Magic Says Rob Pelinka Was Backstabbing Him on First Take

Lakers News Surge Forum/Message Board » Lakers News
Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Search This Topic:
 
MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Gold
 Avatar
Posts: 16585
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 70


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16585
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 70

The full clip


slief
Serious Laker Fan
Age: 50
Posts: 414

us.gif
votes: 9

As much as I hate to say it.. If Magic is so loyal to this franchise and has the Lakers best interests in mind, then Magic needs to keep his mouth shut. He’s not helping anything and if he truly feels that way, he should be addressing that with the Lakers and Rob. Instead, he’s making this a public spectacle and it reflects poorly on the organization and frankly, it reflects poorly on him too. He should know better. The way he handled his untimley exit and now the way he’s handling these interviews is not very professional and certainly not in the best interest in the franchise he professes to so deeply love. I’m not going to lie, I’ve lost some respect for him and I also think he hurts his own credibility by the way he handled his exit and now this. Regardless of whether that is what he believes and if there is even truth to it. Some things are better off left unsaid when it comes to the court of public opinion. That said, I think Rob handled the questions in press conference very well when asked about Magics comments.


TheLegendaryDino
Laker GM
Posts: 4344
votes: 4

Magic Johnson is bunch of bs. He could of fired Pelinka but he didn't and he cry like a little ***** and step down. Now he's pointing fingers at others for his failure. All the mess the lakers are in right now is due to johnson and his big mouth. Magic trying to take advantage of the lakers ever since Buss died. First he separated Jim from Jeanie and the lakers ownership so he can take advantage of her. According to Magic, he want to buy the lakers since long time and he said it again in the interview. So with all the lakers mess, I am starting to think that magic johnson did this lakers mess on purposely in order to force Jeanie to sell the lakers to him. Magic says he's supporting the lakers and Jeanie is like his sister but really? his action and his big azz mouth saying something else. Its more like he's backstabbing her after she trusted him and let him run the lakers but magic failed. Lakers shouldn't involve too much into this buffoon.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14295
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 23

Was wondering the same thing, why they haven't been put in bigger roles in FO.


IhatetheCeltics
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8154
votes: 51

It’s not back stabbing if you just say what everyone else sees. Pelinka wasn’t the only person who saw Magic as an absentee executive, other people in the building did as well. Magic even acknowledged he wasn’t there most of the time. So someone points out that you don’t show up (which you don’t) and now your feelings are hurt? Maybe if you had showed up more often, those things wouldn’t have been said about you. Nobody forced you to step down, you wanted to do it on your own. Not a Pelinka fan, but Magic portraying himself as the victim is hilarious to me.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 19957
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

Sounds like Lavar Ball was right when he said Magic was nothing more than a figure head when he was on Undisputed some time ago.....


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16585
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 70


Repped High Quality Post

userpete1037 wrote:
Sounds like Lavar Ball was right when he said Magic was nothing more than a figure head when he was on Undisputed some time ago.....

Magic just before he stepped down...LMAO


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 19957
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
Magic just before he stepped down...LMAO

ROTFL!!!!!


lakerdudeinindy
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1426
votes: 15
I watched the First Take several times...I honestly wanted to give Magic a chance at being the president and it did not go well as tenure went on. I even angrily shook my fist at the mess he did make of SOME things, but I personally feel he is not playing the victim, he owned up to his mistakes and comically double down own things that he did wrong, but to make it seem like he was the SOLE villain in all this mess...? Naw, Pelinka is a snake...!!! I don't think Magic lied when he told Buss that he was going to be in and out and Magic played himself thinking that this was going to be easy. He was wrong on A LOT of stuff, but the narrative of him trying to portray a victim is not what I am seeing. Is he being Magic? Yep, all the way, all day and he should have been a senior adviser, not the President. But, let's not pretend that Pelinka was innocent and was so elegant at the press conference....THAT WAS BS!!!! So, if you had an arrangement with your boss and the person UNDER you is shi***ing on your name and undermining you, Magic should gracefully not say anything? Buss SHOULD not have hired him then. If my arrangement with the boss is approved by her, then Buss was cool with it. SHE should have stepped in and told Magic either commit full time or maybe groom someone else for this. Magic is wrong because he was coming in and out per their arrangement? C'mon now. And Pelinka instead of being a man, he gossiped around the office about it. And I don't care if Magic was coming in one day a week, Pelinka mind your business!!! Magic was gone....


