Seven Games In!

Lakers News Surge Forum/Message Board » Lakers General Discussions
Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Search This Topic:
 
BaadMaster
LNS HOF Bronze
 Avatar
Posts: 8069
votes: 98

It is now past five games in and I said I would comment at that point.

  1. LeBron is still very good. I am thrilled he is a Laker. But he is not "the best player on the planet." He cannot take over close games anymore. Especially when surrounded by three blind mice.

  2. Because of this, we have to trade for/draft three point shooters. We get killed when the other side hits threes down the stretch. Exhibit A: Jimmy Butler.

  3. Since Kuzma -- D or no D -- is the only bonafide three point shooter on our club, he must start and get a lot of minutes -- especially at the end of close games.

  4. JaVale is a fine center. But he needs a backup. Surely there is a #2 big man around. Luke: we cannot play small ball. We do not have the shooters. If need be, use Zubac, no matter how raw he is.

  5. Lance has star potential. He MUST GET major minutes. Plus he clicks with LeBron. "Lance can dance!"

  6. If Ingram can't shoot, trade his a**. He ain't no superstar if he can't shoot.

  7. Zo starts. Period. Rondo comes off the bench. Simple as that.

  8. Zvi is a waste except in practise where he never misses. Trade him. A bum.

  9. I have no idea what to do about Hart. He is a mystery. But trade the Pope for sure.

  10. Just like the Rams got good when they hired a supreme coach, we need a REAL coach. Luke sucks. It is that simple.

And those are my observations for what they are worth.

Your opinions?


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14636
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 65

These guys are literally auditioning themselves in front of Lebron and the front office. I’m sure some of them are not going to be around when the dust settles. They should have made a focused/concerted effort at getting KAwhi when they had the opportunity. You can make some noise in the East with one superstar. But this is the wild Wild West and sometimes even 3 stars ain’t enough. Maybe Randle could have been the other star? We shall never know.

This goes against the grain and against my long standing philosophy of persisting with the development of young talent, but all bets were off when they signed Lebron. They obviously didn't sign him to chaperone some of the problem kids we have on the team. You have to be in a “win now” mode when you sign the world’s best player. You have a limited window of opportunity (4yrs), and looks like they just wasted one out of the four.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 18055
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

Right now it seems it's too many chefs in the kitchen......


ralppcobarde
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 5912

rp.gif
votes: 27

Seven Games in and we are panicking...lol


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13187
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 20

BaadMaster wrote:
It is now past five games in and I said I would comment at that point.

  1. LeBron is still very good. I am thrilled he is a Laker. But he is not "the best player on the planet." He cannot take over close games anymore. Especially when surrounded by three blind mice.

  2. Because of this, we have to trade for/draft three point shooters. We get killed when the other side hits threes down the stretch. Exhibit A: Jimmy Butler.

  3. Since Kuzma -- D or no D -- is the only bonafide three point shooter on our club, he must start and get a lot of minutes -- especially at the end of close games.

  4. JaVale is a fine center. But he needs a backup. Surely there is a #2 big man around. Luke: we cannot play small ball. We do not have the shooters. If need be, use Zubac, no matter how raw he is.

  5. Lance has star potential. He MUST GET major minutes. Plus he clicks with LeBron. "Lance can dance!"

  6. If Ingram can't shoot, trade his a**. He ain't no superstar if he can't shoot.

  7. Zo starts. Period. Rondo comes off the bench. Simple as that.

  8. Zvi is a waste except in practise where he never misses. Trade him. A bum.

  9. I have no idea what to do about Hart. He is a mystery. But trade the Pope for sure.

  10. Just like the Rams got good when they hired a supreme coach, we need a REAL coach. Luke sucks. It is that simple.

And those are my observations for what they are worth.

Your opinions?

None of what you mentioned matters until they start playing some DEFENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!


