Lakers at Minnesota Timberwolves Game Day 2018-10-29 (P. 3)

Lakers News Surge Forum/Message Board » Lakers Game Day
Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Search This Topic:
 
Tempy
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12176
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif
votes: 46
Axle wrote:
Well I just saw another game that the lakers should have won, but again Ball missed all his three point attempts which was four or five. LeBron seemed like he was not into the game turning the ball over and the team together had like 18 turn overs. You can not win with that kind of effort. Ingram and Kuz played real good, Worst players were Pope and Ball. Looks my prediction of fourteen losses by Dec 31 are right on track. When will the laker front office wake up and trade some of....


Tempy
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12176
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif
votes: 46

kkennon1 wrote:
Waiting for Axle to come on and blame Zo again. But probably watching his Warriors and Klay break records. Lmao!!!

It didn't take long lol


Axle
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14450
Location: Axle
votes: 71

No Tempy! All I am saying is he should not be taking three point shots when he has other options. I like everything about the kid (except) his three point shooting. I cringe every time he makes an attempt. His mechanics are terrible on his perimeter shooting. Sure every once in a while he will make one or two, but I think he is not the player to be taking those shots. His defense is great, his passing is excellent and he can score by driving and making a layup, but he should stay away from three point attempts.

And I am not a Ball hater.

Actually last season if you can remember I did not want LeBron to come to the Lakers and really I do not think he is helping our young players that much. To me he is already an over the hill player and the only way for him is down as mother nature catches up even with the best.


Axle
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14450
Location: Axle
votes: 71

Yes Klay Thompson is probably one of the best shooters in the nba. I hope the lakers can lure him next season to come to the lakers. Sorry Kennon, but the Warriors are my second favorite team.


Tempy
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12176
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif
votes: 46

Axle wrote:
No Tempy! All I am saying is he should not be taking three point shots when he has other options. I like everything about the kid (except) his three point shooting. I cringe every time he makes an attempt. His mechanics are terrible on his perimeter shooting. Sure every once in a while he will make one or two, but I think he is not the player to be taking those shots. His defense is great, his passing is excellent and he can score by driving and making a layup, but he should stay away from three point attempts.

And I am not a Ball hater.

Actually last season if you can remember I did not want LeBron to come to the Lakers and really I do not think he is helping our young players that much. To me he is already an over the hill player and the only way for him is down as mother nature catches up even with the best.

Not going to argue with that. The whole roster needs to reign in the 3 point shooting not just Ball. Yes his shot doesn't look pretty but it's going in.


ralppcobarde
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 5912

rp.gif
votes: 27

Easier said than done. I mean , still 7 games in & we havent found our chemistry yet. Too many ball handlers & its very hard to please these players role. This young guys play better at home than in the road.

You guys have to relax, last game we integrate Rondo then this game Ingram. Its really hard to have a consistent lineup with that.! We have to please Rondo & Ball then Kuzma/Ingram.Then you still have Lance,Hart and Beasley to chip in who plays similar position.Lots of new players & added a tough schedule. Any coach would have difficulties handling this team. This needs time & will be alright.


SDimitri
Serious Laker Fan
Posts: 221
votes: 6

That was such a frustrating game to watch. Bron drives me crazy when he decides to stand around on offense. There was no motion and they settled for garbage 3s. Zo and Rondo on the floor together is horrible. Josh Hart needs to start. I wish Bron would go off every now and then and put this team on his back.


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14636
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 65

Too many guys playing duplicate positions. Rondo is looking like the odd man out. I would rather have Lance back up Ball.

Having Rondo as an insurance policy, like the idiots at spectrum sports net were alluding to, is too short sighted. You are not going to have him around after this year, so what do you do next year? Get another pg on a one yr deal?

You have to let the kid learn through his mistakes and not yank him out or penalize him when things go south. There is no learning happening when you do that. What kind of madness is that? That’s shattering the kid’s confidence and inserting unnecessary doubts. This is the Sergeant Byron mantra when he was around. Lol.

PS: I also feel not trying to secure Randle last year was the biggest blunder made by this front office. This is going to haunt them.


Tempy
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12176
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif
votes: 46
ralppcobarde wrote:
Easier said than done. I mean , still 7 games in & we havent found our chemistry yet. Too many ball handlers & its very hard to please these players role. This young guys play better at home than in the road. You guys have to relax, last game we integrate Rondo then this game Ingram. Its really hard to have a consistent lineup with that.! We have to please Rondo & Ball then Kuzma/Ingram.Then you still have Lance,Hart and Beasley to chip in who plays similar position.Lots of new players & added a tough schedule. Any coach would have difficulties....