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8543

us.gif
votes: 22

I bet Rob went around and said Magic doesn’t know what the hell he is doing, more than saying “where is Magic?” Magic probably did feel back stabbed. But it sounds like the blame game at this point. I still think he secretly go let go by Jeannie Buss hours after another report of dysfunction within the FO. She let him resign and now he’s placing blame elsewhere. Magic was flat out as bad of an executive as we could’ve imagined.


gemfow
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12402
Location: Maryland
us.gif
votes: 181

lakerdudeinindy wrote:
I watched the First Take several times...I honestly wanted to give Magic a chance at being the president and it did not go well as tenure went on. I even angrily shook my fist at the mess he did make of SOME things, but I personally feel he is not playing the victim, he owned up to his mistakes and comically double down own things that he did wrong, but to make it seem like he was the SOLE villain in all this mess...? Naw, Pelinka is a snake...!!!

I don't think Magic lied when he told Buss that he was going to be in and out and Magic played himself thinking that this was going to be easy. He was wrong on A LOT of stuff, but the narrative of him trying to portray a victim is not what I am seeing. Is he being Magic? Yep, all the way, all day and he should have been a senior adviser, not the President. But, let's not pretend that Pelinka was innocent and was so elegant at the press conference....THAT WAS BS!!!!

I'm glad Magic did what he did. No sensible free agent was going to come here anyway imo. There needs to be some attention put on the ridiculous practices going on in LA and I also believe Magic is hurt by some of it still. Magic was tearing up when he held the news conference and those weren't tears of joy because he was free. I personally believe Magic was hurt and still is by some of his recent actions.

I also believe him when he said he'd be in and out. None of us believed he'd be a full-time President but where I feel Jeannie went wrong is getting Kobe's friend and just pairing them together. President's usually want their own guys, very much like a coach wanting their own staff, not management trying to pick them.


lakerdudeinindy
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1426
votes: 15

JJCali wrote:
I bet Rob went around and said Magic doesn’t know what the hell he is doing, more than saying “where is Magic?” Magic probably did feel back stabbed. But it sounds like the blame game at this point. I still think he secretly go let go by Jeannie Buss hours after another report of dysfunction within the FO. She let him resign and now he’s placing blame elsewhere. Magic was flat out as bad of an executive as we could’ve imagined.

Who is he blaming? He said I resigned because of Rob and he did not feel he had the power to do what Jeannie hired him to do. Magic didn't say the Lakers were bad and blamed everyone, he took the hit on one thing and just said I did what I did because that's what I was hired to do ( The Lopez, Randle , Williams and Russell walk-offs and trades.) Not once did he say it was Rob's fault or Jeannie's fault, which some of that mess was on them also.

Once again not completely caping for Magic, by going on First Take he took the brunt of his foolishness self-admittedly or not and he just exposed the incompetence of the FO. How long were fans going to pretend that things are great there? Are the Lakers moving towards something positive? I hope, but this narrative that Magic is the worst executive around and you got Pelinka, the Rambis' and Phil behind the curtain like the Wizard of Oz still confusing others? C'mon now.


lakerdudeinindy
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1426
votes: 15

gemfow wrote:
I'm glad Magic did what he did. No sensible free agent was going to come here anyway imo. There needs to be some attention put on the ridiculous practices going on in LA and I also believe Magic is hurt by some of it still. Magic was tearing up when he held the news conference and those weren't tears of joy because he was free. I personally believe Magic was hurt and still is by some of his recent actions.

I also believe him when he said he'd be in and out. None of us believed he'd be a full-time President but where I feel Jeannie went wrong is getting Kobe's friend and just pairing them together. President's usually want their own guys, very much like a coach wanting their own staff, not management trying to pick them.

