Next Laker Coach?

Lakers Forum » Lakers General Discussions
Author Search This Topic:
 
magic42157
votes: 7
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 644

Who will be the Laker coach in 2019/2020? If Lebron got David Blatt fired for losing in the finals, there is no way Luke survives this off season when missing the playoffs.

Some names that will pop up:

Ty Lue, Mark Jackson, JVG, Thibs,

Of the 4, I would take JVG first, Jackson second, Lue third, and Thibs 4th just because he seem to run his players into the ground

A not so Wild Card would be DFish. Not sure how I feel about him.

userpete1037
votes: 18
LNS HOF Platinum
Posts: 20317
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif

IMO, quite sure it won't be Thibs. JVG is obviously comfortable commentating. Ty Lue well do we want the aura of being the Cavs? My personal choice is Mark Jackson but I believe the mentioning of Jason Kidd is real. Not my choice but time will tell.

lakerdudeinindy
votes: 15
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1429

magic42157 wrote:
Who will be the Laker coach in 2019/2020? If Lebron got David Blatt fired for losing in the finals, there is no way Luke survives this off season when missing the playoffs.

Some names that will pop up:

Ty Lue, Mark Jackson, JVG, Thibs,

Of the 4, I would take JVG first, Jackson second, Lue third, and Thibs 4th just because he seem to run his players into the ground

A not so Wild Card would be DFish. Not sure how I feel about him.

Uhhh...NO to Derek Fisher. The Lakers SHOULD look at coaches that can implement something offensively or defensively. I have been touting Ettore Messina or Monty Williams and wouldn't mind seeing Mike Woodson. Lue would be a distraction and Kidd would be like Walton, not a big fan. Matk Jackson...I am iffy with him. He has gotten his teams to play defense, but his offense is iso heavy and may NOT work with the current team.

Angeluus
votes: 2
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 973

magic42157 wrote:
Who will be the Laker coach in 2019/2020? If Lebron got David Blatt fired for losing in the finals, there is no way Luke survives this off season when missing the playoffs.

Some names that will pop up:

Ty Lue, Mark Jackson, JVG, Thibs,

Of the 4, I would take JVG first, Jackson second, Lue third, and Thibs 4th just because he seem to run his players into the ground

A not so Wild Card would be DFish. Not sure how I feel about him.

The Lakers as of late have proven to not be good at selecting anything. If I had to guess, with the current preposterous track record, I'd say they select Magic Johnson. On a serious note, just imagine the absolute worst case scenario. That should give you an idea of what's to come regarding our next coach. I have absolutely no faith in this current front office.

lakerdudeinindy
votes: 15
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1429

Angeluus wrote:
[quote="magic42157"]Who will be the Laker coach in 2019/2020? If Lebron got David Blatt fired for losing in the finals, there is no way Luke survives this off season when missing the playoffs.

Some names that will pop up:

Ty Lue, Mark Jackson, JVG, Thibs,

Of the 4, I would take JVG first, Jackson second, Lue third, and Thibs 4th just because he seem to run his players into the ground

A not so Wild Card would be DFish. Not sure how I feel about him.

The Lakers as of late have proven to not be good at selecting anything. If I had to guess, with the current preposterous track record, I'd say they select Magic Johnson. On a serious note, just imagine the absolute worst case scenario. That should give you an idea of what's to come regarding our next coach. I have absolutely no faith in this current front office.

Or Derek Fisher...lol. Both would be an EPIC fail.

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16785
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

lakerdudeinindy wrote:
Uhhh...NO to Derek Fisher. The Lakers SHOULD look at coaches that can implement something offensively or defensively. I have been touting Ettore Messina or Monty Williams and wouldn't mind seeing Mike Woodson. Lue would be a distraction and Kidd would be like Walton, not a big fan. Matk Jackson...I am iffy with him. He has gotten his teams to play defense, but his offense is iso heavy and may NOT work with the current team.

I like Ettore Messina as well. I actually wanted him before they hired goat tank commander B.Scott. Lol. I first noticed him when Mike Brown brought him in as an offensive consultant. One thing is for sure Brown had a celebrated group of assistants around him; Steve Clifford, Quin Snyder, Ettori Messina, Bernie Bickerstaff etc.

I wouldn’t even mind Brian Shaw, I have noticed BI, Lebron and Lonzo listening to him during timeouts. He’s the last of the Phil Jackson tree and I remember Phil wanted him to be the coach after he left.

