Random Playoff Thoughts (P. 2)

Lakers News Surge Forum/Message Board » Lakers News
Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Search This Topic:
 
gemfow
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12402
Location: Maryland
us.gif
votes: 181

BaadMaster wrote:
Memo to Lakers mgmt, whoever they are: Steph Curry is 31 and he isn't half the player he was just a few years ago. Father Time is undefeated, and anytime you sign an athlete at over 30 you do so at your peril.

In this NBA, with the speed and hops everyone has, you can age in the blink of an eye.

Lakers: Please do not sign even a superstar over the age of 27.

Steph is injured but GS is about to find out that if they lose KD in free agency, they may not win a championship again. KD is an all time great akready and he’s a force. People stupidly don’t give him his credit because they want to point how to GS one a ring and then 73 games before he got there but he’s there best player. KD has proven that in the playoffs each year he’s been in GS.


BaadMaster
LNS HOF Bronze
 Avatar
Posts: 8549
votes: 98

gemfow wrote:
Steph is injured but GS is about to find out that if they lose KD in free agency, they may not win a championship again. KD is an all time great akready and he’s a force. People stupidly don’t give him his credit because they want to point how to GS one a ring and then 73 games before he got there but he’s there best player. KD has proven that in the playoffs each year he’s been in GS.

Even if Steph is injured, the fact remains that injuries happen more often after 30 and healing time is longer. This is irrefutable.

But, even though I fell for the hype (I was excited when we signed LeBron), the fact remains that signing anyone to a four year contract at 34 is insanity. I though we had leared that lesson when we signed Steve Nash.

But you are right, KD is unbelievable.


gemfow
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12402
Location: Maryland
us.gif
votes: 181

BaadMaster wrote:
Even if Steph is injured, the fact remains that injuries happen more often after 30 and healing time is longer. This is irrefutable.

But, even though I fell for the hype (I was excited when we signed LeBron), the fact remains that signing anyone to a four year contract at 34 is insanity. I though we had leared that lesson when we signed Steve Nash.

But you are right, KD is unbelievable.

My response was regarding you saying he’s not half the player he was a few years ago. He still is imo but he and Klay are both injured. I’m not disputing the age taking a toll but he had one of his best seasons this year but unfortunately, he was injured and I believe it has taken a toll.


BaadMaster
LNS HOF Bronze
 Avatar
Posts: 8549
votes: 98

gemfow wrote:
My response was regarding you saying he’s not half the player he was a few years ago. He still is imo but he and Klay are both injured. I’m not disputing the age taking a toll but he had one of his best seasons this year but unfortunately, he was injured and I believe it has taken a toll.

And why was Steph injured? One can never know with certainty, but I think age slows you down, so injuries you might dodge at 28 hit you at 31. Believe me, when LeBron was injured, he used his past history and claimed he would be back shortly. But he took forever to heal.

Based on age alone, I would never have gotten rid of Julius Randle. In fact, seeing how things worked out, I would rather have Julius and Zubac than LeBron.

The fact that Lakers management even TALKED to Old Man Carmelo is depressing.

Those are the sad facts, Jack. Age isn't everything, it's the only thing!


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14295
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 23

BaadMaster wrote:
And why was Steph injured? One can never know with certainty, but I think age slows you down, so injuries you might dodge at 28 hit you at 31. Believe me, when LeBron was injured, he used his past history and claimed he would be back shortly. But he took forever to heal.

Based on age alone, I would never have gotten rid of Julius Randle. In fact, seeing how things worked out, I would rather have Julius and Zubac than LeBron.

The fact that Lakers management even TALKED to Old Man Carmelo is depressing.

Those are the sad facts, Jack. Age isn't everything, it's the only thing!

Would rather have Lebron and Randle , Zu as a backup still think they need a upgrade at 5.

Unfortunately even if they had Randle they'd still go chasing the big fish and likely use him in a trade to get a top player ( AD).


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 19960
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

BOS looking like they bout to be down 3-1...…..


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 19960
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

Giannis is really stepping up....along with his supporting cast as well.


BaadMaster
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8549
votes: 98

The refs really worked their asses off to help Houston win. BUT IT DIDN'T WORK!!!


Axle
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14942
Location: Axle
votes: 71

The reason why I do not like the Rockets is because two of their players get away with m*rd*r. The bearded one runs right into the defender or throws his body towards the defender as soon as he releases the ball or he will plow right into the defenders chest and still he gets all those calls living on the free throw line. And CP3 is a flopper worse then Vlade Divac used to be. He throws his little fat legs out to create contact. He constantly is grabbing for the ball and does not just get all ball, but hits the player on the arm and does not get a foul against him.