EXACTLY!!! Jeannie paired them together. Magic said it, he didn't hire Pelinka and Magic sadly went into this as more overseer then hands on. He should have been either A. Given another title or B. Let him pick a GM that probably would have had some basketball knowledge and understood how to build a team or C. Not hired him at all. He Magiced his way into the position. It was apparent to EVERYONE Magic was going to struggle and at least he said if he can't get things together, he would leave....he left.

And the FO is still screwed up!!!


lakerdudeinindy
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1426
votes: 15

userpete1037 wrote:
Sounds like Lavar Ball was right when he said Magic was nothing more than a figure head when he was on Undisputed some time ago.....

Lavar calls A LOT of stuff. His bluster with his sons nonwithstanding gets him in trouble, BUT he sees things and he is not afraid to just state it.


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8543

us.gif
votes: 22

lakerdudeinindy wrote:
Who is he blaming? He said I resigned because of Rob and he did not feel he had the power to do what Jeannie hired him to do. Magic didn't say the Lakers were bad and blamed everyone, he took the hit on one thing and just said I did what I did because that's what I was hired to do ( The Lopez, Randle , Williams and Russell walk-offs and trades.) Not once did he say it was Rob's fault or Jeannie's fault, which some of that mess was on them also.

Once again not completely caping for Magic, by going on First Take he took the brunt of his foolishness self-admittedly or not and he just exposed the incompetence of the FO. How long were fans going to pretend that things are great there? Are the Lakers moving towards something positive? I hope, but this narrative that Magic is the worst executive around and you got Pelinka, the Rambis' and Phil behind the curtain like the Wizard of Oz still confusing others? C'mon now.

When did PJ get brought up? How is he pulling the strings?? Come one man. He’s placing blame by your response! He made these stupid Azz moves. Not Rambis is or Pelinka. You’re falling for his deception. IMO.


lakerdudeinindy
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1426
votes: 15

JJCali wrote:
When did PJ get brought up? How is he pulling the strings?? Come one man. He’s placing blame by your response! He made these stupid Azz moves. Not Ramon is or Pelinka. You’re falling for his deception. IMO.

And what deception is that? That he is totally blameless in all this, when I KNOW I said he should not have been President of anything in the first place? I brought up PJ, because it has been said NUMEROUS times that he advises Buss and has influence in the organization. He f'ed up the Knicks and set them back for years, but you think Magic was the worst? OK....

I would love/prefer Jeannie to hire REAL basketball minds that HAS absolutely NOTHING to do with past Laker glory and hopefully Vogel can be the start of this, but miss me with Magic is fooling me mess.

I look at half this board going in on Magic like he is the WORST and the WHOLE FO has been as shady as a willow tree, but you want me to believe that Magic was the Sith Lord of all execs? Nope!!!

Magic and I reiterate: SCREWED UP, but are you going to actually type that this was all him? All of them deserve blame, but Magic is the sole one because he aired out what the majority of us talk about what the FO does. Pull, the clandestine, silent, don't look at the man behind the curtain BS!!! It all needed to be put out there, so MAYBE, JUST MAYBE Jeannie can understand that this franchise deserves better than the 6 years or so of idiocy.


FrankBecerra
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1452
Location: Staples Center
votes: 2

Wow, it sounds like Magic created a lot of the issues, it seems like we should be happy that he stepped down. Some are saying that Magic has problems managing people and understanding what needs to be done to run a business. I’m thinking that is why LaVar said that Magic was just a figure head. Who would have guessed that Magic was pulling the wool over the fans eyes as well as the Lake owners/managers.


lakerdudeinindy
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1426
votes: 15

FrankBecerra wrote:
Wow, it sounds like Magic created a lot of the issues, it seems like we should be happy that he stepped down. Some are saying that Magic has problems managing people and understanding what needs to be done to run a business. I’m thinking that is why LaVar said that Magic was just a figure head. Who would have guessed that Magic was pulling the wool over the fans eyes as well as the Lake owners/managers.

Magic did create SOME of the mess. But once again, how did he fool any fan? Most of us on here felt he shouldn't be President in the first place, while others were willing to see what he did. All of them screwed up and Jeannie knew what she was getting with Magic. I'm sorry, but Magic was screwing up, but I can't keep letting fans act like he was the only one mucking up the joint. Pelinka was and is a snake and the fact that this FO actually had capable basketball minds like the younger Buss brothers and Ryan West and Jeannie is snubbing them doesn't make her look like she is innocent either.