TimmyDoe
votes: 22
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1580

I personally 95% doubt it matters who we hire as coach next. Last year our offense looked better than this year in terms of ball movement, chemistry, player movement. Lebron is going to have his way no matter what. Zo has deferred all year to bron, BI until recently as well. But even then we can hardly run any offense. It’s the Lebron system, much like the Kobe system.

But he’s getting old, and no doubt Lebron is a smart guy, maybe he will actually buy into a system so he can be effective for longer and actually help the team. That’s where my 5% of hope for the next coach lies. Until proven otherwise though, as long as Lebron is on our team it matters none who we hire as coach.

Kidd is terrible. Mark Jackson is the worst possible candidate. Thibs has had seasons worth of evidence he won’t work out. Who else is a possibility? DFish literally dismantled all of the Knicks chemistry single handedly. My ideal coach for this current team is a seasoned coach who has been doing this for a while, who can keep stars under control but also at the very least have some semblance of a system going.

lakerdudeinindy
votes: 15
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1429

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
I like Ettore Messina as well. I actually wanted him before they hired goat tank commander B.Scott. Lol. I first noticed him when Mike Brown brought him in as an offensive consultant. One thing is for sure Brown had a celebrated group of assistants around him; Steve Clifford, Quin Snyder, Ettori Messina, Bernie Bickerstaff etc.

I wouldn’t even mind Brian Shaw, I have noticed BI, Lebron and Lonzo listening to him during timeouts. He’s the last of the Ohil Jackson tree and I remember Phil wanted him to be the coach after he left.

I wouldn’t mind

The reason I am little nervous with Shaw is because of his Denver coaching stint. It was marred with a lot of him not listening to the players. He may have changed, but I would like to see some differences in how he coaches now. Phil Jackson's assistant tree has not been very successful and that frightens me.

You called it with Mike Brown's staff. Most of them have gone on to do well in their head coaching stints....even Brown has bounced back as an assisstant with Golden State.

lakerdudeinindy
votes: 15
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1429

TimmyDoe wrote:
I personally 95% doubt it matters who we hire as coach next. Last year our offense looked better than this year in terms of ball movement, chemistry, player movement. Lebron is going to have his way no matter what. Zo has deferred all year to bron, BI until recently as well. But even then we can hardly run any offense. It’s the Lebron system, much like the Kobe system.

But he’s getting old, and no doubt Lebron is a smart guy, maybe he will actually buy into a system so he can be effective for longer and actually help the team. That’s where my 5% of hope for the next coach lies. Until proven otherwise though, as long as Lebron is on our team it matters none who we hire as coach.

Kidd is terrible. Mark Jackson is the worst possible candidate. Thibs has had seasons worth of evidence he won’t work out. Who else is a possibility? DFish literally dismantled all of the Knicks chemistry single handedly. My ideal coach for this current team is a seasoned coach who has been doing this for a while, who can keep stars under control but also at the very least have some semblance of a system going.

Definitely see where you are coming from and honestly, I don't put all of this mess on Walton. I think the FO takes a HEAVY blame in this. I almost at times thought that maybe Magic sabotaged Walton to get his kind of coach in, but that's my opinion. Ettore Messina or Monty Williams or Woodson could fulfill these tasks, BUT the FO, Magic in particular needs to run this better and stop pretending that he lets the coaches in on the moves they do.

If Walton had ANY basketball sense he could see this roster was NOT going to work, but he got this foisted on him and due to his inexperience and a little LeBron love, he got overwhelmed.

userpete1037
votes: 18
LNS HOF Platinum

Posts: 20317
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif

lakerdudeinindy wrote:
Uhhh...NO to Derek Fisher. The Lakers SHOULD look at coaches that can implement something offensively or defensively. I have been touting Ettore Messina or Monty Williams and wouldn't mind seeing Mike Woodson. Lue would be a distraction and Kidd would be like Walton, not a big fan. Matk Jackson...I am iffy with him. He has gotten his teams to play defense, but his offense is iso heavy and may NOT work with the current team.

I wouldn't have a problem with Monty as well. Seems like he was doing a pretty good job in NO. Then he was got canned for Gentry. Never quite understood that myself.

lakerdudeinindy
votes: 15
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1429

userpete1037 wrote:
I wouldn't have a problem with Monty as well. Seems like he was doing a pretty good job in NO. Then he was got canned for Gentry. Never quite understood that myself.