They are both good players and they should not have to do all those dirty tricks to be successful. Last nights game when CP3 and Green tackled each other and both went down. When Green was getting up and accidentally touched CP3 on the head, he acted like if somebody had shot him on the head rolling the floor like a wounded person. As soon as he sold it to the ref's he was OK then and took off running. Ref's giving Green a tech.

But IF Durant did tear his achilles, and with Cousins out, it will be tough to repeat this season. Curry was playing terrible until Durant went out, then he stopped acting like a clown and got serious about the game. Him and Klay need to step up their game.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 19960
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

Dang it I was really looking forward to a BOS/GSW finals. Oh well. Still an interesting playoffs though.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 19960
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

I knew GSW was going to closeout HOU. CP3 and Harden won't live this one down since all the talk last year was if only they had CP3. Well they had him with no KD and the Splash Brothers brought a can of whoop a$$…..lol. Draymond and Looney played well too.


BaadMaster
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8549
votes: 98

userpete1037 wrote:
I knew GSW was going to closeout HOU. CP3 and Harden won't live this one down since all the talk last year was if only they had CP3. Well they had him with no KD and the Splash Brothers brought a can of whoop a$$…..lol. Draymond and Looney played well too.

The refs did their part. Three quick fouls on Steph resulted in ZERO first half points. But the refs forgot to hobble Klay who went for 21 first half points.

And Harden, THE CHOKE ARTISTE, missed five of eleven free throws.

Steph did the rest -- 33 points in the secod half!


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16589
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 70

Cp3 and Beardo....regular season studs but playoff bums. These bums will never win anything now. This was the perfect storm but they went into skunk mode. And let’s not forget the clueless d’anus. Lol.


TimmyDoe
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1571
votes: 22

Axle wrote:
The reason why I do not like the Rockets is because two of their players get away with m*rd*r. The bearded one runs right into the defender or throws his body towards the defender as soon as he releases the ball or he will plow right into the defenders chest and still he gets all those calls living on the free throw line. And CP3 is a flopper worse then Vlade Divac used to be. He throws his little fat legs out to create contact. He constantly is grabbing for the ball and does not just get all ball, but hits the player on the arm and does not get a foul against him.

They are both good players and they should not have to do all those dirty tricks to be successful. Last nights game when CP3 and Green tackled each other and both went down. When Green was getting up and accidentally touched CP3 on the head, he acted like if somebody had shot him on the head rolling the floor like a wounded person. As soon as he sold it to the ref's he was OK then and took off running. Ref's giving Green a tech.

But IF Durant did tear his achilles, and with Cousins out, it will be tough to repeat this season. Curry was playing terrible until Durant went out, then he stopped acting like a clown and got serious about the game. Him and Klay need to step up their game.

I dislike Houston similarly but not because the refs bail them out, it’s because they depend on the refs to win. If they lose it’s always because “the refs didn’t give us a fair chance”. Initially I would have loved to see Houston win years ago when they were still underdogs, but nowadays they don’t win and it’s all because of reffing. Cheating the game should not be awarded.

I think there’s an abundance of people who actually believe troll memes and posts saying the warriors needs five all stars to win when they forget the warriors didn’t have KD or cousins in 2015 and 2016. People can argue they were better than Cleveland as well in 2016 but got too comfortable, they did go 73-9 (albeit the league was a little weak at the time). These Warriors know full well they don’t need KD or DMC to win, KD went down and Splash bros’ numbers were called and they responded. I’m a Lakers fan through and through but the Warriors are such an anomaly of a team that it should be appreciated.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 19960
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
Cp3 and Beardo....regular season studs but playoff bums. These bums will never win anything now. This was the perfect storm but they went into skunk mode. And let’s not forget the clueless d’anus. Lol.

LMAO....D'Anus, Rick Adelman and Dunleavy drink the same Kool-Aid!!!!


hardlakerfan
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 63
votes: 0

Man if the Lakers have any chance they should sign Kawhi Leonard in a heart beat. I think he is the best amongst all the top tier free agents and he is only 27. He has the ability to carry his in his shoulders on his and he is only player that has the heart of Kobe Bryant champion.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 19960
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

Kawhi was amazing and Denver well I guess they still the same ol Nuggets....lol. Looking forward to seeing these matchups.


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16589
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 70

Bucks rally behind Lopez’s (lights out)long distance shooting.

Feel like doing this to the jackazzes who let Lopez walk for virtually nothing.


BaadMaster
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8549
votes: 98

I'll say it now and I will say it again: Zion is a shorter version of Julius Randle. Same game, lefties, bully-ballers. And we let him go for nothing!


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14295
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 23

BaadMaster wrote:
I'll say it now and I will say it again: Zion is a shorter version of Julius Randle. Same game, lefties, bully-ballers. And we let him go for nothing!