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Gold
 Avatar
Posts: 16585
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 70


Repped High Quality Post

Magic never forced himself on the lakers. Jeannie brought him in as an emergency relief measure(and damage control), immediately after she fired Jim and the other brother to distract public opinion. She wanted to sweep that big development under the rug by installing Magic in the FO to sway public perception. Magic has other commitments; He has multiple businesses to tend to. He has also uplifted numerous people from the lower social strata and continues to do so until this very day. The unselfish player is demonstrating the same attributes even off the court.

Jeannie was well aware of his other commitments and his time constraints, but still went ahead and used him for her own self vested interests. She played him and lied to him that he would have supreme powers to make bb decisions. She is the queen dragon, Khaleesi...the biggest player of them all. Rob is a bonafide snake who’s hated around the league by agents, execs and players. The only reason he was hired was because he was Kobe’s guy and would be a spy for Jeannie(and Kobe) and report everything Magic was doing. It’s only in lakerland that a fking thug like Rob gets glorified, whereas others around the league don’t even want to see his face, let alone take his call. His reputation is worse than the bum on Third st promenade, trying to steal empty recyclable plastic bottles.

Can’t believe the fanbase is turning against the most iconic and greatest laker of all time. Yes I had major issues with his basketball decisions, but don’t assassinate his character to protect the turd called Rob. Magic went and cleared his name cause none of these shameless lakers(Jeannie included) were stepping in to have his back.

Take these Motha fokas down Magic!! You are the only hope we have. How can we accept this garbage and pretend that everything is utopia? Expose these bastards and hopefully we will get to sell this mom and pop Yogurtland operation to a professional group.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14295
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 23

My only problem with Magic is he shouldn't have taken job if he couldn't commit fully, and jeanie shouldn't have hired him if he couldn't , Plenty of blame to go around.

Sad part in all this is , imo, that even without this latest mess, Lakers might not have gotten any top players.


lakerdudeinindy
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1426
votes: 15

kkennon1 wrote:
My only problem with Magic is he shouldn't have taken job if he couldn't commit fully, and jeanie shouldn't have hired him if he couldn't , Plenty of blame to go around.

Sad part in all this is , imo, that even without this latest mess, Lakers might not have gotten any top players.

I can agree to that, I will keep typing this over and over...Magic should NOT have been in this position. He underestimated the position and I think got in over his head and Jeannie just smiled the Buss smile and let it go for a couple of years.

FACTS on the mess...no big time free-agent was coming regardless, because of what we have seen unfolding in the media with the Lakers. Horrible decision making, behind the times management and this goofy clandestine, privileged "we are the Lakers attitude." that seems to rub everyone the wrong way.

With the Vogel hiring; I hope he shines with the core we have and build something positive, but I just had enough of the venom spewed directly at Magic on here. I have sadly read on here some inappropriate stuff towards Magic and reading some of it makes me see why Lakers fans are sometimes despised. But, hey this forum is open and we all have different opinions....


Tempy
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12761
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif
votes: 51

lakerdudeinindy wrote:
I can agree to that, I will keep typing this over and over...Magic should NOT have been in this position. He underestimated the position and I think got in over his head and Jeannie just smiled the Buss smile and let it go for a couple of years.

FACTS on the mess...no big time free-agent was coming regardless, because of what we have seen unfolding in the media with the Lakers. Horrible decision making, behind the times management and this goofy clandestine, privileged "we are the Lakers attitude." that seems to rub everyone the wrong way.

With the Vogel hiring; I hope he shines with the core we have and build something positive, but I just had enough of the venom spewed directly at Magic on here. I have sadly read on here some inappropriate stuff towards Magic and reading some of it makes me see why Lakers fans are sometimes despised. But, hey this forum is open and we all have different opinions....

So we shouldn't hold people accountable for their actions or positions they hold?

