Lakers vs. Charlotte Hornets Game Day 2019-03-29

Lakers Forum » Lakers Game Day
Author Search This Topic:
 
Dave
votes: 45
Site Admin
Posts: 5369

us.gif
 

How will the do in the game today versus the Charlotte Hornets. What must the do earn a L? Which player should LA watch out for? Will the game be up-and-down type or more slow paced? Who will be the tank commander today?

Tempy
votes: 51
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12878
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif

I think the Lakers are pretty much set at the 10th/11th spot. The win against the Wizards pretty much ended any hopes of 8th. Tonight and the next game, against the Pelicans will determine that 9th spot.

Losing out the rest of the season and dropping to 9th would give them a 20% chance of a top 4 pick. Still not great but a darn sight better than 14% for 10th and 9% for 11th.

It's astonishing that the Lakers are most likely going to finish with an equal record or worse than last seasons record.

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16754
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

Dave wrote:
How will the do in the game today versus the Charlotte Hornets. What must the do earn a L? Which player should LA watch out for? Will the game be up-and-down type or more slow paced? Who will be the tank commander today?

LMAO....I think to earn this L we must allow the vets who were handpicked by the lakers “think tank” to play for over 45 mins.

Dave
votes: 45
Site Admin
Posts: 5369

us.gif

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
LMAO....I think to earn this L we must allow the vets who were handpicked by the lakers “think tank” to play for over 45 mins.

LOL that would definitely help the cause.

BaadMaster
votes: 98
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8613

As funny as this whole trail is, it is sad that the great Lakers lineage has been reduced to this -- WITH LeBron James.

Maginka had to pretty much make moves even a ten year old wouldn't make.

And I thought Jim Buss was bad.

Anyway...TANKS A LOT!

Tempy
votes: 51
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12878
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
LMAO....I think to earn this L we must allow the vets who were handpicked by the lakers “think tank” to play for over 45 mins.

Those tough minded playmakers? Lol

userpete1037
votes: 18
LNS HOF Platinum
Posts: 20223
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif

Tank will continue to roll...…..I hope...lol.

TimmyDoe
votes: 22
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1580

Pelinka will offer KCP a max contract in the summer citing his recent play.

Tempy
votes: 51
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12878
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif

TimmyDoe wrote:
Pelinka will offer KCP a max contract in the summer citing his recent play.

Citing a quote from a book you mean lol

SAYfLaL3Peat
votes: 0
NewsSurge Newbie
Posts: 11

I hope we can keep Rondo on a good contract next season. always loved his game

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16754
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

userpete1037 wrote:
Tank will continue to roll...…..I hope...lol.

The tank commander needs to be benched. He’s been suspected of driving drunk. Lol.

Axle
votes: 71
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 15005
Location: Axle

Lakers beat a team that will be in the playoffs? Lakers looked good tonight. KCP, I wish he was consistent like he was tonight. The guy is really good or just a no show.

Ball looked in pretty good shape on the sidelines. LMAO! I hate to say this, but I really do not think he is in the Lakers future plans. LeVar will have him traded to the Sun.

Axle
votes: 71
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 15005
Location: Axle

Tempy wrote:
I think the Lakers are pretty much set at the 10th/11th spot. The win against the Wizards pretty much ended any hopes of 8th. Tonight and the next game, against the Pelicans will determine that 9th spot.

Losing out the rest of the season and dropping to 9th would give them a 20% chance of a top 4 pick. Still not great but a darn sight better than 14% for 10th and 9% for 11th.

It's astonishing that the Lakers are most likely going to finish with an equal record or worse than last seasons record.

INJURIES, INJURIES. You guys kept blaming Vitti when he was with the Lakers. Who do you blame now for all these injuries and most are the top draft picks of the Lakers with the exception of LeBron.

BaadMaster
votes: 98
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8613

I didn't watch the game but -- WE DONT EVEN KNOW HOW TO TANK!

TimmyDoe
votes: 22
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1580

Tempy wrote:
Citing a quote from a book you mean lol

Oh definitely, maybe both lol

Tempy
votes: 51
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12878
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif

Axle wrote:
INJURIES, INJURIES. You guys kept blaming Vitti when he was with the Lakers. Who do you blame now for all these injuries and most are the top draft picks of the Lakers with the exception of LeBron.

