Will Luke Walton Be Fired? (P. 2)

Lakers Forum » Lakers General Discussions
Author Search This Topic:
 
FrankBecerra
votes: 2
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1585
Location: Staples Center

Ops, I meant Rondo yelling at everyone.

Ray
votes: 25
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1686
Location: Ray

Tempy wrote:
No, but to anyone who has watched him over the year's, it was clear he wasn't in his prime. Which is the problem, you don't sign players to max deals after their prime years. You are paying for what they achieved not what they are going to achieve.

The roster and the play style that Luke wants to play is clearly not going to suit his play style either. Who in their right mind thinks they can play at such a high pace with a soon to be 34 year old, at 35 mins a night and still expect him to defend?

As for the roster, look at every team he has been on that has won a championship. An elite scoring guard (Wade/Irving), a big that would be a solid 2 on any other team (Bosh/Love) and 3 point shooters like Ray Allen and Korver.

Magic expects who exactly to be the wingman? Is McGee the star big man? Where are the 3 point shooters? The roster is not balanced and hasn't been balanced for years!

You guys fall for the hype and the smoke and mirrors moves Every.Single.Year. LBJ is here for the money and to build his brand for his post basketball career. Magic signed him to get the Lakers, and by extension himself back into the limelight.

LBJ is not the guy that's going to bring a championship here any time soon. Unfortunately that is the cold reality of where the Lakers are at.

Paying LeBron 37 million for his current stats line: 27 / 8 / 8 is a good deal in the NBA for getting a player in Free Agency. There has never been a player like LeBron in regards to his longevity, nobody even close. Even in his last year of his contract I bet he puts up 25 / 6 / 7.

I agree in general Lebron needs shooters on his team. But in reality there is no way us or any team can get shooters that can beat Klay / Durrant / Curry in a 7 game series, so you have to take a different approach. Those 3 guys are basically the 3 best jump shooters in the league. Nobody is going to beat GSW at their own game, simple as that.

We do have shooters in on our team, as of today we are ranked 15th in 3p%, if you don't include our first game (7 of 30) then we would be ranked 10th in 3p%.

Lonzo: 38.8%

Ingram: 40%

Hart: 45.5%

Kuzma: 31.3% (should get more normal as the year goes on)

The typical basketball fan never thought LeBron would com here by himself and bring us a Championship. But if we do sign another all star next summer, I do think we will win with LeBron on our team. If we don't then know I do not think our team as we sit today will ever win a Championship.

Tempy
votes: 51
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12916
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif

Ray wrote:
Paying LeBron 37 million for his current stats line: 27 / 8 / 8 is a good deal in the NBA for getting a player in Free Agency. There has never been a player like LeBron in regards to his longevity, nobody even close. Even in his last year of his contract I bet he puts up 25 / 6 / 7.

I agree in general Lebron needs shooters on his team. But in reality there is no way us or any team can get shooters that can beat Klay / Durrant / Curry in a 7 game series, so you have to take a different approach. Those 3 guys are basically the 3 best jump shooters in the league. Nobody is going to beat GSW at their own game, simple as that.

We do have shooters in on our team, as of today we are ranked 15th in 3p%, if you don't include our first game (7 of 30) then we would be ranked 10th in 3p%.

Lonzo: 38.8%

Ingram: 40%

Hart: 45.5%

Kuzma: 31.3% (should get more normal as the year goes on)

The typical basketball fan never thought LeBron would com here by himself and bring us a Championship. But if we do sign another all star next summer, I do think we will win with LeBron on our team. If we don't then know I do not think our team as we sit today will ever win a Championship.

I'll take you up on that bet. There is no way he puts up those stats in the 4th year of his deal. What are we betting? I'd happily put down $10k on that bet. No person in Vegas would even contemplate taking that bet.

As for his current stats, he just had the summer off and is relatively fresh. Let's see what he posts the last ten games of the season when he isn't so well rested.

If your not going to include the 1st game of the season, I won't include the game where they shot 58.8% against Dallas so that would have the team At 34% which is 21st in the league. It's very easy to manipulate stats to your convenience.

It is all IFS, if LBJ can keep up this level of play, IF the fo sign someone in the summer, IF the young core can develop into good to great players. That is a lot of ifs to look for to get the Lakers back into contention don't you think?

