AD Traded to the Lakers (P. 4)

Lakers News Surge Forum/Message Board » Lakers News
Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Search This Topic:
 
JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8543

us.gif
votes: 22
Tempy wrote:
Like any Dr. Would be willing to leak stuff and lose his license for HIPAA violations. Come on dude stop being so petty. Just look at recent examples of players who have had the injury, why would any team, who throws a max contract at Durant, try to have him come back ASAP? As for Klay, the reports said 9-12 months. These are numbers from other Dr's who the media asked for medical opinion. Again why would he be rushed back? Nobody, not even the Dr. who performed the surgery knows when they will return, each and every athlete recovers differently. Go read....


Shepherd
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 11013

ez.gif
votes: 55

JJCali wrote:
Thank you. Not a single person on here missed the entire next season. Disagree they’ll miss the playoffs even if both KD and Klay missed the season though. Curry is enough to get you in the playoffs.

It was already highly speculative. Now you guys are arguing about speculations lol. Klay hasn't had surgery yet. KD just had his. Is he even walking yet? Let's tap the brakes here pple. Wait 6 months then we can all argue about it hahaha...


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8543

us.gif
votes: 22

Shepherd wrote:
It was already highly speculative. Now you guys are arguing about speculations lol. Klay hasn't had surgery yet. KD just had his. Is he even walking yet? Let's tap the brakes here pple. Wait 6 months then we can all argue about it hahaha...

Yes, that was my original point. People on a forum are stating how long these guys will be out when we really have no idea.


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8543

us.gif
votes: 22

kkennon1 wrote:
Or he just sucks on defense. Which he does, RIGHT NOW. Not saying he's not a good player, but watching Pels games last season, defensive effort isn't there a lot of the time. Think he can play decent defense, just hasn't put that much effort into that side of the ball yet.

Nope. LBJ SUCKS on defense! Actually that would be giving him too much credit. He doesn’t play defense. Ray elaborated on what I was saying. Just take your L, Kkennon. Every time you bring up your defensive rankings it sounds ridiculous lol. According to your list Curry and Reddick are elite defenders.


lakeshowsd
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14613
Location: North Bend, OR
us.gif
votes: 144

JJCali wrote:
Lol, calm down. This doesn’t feel anything like getting Shaq in his prime.

Well, for not being Shaq, AD has sure put up some very prime Shaq-like numbers these last several years. Just sayin', lol


Tempy
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12761
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif
votes: 51

JJCali wrote:
Your response is petty. We get a timetable at some point for every injured player. Where do you think those timetables come from? For example, when the Lakers have an injured player, do they go on LNS and ask Tempy how long the player will be out or do they go with the doctor??

What are you even trying to say? You added nothing relevant to the conversation here. I have never proclaimed to be an expert on player injuries, I also don't know exactly how long he will be out.

Going off this exact injury to other NBA players the time frame is 9months to a year. What are you trying to say about that? Every thing I just said are facts, go look up every player that Ray listed above and prove those numbers wrong.

I guess the thought of LBJ winning a ring with the Lakers is getting to you.


Tempy
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12761
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif
votes: 51

JJCali wrote:
Yes, that was my original point. People on a forum are stating how long these guys will be out when we really have no idea.

That's like saying you don't know how long your drive to work is going to be. There's enough players who have experienced the same injury to provide a decent enough time line of his expected rehabilitation.


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8543

us.gif
votes: 22

Tempy wrote:
That's like saying you don't know how long your drive to work is going to be. There's enough players who have experienced the same injury to provide a decent enough time line of his expected rehabilitation.

None of which would make me think they’ll be out all of next year lol. So what are you trying to say now??


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8543

us.gif
votes: 22

Tempy wrote:
What are you even trying to say? You added nothing relevant to the conversation here. I have never proclaimed to be an expert on player injuries, I also don't know exactly how long he will be out.

Going off this exact injury to other NBA players the time frame is 9months to a year. What are you trying to say about that? Every thing I just said are facts, go look up every player that Ray listed above and prove those numbers wrong.

I guess the thought of LBJ winning a ring with the Lakers is getting to you.

You’re adding nothing relevant to this forum.


Tempy
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12761
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif
votes: 51

JJCali wrote:
You’re adding nothing relevant to this forum.

All you do is sh1t on LBJ, sh1t on the FO and cry about Randle and now the other young players being traded. You sure you're a Laker fan? Acting more like a troll than a fan.