All teams get injuries, the Lakers are no exception. It's a weak excuse. You know who has lost the most games in the NBA over the last 5 years? The Lakers, the problems are a lot deeper than "injuries".

Btw you do know Vitti is still around as a consultant right?! Lol

Shepherd
votes: 55
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 11041

ez.gif

BaadMaster wrote:
As funny as this whole trail is, it is sad that the great Lakers lineage has been reduced to this -- WITH LeBron James.

Maginka had to pretty much make moves even a ten year old wouldn't make.

And I thought Jim Buss was bad.

Anyway...TANKS A LOT!

It is hard to imagine how someone can screw up a team this badly with LBJ on it. Injuries aside. In his absence no one stepped up, as they often do on other teams. It really takes a special kind of talent to screw up a team this badly. Sighhh.

Shepherd
votes: 55
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 11041

ez.gif

Tempy wrote:
All teams get injuries, the Lakers are no exception. It's a weak excuse. You know who has lost the most games in the NBA over the last 5 years? The Lakers, the problems are a lot deeper than "injuries".

Btw you do know Vitti is still around as a consultant right?! Lol

And his team are still the trainers. Just his right hand guy is in charge now. It's the same old same old.

A cple sad stats. Lakers have the worse regular season record over the last 7 years. They also have the most injuries, ie: lost games/time to injuries, in that time. Not to get all Shakespearean or anything, but something is definitely wrong in Denmark, so to speak. And it's high drama indeed. Mostly being swept under the carpet with no one taking responsibility. What we need is a whistle blower. An insider to come out and tell us all wtf is going on.

Shepherd
votes: 55
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 11041

ez.gif

Btw, no team has ever built entirely through the draft. As the Lakers have been trying to do. No one knows how to do it. Others have had successful transitions through picks and good development, ie: GS and OKC. But not many. Look how long Minny has sucked, along with Boston and Philly and Charlotte and others. All trying to build through the draft. Time to accept this is a bad policy. Yes take your picks when you get them. But don't expect 5-6 young guys to come together and make a team. Philly traded Fultz (#1), and Okafor (former #1). They only started to come together when they got Reddick. Boston hasn't been playing well with all their top picks.

Axle
votes: 71
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 15005
Location: Axle

Tempy wrote:
All teams get injuries, the Lakers are no exception. It's a weak excuse. You know who has lost the most games in the NBA over the last 5 years? The Lakers, the problems are a lot deeper than "injuries".

Btw you do know Vitti is still around as a consultant right?! Lol

Well! Yes before the regime change, he still kept a small office in EL Segundo before the regime change. But when Buss daughter fired her brother and Mitch he hardly comes around anymore. I guess he is still under some contract, not sure. Does not do much consultant since Magic and Perlinka come into the picture.

Axle
votes: 71
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 15005
Location: Axle

Shepherd wrote:
It is hard to imagine how someone can screw up a team this badly with LBJ on it. Injuries aside. In his absence no one stepped up, as they often do on other teams. It really takes a special kind of talent to screw up a team this badly. Sighhh.

It really does not matter much whether the Lakers made the playoffs or not, they would have gotten humiliated by the Warriors in the first round anyways. All it would have shown is that they had made the playoffs because of LeBron. He is the only one that has gotten any credit and the rest have been thrown under the bus.

The original plan was to do a partial rebuild this season by adding LeBron and letting our draft picks get some experience with a super star. Next year is suppose to be the main goal and that is to build around these young core with the aging LeBron and adding another super star for next season.

But then I am not sure whether to blame LeBron or Magic they get a hair up there and go crazy about AD and shock the youngsters that they are all trade bait. That was the dumbest move anybody could have made IF you wanted to see the Lakers to have kept on winning the way they were. Dissension on the team right away, low moral, claiming injuries that usually a player wants to get back as soon as possible instead they prefer to stay out. It is a natural human responds to somebody that does not appreciate what you have being doing for the organization or a team.

But I do not know if LeBron was the one putting pressure on Magic. It was never revealed.

kkennon1
votes: 23
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14351
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif

Couldn't have done this sooner???

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16754
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

kkennon1 wrote:

Couldn't have done this sooner???

