Lakers vs. Portland Trail Blazers Game Day 2019-04-09

Lakers News Surge Forum/Message Board » Lakers Game Day
Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Search This Topic:
 
Dave
Site Admin
Dave Avatar
Posts: 5267

us.gif
votes: 45
  

Please post your predictions for the game today versus the Portland Trail Blazers. The guys must do what well to get the loss? Who on the should LA be careful of? Will the game be a high-scoring affair or low-scoring? Will The Tank continue to roll on or will it hit a brick wall?


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16282
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 70

The g-league lakers have been quite a revelation. They should have started out the season. Lol. They have hurt the tank big time.


Tempy
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12678
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif
votes: 50

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
The g-league lakers have been quite a revelation. They should have started out the season. Lol. They have hurt the tank big time.

I know it's all hindsight but if they had kept Lopez and Randle with the KCP money and signed Pink Panther (bald eagle the way he flys through the air lol) Instead of Rondo. They could have picked up some shooters instead of Lance and Beasley and had a relatively good year. Instead, well I'm just glad the season is done.


jrdogg29
Serious Laker Fan
Posts: 362
votes: 0

if these players are winning what does it say about coach.Did the other guys quit?injuries played a part but sheeessh


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Gold
 Avatar
Posts: 16282
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 70

Tempy wrote:
I know it's all hindsight but if they had kept Lopez and Randle with the KCP money and signed Pink Panther (bald eagle the way he flys through the air lol) Instead of Rondo. They could have picked up some shooters instead of Lance and Beasley and had a relatively good year. Instead, well I'm just glad the season is done.

The Lopez move baffles me. They knew all along they were going to sign Lebron and lopez would have provided a stretch big option, a la Bosh. And he shoots better than Bosh from the distance. Couple that with a relentless Randle who would garner max attention in the paint. They could have just signed Pink Panther and probably even McGee as a back C. Lastly some shooters like you mentioned and we would be a top 4 team in the western conference.

In spite of all that, I still look at where were on 12/25 before the injuries reared it’s ugly head and decimated virtually the entire team. I know there is a lot of post mortem and yelling happening on other threads..LOL, but we shouldn’t overlook that fact either and keep it in perspective. We were arguably playing the best basketball in the western conference (fact which was echoed by Kerr as well recently) with a squad consisting of LBJ, the kids and a goon squad who essentially looked like sidekicks to the mafia warlord. Lmao!!!


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16282
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 70

Another Maginka masterpiece... lol


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 19814
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

Last game of the season. I'm going with the "W" baby!!!!!


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16282
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 70

userpete1037 wrote:
Last game of the season. I'm going with the "W" baby!!!!!

Any chance I can go for the Hail Mary and overtake you at the buzzer? Lol.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 19814
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
Any chance I can go for the Hail Mary and overtake you at the buzzer? Lol.

Lol...Go for it!!!!......lol.


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16282
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 70

userpete1037 wrote:
Lol...Go for it!!!!......lol.

That’s like trying to empty an ocean armed with a teaspoon. Lol.

You win Big fella....you win. Lmao!!!


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 19814
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
That’s like trying to empty an ocean armed with a teaspoon. Lol.

You win Big fella....you win. Lmao!!!

All in fun....We'll go at it again next season.


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16282
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 70

On another note, I hope they never ever hire another laker legend at the FO/coaching level. They have already turned the fanbase against Byron and now Magic. Say whatever you want about them, but these are iconic laker figures who brought a lot of joy into our lives...at least for those of us who witnessed it growing up.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 19814
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
Another Maginka masterpiece... lol

I think we've seen the last days of Pelinka. Better put his agent hat back on.


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16282
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 70

userpete1037 wrote:
I think we've seen the last days of Pelinka. Better put his agent hat back on.

That joker should have been the first one to get booted out. Amazing how he’s still here.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 19814
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
That joker should have been the first one to get booted out. Amazing how he’s still here.

I'm getting the sense that Luke may survive and that sentiment of LBJ running the ship is about to be over. What do you think?


TimmyDoe
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1540
votes: 20

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
On another note, I hope they never ever hire another laker legend at the FO/coaching level. They have already turned the fanbase against Byron and now Magic. Say whatever you want about them, but these are iconic laker figures who brought a lot of joy into our lives...at least for those of us who witnessed it growing up.

