty points. I am more impressed with the rebounds then the forty points. I am happy for you that you are amazed at an nba player scoring 40 points. lmao Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_04

I'm slightly disappointed that two player's scored more than half the total points for the game. None the less, I will take it.

kkennon1
votes: 23
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14357
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif

Axle wrote:
OK KKennan! So you are really impressed with the forty points. I am more impressed with the rebounds then the forty points. I am happy for you that you are amazed at an nba player scoring 40 points. lmao Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_04

Where did I say I was amazed? But you make it seem like 40 points is easy to do in NBA, if it was , more players would do it.

What will amaze me is if he score 50+ and has 20+ rebounds on a team with Lebron and Howard and other scorers. He did it more than a few times on Pels, but didn't have another star next to him.

userpete1037
votes: 18
LNS HOF Platinum
Posts: 20317
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif

Can't wait to see what we do against Luka and Kristap.

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16785
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

kkennon1 wrote:
40 points is nothing spectacular??? Than why don't players average it? He scored 40 in 3 quarters and 20 rebounds, that's #1 in NBA HISTORY.

And Durant plays sf, and is a better scorer, but not better on defense. AD the best PF in the league, period!!!

And what's Kobe got to do with anything? He's retired, let him go. I mean if you're going there, Kobe didn't even come close to Wilt and MJ in 40 point games.

Which part of “Stan” do you not understand? Lol.

On a serious note Kobe’s name is just being used, the fact of the matter is that the energy in the Bay Area is not too good these days. Lol

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16785
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

And now they will be a tank team.

I hope he gets well soon. The game needs him.

BaadMaster
votes: 98
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8627

Was I wrong! Ingram's stats so far are off the charts!

We have drafted well (Randle, Ingram, DLo) but don't have any of those guys.

Oh, well. At least we have AD who is a monster!

Angeluus
votes: 2
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 973

BaadMaster wrote:
Was I wrong! Ingram's stats so far are off the charts!

We have drafted well (Kuzma, Ingram, DLo) but don't have any of those guys.

Oh, well. At least we have AD who is a monster!

Where did Kuzma go?

Tempy
votes: 51
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12908
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif

Axle wrote:
Everybody is amazed at AD and his 40 point performance. How about Kobe's 81 points, and how many over 40 point games did he have in his time with the Lakers. LOL. AD is a good player don't get me wrong. But I am really not that impressed with all his performances. He finally broke out and had a good game, but I still think Keven Durant is a much better power forward then AD. It is nice to see him take over a game without the help of LeBron, but he should do this all the time. Forty points now days is nothing spectacular as it is being made. JMHO!

Kobe is the past move on already.

Kobe took 46 shots to get 81. Davis took 17 to get 40. Throw in the fact he also contributed 20 rebounds that help the TEAM it was a good performance from him. No one is saying it was the greatest performance ever by a Laker so why you even sh1ting over this accomplishment.

Sour grapes?

Tempy
votes: 51
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12908
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif

Axle wrote:
Now as to the Lakers trading away our youth, I was against it and I still think they done it to keep LeBron happy, but I have been watching the Pelicans where our youngsters went, and man I just wonder what the lakers could have been for the next eight years IF they had not gotten impatient and started trading most of the top draft picks we had worked for for the last few years. Magic wanted to trade the whole team for AD which I thought was crazy. Sure the Lakers have a good team and avoiding injuries they will be a threat for the next two or three years. Lakers will be probably top two in the NBA this season avoiding injuries.

I noticed AD complaining about his shoulder. He probably will not play in the next game or two. He does have a history. So I am hoping Kuzma gets going and start working on his game. He has milked it long enough.

Where the Lakers would have been? Um like 0-4 like the Pelicans are?!