Closing the stable door after the horse has bolted. Lol.

kkennon1
votes: 23
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14351
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif

Shepherd wrote:
Btw, no team has ever built entirely through the draft. As the Lakers have been trying to do. No one knows how to do it. Others have had successful transitions through picks and good development, ie: GS and OKC. But not many. Look how long Minny has sucked, along with Boston and Philly and Charlotte and others. All trying to build through the draft. Time to accept this is a bad policy. Yes take your picks when you get them. But don't expect 5-6 young guys to come together and make a team. Philly traded Fultz (#1), and Okafor (former #1). They only started to come together when they got Reddick. Boston hasn't been playing well with all their top picks.

Agree ,although Philadelphia traded the 2 that sucked !!!! Lmao

Axle
votes: 71
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 15005
Location: Axle

True it is hard to build a team through the draft even though the Warriors did, but not many others. But the Lakers had no choice but to bust the team up because of the pressure from other owners and the commissioner. The Lakers would have had to pay a tremendous amount of Luxury taxes and other penalties if they had kept going where at one time the Laker budget had reached an all time high. So they had no choice but to cut down millions, and the only way to rebuild was through the draft.

It is not like the old days where the rich could get the best players available by offering tremendous contracts. Now the playing field has leveled out and most teams can be champions anymore. Before who ever had the most money had full control which were the Celtics, Lakers, Sixer and Knicks.

But getting back to the Lakers, IF they can get one more good star, not necessarily a super star to help LeBron and keep our maturing young core, I honestly believe next season the Lakers will be true contenders .

Shepherd
votes: 55
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 11041

ez.gif

GS had nothing to lose by trying to build in the draft. They weren't very good before. They didn't have 16 champs hanging in the rafters to try and back up. They hjadn't been very relevant for a long time. Lakers and other few top teams it's different. Going the other way is obviously difficult, and takes a long time. I think the Dubs got lucky in many ways. Hasn't worked for anyone else. Esp when the anyone else is us.

The last time we were really relevant was 9 years ago. Think about that for a second!

userpete1037
votes: 18
LNS HOF Platinum

Posts: 20223
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif

Shepherd wrote:
GS had nothing to lose by trying to build in the draft. They weren't very good before. They didn't have 16 champs hanging in the rafters to try and back up. They hjadn't been very relevant for a long time. Lakers and other few top teams it's different. Going the other way is obviously difficult, and takes a long time. I think the Dubs got lucky in many ways. Hasn't worked for anyone else. Esp when the anyone else is us.

The last time we were really relevant was 9 years ago. Think about that for a second!

Can't argue with you there........point taken.

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16754
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

userpete1037
votes: 18
LNS HOF Platinum
Posts: 20223
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:

Man I saw that yesterday on B/R. That was the funniest $hit.....ROTFL.

BaadMaster
votes: 98
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8613

The draft is always a crap shoot. Can you spell Greg Oden? Even Donovan Mitchell was passed over by the top brains in the NBA. The Lakers seem to draft well enough; but they never let their picks develop. Now that wouldn't be a bad thing if they got value in return for undeveloped stars.

We moved DLo, Randle and Zubac and what did we get? UGATZ. NADA. NOTHING. That is a crime. Period.

Axle
votes: 71
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 15005
Location: Axle

I agree with BaadMaster about three draft picks that the Lakers just let go for nothing. No patients to develop young players knowing that they were top draft picks, they should have known that these three would only get better as they matured. But noooooooooooo!

If they do not use their heads and figure this out by this summer, it could take the Lakers years and years to ever become a dynasty. There are some teams right now that are very young and they are looking very good. TimberWolves, Sixers, Celtics,Bucks are looking very good and could challenge the west this season.

Shepherd
votes: 55
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 11041

ez.gif

Axle wrote:
I agree with BaadMaster about three draft picks that the Lakers just let go for nothing. No patients to develop young players knowing that they were top draft picks, they should have known that these three would only get better as they matured. But noooooooooooo!

If they do not use their heads and figure this out by this summer, it could take the Lakers years and years to ever become a dynasty. There are some teams right now that are very young and they are looking very good. TimberWolves, Sixers, Celtics, Bucks are looking very good and could challenge the west this season.

Don't forget Toronto and Denver. We got a hellova mountain to climb.


Options Quick Reply: RE: Lakers vs. Charlotte Hornets Game Day 2019-03-29
register
You are an anonymous user- or .
Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
Notify me when a reply is posted
Don't Check Spelling
Note: Twitter & Youtube BBCODE Tags are no longer necessary. The system will automatically convert links to tweets & youtube videos.
   


   
   
register
You are an anonymous user- Register now or Log in Now!