Magic and Rob Training Camp Presser Clips- Lakers Are Doomed

Lakers Forum » Lakers News
Author Search This Topic:
 
MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16787
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
 

Just a compilation of sound bytes from Maginka at the training camp presser. There is no argument to be made. It is a foregone conclusion; they are delusional. They need to do some serious introspection in the off season, look in the mirror and concede that they are actually the main problem. I just cannot envisage the extent of damage which lies in stock for us. This season imho was just the tip of the iceberg. They are making the previous regime look like Fortune 500 executives. Somethings gotta give.

Anywhere here goes:

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16787
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16787
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

“One of the deepest rosters in the nba.” LMAO!!!!

lakerdudeinindy
votes: 15
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1429

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:

“One of the deepest rosters in the nba.” LMAO!!!!

Wow...we're cooked!!!!

userpete1037
votes: 18
LNS HOF Platinum
Posts: 20322
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif

Whew!!!!!!!!…...sigh.

TimmyDoe
votes: 22
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1580

I’m still not convinced that Pelinka is a terrible GM yet. I think Magic is behind all of our bone headed moves. All. But if getting rid of Magic meant getting rid of Pelinka, then by all means. The signings and mid season fiascos have us a pretty clear read into our front office. These clips were absolutely jarring to watch.

Dave
votes: 45
Site Admin
Posts: 5380

us.gif

Everything they said- the OPPOSITE has happened. Wow.

Tempy
votes: 51
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12910
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2017/2/21/ ... -president

lakerdudeinindy
votes: 15
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1429

Tempy wrote:
https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2017/2/21/14688134/10-magic-johnso n-tweets-lakers-president

Let me reiterate more expansively....We are SO cooked!!!!

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16787
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

I’m actually most impressed with the genius who hired them, immediately after firing the previous regime. Without any auditions, interviews, due diligence or pre-requisite job experience.

Actually in corporate parlance, the proverbial sh*t invariably falls down from the top

Tempy
votes: 51
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12910
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
I’m actually most impressed with the genius who hired them, immediately after firing the previous regime. Without any auditions, interviews, due diligence or pre-requisite job experience.

Actually in corporate parlance, the proverbial sh*t invariably falls down from the top

Zero accountability from top to bottom. When your owner is spouting "fake" news you know you're in terrible hands.

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16787
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

Tempy wrote:
Zero accountability from top to bottom. When your owner is spouting "fake" news you know you're in terrible hands.

That “fake” news bs is both embarrassing and depressing at the same time.

ralppcobarde
votes: 28
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 6183

rp.gif

Hope we get a top 5 pick. Possible?

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16787
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

ralppcobarde wrote:
Hope we get a top 5 pick. Possible?

Have faith in commander James and Gen Johnson. We can definitely aim for top 10. Lol.

kkennon1
votes: 23
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14360
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
Have faith in commander James and Gen Johnson. We can definitely aim for top 10. Lol.

After last night, at 10 and climbing. But have 3 losses to make up, teams at 7-9 with 38 losses. Will be hard ,but commander James and Gen Johnson can do it. Lol

http://www.tankathon.com/

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16787
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

kkennon1 wrote:
After last night, at 10 and climbing. But have 3 losses to make up, teams at 7-9 with 38 losses. Will be hard ,but commander James and Gen Johnson can do it. Lol

http://www.tankathon.com/

They currently, have a 10% chance of landing a top 4 pick. The odds keep improving as they keep piling up those L’s. Lmao

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16787
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

Watch and cry. There is really no point blaming Magic and Pelinka, they didn’t force themselves out here...they were hired.

I’m really ready for an ownership change. Waiting for the day when Sam Kroenke /Guggenheim group takes over and gives it a professional structure and stability.

userpete1037
votes: 18
LNS HOF Platinum

Posts: 20322
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
Watch and cry. There is really no point blaming Magic and Pelinka, they didn’t force themselves out here...they were hired.

I’m really ready for an ownership change. Waiting for the day when Sam Kroenke /Guggenheim group takes over and gives it a professional structure and stability.

Well that sure doesn't make favorite player of all time look or sound good.....sigh.

userpete1037
votes: 18
LNS HOF Platinum
Posts: 20322
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif

Hey MAGIC,

Question: So was Jeanie or Magic just hell bent on not bringing Jerry back from the get go? Just wondering...….

kkennon1
votes: 23
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14360
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif

userpete1037 wrote:
Hey MAGIC,

Question: So was Jeanie or Magic just hell bent on not bringing Jerry back from the get go? Just wondering...….