Was Magic to blame for it all? Absolutely not, that is ridiculous for anyone to think, but you don't leave the way he did, especially if he loves the franchise the way he says he does. You don't go on first take the day the franchise are about to announce their new coach and rip the franchise a new one. Especially when free agency is around the corner. That is as unprofessional as it gets and typifies his time as president of the franchise.

Magic would not hold back on his criticism of Jim Buss so why should we be treating Magic any differently? He was as BAD as Jim if not worse.


lakerdudeinindy
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1426
votes: 15

Tempy wrote:
So we shouldn't hold people accountable for their actions or positions they hold?

Was Magic to blame for it all? Absolutely not, that is ridiculous for anyone to think, but you don't leave the way he did, especially if he loves the franchise the way he says he does. You don't go on first take the day the franchise are about to announce their new coach and rip the franchise a new one. Especially when free agency is around the corner. That is as unprofessional as it gets and typifies his time as president of the franchise.

Magic would not hold back on his criticism of Jim Buss so why should we be treating Magic any differently? He was as BAD as Jim if not worse.

Not worse, but he was bad. I guess, I need to go back and read my post. Did I say he shouldn't be held responsible? I just I am not going to sit by and let fans take dumb a** potshots at the guy. And I don't care about him going on First Take, he said what he said and that's it. He shouldn't have been President, but I am not going to get on the vilify the Magic train, like some have and from what I have been reading, most of the blame has been tossed on him, so I'm going to assume A LOT of ridiculous folks have been posting on here.


Tempy
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12761
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif
votes: 51

lakerdudeinindy wrote:
Not worse, but he was bad. I guess, I need to go back and read my post. Did I say he shouldn't be held responsible? I just I am not going to sit by and let fans take dumb a** potshots at the guy. And I don't care about him going on First Take, he said what he said and that's it. He shouldn't have been President, but I am not going to get on the vilify the Magic train, like some have and from what I have been reading, most of the blame has been tossed on him, so I'm going to assume A LOT of ridiculous folks have been posting on here.

What potshots? What has been said here that wasn't exactly true? He let Randle walk, Let Lopez walk, traded DLO etc etc. We could even debate the LBJ move too.

He made lots of bad decisions, a lot of the blame should be tossed on him. Ditto for Jeanie.


lakerdudeinindy
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1426
votes: 15

Tempy wrote:
What potshots? What has been said here that wasn't exactly true? He let Randle walk, Let Lopez walk, traded DLO etc etc. We could even debate the LBJ move too.

He made lots of bad decisions, a lot of the blame should be tossed on him. Ditto for Jeanie.

So you are asking me to post what I percieve as potshots at Magic to prove to you, if it's true? After reading how it's all Magic fault on this thread and others, I am asked to prove it to you? if I post everyone's potshots that gets more mess started! Not going to do that, not because I can't prove it, but I will direct my concerns and debates with the people I am interacting with. I respect them to not draw their names or the posts, UNLESS I am directly dealing with them. I may not like what was said, but I have enough respect for others view to not pull their posts and display them to prove what I have read.

So, like I said more than I care too, Magic said he made a mistake with Lopez and didn't flinch about the rest. Do I agree with him? No, but I will continue to say and believe that Magic was not the only one to mess up.

Matter of fact why do you care about how I feel about Magic, anyway? That's why I have gone hard like this. I didn't agree with a few posts, but did not try to convince anyone to say Magic was great, I said that he wasn't good and should have not been President and should not completely shoulder the blame, but because I don't agree with everyone or have a different view,,,you and another poster is trying to say I am wrong for thinking what I am thinking? I am saying that the blame is ALL OVER not just Magic and him doing what he did as far as First Take....I reiterate I did not bat one eye how he did what he did. He called a snake and that's that!!!!!


hogball
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 114
votes: 3

Actually the Lakers is already ok doing about their business. The ones making mess is Magic which not connected with the team anymore and some media personalities who gives relevance to Magic and turned this spectacle into unrated hollywood drama.


Tempy
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12761
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif
votes: 51

lakerdudeinindy wrote:

Matter of fact why do you care about how I feel about Magic, anyway? That's why I have gone hard like this. I didn't agree with a few posts, but did not try to convince anyone to say Magic was great, I said that he wasn't good and should have not been President and should not completely shoulder the blame, but because I don't agree with everyone or have a different view,you and another poster is trying to say I am wrong for thinking what I am thinking? I am saying that the blame is ALL OVER not just Magic and him doing what he did as far as First Take....I reiterate I did not bat one eye how he did what he did. He called a snake and that's that!!!!!