Axle
votes: 71
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 15020
Location: Axle

Tempy: I remember you was one of the forum members that was all for giving our youth time to develop and figured they would give the Lakers many more years of great basketball. When did you all of a sudden think the move Magic had suggested was a great move? I know we are all happy AD is a Laker, but how many championships do you figure the Lakers will get with this aging team. Not saying AD is old, fact he is premium right now, but how about LeBron and 50% of the rest of the team which are at the twilight of their careers. Actually you convinced me that going with the youth movement was a great idea in the long run. Now you have switch 180%.

If given time, I still think IF the Lakers had kept Dlo as a shooting guard, not a point guard, Ball, Ingram, Hart, Randle and Kuzma this Laker group would have gelled as a team to be one of the best in the NBA. I know it all hind sight now, but I had really gotten attached to watching them kids grow up in the nba. I did critcized some of them, but I will do that with any player that is bad on something they are doing and needs coaching. But I think that group, given time would have given the Lakers many years of service. That is why I lost all respect to the great Magic Johnson when he wanted to trade the whole team for AD.

Axle
votes: 71
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 15020
Location: Axle

Another thing to worry about is that AD if he wants to can leave the Lakers after this season is over, and if they keep playing him on the five spot, he might just do that. He has made it clear that he does not like playing the five spot. When Vogel used him on the five spot, he spent most of his time on the floor. I thought we had Vlade back. LOL!

userpete1037
votes: 18
LNS HOF Platinum
Posts: 20317
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
And now they will be a tank team.

I hope he gets well soon. The game needs him.

Yeah I hate to see that happened to him.

Tempy
votes: 51
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12908
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif

Axle wrote:
Tempy: I remember you was one of the forum members that was all for giving our youth time to develop and figured they would give the Lakers many more years of great basketball. When did you all of a sudden think the move Magic had suggested was a great move? I know we are all happy AD is a Laker, but how many championships do you figure the Lakers will get with this aging team. Not saying AD is old, fact he is premium right now, but how about LeBron and 50% of the rest of the team which are at the twilight of their careers. Actually you convinced me that going with the youth movement was a great idea in the long run. Now you have switch 180%.

If given time, I still think IF the Lakers had kept Dlo as a shooting guard, not a point guard, Ball, Ingram, Hart, Randle and Kuzma this Laker group would have gelled as a team to be one of the best in the NBA. I know it all hind sight now, but I had really gotten attached to watching them kids grow up in the nba. I did critcized some of them, but I will do that with any player that is bad on something they are doing and needs coaching. But I think that group, given time would have given the Lakers many years of service. That is why I lost all respect to the great Magic Johnson when he wanted to trade the whole team for AD.

There's not enough cap space to keep all the young pieces so some were going to be moved regardless. Ball, Ingram, DLO & Randle all need the ball in their hands to be effective. None of them are good off the ball. So how do you make that work with one basketball? This is not even getting into defense and the rest of the roster. There would be no depth because there's no cap to spend. No ring chasing vet signs for the Lakers if the 4 above are your star players.

Yes I was on board giving the youngsters a chance but ultimately they may not have amounted to much. Maybe they do but you forgo the opportunity of the current championship window that's been presented. The franchise is about winning championships, not hoping to win one. The move gives them a window of contention, It's small with LBJ at his current age but if the FO turn that $40 mill contract into a second star the window stays open just as long as it would have with the young core, if they ever become stars in the first place.

BaadMaster
votes: 98
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8627

When you see a chance you take it. AD is that friggin good. We are 3-1 and looking better every game. Pelicans are playing like pelicans. And BI might still be a bum here because of the L.A. pressure cooker.

If Kuzma comes back as the player we all think he will be and Iggy joins us, get ready for the parade!

userpete1037
votes: 18
LNS HOF Platinum
Posts: 20317
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif

Dallas up next. FORWARD......lol.


Options Quick Reply: RE: Lakers vs. Grizzlies Game Day 2019-10-29
register
You are an anonymous user- or .
Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
Notify me when a reply is posted
Don't Check Spelling
Note: Twitter & Youtube BBCODE Tags are no longer necessary. The system will automatically convert links to tweets & youtube videos.
   


   
   
register
You are an anonymous user- Register now or Log in Now!