Luke and Coaching Staff Wanted Randle and Lopez.

Lakers Forum » Lakers News
Author Search This Topic:
 
MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16793
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

Dave
votes: 45
Site Admin
Posts: 5380

us.gif


Repped High Quality Post

Julius Randle, Brook Lopez & Zubac or Javale, Lance, Beasely & Muscala- hmmmm... Well the result speaks for itself. I think Magic needs to be fired before he does further damage to the team's future. Hiring him was a mistake in the first place because he had no track record of success in the NBA front office.

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16793
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

Dave wrote:
Julius Randle, Brook Lopez & Zubac or Javale, Lance, Beasely & Muscala- hmmmm... Well the result speaks for itself. I think Magic needs to be fired before he does further damage to the team's future. Hiring him was a mistake in the first place because he had no track record of success in the NBA front office.

‪I believe they did try to sabotage Luke, but what’s more even concerning is that according to Pelinka, they did extensive research (with analytics involved) before signing JaVale and his merry men. Plus they were trying to save cap space for bigger fish later on. They are either too delusional or Incompetent. Or probably both.

I think the main culprit behind all this carnage is the person who hired these rookies for such a critical front office function. I believe just like her Illustrious late father Jerry Buss, Jeannie is also obsessed with stars and high profile names. She knew Magic has a lot of gravitas around the league and therefore wanted to leverage that to reach her end goal of landing big names. Essentially both the coaching staff and the incompetent front office are fall guys. Lol

Dave
votes: 45
Site Admin
Posts: 5380

us.gif

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
‪I believe they did try to sabotage Luke, but what’s more even concerning is that according to Pelinka, they did extensive research (with analytics involved) before signing JaVale and his merry men. Plus they were trying to save cap space for bigger fish later on. They are either too delusional or Incompetent. Or probably both.

I think the main culprit behind all this carnage is the person who hired these rookies for such a critical front office function. I believe just like her Illustrious late father Jerry Buss, Jeannie is also obsessed with stars and high profile names. She knew Magic has a lot of gravitas in the league and therefore wanted to leverage that to reach her end goal of landing big names. Essentially both the coaching staff and the incompetent front office are fall guys. Lol

Well I'm not sure if they sabotaged Luke, but they were just very, very mistaken, but that's not shocking due to their lack of experience in the FO. Chemistry is so important to a team- you can't just mish-mosh a bunch of different guys together like that. It's probably also time for a different, experienced coach to bring in a fresh system IMO, prerferably someone who focuses more on defense & team effort.

But yeah Jeannie should have done more of a careful search before just handing the keys over to Magic. Magic I think is a charmer & good salesperson, and she was sold. It's not too late to undo that mistake, but sadly she will probably keep going with the flow for a couple more years. Of course if AD comes over & join Lebron that would fix a lot of things, but the right complimentary pieces need to be there too, and I'm not so sure if this FO can get the job done in terms of that.

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16793
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

Dave wrote:
Well I'm not sure if they sabotaged Luke, but they were just very, very mistaken, but that's not shocking due to their lack of experience in the FO. Chemistry is so important to a team- you can't just mish-mosh a bunch of different guys together like that. It's probably also time for a different, experienced coach to bring in a fresh system IMO, prerferably someone who focuses more on defense & team effort.

But yeah Jeannie should have done more of a careful search before just handing the keys over to Magic. Magic I think is a charmer & good salesperson, and she was sold. It's not too late to undo that mistake, but sadly she will probably keep going with the flow for a couple more years. Of course if AD comes over & join Lebron that would fix a lot of things, but the right complimentary pieces need to be there too, and I'm not so sure if this FO can get the job done in terms of that.

Yeah I’m ready for a coaching change myself and a new voice in the locker room. Someone who could design a system based on the personnel we have and not the other way around.

Another fun fact; Luke probably knows his days are now numbered in lakerland so he’s going down swinging, taking the great Magic Johnson down with him in the process. Lol.

BaadMaster
votes: 98
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8627

I'll be honest here and not re-write my history. I hated Lopez and all his threes, not playing center. I thought Randle was on a salary drive and over rated. I was 100% behind signing Lance Guitar. I even thought McGee could be an asset. I would rather have Kuzma than DLo. And I liked the LeBron signing -- with the age/injury caviat.