Ultimately I don't care lol but we are on a discussion board and you posted a view, so I was just replying to that. No body is right and no body is wrong. Just opinions at the end of the day.

I agree with most of what you are saying I just don't think anyone is over reacting with what they have said about him. Hence why I was asking what pot shots.


lakerdudeinindy
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1426
votes: 15

Tempy wrote:
Ultimately I don't care lol but we are on a discussion board and you posted a view, so I was just replying to that. No body is right and no body is wrong. Just opinions at the end of the day.

I agree with most of what you are saying I just don't think anyone is over reacting with what they have said about him. Hence why I was asking what pot shots.

Ok....and you are right. Both of our opinions have value on here and at the end of the day, we all want the Lakers to do better and not have to go through this mess again.


FrankBecerra
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1452
Location: Staples Center
votes: 2

Ron told me that Magic was usually MIA around the office and when he did show he would come up with some weird ideas


gemfow
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12402
Location: Maryland
us.gif
votes: 181

JJCali wrote:
When did PJ get brought up? How is he pulling the strings?? Come one man. He’s placing blame by your response! He made these stupid Azz moves. Not Rambis is or Pelinka. You’re falling for his deception. IMO.

JJ, Even though I don't believe every single things the media brings up in regards to "sources", I've been reading quite a few things about Phil being an advisor to Jeannie. I also don't believe Jeannie when she said things like deferring to Magic. It just didn't make sense because she portrays like she had nothing to do with it but she did. When Magic tried to fire Pelinka (Kobe's dude) and Luke Walton, she pushed back which she can do given her position. Where I have problems with her is her being advised by proven bums. Rambis (bum), Phil Jackson (bum executive) and she is also being advised by Linda Rambis and the COO, Tim Harris. The best course of action was to hire a legit basketball president to run basketball operations with her having final say. This crap of being advised by people and trying to pick a coaching staff is ludicrous in my opinion.


lakerdudeinindy
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1426
votes: 15

gemfow wrote:
JJ, Even though I don't believe every single things the media brings up in regards to "sources", I've been reading quite a few things about Phil being an advisor to Jeannie. I also don't believe Jeannie when she said things like deferring to Magic. It just didn't make sense because she portrays like she had nothing to do with it but she did. When Magic tried to fire Pelinka (Kobe's dude) and Luke Walton, she pushed back which she can do given her position. Where I have problems with her is her being advised by proven bums. Rambis (bum), Phil Jackson (bum executive) and she is also being advised by Linda Rambis and the COO, Tim Harris. The best course of action was to hire a legit basketball president to run basketball operations with her having final say. This crap of being advised by people and trying to pick a coaching staff is ludicrous in my opinion.

Watch out Gem, don't want you falling under Magic's deception.....lol.


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8543

us.gif
votes: 22

I’m so tired of hearing people defend Magic. He went on First Take and campaigned for the job BEFORE Jim was even fired. And he said all along it would be full time for him. He said he had people in place to run his other businesses. So claiming “Buss knew what she was getting from Magic” is pure BS.

I will place blame on Jeannie for hiring the moron, however.


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8543

us.gif
votes: 22

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
Magic never forced himself on the lakers.

Jeannie was well aware of his other commitments and his time constraints, but still went ahead and used him for her own self vested interests. She played him and lied to him that he would have supreme powers to make bb decisions. She is the queen dragon, Khaleesi...the biggest player of them all. Rob is a bonafide snake who’s hated around the league by agents, execs and players. The only reason he was hired was because he was Kobe’s guy and would be a spy for Jeannie(and Kobe) and report everything Magic was doing. It’s only in lakerland that a fking thug like Rob gets glorified, whereas others around the league don’t even want to see his face, let alone take his call. His reputation is worse than the bum on Third st promenade, trying to steal empty recyclable plastic bottles.