FrankBecerra
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1285
Location: Staples Center
votes: 1

LeBROn is getting upset with the players and Luke’s. He warned everyone that they don’t want him to get upset. In closing he added that he was serious. Luke better get things turned and start listening to the coaching tips that LeBRON is throwing down. Why fight it Luke, just start listening to LeBRON and do things his way


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13187
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 20

FrankBecerra wrote:
LeBROn is getting upset with the players and Luke’s. He warned everyone that they don’t want him to get upset. In closing he added that he was serious. Luke better get things turned and start listening to the coaching tips that LeBRON is throwing down. Why fight it Luke, just start listening to LeBRON and do things his way

LeBron needs to get upset with himself and his terrible defense, before getting upset at some one else. Lol


BaadMaster
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8069
votes: 98

Tyronn Lue................................Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!


FrankBecerra
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1285
Location: Staples Center
votes: 1

I hope LeBRON picks up his defense tonight and leads by example instead of criticizing others. I’m also wondering if the team chemistry will change when he starts getting upset? He’s warned everyone that you won’t want to be around him, perhaps this is why other stars don’t seem interested in joining the Lakes.


BaadMaster
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8069
votes: 98

It is starting to look like dissension is starting to rear its ugly head. I thought it eventually might, but only seven games in is a bit early, don't ya think?

As Han Solo said, "I am getting a bad feeling about this."


magic42157
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 582
votes: 7

It.....Is .....Only......7.....games! Remain calm.


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14636
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 65

kkennon1 wrote:
LeBron needs to get upset with himself and his terrible defense, before getting upset at some one else. Lol

And at those who picked up the groceries. Lol.


lakeshowsd
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14562
Location: North Bend, OR
us.gif
votes: 143

7 games, too early!

if they lose after tonight (8 games), then Panic button it up! LOL


lakers_fan_1995
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1904
Location: Riverside
votes: 3

lakeshowsd wrote:
7 games, too early!

if they lose after tonight (8 games), then Panic button it up! LOL

If we lose today I’m fighting somebody lmao


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14636
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 65

If they lose today....this will go up again.....Lmao


FrankBecerra
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1285
Location: Staples Center
votes: 1

Tear the tank down, the managed to squeak that one out


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14636
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 65

FrankBecerra wrote:
Tear the tank down, the managed to squeak that one out

The performance deserved a cavalcade of tanks.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 18055
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

So disable the gun?.....lmao.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13187
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 20

We need a better backup 5 when McGee is on bench.


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14636
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 65

kkennon1 wrote:
We need a better backup 5 when McGee is on bench.

Here’s another one.

In Spite of his buffoonery, I would still have Zubac on the floor over Williams. That’s a big body out there which can at least alter some shots and give you some rim protection. Why keep him then? Secondly you cannot learn off the bench if you don’t get reps. Lastly if they are looking to package him in a trade at least boost his trade value by giving him some mins. Some really head scratching decisions.


jrdogg29
Serious Laker Fan
Posts: 352
votes: 0

seven games and no need to panic.this team has had every opportunity to win .the problem is defense and it starts with Lebron .He plays None and i haven't seen the LEADER show by example.This team needs a Center small ball all the time is not gonna work.Everyone must accept their ROLE for the benefit of the team even if it mean u don't start.They just need to learn how to close teams out and stop defering to Lebron at the end of games.Please get him off the ball he is stopping the offense


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14636
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 65

It is so refreshing to see the objectivity (and critiques) in some of these posts. Especially the ones aimed at the leader. There was a time not too long ago when these very same observations were conveniently swept under the carpet due to blind idolatry.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 18055
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

kkennon1 wrote:
We need a better backup 5 when McGee is on bench.

Bynum......


slief
Serious Laker Fan
Age: 49
Posts: 367

us.gif
votes: 9

userpete1037 wrote:
Bynum......

What happened to his comeback? LOL.. He’s dropped off the radar again!


Tempy
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12176
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif
votes: 46

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
It is so refreshing to see the objectivity (and critiques) in some of these posts. Especially the ones aimed at the leader. There was a time not too long ago when these very same observations were conveniently swept under the carpet due to blind idolatry.

Sunk Cost fallacy. Kobe had put many years in and brought in numerous championships. He was given a pass and the buck was passed to players like Nash, D12 and Gasol. Or to the horrendous coaches the FO brought in.

LBJ is fair game because most fans don't have any sentiment towards him.

I've been critical of Kobe, Byron, the previous FO and numerous signings/trades these past few years but I'm classed as a hater because I don't look through the purple/gold tinted glasses. 🤷‍♂️


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13187
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 20

Hey Luke, maybe you might want to stop pulling Zo every time he gets going and Lakers are up.