Zion better shooter than Randle was in college, and way better defensively. Athletically on another level. Other than that ,yeah they're close .lol

Speaking of Randle ,he can opt out, wonder if he would consider coming back?

Would try to bring back Brook Lopez too. Don't know why they didn't resign him to begin with.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 19960
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

Kawhi simply ran out of gas. His minutes were managed poorly by Nurse.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 19960
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

kkennon1 wrote:
Zion better shooter than Randle was in college, and way better defensively. Athletically on another level. Other than that ,yeah they're close .lol

Speaking of Randle ,he can opt out, wonder if he would consider coming back?

Would try to bring back Brook Lopez too. Don't know why they didn't resign him to begin with.

I could see Randle coming back to the Lakers only because I don't think we're going to land a big fish like Kawhi, etc. Well I guess AD is a possibility.......


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14295
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 23

userpete1037 wrote:
I could see Randle coming back to the Lakers only because I don't think we're going to land a big fish like Kawhi, etc. Well I guess AD is a possibility.......

Hope so, just don't know if they've burned their bridges with Randle's agent. With the way they treated him and Dlo.

Think AD is less and less a possibility each day, just don't think Pels want him in West , and especially not with Lakers.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 19960
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

kkennon1 wrote:
Hope so, just don't know if they've burned their bridges with Randle's agent. With the way they treated him and Dlo.

Think AD is less and less a possibility each day, just don't think Pels want him in West , and especially not with Lakers.

Yeah I can't argue with you there.


BaadMaster
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8549
votes: 98

kkennon1 wrote:
Zion better shooter than Randle was in college, and way better defensively. Athletically on another level. Other than that ,yeah they're close lol ...

But Randle is putting up numbers against grown NBA men, Zion was dominating kids, most of whom will never be in the NBA. Big difference. At 6'7" wouldn't you say Zion is undersized for his position?

What usually happens is the big cheese in the draft does not become a superstar. The Greek Freek went #13 and Kawhi #15. The Lakers have a good chance in this draft at #4!


lakerdudeinindy
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1426
votes: 15

BaadMaster wrote:
But Randle is putting up numbers against grown NBA men, Zion was dominating kids, most of whom will never be in the NBA. Big difference. At 6'7" wouldn't you say Zion is undersized for his position?

What usually happens is the big cheese in the draft does not become a superstar. The Greek Freek went #13 and Kawhi #15. The Lakers have a good chance in this draft at #4!

The same things were said about Randle. Undersized, short arms, can't shoot ( Well...he's improved some.) Zion is going to do great. I do agree that the Lakers can do well with this pick though.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 19960
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

Draymond is a freaking floor general...….wow.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 19960
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

Iggy strikes again.....


Tempy
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12761
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif
votes: 51

Off topic but I just started watching these. This one is hilarious.

https://gameofzones.bleacherreport.com/ ... -episode-0


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8543

us.gif
votes: 22


Repped High Quality Post

Axle wrote:
Sorry to read that some forum members are not really basket ball fans. All they know is the Lakers LOL. I am not like that at all. I enjoy the sport for what it is, not a home boy like some. I hate the Rockets and I hope they get eliminated in four. I just do not like Chris Pauls game and the Bearded player (Harden). I do not like all the flopping they do just to get to the line. Little short legged CP3 kicks his legs out to create a foul and Harden seems to get a stroke when somebody gets close to him, falls right over and the bad thing is that the ref's usually will give him the call.

I notice that lots of people want the Warriors to lose because they have won so many championships, but you got to give credit where credit is due and that team plays unselfish basketball and share the ball. I like that kind of team work and I enjoy watching them.

I believe in the finals the two teams that will compete against each other will be the Warriors and the Raptors. I do not believe the Celtics are good enough to beat the Raptors. Kawhi has that team playing at a high level. And on the Warrior team, Durant is just spectacular.

This thing of just being a Laker fan and not watch other teams is the most ridiculous thing I ever heard. Don't be a poor loser, enjoy the sport.

What a lame post. We’re not fans if we mostly just watch our team? That’s ridiculous. Someone could make a ridiculous argument that you’re not as much of a Lakers fans for watching everyone else. See how that works.


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8543

us.gif
votes: 22


Repped High Quality Post

Axle wrote:
Well KKennon! All I can say is you really are not a basketball fan. So all you like to see are the Lakers? You are one strange dude, that is all I can say.

I like the Lakers, but they are not my whole life. They are just a franchise that I have watched since the Magic, and Kareem days, but I am sure as hell not in love with them. If they screw up, I let everybody know how I feel about what is wrong with the organization. I am not infatuated with the team like you are KK.