Can’t believe the fanbase is turning against the most iconic and greatest laker of all time. Yes I had major issues with his basketball decisions, but don’t assassinate his character to protect the turd called Rob. Magic went and cleared his name cause none of these shameless lakers(Jeannie included) were stepping in to have his back.

Take these Motha fokas down Magic!! You are the only hope we have. How can we accept this garbage and pretend that everything is utopia? Expose these bastards and hopefully we will get to sell this mom and pop Yogurtland operation to a professional group.

Most iconic & greatest?? 😂😂😂


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8543

us.gif
votes: 22

lakerdudeinindy wrote:
Not worse, but he was bad. I guess, I need to go back and read my post. Did I say he shouldn't be held responsible? I just I am not going to sit by and let fans take dumb a** potshots at the guy. And I don't care about him going on First Take, he said what he said and that's it. He shouldn't have been President, but I am not going to get on the vilify the Magic train, like some have and from what I have been reading, most of the blame has been tossed on him, so I'm going to assume A LOT of ridiculous folks have been posting on here.

He was so much worse.


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8543

us.gif
votes: 22

Tempy wrote:
What potshots? What has been said here that wasn't exactly true? He let Randle walk, Let Lopez walk, traded DLO etc etc. We could even debate the LBJ move too.

He made lots of bad decisions, a lot of the blame should be tossed on him. Ditto for Jeanie.

Exactly. Almost all of his moves have been god awful. And I do place blame on Jeannie too. For hiring Magic. Wether is was out of stupidity or incompetence, that has been her worst move.


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8543

us.gif
votes: 22

gemfow wrote:
JJ, Even though I don't believe every single things the media brings up in regards to "sources", I've been reading quite a few things about Phil being an advisor to Jeannie. I also don't believe Jeannie when she said things like deferring to Magic. It just didn't make sense because she portrays like she had nothing to do with it but she did. When Magic tried to fire Pelinka (Kobe's dude) and Luke Walton, she pushed back which she can do given her position. Where I have problems with her is her being advised by proven bums. Rambis (bum), Phil Jackson (bum executive) and she is also being advised by Linda Rambis and the COO, Tim Harris. The best course of action was to hire a legit basketball president to run basketball operations with her having final say. This crap of being advised by people and trying to pick a coaching staff is ludicrous in my opinion.

Well, even Magic said whatever you read about him trying to fire Pelinka wasn’t true. So if velieve even less of what you’ve read.


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8543

us.gif
votes: 22

lakerdudeinindy wrote:
Watch out Gem, don't want you falling under Magic's deception.....lol.

GEM is too smart for that... lol.


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16585
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 70

JJCali wrote:
Most iconic & greatest?? 😂😂😂

My bad i meant the slithering, reptilian warlord. Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_06 wink Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_04


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16585
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 70

Kobe is the moron who got Jeannie to hire Pelinka. Kobe ruined the lakers during this last years and continues to do so as a proxy GM...until this very day.

I’m so tired of Kobe’s little minions defending him. 🤣


gemfow
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12402
Location: Maryland
us.gif
votes: 181

lakerdudeinindy wrote:
Watch out Gem, don't want you falling under Magic's deception.....lol.
oh no, Magic was absolutely terrible and needed to go. He did too many 180’s for me. When he was on firsttake before he got the job he talked of it being a new NBA and how player movement is harder and how the Lakers needed to develop their talent.

1st 180 - came in wanting cap space. Traded Russell, let Randle walk, kept trading for guys on expiring contracts and would let them walk or signed guys to one year deals.

2nd 180 - scrapped the development of youth strategy by getting Lebron and trying to trade every young guy for Davis which would have set this franchise back.

There is also the 180 of we don’t need no shooting to we need shooting.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14295
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 23

JJCali wrote:
Exactly. Almost all of his moves have been god awful. And I do place blame on Jeannie too. For hiring Magic. Wether is was out of stupidity or incompetence, that has been her worst move.

No, her worse move is yet to come , by still having idiots running FO. How long will losing go on until she hires a real GM. I'm almost ready to say they'll be lottery team next season. But I'll give these bums a chance in FA.


