Official Lakers Offseason Moves Watch... (P. 2)

Lakers News Surge Forum/Message Board » Lakers News
Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Search This Topic:
 
Shepherd
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 10687

ez.gif
votes: 54

But...unlikely as it would seem to be, what IF we won the lottery? I could happen, tho the odds are low. Still...interesting scenario...

https://soaringdownsouth.com/2019/05/04 ... ks-lakers/


Shepherd
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 10687

ez.gif
votes: 54
Not sure I agree. I've never been a Brandon fanboy. But this guy thinks so. What do you guys think? Brandon Ingram’s superstar potential Finding a top-20 talent in the draft might be the single most important factor in winning a championship in the NBA. Here are the last ten NBA champions: 2018: Golden State Warriors, they drafted Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson 2017: Golden State Warriors, they drafted Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson 2016: Cleveland Cavaliers, they drafted LeBron James 2015: Golden State Warriors, they drafted Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson 2014: San Antonio Spurs, they drafted Kawhi Leonard and Tim Duncan 2013: Miami Heat, they drafted Dwayne Wade 2012: Miami Heat, they drafted Dwayne Wade 2011: Dallas Mavericks, they drafted Dirk Nowitzki 2010: Los Angeles Lakers: they drafted Kobe Bryant 2009: Los Angeles Lakers: they drafted Kobe Bryant When a team drafts a superstar, it essentially means that they’re going to have control of that top-20 player for at least the next seven years, because no player turns down a max-extension coming off their rookie contract. That gives the lucky team almost a full decade to build a quality roster around their superstar, and that’s what it takes to win at the highest level in the NBA. This fact is why the Atlanta Hawks and Dallas Mavericks are so excited right now. Both teams might have found superstars in Trae Young and Luka Doncic. Those two players could help propel their teams into championship contention. Should Lakers fans also feel enthusiastic about Brandon Ingram? Can he turn into a top-20 player? Yes, he can. After the All-Star break, Brandon Ingram gave a glimpse of what type of player he can become. He averaged 28 PPG, 8 RPG, and 3 APG while shooting 53% from deep. Those numbers are impressive, but it’s his mindset that should have Lakers fans giggling for joy. During the early stages of the....


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13945
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 21

Think if BI can get stronger and stay healthy, he'll have a shot at top list, don't know about top 10 , but wouldn't surprise me if he gets in top 25. As far as AD everyone of those players he listed have a star on team with them ,or a well built team around them, something AD has never had yet.


TimmyDoe
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1526
votes: 20

kkennon1 wrote:
Think if BI can get stronger and stay healthy, he'll have a shot at top list, don't know about top 10 , but wouldn't surprise me if he gets in top 25. As far as AD everyone of those players he listed have a star on team with them ,or a well built team around them, something AD has never had yet.

If he’s gets stronger and stays healthy I see him definitely being top 10. He’s a frail framed 21 year old who was the only guy not affected by trade rumors and dominated post all star break. His shot isn’t as bad as his percentages suggests, his confidence and maturity can only get better. I was very wrong about him early in the year.


LAKERCOURT
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 142
Location: Indiana
us.gif
votes: 1

Man I would love to have AD on our team!!


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13945
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 21

LAKERCOURT wrote:
Man I would love to have AD on our team!!

FA predictions hope it's not this bad.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/283 ... y-nba-team


Shepherd
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 10687

ez.gif
votes: 54
kkennon1 wrote:
FA predictions hope it's not this bad. https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2833394-1-free-agency-prediction-f or-every-nba-team
Most of that looks pretty possible to me. But of course it's impossible to read player's minds. So a few surprises may await. But in P&G, as I've been saying, I expect a long dry summer, just like the weather. And the team will justify it by saying hey we had a lot of injuries last season. Without them and some luck we can hit the playoffs. But with other FA coming to the west (Kemba et al), it won't be a long run and we'll get embarrassed in the first round....