I even enjoyed watching the Celtics get their azz kicked yesterday. Great game, You are missing out on some good games being played this season.

So I guess you are out fishing with the Laker team. LMAO!

Your posts are getting worse as time goes on.


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8543

us.gif
votes: 22

Kk is right. The nba has had some good games this postseason, but in general it was a hard watch this year. It’s like watching a three point contest but for 2 1/2 hours. Not what it used to be.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 19960
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

Bout to be a sweep. GSW too good for Portland.


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8543

us.gif
votes: 22

Curry has been the best player in the league since his first MVP. He’s sacrificed a lot of personal glory to have Durant on the team.


BaadMaster
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8549
votes: 98

Listen, I am a fan of greatness. I like opera, hip-hop, rock, classical -- but only the best. Same with basketball.

I would be an idiot not to watch arguably the greatest NBA team of all time -- The Warriors -- play. That does not mean I am not a Lakers fan.

I live in Cali. I want Cali teams to do well. If not the Lakers, then I want the Warriors to win.

As I said many times, I am not PAID to be a fan. I am a free agent.

I am first and foremost a Lakers fan. But, now that they are not in it, I want the Warriors to win it all.

And if any of you have a problem with that, you can KMA.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 19960
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

The Raptors scratched and clawed their way to that victory. It seemed like bodies were dropping left and right.


BaadMaster
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8549
votes: 98

userpete1037 wrote:
The Raptors scratched and clawed their way to that victory. It seemed like bodies were dropping left and right.

Too bad Dr. Buss is not around. There is no doubt in my mind he would have gotten Kawhi for us.


TimmyDoe
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1571
votes: 22

Got someone out here representing after Warriors-Blazers. Lol. Took the photo from my iPhone. Not sure why it turned out sideways.


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16589
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 70


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 19960
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

Not looking good for the Greek Freak. KL playing championship ball.


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8543

us.gif
votes: 22

Down 2 games to 0

Reporter: Kawhi, where do you go from here?

Kawhi: Toronto.

😂😂😂


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 19960
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

JJCali wrote:
Down 2 games to 0

Reporter: Kawhi, where do you go from here?

Kawhi: Toronto.

😂😂😂

Yeah that was classic.....lol.


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Gold
 Avatar
Posts: 16589
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 70


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 19960
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:

He's been exposed. Better learn how to shoot with some fluidity.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 19960
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

Mike Budenholzer has that Atlanta Hawks look on his face.....lol.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 19960
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

KD should've never been in the game period.


Axle
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14942
Location: Axle
votes: 71

I really believe that the only reason why the Warriors won is because when Durant got injured a lot of the fans were cheering because Durant had gone down and they were assured of a win then. It just motivated the Warrior team to try harder in the last few minutes when the Raptors were almost positive they had the game in the bag.

To me it is cold blooded to cheer when a player goes down on any team. That could be the end of their career in some cases. Poor sportsmanship!


BaadMaster
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8549
votes: 98

Too bad Kerr didn't use the old Knick playbook from basketball's jurassic period: Back in the day, legend has it that Willis Reed, their big gun, was injured. But he started, the crowd went wild, he scored his first two shots, left the game for good and the inspired Knicks took it from there.

After his first two threes, they should have taken Kevin out. It worked then, it would have worked now.

I feel bad for KD.

As to the Lakers, for us to have any shot at Kawhi, Toronto has got to lose.


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16589
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 70

userpete1037 wrote:
KD should've never been in the game period.

There are reports that some warrior players were questioning his heart and will. Smh. The crocodile tears by Bob Myers was something else. Lol.


Axle
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14942
Location: Axle
votes: 71

Nobody forced Durant to go out and play. When all the doctors gave him the green light, he and only him wanted to go out and join the team. He will probably remain a Warrior now for many years as he will be rewarded with a new contract.

Like most team doctors have said, they would not want a athlete to go out and re-injure themselves just for a game. An injury could end his career.

So it was Durant's own fault, he thought he was fine to play, and he also realizes it is part of playing professional basketball.


Options Quick Reply: RE: Random Playoff Thoughts
register
You are an anonymous user- or .
Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
Notify me when a reply is posted
Don't Check Spelling
Note: Twitter & Youtube BBCODE Tags are no longer necessary. The system will automatically convert links to tweets & youtube videos.
   
 
Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home
Post new topic   Reply to topic
register
You are an anonymous user- Register now or Log in Now!


Add our Los Angeles Lakers Blog RSS Feed, the Lakers Rumors RSS Feed, the Lakers News RSS feed, and the Lakers Forum RSS feed to get the latest Laker News and Rumors and Lakers Game info in your RSS/XML reader!