Lakers at Charlotte Hornets Game Day 2018-12-15

Lakers Forum » Lakers Game Day
Author Search This Topic:
 
Dave
votes: 45
Site Admin
Posts: 5373

us.gif
 

Please post your predictions for the game against the Charlotte Hornets. The guys must do what well to get the victory? Which Hornets player should Los Angeles be wary of? Will the game be a high-scoring affair or low-scoring? Which Laker will step up this game?

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16777
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

userpete1037
votes: 18
LNS HOF Platinum
Posts: 20286
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif

LBJ will put on clinic tonight.

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16777
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

Some dumb azz plays by Hart on both ends of the floor. His perimeter defense is really overrated.

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16777
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

Why is Hart on the floor?

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16777
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

Cmon pope...put up a show, you ain’t getting traded...at least not for now. Lol.

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16777
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

This lebron’s FT struggles are getting borderline embarrassing. Smh

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16777
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

Mcgee show today.

VS
votes: 53
LNS HOF Bronze

Posts: 8024

us.gif

I love this team. So much fun to watch.

Glad that they were able to blow the Hornets out. We can rest the starters and hopefully still give us a chance to win tomorrow on the second Half of a back to back.

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16777
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

Ball: 14/7/8 and 5 steals. I’m sure some of his die hard fans out here will give him his due...you know the ones who appear out of the woodwork to rip the crap out of him. Lol

Addendum: triple double for Ball. 16/10/10/5 steals

Axle
votes: 71
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 15015
Location: Axle

Why can't lakers play like this every time. They are giving the Hornets a spanking. Even Ball has made three point shots which had become very rare.

Axle
votes: 71
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 15015
Location: Axle

Zubac can not defend anybody.

Axle
votes: 71
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 15015
Location: Axle

It is about time Zo does something towards his offense. He was MIA.

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16777
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

Tempy
votes: 51
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12893
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif

Axle wrote:
It is about time Zo does something towards his offense. He was MIA.

Dude, if I was a Kobe hater, you are most definitely a Ball hater.

Axle
votes: 71
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 15015
Location: Axle

Tempy wrote:
Dude, if I was a Kobe hater, you are most definitely a Ball hater.

I never said that I hated Ball. I have made it very clear that he is a horrible three point shooter and that his offense should come other ways, yet he hangs around the three point line all the time. That sux: I will be honest about it, I DO NOT LIKE IT.

Lakers had a good game against a weak team. Lets see how they do tomorrow against the Wizards.

Angeluus
votes: 2
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 972

Hell of a game folks. Let's hope the Clippers lose so we can move up.

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16777
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

Tempy wrote:
Dude, if I was a Kobe hater, you are most definitely a Ball hater.

There is a stark difference between being objective and hating. Unfortunately some petty individuals hold eternal grudges when their idol gets critiqued. It subsequently manifests itself through some venomous (pun intended) and spiteful posts fueled by vindictiveness. This is not a healthy way to live. Lmao.

Tempy
votes: 51
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12893
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif

Axle wrote:
I never said that I hated Ball. I have made it very clear that he is a horrible three point shooter and that his offense should come other ways, yet he hangs around the three point line all the time. That sux: I will be honest about it, I DO NOT LIKE IT.

Lakers had a good game against a weak team. Lets see how they do tomorrow against the Wizards.

I have never said I hate Kobe, but YOU still called me a hater despite legitimate critique of his game.

So just to confirm, you did like, or should I say you loved, PLAYER A shooting 7, that is SEVEN, 3's a night at 28.5% but you do not like PLAYER B shooting 4 a night at 30.2% despite having to sit at the 3 point line to give LBJ space to drive?

Yup that makes perfect sense.

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16777
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

BaadMaster
votes: 98
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8624

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:

Any of you against getting LeBron it is time to own up!

Axle
votes: 71
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 15015
Location: Axle

Tempy wrote:
I have never said I hate Kobe, but YOU still called me a hater despite legitimate critique of his game.

So just to confirm, you did like, or should I say you loved, PLAYER A shooting 7, that is SEVEN, 3's a night at 28.5% but you do not like PLAYER B shooting 4 a night at 30.2% despite having to sit at the 3 point line to give LBJ space to drive?

Yup that makes perfect sense.

Why do you keep bringing Kobe into this forum. You judge Kobe on what he done when he tried to come back from a serious injury. How about the other seventeen years and with most he is a top five in the nba (except YOU). Leave the man alone already, he is retired and respected by most in the world. You just want to start a fight every time I post something.