FrankBecerra
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1452
Location: Staples Center
votes: 2

This is going to be one crazy ride with Kidd and Pelinka stabbing each other in the back.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 19957
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

FrankBecerra wrote:
This is going to be one crazy ride with Kidd and Pelinka stabbing each other in the back.

Just like the Stepfather did in his series of movies.....lol.


lakerdudeinindy
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1426
votes: 15

JJCali wrote:
I’m so tired of hearing people defend Magic. He went on First Take and campaigned for the job BEFORE Jim was even fired. And he said all along it would be full time for him. He said he had people in place to run his other businesses. So claiming “Buss knew what she was getting from Magic” is pure BS.

I will place blame on Jeannie for hiring the moron, however.

Well as I told another poster...don't read my post then. I get tired of people making it all about Magic. He was horrible, should not have been hired. But somehow you missed blaming Pelinka, because he has signed off on a lot of Magic MESS. Anyway, done with this...

Waiting for a real GM to hopefully straighten up this mess.

LOL....I know it won't be soon.


lakerdudeinindy
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1426
votes: 15

gemfow wrote:
oh no, Magic was absolutely terrible and needed to go. He did too many 180’s for me. When he was on firsttake before he got the job he talked of it being a new NBA and how player movement is harder and how the Lakers needed to develop their talent.

1st 180 - came in wanting cap space. Traded Russell, let Randle walk, kept trading for guys on expiring contracts and would let them walk or signed guys to one year deals.

2nd 180 - scrapped the development of youth strategy by getting Lebron and trying to trade every young guy for Davis which would have set this franchise back.

There is also the 180 of we don’t need no shooting to we need shooting.

I was poking fun at another poster that acted like you can't have a differing opinion on this board.

Magic; if he WAS going to be hired at the time by Jeannie should have been well...not hired. Unofficial ambassador worked better. He recruits and stays out of the way.

Was Magic horrible at this? YES!!! Was it ALL on him? No. I don't respect sneaky people and if posters on here are so butt hurt about their favorite player being let go by Magic, but not realizing that that snake Rob let it happen also is funny to me. ALL of the FO sucked and still does.


lakerdudeinindy
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1426
votes: 15

kkennon1 wrote:
No, her worse move is yet to come , by still having idiots running FO. How long will losing go on until she hires a real GM. I'm almost ready to say they'll be lottery team next season. But I'll give these bums a chance in FA.

Exactly. Magic's not here and as big of a fan I am of him....dude sucked. Pelinka is worse, because he plotted to overtake a guy that made bad moves and Jeannie just smiled and waved. Now, we got The Rambis, Tim Harris AND maybe PJ making shadow decisions?

I'm with you, waiting nervously to see what happens next.


FrankBecerra
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1452
Location: Staples Center
votes: 2

While talking with Jeannie today I learned that she is really a good businesswoman. She’s mad at herself for believeing in some affiliates but said the ship is coarse correcting and these problems will get resolved. She promised to get LebRon the type of help he needs to finish next session strong. She will also review the trade options and free Agency like a hawk in order to get the Lakes back on top.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14295
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 23

Just when you think it can't get any worse, it does.


lakerdudeinindy
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1426
votes: 15

kkennon1 wrote:
Just when you think it can't get any worse, it does.

OMG, I know. Magic bullying, Pelinka lying!!!! Jay Williams called it " The Kardashians of the NBA" Pelinka needs to go and the FO should be have an old priest and a young priest visit REAL soon. This regime has been almost as worse as Jim and Mitch and THAT'S BAD!!!!


Options Quick Reply: RE: Magic Says Rob Pelinka Was Backstabbing Him on First Take
register
You are an anonymous user- or .
Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
Notify me when a reply is posted
Don't Check Spelling
Note: Twitter & Youtube BBCODE Tags are no longer necessary. The system will automatically convert links to tweets & youtube videos.
   
 
Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home
Post new topic   Reply to topic
register
You are an anonymous user- Register now or Log in Now!


Add our Los Angeles Lakers Blog RSS Feed, the Lakers Rumors RSS Feed, the Lakers News RSS feed, and the Lakers Forum RSS feed to get the latest Laker News and Rumors and Lakers Game info in your RSS/XML reader!