FrankBecerra
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1285
Location: Staples Center
votes: 1

Lakes should trade KCP and Beasty. It’s funny several years ago Beasley was a good shooter, what handed and what did Magic see in him, perhaps he was looking at old film from 2004


FrankBecerra
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1285
Location: Staples Center
votes: 1

Rondo is really showing his age perhaps he could take over the coaching spot and Luke could become an assistant coach specializing in creating line ups and odd rotations I’m sure the possibilities are endless. Luke’s probably dreaming up a new starting lineup for the next game


ralppcobarde
LNS HOF Bronze
 Avatar
Age: 24
Posts: 5912

rp.gif
votes: 27
Tempy wrote:
How much time? First it was Luke was learning. Then it's that Luke has no talent to work with. Now it's too many new players and tough schedule. The lakers have had the 3rd easiest schedule so far btw. http://www.espn.com/nba/stats/rpi/_/sort/SOS I agree any coach is going to have difficulties with this roster, but the offense and defensive sets are terrible for the personnel. That is on the coach.
Its not my duty to tell you the timeline if how patient would it be. This team had a new set of player personnel. Just a typical Laker fans who just being impatient with this....


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 18055
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

Next up, Luka Doncic and the Mavs. should be interesting. If we don't win that one, I'm not sure what to think.


BaadMaster
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8069
votes: 98

Tyronn Lue is available. Championships with Lakers and Cleveland.


gemfow
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12104
Location: Maryland
us.gif
votes: 179

J.Redd24 wrote:
We have to play BI he’s a trade asset, we got to figure out which players fit with Lebron & the 1’s that don’t we got to trade em for superior talent.
That thinking right there is extremely short-sighted. Brandon is 21 and if Magic/Pelinka look at him as a trade asset like you do then they should be fired. Why would you try to build around a 34 year old?


J.Redd24
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 797
votes: 8

gemfow wrote:
That thinking right there is extremely short-sighted. Brandon is 21 and if Magic/Pelinka look at him as a trade asset like you do then they should be fired. Why would you try to build around a 34 year old?

Let me break it down to you. Okay Lebron & magic are on record saying that basically it’s not championship or bust this season, they’re looking to improve & get us back into the playoffs. Okay so this is the season we see who all fits wit Lebron, the players that don’t guess what, they will be traded, for pieces that are under contract wit other teams, therefore we can head into free agency next year & sign our other superstar to pair wit Lebron. We’ve turned down Ingram in a trade wit the kings for Cousins & a trade wit the pacers for Paul George. Heading into year 3 if he can’t mesh wit Bron he’s gone...


Angeluus
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 524
votes: 0

Garbage. I had to stop watching. I'm not one to turn off games, but it became unbearable. If I watched KAT grab another offensive board, I was going to lose it. Second chance opportunities really killed us. Probably didn't help that we are absolutely terrible in every other category as well. This team needs to get there **** together or we will not make the playoffs. There is a poll up for what seed we will be in? Please.... At this rate, we may only have our two wins.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 18055
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

I just want to know why LBJ doesn't drive to the basket with the ball in his hand down 2 pts when the score was 119-117?


gemfow
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12104
Location: Maryland
us.gif
votes: 179

J.Redd24 wrote:
Let me break it down to you. Okay Lebron & magic are on record saying that basically it’s not championship or bust this season, they’re looking to improve & get us back into the playoffs. Okay so this is the season we see who all fits wit Lebron, the players that don’t guess what, they will be traded, for pieces that are under contract wit other teams, therefore we can head into free agency next year & sign our other superstar to pair wit Lebron. We’ve turned down Ingram in a trade wit the kings for Cousins & a trade wit the pacers for Paul George. Heading into year 3 if he can’t mesh wit Bron he’s gone...

Yes, I heard the words of Magic/Lebron saying it's not championship or bust. However, if Magic is wanting to build around a 34 year old who will be 35 next season and hope to compete against the juggernaut 5 hours north then it showcases his impulsiveness. A team can't compete with so many one-year mercenary contracts because it hurts cohesion. If the Lakers trade a 21 year old with plenty of potential because he doesn't fit with a 34 year old on the downside of a legendary career then they're no better than a lot of the LA fanbase.


gemfow
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12104
Location: Maryland
us.gif
votes: 179

ralppcobarde wrote:
Its not my duty to tell you the timeline if how patient would it be. This team had a new set of player personnel. Just a typical Laker fans who just being impatient with this process. Just look at the Boston,Houston & OKC who are struggling to integrate their players just now. WB just came back from injury,Hayward & Kyrie, and Houston had a different team with Melo. And we had Lebron and new set of players too.