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14636
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 65

kkennon1 wrote:
Hey Luke, maybe you might want to stop pulling Zo every time he gets going and Lakers are up.

And Lance. Wtf is his problem with Lance?


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Silver
 Avatar
Posts: 14636
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 65

Tempy wrote:
Sunk Cost fallacy. Kobe had put many years in and brought in numerous championships. He was given a pass and the buck was passed to players like Nash, D12 and Gasol. Or to the horrendous coaches the FO brought in.

LBJ is fair game because most fans don't have any sentiment towards him.

I've been critical of Kobe, Byron, the previous FO and numerous signings/trades these past few years but I'm classed as a hater because I don't look through the purple/gold tinted glasses. 🤷‍♂️

Just fans of individuals and not the team. Such a sorry state of affairs these days that some disappear for years and even jump ship once their idol retires. No support(or loyalty) when the chips are down. Want no part of the growing pains. Present only when the parades take place, or when a new sheriff comes to town. Lmao

I can understand an individual being worshipped for sports like golf and tennis. You see individual sports. But this is a team sport. Smh. That’s the reason laker fans get a bad rap throughout the league. The mural which got defaced was essentially a microcosm of the cult/tribal mentality which exists out here.


LAKERZ_DYNASTY101
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1951
votes: 5

For all of you that are fans of Anthony Davis and are hoping he signs with the purple and gold as a free agent... here is a quote from a recent espn article that is particularly interesting:

Anthony Davis on free agency:

"I got two years to '20-'21. I'm here and whatever happens after that happens," Davis told ESPN's The Undefeated. "For me, right now it is about being the most dominant player in the league and helping this team win.

Here is a link to the full article:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2514 ... ans-season


Tempy
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12176
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif
votes: 46

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
Just fans of individuals and not the team. Such a sorry state of affairs these days that some disappear for years and even jump ship once their idol retires. No support(or loyalty) when the chips are down. Want no part of the growing pains. Present only when the parades take place, or when a new sheriff comes to town. Lmao

I can understand an individual being worshipped for sports like golf and tennis. You see individual sports. But this is a team sport. Smh. That’s the reason laker fans get a bad rap throughout the league. The mural which got defaced was essentially a microcosm of the cult/tribal mentality which exists out here.

Pretty much nailed it. Not much else to add lol.

I didn't particularly want LBJ despite people claiming I was one of his fan boys when I would comment about him. For me it's similar to the D'Antoni hiring. Great guy, obviously talented just does not fit the roster that has been assembled.

Said it pre season that the vets brought in do not fit either. I will humbly say McGee has proved me completely wrong. He was an inspired signing. I just don't see how this is all going to work though. You can bring in 2 more superstars in the summer and LBJ is still going to have the ball in his hands with people standing around watching.

Other than Kuzma, and I'm stretching including him, no one is a reliable shooter. It's all ball handlers or misfits. (Shout out to KCP and Beasley).

So when people say they need time, time for what? Team mates to learn how to shoot? Luke to be fired? He certainly ain't going to change the offense. So what are we waiting for?

I just don't see the team being anything more than 0.500 at the end of the calendar year. With a pretty hard schedule through January and February they could struggle to make the playoffs.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13187
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 20

LAKERZ_DYNASTY101 wrote:
For all of you that are fans of Anthony Davis and are hoping he signs with the purple and gold as a free agent... here is a quote from a recent espn article that is particularly interesting:

Anthony Davis on free agency:

"I got two years to '20-'21. I'm here and whatever happens after that happens," Davis told ESPN's The Undefeated. "For me, right now it is about being the most dominant player in the league and helping this team win.

Here is a link to the full article:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2514 ... ans-season

What else is he going to say, I wait and see what happens if Pels miss playoffs or get knocked out early again.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 18055
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

kkennon1 wrote:
Hey Luke, maybe you might want to stop pulling Zo every time he gets going and Lakers are up.

Ol Cowturd at it again...lol. But I agree.


LAKERZ_DYNASTY101
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1951
votes: 5

kkennon1 wrote:
What else is he going to say, I wait and see what happens if Pels miss playoffs or get knocked out early again.