Angeluus
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 946
votes: 2

Tempy wrote:
All you do is sh1t on LBJ, sh1t on the FO and cry about Randle and now the other young players being traded. You sure you're a Laker fan? Acting more like a troll than a fan.

I've read countless comments in a row from him that are completely negative. That is one of the reasons I am taking a slight break from this purple screen. Too much negativity and individuals who think that their options are all that is relevant.


Tempy
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12761
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif
votes: 51

JJCali wrote:
None of which would make me think they’ll be out all of next year lol. So what are you trying to say now??

That your opinion is different to the majority of everyone else's? What else is there to say? Lol


Tempy
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12761
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif
votes: 51

Angeluus wrote:
I've read countless comments in a row from him that are completely negative. That is one of the reasons I am taking a slight break from this purple screen. Too much negativity and individuals who think that their options are all that is relevant.

Well July is almost here and free agency should be interesting, but I think I'll join you on that break thing.


Shepherd
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 11013

ez.gif
votes: 55

Neither Durant nor Thompson is coming here, I think we can all agree on that. So, not sure why we're even worried about it. I guess it's interesting somewhat. But in the end it's someone else's problem. Ce sera sera


Shepherd
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 11013

ez.gif
votes: 55

Tempy wrote:
That's like saying you don't know how long your drive to work is going to be.

Well, in LA that is a bit of a wildcard lol


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14295
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 23

JJCali wrote:
Nope. LBJ SUCKS on defense! Actually that would be giving him too much credit. He doesn’t play defense. Ray elaborated on what I was saying. Just take your L, Kkennon. Every time you bring up your defensive rankings it sounds ridiculous lol. According to your list Curry and Reddick are elite defenders.

Didn't know it was a contest, well in that case JJ, At least James was a good defensive player in his career and better on defense than Randle will ever be, Randle's defenseless azz doesn't even know where he'll play next and who Pels announcers got on time after time during season for his lackluster defense.

Also find it interesting how much you're defending GS, you sure you and Axle aren't related ?? L back at you.


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8543

us.gif
votes: 22

Tempy wrote:
All you do is sh1t on LBJ, sh1t on the FO and cry about Randle and now the other young players being traded. You sure you're a Laker fan? Acting more like a troll than a fan.

That’s funny coming from you. All you’ve done for years is shi!t on the front office (far more than I ever did), sh1t on the true Lakers (like Kobe Bryant) and cry about every move we made. You sure you’re a Lakers fan?

And you just continue to make no relevant posts.


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8543

us.gif
votes: 22

Tempy wrote:
That your opinion is different to the majority of everyone else's? What else is there to say? Lol

Well, not one person has agreed with what you’re saying. Multiple people have agreed that it takes less time than you’re saying, or agree with my original point that we don’t know. So once again, you’re rebuttal is ridiculous, like the rest of your posts.


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8543

us.gif
votes: 22

Angeluus wrote:
I've read countless comments in a row from him that are completely negative. That is one of the reasons I am taking a slight break from this purple screen. Too much negativity and individuals who think that their options are all that is relevant.

Enjoy your break!!


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8543

us.gif
votes: 22

Shepherd wrote:
Well, in LA that is a bit of a wildcard lol

Lol I almost said the same thing!


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8543

us.gif
votes: 22

kkennon1 wrote:
Didn't know it was a contest, well in that case JJ, At least James was a good defensive player in his career and better on defense than Randle will ever be, Randle's defenseless azz doesn't even know where he'll play next and who Pels announcers got on time after time during season for his lackluster defense.

Also find it interesting how much you're defending GS, you sure you and Axle aren't related ?? L back at you.

Well that’s not true, but I’m pretty sure you’re just trolling now. And there’s no L here.

Edit: also, GS would deserve anyone’s defense, they’ve been the model franchise in recent history. But, I didn’t do any defending of them to say we don’t know that Klay and Durant will miss all of next season. In fact that’s probably unlikely.


lakerdudeinindy
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1426
votes: 15

Wow....it's a Laker fan battle royal...let me get my chair and start swinging...LMBO!!!!


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8543

us.gif
votes: 22

lakerdudeinindy wrote:
Wow....it's a Laker fan battle royal...let me get my chair and start swinging...LMBO!!!!

The GOAT!