I’d say hire whoever has the qualifications. Jerry West is a former Laker legend yet knows his way around a team. Magic pulled a fast one on Jeanie, I’ve said this before but the hiring of Magic felt very much like a topic brought up on a whim on a dinner they casually have every other week or so. One thing led to the next, there we were with Magic then Rob at the helm.


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16282
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 70

userpete1037 wrote:
I'm getting the sense that Luke may survive and that sentiment of LBJ running the ship is about to be over. What do you think?

She already refers to Luke as her son. Smh! This “keeping it in the family” bs mom and pop operation is ruining the lakers. I hope they somehow manage to get Jerry West or Griffin to steady the ship. I’m also quite high on Ryan West getting the gig although he’s inexperienced at this very critical juncture wherein you need a veteran/calming presence. I don’t feel LBJ is going to call the shots, he’s going to be actively involved in recruiting though. Lol. I feel this has also taken LBJ by shock cause he also looked up to Magic and probably bought into his vision....whatever that was. Lol.


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Gold
 Avatar
Posts: 16282
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 70

TimmyDoe wrote:
I’d say hire whoever has the qualifications. Jerry West is a former Laker legend yet knows his way around a team. Magic pulled a fast one on Jeanie, I’ve said this before but the hiring of Magic felt very much like a topic brought up on a whim on a dinner they casually have every other week or so. One thing led to the next, there we were with Magic then Rob at the helm.

That’s not Magic’s fault if someone can pull a fast one on the owner of a multi billion organization. That doesn’t bode well for the franchise, if she/he can be hoodwinked like that. I doubt that’s what happened anyways. Magic did Jeannie a favor by agreeing to step in after she fired her brother. She should have at least conducted a proper hiring process for the successors to Mitch/Jim. We can’t fault Rob/Magic for that. The crap is percolating down from the top


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 19814
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
She already refers to Luke as her son. Smh! This “keeping it in the family” bs mom and pop operation is ruining the lakers. I hope they somehow manage to get Jerry West or Griffin to steady the ship. I’m also quite high on Ryan West getting the gig although he’s inexperienced at this very critical juncture wherein you need a veteran/calming presence. I don’t feel LBJ is going to call the shots, he’s going to be actively involved in recruiting though. Lol. I feel this has also taken LBJ by shock cause he also looked up to Magic and probably bought into his vision....whatever that was. Lol.

Seems like they're going to have to do something pretty soon because free agency is right around the corner.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 19814
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

These boys putting up a good fight I see.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 19814
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

I know this the last game KCP but nothing wrong with passing to the open man.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 19814
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

Caruso!!!!!


TimmyDoe
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1540
votes: 20

I hope someone pays KCP in the offseason, so we don’t make that mistake a third time.


TimmyDoe
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1540
votes: 20

What’s Jemerrio so scared of? Slam those gimmes


Dave
Site Admin
Posts: 5267

us.gif
votes: 45

Tough way to lose, but gotta give props to these guys as they have balling.


Tempy
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12678
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif
votes: 50

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
That’s not Magic’s fault if someone can pull a fast one on the owner of a multi billion organization. That doesn’t bode well for the franchise, if she/he can be hoodwinked like that. I doubt that’s what happened anyways. Magic did Jeannie a favor by agreeing to step in after she fired her brother. She should have at least conducted a proper hiring process for the successors to Mitch/Jim. We can’t fault Rob/Magic for that. The crap is percolating down from the top

I think it was more of her trying to fulfill her dads wishes and have magic on board. Time will tell but I am willing to give her a pass for now. Ultimately we got rid of Jim so that was a net positive.


Options Quick Reply: RE: Lakers vs. Portland Trail Blazers Game Day 2019-04-09
register
You are an anonymous user- or .
Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
Notify me when a reply is posted
Don't Check Spelling
Note: Twitter & Youtube BBCODE Tags are no longer necessary. The system will automatically convert links to tweets & youtube videos.
   
 
Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home
Post new topic   Reply to topic
register
You are an anonymous user- Register now or Log in Now!


Add our Los Angeles Lakers Blog RSS Feed, the Lakers Rumors RSS Feed, the Lakers News RSS feed, and the Lakers Forum RSS feed to get the latest Laker News and Rumors and Lakers Game info in your RSS/XML reader!