I am not the only one that does not like Ball shooting three's. Check this forum and there are many that agree with me. We have all said that he should drive and layup the ball, or dunk. But you are jumping up and down because he made two tonight. What is the record now 2-40???? LMAO!

ralppcobarde
votes: 28
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 6183

rp.gif

Lonzo Ball over his last 4 game is holding the opposition pg to(15.38%) FG%

-Mike Conley (1-4)

-Goran Dragic (3-9)

-Chris Paul (0-4)

-Kemba Walker (0-9)

We can speak about Lonzo’s offense but you can say enough how his defense have been impressive.

userpete1037
votes: 18
LNS HOF Platinum
Posts: 20286
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif

LBJ and Zo with triple dubs...wow.

Tempy
votes: 51
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12893
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif

BaadMaster wrote:
Any of you against getting LeBron it is time to own up!

I don't think anyone was against LeBron, but it's year 1 of his deal. Let's see what he is putting up year 3 and 4.

Tempy
votes: 51
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12893
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif


Repped High Quality Post

Axle wrote:
Why do you keep bringing Kobe into this forum. You judge Kobe on what he done when he tried to come back from a serious injury. How about the other seventeen years and with most he is a top five in the nba (except YOU). Leave the man alone already, he is retired and respected by most in the world. You just want to start a fight every time I post something.

I am not the only one that does not like Ball shooting three's. Check this forum and there are many that agree with me. We have all said that he should drive and layup the ball, or dunk. But you are jumping up and down because he made two tonight. What is the record now 2-40???? LMAO!

No, I want to show that you are a hater of Ball. I am using the exact logic that you use on me. If what I said about Kobe makes me a hater you are a Ball hater. Instead of giving props to Ball for having a great game you still give him a hard time.

There is one thing that I can say is that I am consitent, I don't critique one guy for something but ignore those same inconsistencies with someone else. You're a hypocrite, plain and simple.

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16777
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

Tempy wrote:
No, I want to show that you are a hater of Ball. I am using the exact logic that you use on me. If what I said about Kobe makes me a hater you are a Ball hater. Instead of giving props to Ball for having a great game you still give him a hard time.

There is one thing that I can say is that I am consitent, I don't critique one guy for something but ignore those same inconsistencies with someone else. You're a hypocrite, plain and simple.

Unfortunately according to the system I have exhausted my quota of reps for you. Hopefully someone would give one on my behalf. Lol.

gemfow
votes: 181
LNS HOF Silver

Posts: 12402
Location: Maryland
us.gif

Tempy wrote:
I don't think anyone was against LeBron, but it's year 1 of his deal. Let's see what he is putting up year 3 and 4.

I was against the Lakers acquiring Lebron. I try to think of the long game and not the short game of we made it to the playoffs. One reason I was totally against his acquisition is because management would try hard to try to win a ring and shape the roster within his four years which meant sacrificing youth no matter how good they are or how much they improve

BaadMaster
votes: 98
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8624

gemfow wrote:
I was against the Lakers acquiring Lebron. I try to think of the long game and not the short game of we made it to the playoffs. One reason I was totally against his acquisition is because management would try hard to try to win a ring and shape the roster within his four years which meant sacrificing youth no matter how good they are or how much they improve

At least you own up to it. We're 18-11 with LeBron. Not too shabby.

In this case, you were dead wrong. Simple as that.

And I love watching this team. We are in every game. We could easily be 21-8!

PLAYOFFS!!!!

Pretty much thanks to King James!

Tempy
votes: 51
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12893
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif

BaadMaster wrote:
At least you own up to it. We're 18-11 with LeBron. Not too shabby.

In this case, you were dead wrong. Simple as that.

And I love watching this team. We are in every game. We could easily be 21-8!

PLAYOFFS!!!!

Pretty much thanks to King James!

I don't think anyone is surprised that they have a better record but you can't say this was an inspired signing after 29 games.

If the young core are still here and the roster is improved upon in the summer I will gladly say that signing was the catalyst for it all.

On the flip side, if the FO enter win now mode and flip the young players for something and then the franchise doesn't win a championship, do you consider signing LBJ as a success? Ultimately you can't sign LBJ and say you are not chasing a championship.

kkennon1
votes: 23
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14354
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif

Tempy wrote:
I don't think anyone is surprised that they have a better record but you can't say this was an inspired signing after 29 games.

If the young core are still here and the roster is improved upon in the summer I will gladly say that signing was the catalyst for it all.

On the flip side, if the FO enter win now mode and flip the young players for something and then the franchise doesn't win a championship, do you consider signing LBJ as a success? Ultimately you can't sign LBJ and say you are not chasing a championship.

My only question to that is , if they didn't sign Lebron, do any of this core look like they would or could lead a team into the playoffs? Let alone to a Championship. Personally I don't see it, and I was tired of Tank mode. Lol

But they Also have to get another star to want to come here, we'll see!!!