Me either. The Pelican franchise is a strange one and a lot of the decisions there are afterthoughts. It is NOT a basketball city and it should have went to Louisville instead and look how it languishes. Them firing Williams made NO sense and Gentry is basically doing the same thing, so go figure with that. Monty Williams was instrumental in developing AD and was WELL-RESPECTED in OKC as well as with the Spurs and now developing as a lead assistant with the Sixers. I think he could do wonders for this team.

magic42157
votes: 7
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 644

I don’t know about him as a coach, but I love Monty as a person. If you have never seen the speech he gave at his wife’s funeral after her car accident, go YouTube it. It is more than I could have done !

ralppcobarde
votes: 28
LNS HOF Bronze
Age: 25
Posts: 6183

rp.gif

My Problem with Luke is he isn't even a good fundamentals and player development coach. He doesn't even have any specialty. Not such a good mentor whatsoever. It a surprise, he has come so far. We need to side with Kuzma,BI & Ball because we can't afford to lose them as they are our cornerstones of the franchise.

He also keeps yanking players when they play well. These players aren’t in Lebron level where they can turn the switch on & off , you have to play them within the rhythm through the game.it frustrates the players and this is why they don't give much effort defensively and offensively anymore because he keeps experimenting and pleasing everybody else. He doesn't need to be friendly because what we need going forward is to coach this team.There was one time, Rondo hits a buzzer beater, gets yanked on the bench the ff games?, Lance plays well in Denver & Suns then gets no playing time the next?,Kuzma at center didnt work in the start of the season, but suddenly reverts to doing it now?, there are couple of mismatches that were severly capitalized by opponents but he doesnt adjust. I know we have personnel issues but there are clear indications that he isnt qualified for this job. It frustrates the team and the momentum built. The truth is, he lacks experience. Just imagine losing to the worst teams in the leagu, he should have step down when we lost to Knicks & Cavs for Gods sake.

lakerdudeinindy
votes: 15
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1429

magic42157 wrote:
I don’t know about him as a coach, but I love Monty as a person. If you have never seen the speech he gave at his wife’s funeral after her car accident, go YouTube it. It is more than I could have done !

He is a strong man and I seen the speech. But he is an effective coach that was not given a chance to succeed with the Pelicans. The guy has A LOT of respect in the league and is due another chance as a head coach. I think (If Magic and Pelinka stay in there lane.) Monty can bring something we haven't had in awhile in Lakerland as a coach.

But, Messina and Woodson are cool too.

BaadMaster
votes: 98
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8627

I have been wrong in my predictions many times; but this, I think, has the ring of genius attached to it. LOL!

I predict: LeBron will "re-injure" his groin, limp off the court and will say Sayonara to this season.

That way he can say, "If I weren't injured I could have led us to the Western Conference Finals."

James has studied the "******** JuJitsu" Master, our President, and will follow that playbook.

As for us, it is "Wait 'til next year!"

Your thoughts?

kkennon1
votes: 23
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14357
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif

BaadMaster wrote:
I have been wrong in my predictions many times; but this, I think, has the ring of genius attached to it. LOL!

I predict: LeBron will "re-injure" his groin, limp off the court and will say Sayonara to this season.

That way he can say, "If I weren't injured I could have led us to the Western Conference Finals."

James has studied the "******** JuJitsu" Master, our President, and will follow that playbook.

As for us, it is "Wait 'til next year!"

Your thoughts?

Said this already, but it will have nothing to do with Finals, it will have everything to do with getting a lottery pick and starting the whole AD thing all over again come draft night.

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16785
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16785
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

TimmyDoe
votes: 22
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1580

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:

Good motivator. I think he’s an overrated coach but not a bad coach. We’ll see how he deals with lebron. His extended stay in the NBA as a head coach (a respected one) could MAYBE put Lebron under wraps. But didn’t he just get an extension? Or am I remembering wrong

lakerdudeinindy
votes: 15
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1429

TimmyDoe wrote:
Good motivator. I think he’s an overrated coach but not a bad coach. We’ll see how he deals with lebron. His extended stay in the NBA as a head coach (a respected one) could MAYBE put Lebron under wraps. But didn’t he just get an extension? Or am I remembering wrong

I thought he did too. But, his name tends to come up in coaching vacancies.

kkennon1
votes: 23
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14357
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif

lakerdudeinindy wrote:
I thought he did too. But, his name tends to come up in coaching vacancies.

Got 2 yrs. Signed thru 2021.