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13945
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 21

Well at least we have a 5% chance at Kyrie.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/26738362 via @ESPN App http://es.pn/app


Priester_bad_user
NewsSurge Newbie
Posts: 41
Location: Nigeria
votes: 1

Let’s just draft Jarrett Culver. Forget about AD. Sign Cousins in FA if he is available or go get Vucevic. Ship out Lonzo and bring in kyrie via FA. I wish we took FOX that year. ☹️


Priester_bad_user
NewsSurge Newbie
Posts: 41
Location: Nigeria
votes: 1

Culver already has the turn around jumper/fadeaway that was the Mamba’s bread and butter. Give him some time with trainers to get more advanced footwork


TimmyDoe
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1526
votes: 20

Priester_bad_user wrote:
Let’s just draft Jarrett Culver. Forget about AD. Sign Cousins in FA if he is available or go get Vucevic. Ship out Lonzo and bring in kyrie via FA. I wish we took FOX that year. ☹️

If Zo stays healthy he’s more valuable on the court than many guards who are considered better. He’d easily be more valuable than Fox for sure (what can Fox do better exactly? He gets empty stats. Zo was one of few things that kept our offense afloat especially after bron went down). I say if it’s not for Giannis, AD, Kawhi, etc. keep him for a couple more years. Curry started out his career hurting his ankle every other game as a junior coming out of school. Now he’s an all time great. It annoys me to see “fans of the game” jump the gun on youngsters so often. Especially as Laker fans, we’ve let go of enough talent to build another strong playoff team in the past 5-6 years. You’d think we’d learn our lesson.


Priester_bad_user
NewsSurge Newbie
Posts: 41
Location: Nigeria
votes: 1

The narrative on fox 🦊 and ball 🏀 coming out of college was, ball can shoot and fox can’t. How is that now?


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13945
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 21

Priester_bad_user wrote:
The narrative on fox 🦊 and ball 🏀 coming out of college was, ball can shoot and fox can’t. How is that now?

Zo hasn't had a chance to work on his game in off-season since he came into league ( injuries). Let's see what happens when he has a healthy off-season. On this team or another.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 19786
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

Priester_bad_user wrote:
The narrative on fox 🦊 and ball 🏀 coming out of college was, ball can shoot and fox can’t. How is that now?

Overall neither still can shoot technically.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13945
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 21

Lol, just heard on espn, Pels owner told staff!!! AD to Lakers, over her dead body.

Is she passing soon? Lmao


lakerdudeinindy
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1345
votes: 14

TimmyDoe wrote:
If Zo stays healthy he’s more valuable on the court than many guards who are considered better. He’d easily be more valuable than Fox for sure (what can Fox do better exactly? He gets empty stats. Zo was one of few things that kept our offense afloat especially after bron went down). I say if it’s not for Giannis, AD, Kawhi, etc. keep him for a couple more years. Curry started out his career hurting his ankle every other game as a junior coming out of school. Now he’s an all time great. It annoys me to see “fans of the game” jump the gun on youngsters so often. Especially as Laker fans, we’ve let go of enough talent to build another strong playoff team in the past 5-6 years. You’d think we’d learn our lesson.

I agree, Lakers fans and the FO seem to dislike younger players....well until they develop elsewhere. For once, despite of the false narrative Lebron gives about winning a championship here, I want to see us develop SOMETHING. Let the players grow, I really would like to see us not do our usual, get big name players, have no one to groom, watch the Lakers fall off for x amount of years and be thirsty over free-agents that WON'T come here, because they don't see basketball continuity.


lakerdudeinindy
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1345
votes: 14

Hmmm....

Bradley Beal on Lakers' radar?

The Lakers have other players they’re targeting in trades, according to league sources. Chief among them is Wizards guard Bradley Beal, though with the Wizards not yet hiring a front office honcho, no decision has been made whether to trade Beal. But LA will be in position to make an attractive offer if Beal is put on the block.

There’s also interest in point guard Kyle Lowry, who could be available if the Raptors lose Kawhi Leonard in free agency. Because of Lowry’s age (33) and contract ($33 million for next season), the Lakers could bring him in for a relatively limited outgoing package. Another guy who, according to sources, the Lakers have an interest in is big man Derrick Favors. The Jazz have a team option on Favors that must be exercised by July 6 or he will be a free agent. �" via Sporting News


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 19786
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

^^^

I'd take Beal. Hard pass on Lowry for me personally.


suntzu619
Laker GM
Posts: 2559
votes: 6

kkennon1 wrote:
Lol, just heard on espn, Pels owner told staff!!! AD to Lakers, over her dead body.