Where Maginka really went off the rails was sending Zubac -- who could be our center for the next 12 years -- for a guy who sucks. And across Staples so we can see him grow and become a fine NBA center like Marc Gasol. Even a blind man could see this was a HORRIBLE trade.

For just this, I would fire Majinka. This is pretty obvious stuff.

kkennon1
votes: 23
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14360
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif

BaadMaster wrote:
I'll be honest here and not re-write my history. I hated Lopez and all his threes, not playing center. I thought Randle was on a salary drive and over rated. I was 100% behind signing Lance Guitar. I even thought McGee could be an asset. I would rather have Kuzma than DLo. And I liked the LeBron signing -- with the age/injury caviat.

Where Maginka really went off the rails was sending Zubac -- who could be our center for the next 12 years -- for a guy who sucks. And across Staples so we can see him grow and become a fine NBA center like Marc Gasol. Even a blind man could see this was a HORRIBLE trade.

For just this, I would fire Majinka. This is pretty obvious stuff.

If they get Cousins or AD you won't miss him. Lmao

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16793
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

TimmyDoe
votes: 22
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1580

I wonder how different our season would look with Randle and Brook onboard. We definitely looked like we were heading in the right direction by the end of last season. Not to mention Brook would have fit our system perfectly, he’s also a much more worthy NBA starting center than anyone we’ve had. I’m not confident in our next coach either, anyone hired by this administration would be suspect.

SDimitri
votes: 6
Serious Laker Fan
Posts: 243

I actually watched Clippers basketball tonight. Things are THAT bad.

TheLegendaryDino
votes: 4
Laker GM
Posts: 4371

Lmao so magic johnson finally got caught by others

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16793
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

Like I had stated above, I’m beginning to question the ownership(Jeannie) and her hand picked front office.

TimmyDoe
votes: 22
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1580

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
Like I had stated above, I’m beginning to question the ownership(Jeannie) and her hand picked front office.

My impression is that she got pressured into hiring them by Magic himself. It looks more like he came to her and sold her on himself, after I think it was Kobe who told her she needs to make the tough choices (firing her brother). So really there was no deliberation, no due process, etc.

Laker background plus a charming, charismatic personality would close the deal for Jeanie for sure. I hope she realizes she needs to make another tough decision. This front office looks more and more like a nightmare everyday. Jim and Mitch would have certainly done a better job.

userpete1037
votes: 18
LNS HOF Platinum
Posts: 20324
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif

The Lakers and Magic have two problems if rumors around the league are true, Onwers/GM's don't want to deal with Pelinka or Klutch Sports. Again that's if the rumors are true.

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16793
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

TimmyDoe
votes: 22
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1580

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:

Quite impressive that there seem to be people who doesn’t believe our bad play post-trade deadline is due to chemistry issues

kkennon1
votes: 23
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14360
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif

userpete1037 wrote:
The Lakers and Magic have two problems if rumors around the league are true, Onwers/GM's don't want to deal with Pelinka or Klutch Sports. Again that's if the rumors are true.

Think some of it has to do with a lot of jealousy by GM's and others that have worked there way up , only to see Pelinka get it handed to him .

Ray
votes: 25
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1686
Location: Ray

BaadMaster wrote:
I'll be honest here and not re-write my history. I hated Lopez and all his threes, not playing center. I thought Randle was on a salary drive and over rated. I was 100% behind signing Lance Guitar. I even thought McGee could be an asset. I would rather have Kuzma than DLo. And I liked the LeBron signing -- with the age/injury caviat.

Where Maginka really went off the rails was sending Zubac -- who could be our center for the next 12 years -- for a guy who sucks. And across Staples so we can see him grow and become a fine NBA center like Marc Gasol. Even a blind man could see this was a HORRIBLE trade.

For just this, I would fire Majinka. This is pretty obvious stuff.

I don't think Zubac was our answer by any means, he is averaging 9.4 ppg and 7.8 rebs per game with them. I also don't think he is capable of playing good basketball for more then 20 mins a game over the course of 82 game season. Why else is he only getting 20 mins per game as the Clippers starting center?