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16785
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

TimmyDoe wrote:
Good motivator. I think he’s an overrated coach but not a bad coach. We’ll see how he deals with lebron. His extended stay in the NBA as a head coach (a respected one) could MAYBE put Lebron under wraps. But didn’t he just get an extension? Or am I remembering wrong

If I also remember correctly he was traded to the clippers for a 1st round pick. One of the more bizarre developments in the nba when a coach got traded. So that could be a possible outlet. All speculation at this point but the fact that R.Shelbourne confirmed the rumors on espn 710, gives it a modicum of credence.

userpete1037
votes: 18
LNS HOF Platinum
Posts: 20317
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif

kkennon1 wrote:
Got 2 yrs. Signed through 2021.

Lmao....Jerry West said screw that....lol.

kkennon1
votes: 23
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14357
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif

userpete1037 wrote:
Lmao....Jerry West said screw that....lol.

I know right. Lol

On another note ,whoever the Lakers get, they better fix team around Lebron, or another coach isn't going to make much difference, I'm amazed how Brad Stevens gets a pass with Celtics being bad, if it wasn't for Eastern conference ,They'd be a lottery team in west.

Shows how team chemistry abd player fit have to be right for coaches to succeed in this league .

IhatetheCeltics
votes: 51
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8155

It will be someone who Lebron approves of and likes. That’s how it goes. I wouldn’t be surprised if Ty Lue got the job. Better chance if him than Kidd or Mark Jackson.

lakerdudeinindy
votes: 15
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1429

IhatetheCeltics wrote:
It will be someone who Lebron approves of and likes. That’s how it goes. I wouldn’t be surprised if Ty Lue got the job. Better chance if him than Kidd or Mark Jackson.

True. But I would hate to see that. And I honestly don't think Lue is a bad coach per say, BUT the LeBron effect has him almost pigeon holed as more of a placeholder than an actually coach. As soon as LeBron left he was canned. Whether he was given a chance or not, he looks like the guy who can't coach unless LeBron is on the team.

lakerdudeinindy
votes: 15
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1429

kkennon1 wrote:
I know right. Lol

On another note ,whoever the Lakers get, they better fix team around Lebron, or another coach isn't going to make much difference, I'm amazed how Brad Stevens gets a pass with Celtics being bad, if it wasn't for Eastern conference ,They'd be a lottery team in west.

Shows how team chemistry abd player fit have to be right for coaches to succeed in this league .

I think Stevens (fair or not) gets a pass due to their success of last year, in how he got his players to go all in last year. This year dealing with a quirky Irving and shoe horning Hayward in the lineup has caused MAJOR issues. He gets a more favorable pass because of the Celtics roster and he still seems to have a system in place compared to Walton, who at this point NO ONE knows his system, sub patterns.

It's funny, some on here, as well as the media touched on how the veterans volatile personalities could effect the team and I think it has made it REAL hard on Walton, plus Walton is scared of LeBron...MHO of course.

kkennon1
votes: 23
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14357
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif

lakerdudeinindy wrote:
True. But I would hate to see that. And I honestly don't think Lue is a bad coach per say, BUT the LeBron effect has him almost pigeon holed as more of a placeholder than an actually coach. As soon as LeBron left he was canned. Whether he was given a chance or not, he looks like the guy who can't coach unless LeBron is on the team.

Team was built around Lebron, don't think any coach would have a chance once he left.

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16785
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

lakerdudeinindy wrote:
I thought he did too. But, his name tends to come up in coaching vacancies.

I just finished listening to espn 710 Los Angeles and SAS kept reiterating that the lakers especially Magic and Lebron are very fascinated with Rivers. It was actually Rondo who convinced Lebron that Rivers would be the perfect match for him...according to SAS. SAS also said something about Rivers being able to get out of the contract after the end of this season. He said if it goes thru they would also try to get Thibs as the defensive co-ord and retain B.Shaw as an assistant. Remember Thibs and Rivers were together in Boston.

PS: I know SAS is loud mouth and all that... but he does have some gravitas in the league.

lakerdudeinindy
votes: 15
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1429
MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
I just finished listening to espn 710 Los Angeles and SAS kept reiterating that the lakers especially Magic and Lebron are very fascinated with Rivers. It was actually Rondo who convinced Lebron that Rivers would be the perfect match for him...according to SAS. SAS also said something about Rivers being able to get out of the contract after the end of this season. He said if it goes through they would also try to get Thibs as the defensive co-ord and retain B.Shaw as an assistant. Remember Thibs and Rivers were together in Boston. PS: I know SAS is....

kkennon1
votes: 23
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14357
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif

lakerdudeinindy wrote:
I think Stevens (fair or not) gets a pass due to their success of last year, in how he got his players to go all in last year. This year dealing with a quirky Irving and shoe horning Hayward in the lineup has caused MAJOR issues. He gets a more favorable pass because of the Celtics roster and he still seems to have a system in place compared to Walton, who at this point NO ONE knows his system, sub patterns.