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 19960
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

It's getting hot in hurrrr!!!!!!!.....lol.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14295
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 23

JJCali wrote:
Well that’s not true, but I’m pretty sure you’re just trolling now. And there’s no L here.

Edit: also, GS would deserve anyone’s defense, they’ve been the model franchise in recent history. But, I didn’t do any defending of them to say we don’t know that Klay and Durant will miss all of next season. In fact that’s probably unlikely.

Guess we'll disagree on that, as a Lakers fan, don't give a damn about GS or if their players are out for a few months or forever. "F" GS !!!!


lakerdudeinindy
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1426
votes: 15

userpete1037 wrote:
It's getting hot in hurrrr!!!!!!!.....lol.

LOL...right!!!!


Tempy
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12761
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif
votes: 51


lakeshowsd
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14613
Location: North Bend, OR
us.gif
votes: 144

Tempy wrote:

Sad art, but funny at the same time.


lakerdude
Laker GM
Posts: 4660
Location: lakerdude
votes: 36

lakeshowsd wrote:
Well, for not being Shaq, AD has sure put up some very prime Shaq-like numbers these last several years. Just sayin', lol

Exactly. I feel just about as excited getting AD as when we got Shaq. Anytime you get a transcendent player, especially a big in their prime, is time for celebration. Our future is as bright as ever simply because I believe most stars and great role players will want to come play with him. The Lakers are back in business.


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16589
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 70

userpete1037 wrote:
It's getting hot in hurrrr!!!!!!!.....lol.


lake24show
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1175
Location: Nebraska
us.gif
votes: 7

Check out this article! Breaks down the exact position the lakers are in with cap space and options and guess what there is plenty of paths to get to max level salary space! I’ve read a lot of articles from this guys before and he always seems to know what he is talking about so hopefully he is correct on this part. It’s a great read check it out!

https://247sports.com/nba/mavericks/Art ... 132970888/


lakerdudeinindy
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1426
votes: 15

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:

LMBO....was waiting for you to jump in MAGICLAKEZ!!!!


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14295
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 23

lake24show wrote:
Check out this article! Breaks down the exact position the lakers are in with cap space and options and guess what there is plenty of paths to get to max level salary space! I’ve read a lot of articles from this guys before and he always seems to know what he is talking about so hopefully he is correct on this part. It’s a great read check it out!

https://247sports.com/nba/mavericks/Art ... 132970888/

Maybe that's why they wanted to hold on to Kuz, so they could use him in a side deal later.

Lol, Lakers roster will be James and AD.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14295
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 23

Tempy wrote:

If these reports are true on how Lakers clear rest of cap to get to max, might have to put Kuz down there next to Zo, BI and Hart.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14295
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 23


lake24show
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1175
Location: Nebraska
us.gif
votes: 7

kkennon1 wrote:
Maybe that's why they wanted to hold on to Kuz, so they could use him in a side deal later.

Lol, Lakers roster will be James and AD.

I really hope that’s not the case. I really think Kuzma is the perfect fit with a star studded group. He really doesn’t need the ball in his hands to be affective. We need more guys like that.


Ray
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1686
Location: Ray
votes: 25

lake24show wrote:
I really hope that’s not the case. I really think Kuzma is the perfect fit with a star studded group. He really doesn’t need the ball in his hands to be affective. We need more guys like that.

I know Kuzma name had been mention to make this work but we can make it work with out him being included.

Basically we need to turn this trade into a 3 or 4 team trade to find some teams that will take Wagner, Bonga, Jemerrio Jones on the trade basically for free. If we do that we would be sending out enough salary for CBA to allow us to spend 32 mil on July 6th.


TXllakerfan
NewsSurge Newbie
Posts: 31
Location: Dallas tx
votes: 0

I read an article that Rob pelinka is going back to the pelicans and trying to rework the Anthony Davis deal. Do you think this is a smart move can the pelicans get mad and back out on a deal.


lake24show
Die-Hard Laker Fan
 Avatar
Age: 32
Posts: 1175
Location: Nebraska
us.gif
votes: 7

Ray wrote:
I know Kuzma name had been mention to make this work but we can make it work with out him being included.

Basically we need to turn this trade into a 3 or 4 team trade to find some teams that will take Wagner, Bonga, Jemerrio Jones on the trade basically for free. If we do that we would be sending out enough salary for CBA to allow us to spend 32 mil on July 6th.