Some people are just impatient. You can't add someone like James and just expect 7-0 out the gate. KD and GS had an adjustment period and he was a lot better fit in GS than James is out in LA. My major issue with Luke is I don't believe he makes the tough decisions. Everybody isn't going to get time. Last season I didn't see anything that Nance brought that warranted him starting or getting as much time as he received. Luke has had an issue in that department imo. Take over the team and stop trying to give everyone similar minutes.


J.Redd24
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 797
votes: 8

gemfow wrote:
Yes, I heard the words of Magic/Lebron saying it's not championship or bust. However, if Magic is wanting to build around a 34 year old who will be 35 next season and hope to compete against the juggernaut 5 hours north then it showcases his impulsiveness. A team can't compete with so many one-year mercenary contracts because it hurts cohesion. If the Lakers trade a 21 year old with plenty of potential because he doesn't fit with a 34 year old on the downside of a legendary career then they're no better than a lot of the LA fanbase.

So you wouldn’t trade Ingram for Anthony Davis or kawai �"


SDimitri
Serious Laker Fan
Posts: 221
votes: 6

userpete1037 wrote:
I just want to know why LBJ doesn't drive to the basket with the ball in his hand down 2 pts when the score was 119-117?

My thoughts exactly. He was standing around doing nothing but looking tired and old.


Angeluus
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 524
votes: 0

gemfow wrote:
Some people are just impatient. You can't add someone like James and just expect 7-0 out the gate. KD and GS had an adjustment period and he was a lot better fit in GS than James is out in LA. My major issue with Luke is I don't believe he makes the tough decisions. Everybody isn't going to get time. Last season I didn't see anything that Nance brought that warranted him starting or getting as much time as he received. Luke has had an issue in that department imo. Take over the team and stop trying to give everyone similar minutes.

I will tell you what I was expecting. More than two goddamn wins. Maybe some improvement? I don't know. I read a post earlier about how Magic is trying to figure out players that work with LBJ and it may take a few years. Just maybe we will get this thing figured out when LBJ is rolling out there on a wheel chair. No offense, but he already looks tired and discouraged.


Tempy
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12176
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif
votes: 46

ralppcobarde wrote:
Its not my duty to tell you the timeline if how patient would it be. This team had a new set of player personnel. Just a typical Laker fans who just being impatient with this process. Just look at the Boston,Houston & OKC who are struggling to integrate their players just now. WB just came back from injury,Hayward & Kyrie, and Houston had a different team with Melo. And we had Lebron and new set of players too.

If you suggest the team needs time, you can't come back and say it's not your duty. If you think the team needs time suggest a time frame. 3 months half a season, whatever, but don't go back on your comment, you are just being a hypocrite. The team just signed what some around here proclaimed to be the best basketball player on the planet. You don't sign a player like that, proclaim showtime is back and then expect fans not to raise expectations. The expectation is for the franchise to be winning, It is no longer rebuild mode, if it is why the f did they sign LBJ?

How am I being impatient? Go read the prediction thread where I said this is going to be a work in progress and I think they only win 45 to 48 games, how is that being impatient?

The team, and the coach are not doing well. Sure the celtics, Rockets and OKC are not doing well. But teams like the Pistons, clippers, and Kings with inferior talent are doing way better. Why don't they need time? They are integrating new players, just like every franchise in the league is doing. The Lakers are not the exception here.

Luke needs to get the best out of the talent at his disposal, he simply isn't doing that right now. Sure it may get better with time but other teams are going to get better with time too. That statement is not being impatient, it's fact.


Tempy
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12176
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif
votes: 46

gemfow wrote:
Some people are just impatient. You can't add someone like James and just expect 7-0 out the gate. KD and GS had an adjustment period and he was a lot better fit in GS than James is out in LA. My major issue with Luke is I don't believe he makes the tough decisions. Everybody isn't going to get time. Last season I didn't see anything that Nance brought that warranted him starting or getting as much time as he received. Luke has had an issue in that department imo. Take over the team and stop trying to give everyone similar minutes.

No one is expecting 7-0 though. That is just pushing things to the extreme. The Lakers have had a relatively easy schedule thus far and are still experiencing the same problems from last year. Bad rotations, poor offensive sets when it's clutch time and defense has took 3 steps back.

You don't sign LBJ who has played a pace of around 95 possessions a game his whole career and then expect him to start playing at a pace of 108 possessions per game when he is almost 34 years old. You can give him until the end of time in that system, it's simply not going to work. So when people preach that it's going to take time, what is exactly going to take time? This offense and roster is not built for LBJ to excel. It's the exact same situation as Kobe's final years here.