FrankBecerra
votes: 2
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1585
Location: Staples Center

It’s a shame that This will be Luke’s finale year of coaching the Lakes. It’s a shame that this falls on his shoulders just because LeBron is upset. I’m guess that we will seeLou coaching here next since LeBron has approved this change

Ray
votes: 25
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1686
Location: Ray

Tempy wrote:
I'll take you up on that bet. There is no way he puts up those stats in the 4th year of his deal. What are we betting? I'd happily put down $10k on that bet. No person in Vegas would even contemplate taking that bet.

As for his current stats, he just had the summer off and is relatively fresh. Let's see what he posts the last ten games of the season when he isn't so well rested.

If your not going to include the 1st game of the season, I won't include the game where they shot 58.8% against Dallas so that would have the team At 34% which is 21st in the league. It's very easy to manipulate stats to your convenience.

It is all IFS, if LBJ can keep up this level of play, IF the fo sign someone in the summer, IF the young core can develop into good to great players. That is a lot of ifs to look for to get the Lakers back into contention don't you think?

In regards to manipulating stats, I only choose the first game because they went a ridiculous 0-15 until late into the game. It is very common actually to remove the best and worse when determining some kind of avg. So if indeed we removed both of those game. They are shooting 35% which is where they sit at right now. I guess I was just trying to show they had a bad start on 3p% to start the season. First 2 games they were 15 for 64. However since then they have picked it up. in the next 9 games they have only had 1 bad game in regards to 3p% (Raptors).

I would be willing to make some kind of gentlemen's (paypal) bet with you about Lakers finishing top 10 in 3p% for the entire year?

Can you name a Championship team that didn't have "ifs" involved in winning or losing? So I don't by into the whole notion for us to win with LeBron a bunch of "ifs" have to happen. Of course that is the case. Every team has "ifs" when we are talking about them maybe winning it all. Lets rewind like 5 year for GSW. Here are some "ifs" they needed in order to win 3 of the last 4 rings.

They needed Curry to become and MVP and best shooter ever.

They needed Klay to become top 5 shooter ever.

They needed a 2nd round pick in green to become a DPOY.

They needed Durrant to sign with them.

They needed Curry to be injured and give him cheap contract to afford Durant.

They needed Curry who was once refereed to as "Glass ankles", to basically never have a major problem again in his career so far.

If any of of that stuff doesn't happen they could of not won some of those championships.

Ray
votes: 25
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1686
Location: Ray

FrankBecerra wrote:
It’s a shame that This will be Luke’s finale year of coaching the Lakes. It’s a shame that this falls on his shoulders just because LeBron is upset. I’m guess that we will seeLou coaching here next since LeBron has approved this change

Lue is garage coach, Cavs literally have the exact same team from last year minus LeBron. He's gone and Lue can't even win a game. Only thing Lue has going for him, is LeBron likes him. Any respected coach that LeBron liked could have coached the Cavs to the last 4 finals.

Axle
votes: 71
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 15024
Location: Axle

Lue is not coming to the Lakers, and I doubt the Lakers will fire Luke.

I have to agree with Ed Schrenzel's article on Lake Show Life that the lakers have to be patient and build with the young core that we have. some fans here in this forum are in panic mode. They shouldn't be, that is what they wanted four years ago was to blow up the team and start from scratch. So far I think it is all going according to plan. Only thing I did not like was bring the aging LeBron to the Lakers expecting too much out of a super star that is already 33 years old. Another thing I did not like was letting Randle go to the Pelicans. He is doing great down there. We could have used somebody that was not afraid to bang with the big boys on the painted area. But that is water under the bridge now and I hope Magic does not make anymore mistakes and start trading Kuz, Ingram, Ball or Hart.

I do not believe LeBron is asking the organization to let Luke go and get Lue. That would be a real big mistake.

kkennon1
votes: 23
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14360
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
Axle wrote:
Lue is not coming to the Lakers, and I doubt the Lakers will fire Luke. I have to agree with Ed Schrenzel's article on Lake Show Life that the lakers have to be patient and build with the young core that we have. some fans here in this forum are in panic mode. They shouldn't be, that is what they wanted four years ago was to blow up the team and start from scratch. So far I think it is all going according to plan. Only thing I did not like was bring the aging LeBron to....

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16795
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

kkennon1 wrote:
He doesn't have to ask, he's already wheeling and dealing. Lmao!!!

That’s lebron’s boy anyways. Lol.


Options Quick Reply: RE: Will Luke Walton Be Fired?
register
You are an anonymous user- or .
Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
Notify me when a reply is posted
Don't Check Spelling
Note: Twitter & Youtube BBCODE Tags are no longer necessary. The system will automatically convert links to tweets & youtube videos.
   


   
   
register
You are an anonymous user- Register now or Log in Now!