Is she passing soon? Lmao

Just read she pretty much denied saying that.

https://hoopshype.com/rumor/1259059/


Tempy
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12647
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif
votes: 50

Well we can scratch Tyreke Evans off any lists lol


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 19786
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

Lakers not hiring anybody to replace Magic. I knew it!!!!!!…..lmao.


FrankBecerra
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1429
Location: Staples Center
votes: 1

Rob is just like Kidd, stab you when your not looking and then he takes your job


lakerdudeinindy
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1345
votes: 14

userpete1037 wrote:
^^^

I'd take Beal. Hard pass on Lowry for me personally.

Agreed. He doesn't do well in the playoffs and we already have a point guard, but Beal AND Favors is intriguing.


lakerdudeinindy
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1345
votes: 14

FrankBecerra wrote:
Rob is just like Kidd, stab you when your not looking and then he takes your job

Rob Lowe lite is worse to me. He seems like he will smile AT you while he is maneuvering the knife in your back.


hogball
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 98
votes: 2


Repped High Quality Post

Trade LBJ. The Lakers should stop planning of adding star to help LBJ clinch championship. The FO should stop dreaming, at 35, this aging superstar is just 65-70% of his old self. Beside his body has taken so much stress because of his high intensity and high impact playing in his younger days. He will be prone to injuries already and at his age these injuries will take time to heal.

The FO should cut its losses and trade this aging superstar and instead save the highly talented young core which will give a brighter future.


Tempy
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12647
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif
votes: 50

hogball wrote:
Trade LBJ. The Lakers should stop planning of adding star to help LBJ clinch championship. The FO should stop dreaming, at 35, this aging superstar is just 65-70% of his old self. Beside his body has taken so much stress because of his high intensity and high impact playing in his younger days. He will be prone to injuries already and at his age these injuries will take time to heal.

The FO should cut its losses and trade this aging superstar and instead save the highly talented young core which will give a brighter future.

He isn't 35 why are people constantly harping on about him being 35. He is 34. Yes he is high mileage but what would you expect to get back in a trade? The franchise is stuck with him.


Shepherd
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 10687

ez.gif
votes: 54

Anyone who has been saying that Tyreke Evens might be a good get. Not so much...he's now been kicked out of the NBA due to drug charges, for 2 years. Done...

https://deadspin.com/tyreke-evans-kicke ... 1834853906


Shepherd
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 10687

ez.gif
votes: 54

+1 on Beale/Favors. At least Beale. Pass on Lowry. He disappears in big moments. And is too expensive.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13945
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 21

Tempy wrote:
He isn't 35 why are people constantly harping on about him being 35. He is 34. Yes he is high mileage but what would you expect to get back in a trade? The franchise is stuck with him.

Personally I keep saying 35 , because that's what he'll be near start of next season. Agree , not going to get back that much, but while coming up on 35 ,he just had one of his best seasons stat wise.

Still think if not for so many injuries and the AD mess, this team would have made playoffs easily.


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8385

us.gif
votes: 21

Tempy wrote:
He isn't 35 why are people constantly harping on about him being 35. He is 34. Yes he is high mileage but what would you expect to get back in a trade? The franchise is stuck with him.

It’s because he turn 35 at the start of the season


Tempy
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12647
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif
votes: 50

kkennon1 wrote:
Personally I keep saying 35 , because that's what he'll be near start of next season. Agree , not going to get back that much, but while coming up on 35 ,he just had one of his best seasons stat wise.

Still think if not for so many injuries and the AD mess, this team would have made playoffs easily.

It's not his birthday till the end of December almost half way through the season. No one was talking about AD being 26 in trade talks even though his birthday was a few weeks after the trade deadline. It's pushing a misleading narrative.

Yes he is high mileage but he has also never had this much rest in an off season for a long time, which could be hugely beneficial next year.