It's funny, some on here, as well as the media touched on how the veterans volatile personalities could effect the team and I think it has made it REAL hard on Walton, plus Walton is scared of LeBron...MHO of course.

Probably right, but don't think coaches in NBA have much power it's a star driven league, think it comes down to how many great players are on team, as far as having any chance at getting a Chip.

Think a great coach with good system can get you to playoffs possibly, but don't think they have a chance at really making a serious run to finals without a few very good players. Imo

lakerdudeinindy
votes: 15
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1429

kkennon1 wrote:
Probably right, but don't think coaches in NBA have much power it's a star driven league, think it comes down to how many great players are on team, as far as having any chance at getting a Chip.

Think a great coach with good system can get you to playoffs possibly, but don't think they have a chance at really making a serious run to finals without a few very good players. Imo

Yeah. Pop was the last system guy to win something without MAJOR stars. Big fan of what he does. Kerr has a system and GREAT players.

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16785
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

lakerdudeinindy wrote:
LOL....VERY LOUD mouth. But, if he is not going overboard with the bluster, he sometimes has decent insight, but he can be VERY over the top and I tend to tune him out, even when he sometimes is right. But, if this goes down...wow! I mean Rivers would be different and not who I would expect. Thibs back as an assistant is hard to see, he seems to be stuck on being a head coach, though he tends to rub EVERYONE wrong.

I’m on board with Rivers because of the way he optimized a depleted clippers roster and made them fight through their skin. His teams are known for their grit and never give in attitude. He also demands accountability from his star players. And lastly he’s won a chip so that would help while coaching a guy like Lebron.

Actually I wish this goes through. If thibs does not land a HC gig, I don’t see any reason why he wouldn’t like to reunite with Doc while raising his stock again for the future.

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16785
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

Just remembered, they were also saying that they would try to get Monty Williams on board as an assistant along with Thibs and B.shaw.

Doc rivers, M.Williams, Thibs....let this happen. Lol.

kkennon1
votes: 23
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14357
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif

lakerdudeinindy wrote:
Yeah. Pop was the last system guy to win something without MAJOR stars. Big fan of what he does. Kerr has a system and GREAT players.

What did Pop win without stars? Not a Championship.

Him and system can get team to playoffs, but I wouldn't give them any chance at a title.

kkennon1
votes: 23
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14357
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
I’m on board with Rivers because of the way he optimized a depleted clippers roster and made them fight through their skin. His teams are known for their grit and never give in attitude. He also demands accountability from his star players. And lastly he’s won a chip so that would help while coaching a guy like Lebron.

Actually I wish this goes through. If thibs does not land a HC gig, I don’t see any reason why he wouldn’t like to reunite with Doc while raising his stock again for the future.

I'd love for this to happen, think Rivers would be a coach that Lebron would respect, if there is such a thing. Lol

PurpNGoldcity
votes: 0
NewsSurge Newbie
Posts: 35

My wishlist Kidd,Lue,mark Jackson and mike krzyzewski.

JJCali
votes: 22
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8544

us.gif

It’s pathetic that we’re having this conversation right now. As of last year everyone was high on Luke Walton, including Magic Johnson! Hmm, what’s changed since then?

Sadly, I think Luke will be gone. Magic and Lebum need to be shipped out instead of Luke.

kkennon1
votes: 23
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14357
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif

JJCali wrote:
It’s pathetic that we’re having this conversation right now. As of last year everyone was high on Luke Walton, including Magic Johnson! Hmm, what’s changed since then?

Sadly, I think Luke will be gone. Magic and Lebum need to be shipped out instead of Luke.

Magic didn't hire Luke and was rumored to want him replaced right after season started. Jeanie didn't want him gone, I was Luke supporter, but don't think he's done a good job this season as far as improving system or player rotations.

Think Luke biggest mistake was not bringing in a more vet coaching staff around him.

Everything also changed when they signed a superstar, didn't matter what superstar it was, Lebron or anyone else would put this team in win now mode .

lakerdudeinindy
votes: 15
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1429

kkennon1 wrote:
What did Pop win without stars? Not a Championship.