Wagner will be the easy one to get rid of. I. Fact probly can get a 2nd rounder for him. Then turn around and use that 2nd rounder to another team to take on jones and bonga. Jones then can be waived by whoever takes him on since his contract is not guaranteed. So you might be right could end up being 4 teams involved. Unless the 3rd team takes on all 3 of them for free. Which if the 3rd team involved gets the 4th pick I could see it happening.


Ray
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1686
Location: Ray
votes: 25

lake24show wrote:
Wagner will be the easy one to get rid of. I. Fact probly can get a 2nd rounder for him. Then turn around and use that 2nd rounder to another team to take on jones and bonga. Jones then can be waived by whoever takes him on since his contract is not guaranteed. So you might be right could end up being 4 teams involved. Unless the 3rd team takes on all 3 of them for free. Which if the 3rd team involved gets the 4th pick I could see it happening.

Yea I think by July 6th if we need 32mil to make the best team possible that our FO along with Davis will get the cap opened up. Every team has brilliant CBA people that knows the loop holes and what needs to happen. To think the Lakers made a deal that cost them 9mil in rooster money, I never believed.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14295
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 23

TXllakerfan wrote:
I read an article that Rob pelinka is going back to the pelicans and trying to rework the Anthony Davis deal. Do you think this is a smart move can the pelicans get mad and back out on a deal.

Think it might have been talked about from beginning, probably to help Pels with a deal with another team, and help Lakers out at same time.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14295
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 23

Plenty of money to buy 2nd rd picks.


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16589
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 70

lakerdudeinindy wrote:
LMBO....was waiting for you to jump in MAGICLAKEZ!!!!

Lmfao.....you know that’s right!!! Lol


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14295
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 23

Wondering if FO was bold enough , if they got Kawhi and got AD resigned after next season to trade James and get cap space early.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 19960
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

Rob's making boss moves eh.......lol.


lakersfan1909
NewsSurge Newbie
Posts: 31
votes: 0

Rob is trying to clear max cap space and they will try to get a third star but if no one comes, spread the wealth and bring in 3&D shooters.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14295
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 23

Our new PG. Lol


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16589
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 70

userpete1037 wrote:
Rob's making boss moves eh.......lol.

What if AD decides next year that this is not working out, he leaves and LBJ follows subsequently. This trade would be viewed as an apocalypse of epic proportions. Hope that’s not the case since they have submitted the entire young core and draft picks collateral until 2025. Lol.


Ray
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1686
Location: Ray
votes: 25

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
What if AD decides next year that this is not working out, he leaves and LBJ follows subsequently. This trade would be viewed as an apocalypse of epic proportions. Hope that’s not the case since they have submitted the entire young core and draft picks collateral until 2025. Lol.

I think this is kind of like how Rockets management gave a wink wink on giving CP3 a max deal this last summer, at that point they pretty much had to do it or what other top FAs would ever trust the Rockets going forward.

AD and Klutch would lose a lot of respect if they back out on the Lakers next year given what they gave up for AD and I'm sure AD gave the Lakers a wink wink on resigning with us no matter what. I mean Klutch has went out of their way more then any agent ever to get AD to the Lakers.

Celtics were never on Irving wish list, so that was a risk Danny Ainge wanted to take.


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Gold
 Avatar
Posts: 16589
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 70

Ray wrote:
I think this is kind of like how Rockets management gave a wink wink on giving CP3 a max deal this last summer, at that point they pretty much had to do it or what other top FAs would ever trust the Rockets going forward.

AD and Klutch would lose a lot of respect if they back out on the Lakers next year given what they gave up for AD and I'm sure AD gave the Lakers a wink wink on resigning with us no matter what. I mean Klutch has went out of their way more then any agent ever to get AD to the Lakers.

Celtics were never on Irving wish list, so that was a risk Danny Ainge wanted to take.

I really hope that’s the case.


Options Quick Reply: RE: AD Traded to the Lakers
register
You are an anonymous user- or .
Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
Notify me when a reply is posted
Don't Check Spelling
Note: Twitter & Youtube BBCODE Tags are no longer necessary. The system will automatically convert links to tweets & youtube videos.
   
 
Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home
Post new topic   Reply to topic
register
You are an anonymous user- Register now or Log in Now!


Add our Los Angeles Lakers Blog RSS Feed, the Lakers Rumors RSS Feed, the Lakers News RSS feed, and the Lakers Forum RSS feed to get the latest Laker News and Rumors and Lakers Game info in your RSS/XML reader!