I agree the trade with him was stupid, but I never expected anything more out of him then what he is doing right now, which is not that much.

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16793
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

PS: Momo aka Ramona Shelburne.

userpete1037
votes: 18
LNS HOF Platinum
Posts: 20324
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif

^^^

Reminds me of a song they play at a Blue's Concert, "Everything's Out in the Open".....lol!!!!!!

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16793
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

userpete1037 wrote:
^^^

Reminds me of a song they play at a Blue's Concert, "Everything's Out in the Open".....lol!!!!!!

Man, I’m just wondering what they might do next; Like sign Tyler Ennis cause they feel he’s another Curry. Lol.

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16793
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

This story is going viral now on social media...lmao

kkennon1
votes: 23
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14360
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16793
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

Enjoy!!! Lol

TimmyDoe
votes: 22
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1580

Beasley has never played anything resembling a small-ball 5 even during his good years. Good lord, at least Mitch would be sitting on his hands and we would have a normal season, possibly improving enough to even make the playoffs.

userpete1037
votes: 18
LNS HOF Platinum
Posts: 20324
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
Man, I’m just wondering they might do next; Like sign Tyler Ennis cause they feel he’s another Curry. Lol.

Lol....They can always bring back old reliable Kendall Marshall at PG...lol.

userpete1037
votes: 18
LNS HOF Platinum
Posts: 20324
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
Enjoy!!! Lol

Sometimes he seems like he's on the sauce......

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16793
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

userpete1037 wrote:
Sometimes he seems like he's on the sauce......

Some of the stuff he says....makes Snoop Dogg look like Mahatma Gandhi. LMFAO!!!!

FrankBecerra
votes: 2
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1584
Location: Staples Center

we seem to be moving backwards under Magic and Robs management. When are the Lakes going to address the issue and bring someone in with experience. Who would have thought that things were going to get worse with these two?

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16793
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

Jeannie is coming across like a mafia. No wonder top free agents and teams are hestitant about dealing with us. We are fkd.

lakerdudeinindy
votes: 15
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1429

kkennon1 wrote:

Would actually enjoy that scenario.

JJCali
votes: 22
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8544

us.gif

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
‪I believe they did try to sabotage Luke, but what’s more even concerning is that according to Pelinka, they did extensive research (with analytics involved) before signing JaVale and his merry men. Plus they were trying to save cap space for bigger fish later on. They are either too delusional or Incompetent. Or probably both.

I think the main culprit behind all this carnage is the person who hired these rookies for such a critical front office function. I believe just like her Illustrious late father Jerry Buss, Jeannie is also obsessed with stars and high profile names. She knew Magic has a lot of gravitas around the league and therefore wanted to leverage that to reach her end goal of landing big names. Essentially both the coaching staff and the incompetent front office are fall guys. Lol

For all the grief you guys have given Jennie and I never understood it, THIS I can not argue with. I’ll take Jim over Magic any day. And that’s sayin Something.

JJCali
votes: 22
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8544

us.gif

Ray wrote:
I don't think Zubac was our answer by any means, he is averaging 9.4 ppg and 7.8 rebs per game with them. I also don't think he is capable of playing good basketball for more then 20 mins a game over the course of 82 game season. Why else is he only getting 20 mins per game as the Clippers starting center?

I agree the trade with him was stupid, but I never expected anything more out of him then what he is doing right now, which is not that much.

Isn’t he Lik 20 years old?!?!

BaadMaster
votes: 98
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8627

Two things: Am I crazy or does Zion remind me of Randle? They seem quite similar.

AND: What has happened to Kuzma? His stats are horrendous lately. More like Kobe Karl 2.0.

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16793
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

BaadMaster
votes: 98
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8627

As the saying goes, "You can't teach height." I would fire Pelinka just for this idiotic trade.

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16793
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

Check this out as well. Smh!!!!

kkennon1
votes: 23
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14360
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif

BaadMaster wrote:
Two things: Am I crazy or does Zion remind me of Randle? They seem quite similar.

AND: What has happened to Kuzma? His stats are horrendous lately. More like Kobe Karl 2.0.

Reminds me of a super athletic Charles Barkley , with a little Lebron added.