A star to fill seats and keep the franchise relevant in the media, but no where near being a contender. All while they sign 1 year players and hoard cap space. You can't have it both ways in today's NBA. It's rebuild or contend with no middle ground.


gemfow
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12104
Location: Maryland
us.gif
votes: 179

J.Redd24 wrote:
So you wouldn’t trade Ingram for Anthony Davis or kawai �"

This isn’t NBA 2K. Those guys wouldn’t be available for a trade for Ingram and the salaries aren’t close. So not only would you see Ingram go, you’d see other guys go too and good luck trying to field a roster during the offseason.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 18055
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

^^^

Amen to that bro.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13187
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 20

gemfow wrote:
This isn’t NBA 2K. Those guys wouldn’t be available for a trade for Ingram and the salaries aren’t close. So not only would you see Ingram go, you’d see other guys go too and good luck trying to field a roster during the offseason.

After Dec 15 you can trade KCP and other vets to make money match. Iike BI a lot, but I'd traded him and 1 other young player and KCP+ pick, for 25 year superstar in a heart beat. Imo


gemfow
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12104
Location: Maryland
us.gif
votes: 179

kkennon1 wrote:
After Dec 15 you can trade KCP and other vets to make money match. Iike BI a lot, but I'd traded him and 1 other young player and KCP+ pick, for 25 year superstar in a heart beat. Imo

Ask yourself if you really believe NO would accept that? That’s why I said he’s not available for a trade for Ingram and the small pieces LA can offer. Anyone would make that trade but it’s not realistic.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13187
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 20

gemfow wrote:
Ask yourself if you really believe NO would accept that? That’s why I said he’s not available for a trade for Ingram and the small pieces LA can offer. Anyone would make that trade but it’s not realistic.

Oh, I don't think he gets traded this year, but if Pels don't do something playoff wise this season and he wants out going into next season , their leverage dies.


Axle
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14450
Location: Axle
votes: 71

J.Redd24 wrote:
Let me break it down to you. Okay Lebron & magic are on record saying that basically it’s not championship or bust this season, they’re looking to improve & get us back into the playoffs. Okay so this is the season we see who all fits wit Lebron, the players that don’t guess what, they will be traded, for pieces that are under contract wit other teams, therefore we can head into free agency next year & sign our other superstar to pair wit Lebron. We’ve turned down Ingram in a trade wit the kings for Cousins & a trade wit the pacers for Paul George. Heading into year 3 if he can’t mesh wit Bron he’s gone...

I completely disagree with your statement. LeBron is already over the hill. Can't you see how much he has slowed down from what he used to be, and he is going to get slower and slower. Just watch all the easy layups he is missing, they are blocking his shots, he is not consistent on his perimeter shooting. I can see it, and I am sure many other laker fans also have noticed that LeBron is not the man he used to be.

Now Ingram is just a young stud and he is playing with lots of energy. I would get rid of LeBron before I would get rid of our youth. But the coaches have to work with some of these young players. Example: Ball needs to change his mechanics on how to shoot the three. His unorthodox moves are not very reliable for accurate long range shooting. He reminds me of the matrix who used to play for the Sun's. Sure some shots are going to go in, but it is an ugly way to shoot. But a good coach could change that, working with the kid for hours and hours of shooting practice.

I would not trade Kuz, Hart, Ingram, Ball. But I sure would get rid of some of the players that are not productive, such as Beasley, Zubac, KCP and probably Williams, not too sure about him, but I think he is too short at 6'9" to play center. We need another good seven footer, and we need a dependable three point shooter.


gemfow
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12104
Location: Maryland
us.gif
votes: 179

kkennon1 wrote:
Oh, I don't think he gets traded this year, but if Pels don't do something playoff wise this season and he wants out going into next season , their leverage dies.

True, their leverage does become worse as time goes on but I’m sure sone other teams can put together a better package unless AD just wants to come to LA.


Axle
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14450
Location: Axle
votes: 71

I just can not believe what I am reading here wanting to trade our top draft picks for one 25 year old super star. I want some names as to who this super star is going to be. Too many people think LeBron is the greatest thing that has come to the Lakers. WRONG! He is a player that is 33 years old and his best years have gone by him. Only reason why he come to the Lakers is to collect a big contract on the twilight of his career. He always took pay cuts to play with other teams. Did he do that with the Lakers? Hell NO! And even if the Lakers were to get a 25 year old to play side by side with LeBron and the Lakers trade away all of our youth movement with the top draft picks for the last four years. LeBron and the 25 year old super star STILL can not win anything without real good players surrounding them.