Tempy
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12647
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif
votes: 50

JJCali wrote:
It’s because he turn 35 at the start of the season
the season starts late October his birthday is 30th of December. It's closer to half way through the season than the beginning.


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8385

us.gif
votes: 21

Let’s Trade James to the Clippers for Zubac, L. Williams and Patrick Beverly. Then sign D. Russell & J. Randle as free agents. That with the 4th pick is a great offseason!


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8385

us.gif
votes: 21

Tempy wrote:
the season starts late October his birthday is 30th of December. It's closer to half way through the season than the beginning.

The season starts late October, and his birthday is in December? That’s pretty early on in the season.


Tempy
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12647
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif
votes: 50

JJCali wrote:
The season starts late October, and his birthday is in December? That’s pretty early on in the season.

So quite literally not the beginning of the season then? This past season, 30th December, was the Lakers 37th game. May as well just say he is 36 lol


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8385

us.gif
votes: 21

Tempy wrote:
So quite literally not the beginning of the season then? This past season, 30th December, was the Lakers 37th game. May as well just say he is 36 lol

You & Axle should turn this into an argument. Thank you for pointing out semantics, Tempy.

The NBA season started October 18th and will finish around mid-June. If you don’t want to refer to December as the beginning of the season, fine. I don’t care. Clearly most of us do. Was just answering your question.


Tempy
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12647
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif
votes: 50

JJCali wrote:
You & Axle should turn this into an argument. Thank you for pointing out semantics, Tempy.

The NBA season started October 18th and will finish around mid-June. If you don’t want to refer to December as the beginning of the season, fine. I don’t care. Clearly most of us do. Was just answering your question.

Again, by December 30th the day of his birthday, the Lakers had played their 37th game of the season. It's not semantics at all. Teams are only guaranteed 82 games so why are you saying mid June? 2 teams play until mid june.

No one is adding a year to Ingram, Ball or Randle whenever they mention their age even though their birthdays are well before LBJ's.

Everyone says Kwahi would be great signing he is only 27. (28 in June), y'all just make rules up as you go.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13945
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 21

Tempy wrote:
It's not his birthday till the end of December almost half way through the season. No one was talking about AD being 26 in trade talks even though his birthday was a few weeks after the trade deadline. It's pushing a misleading narrative.

Yes he is high mileage but he has also never had this much rest in an off season for a long time, which could be hugely beneficial next year.

Big difference between earlier and mid twenties, than mid thirties in basketball years, But I get your point. So he'll be 34 in 1st half of season. Lol

I don't really care about his age, he's proven that at 34 , he's still better than 95% of the league. Will be interesting to see if FA's feel the same way.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13945
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 21

Like that Pels and Wiz trade, Pels one not going to happen, but if it did, they'd be talking about it for years. Lol

http://lakeshowlife.com/2019/05/19/los- ... scenarios/


Tempy
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12647
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif
votes: 50

kkennon1 wrote:
Big difference between earlier and mid twenties, than mid thirties in basketball years, But I get your point. So he'll be 34 in 1st half of season. Lol

I don't really care about his age, he's proven that at 34 , he's still better than 95% of the league. Will be interesting to see if FA's feel the same way.

The difference is people want use to low the age and push the narrative of young and has potential, the other narrative being old and washed up to try back up their point. Both are misleading. No one is ever going to dispute that LBJ is high mileage, I said that when they signed him but he can still produce more nights than he can not.

Most people around here didn't want to hear about the dangers of signing LBJ last season, everyone was claiming 50+ wins and Western conference finals. Now they have all crawled back into the woodwork or want LBJ traded. It's no wonder young players find it hard to develop in LA.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13945
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 21

Tempy wrote:
The difference is people want use to low the age and push the narrative of young and has potential, the other narrative being old and washed up to try back up their point. Both are misleading. No one is ever going to dispute that LBJ is high mileage, I said that when they signed him but he can still produce more nights than he can not.

Most people around here didn't want to hear about the dangers of signing LBJ last season, everyone was claiming 50+ wins and Western conference finals. Now they have all crawled back into the woodwork or want LBJ traded. It's no wonder young players find it hard to develop in LA.