What I meant by interesting is that he mentioned “whatever happens after that....happens”, which entails that he is open to the possibility of moving on to another team.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13187
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 20

LAKERZ_DYNASTY101 wrote:
What I meant by interesting is that he mentioned “whatever happens after that....happens”, which entails that he is open to the possibility of moving on to another team.

Yeah, when he did his interview before training camp, he keep saying " I'm just concentrating on this season ".

Also find it interesting that he bought or built a new home in LA just when he signed with Rich Paul.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13187
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 20

No shot, but it's still early. Lol


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 18055
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

^^^

Then trade LBJ period.


Ray
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1440
Location: Ray
votes: 21
Not every move a team makes will work perfect, I think overall the signings of the 4 vets were good. If we had to sign all 4 or sign no of them, I would of picked all 4.
    Rondo has been Rondo, very solid.
    Javale has surprised everyone, even himself.
    Lance, I don;t think was bad, just not a spot for him with our yuong guys.
    Beasley, hasn;t had much of a shot, but sure I would call signing him a bust.
So in my opinion we were 3 for 4 in signing Vets to help us. I'll take that as a plus. With that said, it's not like Beasley or Lance have been a distraction either since not playing anymore. They have handled is professionally. Also I don't agree we wasted their rooster spots, because whoever we signed instead wouldn't be getting mins either. I feel like Kuzma and Hart both well equip to be called effective shooters on an NBA team. How many 3pt threat shooters do you think we need, I'm just curious? I think 4 guys who can hit 37% or high on a regular bases, is enough for a team. Lonzo is a decent, shooter also, he is just so passive when he plays. For me when I say we need time, maybe like 15-20 games, its about just the team learning each other and their spots. There is a reason why every team LeBron has gone to, took about 15-20 games to find themselves all the way. Switching on Defense and Lebron/Rondo/Lonzo knowing where guys run to on the court, doesn't happen in 5 games. After seeing HOU, I think the Lakers by the end of year could take any team in the West to a 6-7 games series except GSW. Do I think they will beat GSW,....


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13187
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 20

userpete1037 wrote:
^^^

Then trade LBJ period.

Lol, we know that's not going to happen.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13187
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 20

Tempy wrote:
Pretty much nailed it. Not much else to add lol.

I didn't particularly want LBJ despite people claiming I was one of his fan boys when I would comment about him. For me it's similar to the D'Antoni hiring. Great guy, obviously talented just does not fit the roster that has been assembled.

Said it pre season that the vets brought in do not fit either. I will humbly say McGee has proved me completely wrong. He was an inspired signing. I just don't see how this is all going to work though. You can bring in 2 more superstars in the summer and LBJ is still going to have the ball in his hands with people standing around watching.

Other than Kuzma, and I'm stretching including him, no one is a reliable shooter. It's all ball handlers or misfits. (Shout out to KCP and Beasley).

So when people say they need time, time for what? Team mates to learn how to shoot? Luke to be fired? He certainly ain't going to change the offense. So what are we waiting for?

I just don't see the team being anything more than 0.500 at the end of the calendar year. With a pretty hard schedule through January and February they could struggle to make the playoffs.

Don't hold me to it, but I can see them making playoffs simple because I don't think there will be any separation in the West. Think 4-8:seeds will finish season with just a few games separating them. And if they continue to improve one defense, think they have as good a shot as any. Imo


ralppcobarde
LNS HOF Bronze
 Avatar
Age: 24
Posts: 5912

rp.gif
votes: 27

And the warriors is exploding. Lol


Options Quick Reply: RE: Seven Games In!
register
You are an anonymous user- or .
Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
Notify me when a reply is posted
Don't Check Spelling
Note: Twitter & Youtube BBCODE Tags are no longer necessary. The system will automatically convert links to tweets & youtube videos.
   
 
Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home
Post new topic   Reply to topic
register
You are an anonymous user- Register now or Log in Now!


Add our Los Angeles Lakers Blog RSS Feed, the Lakers Rumors RSS Feed, the Lakers News RSS feed, and the Lakers Forum RSS feed to get the latest Laker News and Rumors and Lakers Game info in your RSS/XML reader!