Remember Jerry saying after Dr. Buss funeral when asked if he was considering going back to Lakers, quote, Oh I don't think they would have me back. Maybe Dr. Buss told kids he didn't want him back with Lakers ever.

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16787
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

userpete1037 wrote:
Hey MAGIC,

Question: So was Jeanie or Magic just hell bent on not bringing Jerry back from the get go? Just wondering...….

Jerry West was very much against Jeannie seeing Phil Jackson when he was the GM, cause he felt that was causing a major distraction in the locker room.

Rumors have it that she’s kept that grudge against him. Jerry West clearly wanted the lakers job, but Jeannie quickly brought in Magic even without auditioning anyone else. These bastards are screwing over the lakers because of their petty little egos. So pissed off..!!!

userpete1037
votes: 18
LNS HOF Platinum

Posts: 20322
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
Jerry West was very much against Jeannie seeing Phil Jackson when he was the GM, cause he felt that was causing a major distraction in the locker room.

Rumors have it that she’s kept that grudge against him. Jerry West clearly wanted the lakers job, but Jeannie quickly brought in Magic even without auditioning anyone else. These bastards are screwing over the lakers because their petty little egos. So pissed off..!!!

The world of Pettiness....lol.

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16787
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

kkennon1 wrote:
Remember Jerry saying after Dr. Buss funeral when asked if he was considering going back to Lakers, quote, Oh I don't think they would have me back. Maybe Dr. Buss told kids he didn't want him back with Lakers ever.

It was actually West who was screwed over by The late great Jerry Buss. Buss had promised West a sum of $1m if he was able to land Shaq.

Buss didn’t keep his word after Jerry managed to get Shaq. Jerry said in an interview, that he was really hurt not because of the money owed to him, but because it was a matter of principle that Buss didn’t keep his word. West is very old school and things like gentlemen’s honor/ word of mouth matter a lot to him. He was paid that amount much later on, but there was a breach of trust and that incident severed the relationship and he eventually ended up in Memphis.

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16787
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

LMFAO..!!!!! Oh man..!!!

userpete1037
votes: 18
LNS HOF Platinum

Posts: 20322
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
It was actually West who was screwed over by The late great Jerry Buss. Buss had promised West a sum of $1m if he was able to land Shaq.

Buss didn’t keep his word after Jerry managed to get Shaq. Jerry said in an interview, that he was really hurt not because of the money owed to him, but because it was a matter of principle that Buss didn’t keep his word. West is very old school and things like gentlemen’s honor/ word of mouth matter a lot to him. He was paid that amount much later on, but there was a breach of trust and that incident severed the relationship and he eventually ended up in Memphis.

Funny thing is after all that, West still love the Lakers. He always will.

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16787
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

userpete1037 wrote:
Funny thing is after all that, West still love the Lakers. He always will.

Always. He came on that SAS show yesterday and you could see he still bleeds purple and gold. Laker for life.

BaadMaster
votes: 98
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8627

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:

LMFAO..!!!!! Oh man..!!!

That is the funniest thing I have seen in a long time!

userpete1037
votes: 18
LNS HOF Platinum
Posts: 20322
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:

LMFAO..!!!!! Oh man..!!!

ROTFL!!!!!!!.....wow.

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16787
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

BaadMaster wrote:
That is the funniest thing I have seen in a long time!

My abs still hurt. Lol.

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16787
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16787
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

Fantastic piece by Dave McMenamin.

userpete1037
votes: 18
LNS HOF Platinum
Posts: 20322
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:

I bet they did. Duumb a$$es!!!!!....That is Magic and Pelinka.

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16787
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

Like I had mentioned on various threads, the laker player injuries seem to be a systemic issue which has not been addressed. Questionable medical/training staff and cutting corners on personnel spending. Giving job handouts to friends/family. Yes this is a bonafide mom/pop operation.

userpete1037
votes: 18
LNS HOF Platinum

Posts: 20322
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
Like I had mentioned on various threads, the laker player injuries seem to be a systemic issue which has not been addressed. Questionable medical/training staff and cutting corners on personnel spending. Giving job handouts to friends/family. Yes this is a bonafide mom/pop operation.

When you don't make smart decisions and you're a LOUD MOUTH. Doesn't bode well at all.


Options Quick Reply: RE: Magic and Rob Training Camp Presser Clips- Lakers Are Doomed
register
You are an anonymous user- or .
Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
Notify me when a reply is posted
Don't Check Spelling
Note: Twitter & Youtube BBCODE Tags are no longer necessary. The system will automatically convert links to tweets & youtube videos.
   


   
   
register
You are an anonymous user- Register now or Log in Now!