Him and system can get team to playoffs, but I wouldn't give them any chance at a title.

LOL....forgot that Kawhi Leonard was with the team, BUT....he was not regarded as a superstar yet and Parker, Ginobli and Duncan were winding down, so that's where I was going with that. Kerr does a combination of both. He runs a system AND has the stars to run it.

lakerdudeinindy
votes: 15
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1429

kkennon1 wrote:
Magic didn't hire Luke and was rumored to want him replaced right after season started. Jeanie didn't want him gone, I was Luke supporter, but don't think he's done a good job this season as far as improving system or player rotations.

Think Luke biggest mistake was not bringing in a more vet coaching staff around him.

Everything also changed when they signed a superstar, didn't matter what superstar it was, Lebron or anyone else would put this team in win now mode .

I heard that Magic, believe or not was mad at Luke for not having a more veteran staff and not enough coaches to also develop players. I was kinda shocked to read that, but the few coaches that are there has not really done much for the Lakers at this point.

kkennon1
votes: 23
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14357
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif

lakerdudeinindy wrote:
I heard that Magic, believe or not was mad at Luke for not having a more veteran staff and not enough coaches to also develop players. I was kinda shocked to read that, but the few coaches that are there has not really done much for the Lakers at this point.

userpete1037
votes: 18
LNS HOF Platinum
Posts: 20317
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif

Luke will be fine. He'll have a very soft landing spot with the UCLA Bruins.

kkennon1
votes: 23
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14357
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif

userpete1037 wrote:
Luke will be fine. He'll have a very soft landing spot with the UCLA Bruins.

That would be nice, hope he upgrades his staff.

userpete1037
votes: 18
LNS HOF Platinum
Posts: 20317
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif

kkennon1 wrote:
That would be nice, hope he upgrades his staff.

No need. What they are doing will work in college.

FrankBecerra
votes: 2
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1584
Location: Staples Center

Magic is trying to lay blame on the coaching staff, when he promised to bring in another star last year and we ended up with old dudes. I’m also hearing that he is blaming Rob. If Mitch and Jim made this kind of mess everyone would be upset. I appears that Magic is scrabbling to put the blame on others shoulders.

kkennon1
votes: 23
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14357
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif

userpete1037 wrote:
No need. What they are doing will work in college.

Disagree, but okay.

Than think he should upgrade some of them. Lol

Get some guys with recruiting experience.

lakerdudeinindy
votes: 15
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1429

FrankBecerra wrote:
Magic is trying to lay blame on the coaching staff, when he promised to bring in another star last year and we ended up with old dudes. I’m also hearing that he is blaming Rob. If Mitch and Jim made this kind of mess everyone would be upset. I appears that Magic is scrabbling to put the blame on others shoulders.

Seems to be Lakers culture now. No one takes responsibility and the fans get to see this mess. Magic and Pelinka screwed this up MAJORLY and is so far showing that they are VERY hit and miss as executives.

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16785
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

Listening to all these talking heads/nba junkies, it appears that Ty Lue is all set to be the new head coach. I was slightly apprehensive initially, but then I realized that he had taken the Cavs team to multiple final appearances which includes a title against the 73-9 GSW. Also the fact that he is an ex laker...if that’s any consolation. Lol.

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16785
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

FrankBecerra wrote:
Magic is trying to lay blame on the coaching staff, when he promised to bring in another star last year and we ended up with old dudes. I’m also hearing that he is blaming Rob. If Mitch and Jim made this kind of mess everyone would be upset. I appears that Magic is scrabbling to put the blame on others shoulders.

I keep hearing that Rob is viewed as a liability. Mostly coming through SAS. Lol. There are rumors that league execs refuse to take his calls and insist on speaking with Magic only. His reputation as an agent was not exactly unblemished according to some sources. Can’t understand how you install first timers (both Magic/Rob) for such a prestigious FO role. But then again, they were offered this gig by Jeannie. They never forced themselves...something which is being overlooked by folks. Just a microcosm of how the lakers are being run.


Options Quick Reply: RE: Next Laker Coach?
register
You are an anonymous user- or .
Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
Notify me when a reply is posted
Don't Check Spelling
Note: Twitter & Youtube BBCODE Tags are no longer necessary. The system will automatically convert links to tweets & youtube videos.
   


   
   
register
You are an anonymous user- Register now or Log in Now!