I'd trade him if they can't get anyone to play with him. The way this so called FO likes doing 1 yr contracts, they probably won't even get 2 tier shooters to come. If they do get players to buy in and come, than never mind.


Shepherd
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 10687

ez.gif
votes: 54

JJCali wrote:
Let’s Trade James to the Clippers for Zubac, L. Williams and Patrick Beverly. Then sign D. Russell & J. Randle as free agents. That with the 4th pick is a great offseason!

LOL....talk about getting the band back together hahahaa...


Shepherd
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 10687

ez.gif
votes: 54

kkennon1 wrote:
Like that Pels and Wiz trade, Pels one not going to happen, but if it did, they'd be talking about it for years. Lol

http://lakeshowlife.com/2019/05/19/los- ... scenarios/

All good trades. The 2nd one to me is the most woody inducing.


hogball
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 98
votes: 2

Nobody has ever defeated FATHER TIME. Talking of LBJs stats last season, it was computed based on the minutes he played not on whole seasons minutes therefore its highly deceiving. This living legend will have only spurts of his old playing self but he cannot consistently sustain it the whole season. He's old, the team should move on, he's had his glory days and now its's time for the young players to hit the limelight.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13945
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 21

Really hoping Pels coach has no say in AD trade, because there goes the whole core.


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8385

us.gif
votes: 21

kkennon1 wrote:
Like that Pels and Wiz trade, Pels one not going to happen, but if it did, they'd be talking about it for years. Lol

http://lakeshowlife.com/2019/05/19/los- ... scenarios/

Love the Memphis pick. Hell no yo that wizards trade. How about James & Kuzma for the number one & Randle? He’s way cheaper than Holiday, we don’t need a PG, and he’s already better than Holiday.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13945
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 21

JJCali wrote:
Love the Memphis pick. Hell no yo that wizards trade. How about James & Kuzma for the number one & Randle? He’s way cheaper than Holiday, we don’t need a PG, and he’s already better than Holiday.

Randle can opt out, don't have to trade for him , I'd flip Holiday, possibly to Suns, who need a pg bad.

Memphis trade is my least favorite, like you said, don't need a PG, especially a old one ,that's injured a lot.


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8385

us.gif
votes: 21

kkennon1 wrote:
Randle can opt out, don't have to trade for him , I'd flip Holiday, possibly to Suns, who need a pg bad.

Memphis trade is my least favorite, like you said, don't need a PG, especially a old one ,that's injured a lot.

I like that idea of trading Holiday to the Suns. But for what? Randle can opt out, but if he doesn’t he could be included. The Memphis trade is good cause we get rid of James, get the #2 pick and Conley can be the best backup PG in the league lol.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13945
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 21

JJCali wrote:
I like that idea of trading Holiday to the Suns. But for what? Randle can opt out, but if he doesn’t he could be included. The Memphis trade is good cause we get rid of James, get the #2 pick and Conley can be the best backup PG in the league lol.

Don't mind getting rid of James, but if they did that trade , Zo probably gone. Conley not going to be happy at backup. Randle will opt out, doesn't make any sense for him not to, if he doesn't, that tells a lot on how teams view him in league. Also highly doubt they would get #2 for James, knowing he isn't going to be happy going there. James holds enough power in league to go to whatever teams he'd want ,even with him not having a no-trade Clause. Wonder if he'd ok a trade to Clips or GS if KD leaves ?

Unfortunately JJ, think in real world, we're stuck with him unless he wants out, not all together bad if this FO puts right team around him, at least they could be a dangerous playoff team, especially if KD leaves West.


Options Quick Reply: RE: Official Lakers Offseason Moves Watch...
register
You are an anonymous user- or .
Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
Notify me when a reply is posted
Don't Check Spelling
Note: Twitter & Youtube BBCODE Tags are no longer necessary. The system will automatically convert links to tweets & youtube videos.
   
 
Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home
Post new topic   Reply to topic
register
You are an anonymous user- Register now or Log in Now!


Add our Los Angeles Lakers Blog RSS Feed, the Lakers Rumors RSS Feed, the Lakers News RSS feed, and the Lakers Forum RSS feed to get the latest Laker News and Rumors and Lakers Game info in your RSS/XML reader!