Axle
votes: 71
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 15015
Location: Axle

I was against signing LeBron James also. I would have wanted for the five the Lakers drafted including Randle had given more time to develop and mature as true nba players. Let them get at least to the age of 23 and see what we had, then go after a couple of players to inspire these youth movement of better things to come. LeBron is a good player do not get me wrong. But brought to the Lakers at the wrong time and his age is critical in the development of the young players. LeBron is ready for a ring, but have the young players developed to where they can help him out or are they intimidated by the pressure of playing with a LeBron.

Lakers will not win a championship this season, but Magic is getting impatient and is already talking about Luke might not be the right coach for this Laker group. Only thing Luke has the owner in his side. Jeanie Buss has thrown all her support behind Luke Walton. But Magic and Perlinka think that maybe Luke is not the right coach.

But you do not know what to believe coming out of Magics mouth because he told Ingram to take his time on coming back from the ankle sprain. But I would bet that Magic would trade Ingram in a second if he could get a better player. Ingram should not get too comfortable staying out milking an ankle sprain. His job might be on the trading block if he is not careful.

Then we have Lavar threatening Magic if he traded Ball, plus he wants the Lakers to sign up his other two sons. What clown!

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16777
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

kkennon1
votes: 23
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14354
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif

Axle wrote:
I was against signing LeBron James also. I would have wanted for the five the Lakers drafted including Randle had given more time to develop and mature as true nba players. Let them get at least to the age of 23 and see what we had, then go after a couple of players to inspire these youth movement of better things to come. LeBron is a good player do not get me wrong. But brought to the Lakers at the wrong time and his age is critical in the development of the young players. LeBron is ready for a ring, but have the young players developed to where they can help him out or are they intimidated by the pressure of playing with a LeBron.

Lakers will not win a championship this season, but Magic is getting impatient and is already talking about Luke might not be the right coach for this Laker group. Only thing Luke has the owner in his side. Jeanie Buss has thrown all her support behind Luke Walton. But Magic and Perlinka think that maybe Luke is not the right coach.

But you do not know what to believe coming out of Magics mouth because he told Ingram to take his time on coming back from the ankle sprain. But I would bet that Magic would trade Ingram in a second if he could get a better player. Ingram should not get too comfortable staying out milking an ankle sprain. His job might be on the trading block if he is not careful.

Then we have Lavar threatening Magic if he traded Ball, plus he wants the Lakers to sign up his other two sons. What clown!

Well of course you trade him if you can get a better player, any team in league would trade a player to get a better one. Lol

Axle
votes: 71
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 15015
Location: Axle

Lets see how good they do against the Wizards. I want to see if Ball can make some three point shots. LOL

kkennon1
votes: 23
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14354
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif

Axle wrote:
Lets see how good they do against the Wizards. I want to see if Ball can make some three point shots. LOL

If he plays like last game ,he'll be just fine.

ralppcobarde
votes: 28
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 6183

rp.gif

If we didn't sign LBJ i felt we won't make the playoffs again this year. Just look how tight Western Conference is. We might sneak in 8th seed. But you have Kings,Spurs,Mavs,Rockets and Jazz al on your throat.

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16777
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

I feel the kids will benefit greatly learning from the best player in the world, at such an early stage in their respective careers. It’s true he’s ball dominant but he also plays the right(unselfish) way with team oriented leadership and that’s a great education on the fly for the youngsters. Great players will figure out how to make it work. There will be very few off days when you are expected to play at a very high level with the best player in the world. Imho this will speed up their development. If they beat the wizards today they would be tied for the 3rd spot in the Western conference. Winning is contagious and eventually becomes a habit.

kkennon1
votes: 23
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14354
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif

ralppcobarde wrote:
If we didn't sign LBJ i felt we won't make the playoffs again this year. Just look how tight Western Conference is. We might sneak in 8th seed. But you have Kings,Spurs,Mavs,Rockets and Jazz al on your throat.

I think without him they're Tanking for top 3 pick again. Imo

Tempy
votes: 51
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12893
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif

kkennon1 wrote:
My only question to that is , if they didn't sign Lebron, do any of this core look like they would or could lead a team into the playoffs? Let alone to a Championship. Personally I don't see it, and I was tired of Tank mode. Lol

But they Also have to get another star to want to come here, we'll see!!!

That is an all ifs and buts question. If they don't get LBJ do they keep Randle, do they sign other players that fit? I've been pretty tough on Ingram but he is in year 3 and Ball year 2. None of them should be looking like superstars at this point, they weren't drafted as franchise altering players, so why are people expecting them to be?

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16777
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

Edit: please disregard my last post....after today’s azz kicking. LMAO


Options Quick Reply: RE: Lakers at Charlotte Hornets Game Day 2018-12-15
register
You are an anonymous user- or .
Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
Notify me when a reply is posted
Don't Check Spelling
Note: Twitter & Youtube BBCODE Tags are no longer necessary. The system will automatically convert links to tweets & youtube videos.
   


   
   
register
You are an anonymous user- Register now or Log in Now!