Why question is if they got 1st pick ,would you keep him or trade pick to help in AD trade or another young superstar?

userpete1037
votes: 18
LNS HOF Platinum

Posts: 20324
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
Check this out as well. Smh!!!!

Amazing Zubac is the only one after all these decades. A lot of guys just don't have that finesse like Cap had. I always thought that would be a perfect shot for Pau when he got to the Lakers.

Angeluus
votes: 2
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 973

kkennon1 wrote:
Reminds me of a super athletic Charles Barkley , with a little Lebron added.

Why question is if they got 1st pick ,would you keep him or trade pick to help in AD trade or another young superstar?

1st pick? Please.... Only way we get that is to trade for it. We are so ****. Now they are talking about trading LeBron. For what, a 2nd round draft pick? I was watching ESPN this morning and they we're talking about how terrible his trade value is. We have gotten ourselves into quite a mess here.

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16793
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

Hope the FA’s don’t see this or the fact that she tried to trade Lebron since she was upset with Rich Paul. This is beginning to look pretty depressing. I wouldn’t want to have any part of this carnage if I were a top tier FA.

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16793
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

Randle just had a career high

45/11/6...with 2 steals and 3 blks.

Thanks Maginka.

BaadMaster
votes: 98
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8627

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
Randle just had a career high

45/11/6...with 2 steals and 3 blks.

Thanks Maginka.

Wait until Zubac becomes a top tier center.

So, basically, we got Muscala for Randle and Zubac.

This Muscala must be amazing.

TimmyDoe
votes: 22
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1580

I think the angle where Javale complained about PT, and Rob chose the one year rental (bone headed, soft, low IQ) Javale over a young dynamic big who still has room to grow is more damning.

FrankBecerra
votes: 2
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1584
Location: Staples Center

This is a nightmare, the Lakes trading young players for a bunch of old dudes. I know Magic said this is all part of the plan but I just don’t see it.

kkennon1
votes: 23
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14360
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
Randle just had a career high

45/11/6...with 2 steals and 3 blks.

Thanks Maginka.

He can become FA, would be interesting to see if he'd return to Lakers are the way they treated him.

gemfow
votes: 181
LNS HOF Silver

Posts: 12402
Location: Maryland
us.gif

kkennon1 wrote:
He can become FA, would be interesting to see if he'd return to Lakers are the way they treated him.
There is no way in hell he comes back imo. He fills a need here because the one thing he can do that Kuzma or anyone else in that 4 position can't do is take true advantage of a smaller player on a switch. I've seen guards switch onto Kuzma to nullify him and in his defense he's actually a 3. Plus when the Lakers go small Randle does pretty decently at the 5.

The Lakers' best bet is Cousins if he isn't scared away by the management mess out here.

Angeluus
votes: 2
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 973

FrankBecerra wrote:
This is a nightmare, the Lakes trading young players for a bunch of old dudes. I know Magic said this is all part of the plan but I just don’t see it.

He doesn't have a plan. Trust me. I wouldn't be surprised if his "plan" was to throw on a jersey and join LeBron. Guy doesn't what what he is doing. He is all talk.

gemfow
votes: 181
LNS HOF Silver

Posts: 12402
Location: Maryland
us.gif

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
Randle just had a career high

45/11/6...with 2 steals and 3 blks.

Thanks Maginka.

For once I’d like to see the media truly hammer Maginka for their BS. All they had to do was stay the course with the young guys and once Mozgov/Deng’s cobtracts were done then you’re talking about filling the roster around the main guys. I’ve been trying to let it go but it’s hard to when we all know it’s not easy to acquire talent and we had it.

JJCali
votes: 22
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8544

us.gif

kkennon1 wrote:
He can become FA, would be interesting to see if he'd return to Lakers are the way they treated him.

doubt it. But could you imagine if we had to sign him to a massive contract as a free agent when we could’ve locked him in for much cheaper the year before.


Options Quick Reply: RE: Luke and Coaching Staff Wanted Randle and Lopez.
register
You are an anonymous user- or .
Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
Notify me when a reply is posted
Don't Check Spelling
Note: Twitter & Youtube BBCODE Tags are no longer necessary. The system will automatically convert links to tweets & youtube videos.
   


   
   
register
You are an anonymous user- Register now or Log in Now!