This is just crazy thinking because they would not even match on salaries.

The thing is lets be patient through this season, and next season we will have enough cap space to just out right sign another free agent with super star status and we would still retain our four young players who are showing great potential.


ralppcobarde
LNS HOF Bronze
 Avatar
Age: 24
Posts: 5912

rp.gif
votes: 27

Axle wrote:
I completely disagree with your statement. LeBron is already over the hill. Can't you see how much he has slowed down from what he used to be, and he is going to get slower and slower. Just watch all the easy layups he is missing, they are blocking his shots, he is not consistent on his perimeter shooting. I can see it, and I am sure many other laker fans also have noticed that LeBron is not the man he used to be.

Now Ingram is just a young stud and he is playing with lots of energy. I would get rid of LeBron before I would get rid of our youth. But the coaches have to work with some of these young players. Example: Ball needs to change his mechanics on how to shoot the three. His unorthodox moves are not very reliable for accurate long range shooting. He reminds me of the matrix who used to play for the Sun's. Sure some shots are going to go in, but it is an ugly way to shoot. But a good coach could change that, working with the kid for hours and hours of shooting practice.

I would not trade Kuz, Hart, Ingram, Ball. But I sure would get rid of some of the players that are not productive, such as Beasley, Zubac, KCP and probably Williams, not too sure about him, but I think he is too short at 6'9" to play center. We need another good seven footer, and we need a dependable three point shooter.

Over the hill? Lmao! He might not be the best player anymore but the dude is top 10 player for atleast in 3-4 years.


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14636
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 65

Here we go....another one(DJ Khalid voice). Lol.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13187
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 20

Axle wrote:
I just can not believe what I am reading here wanting to trade our top draft picks for one 25 year old super star. I want some names as to who this super star is going to be. Too many people think LeBron is the greatest thing that has come to the Lakers. WRONG! He is a player that is 33 years old and his best years have gone by him. Only reason why he come to the Lakers is to collect a big contract on the twilight of his career. He always took pay cuts to play with other teams. Did he do that with the Lakers? Hell NO! And even if the Lakers were to get a 25 year old to play side by side with LeBron and the Lakers trade away all of our youth movement with the top draft picks for the last four years. LeBron and the 25 year old super star STILL can not win anything without real good players surrounding them.

This is just crazy thinking because they would not even match on salaries.

The thing is lets be patient through this season, and next season we will have enough cap space to just out right sign another free agent with super star status and we would still retain our four young players who are showing great potential.

AD, Axle. That's the 25 year old superstar. Top 5 player in league. Who none of our current players look like they will or ever will be close to becoming.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13187
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 20

gemfow wrote:
True, their leverage does become worse as time goes on but I’m sure sone other teams can put together a better package unless AD just wants to come to LA.

Well with Rich Paul as his agent, that's what I'm counting on Gemfow. Lol

http://amicohoops.net/a-d-next-on-laker ... in-lebron/


BaadMaster
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8069
votes: 98

SDimitri wrote:
My thoughts exactly. He was standing around doing nothing but looking tired and old.

I am not sure he is over the hill; he is still a fine player. But the title of "the best player on the planet" is now owned by Steph.

It seems whomever is in charge of the Lakers does the same thing over and over again : sign aging superstars on the decline. Steve Nash, Karl Malone, Kobe on a two year deal.

It has not proved successful.

As Einstein once said, “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results”.

ADDENDUM: Kawhi is tearing up the League in Toronto. I would bet we lost our chance to acquire him as he is likely to do a PG13 and stay where he is.

ADDENDUM #2: Jimmy Butler wants to be gone from Minny. Time to trade BI for Butler and start being a contender.


Axle
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14450
Location: Axle
votes: 71

I agree with everything Baadmaster posted except I am not sure about Jimmy Butler. Every place he has gone to, he has problems getting along with team mates. He might be a cancer getting along with better players then him. Now he is having problems getting along with Karl Anthony Towns and that is why he wanted out of Minny.

Kawhi will not come to the Lakers. Toronto is a beautiful city and according to what I have read he really has been accepted by the fans as a fovorite down there. So I have my doubts about him, even though he is a true super star.

A.D. is probably the best of all the super stars being discussed, but we would have to trade the whole team to get him. He is not a unrestricted free agent until 2021.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
 Avatar
Posts: 18055
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

BaadMaster wrote:
I am not sure he is over the hill; he is still a fine player. But the title of "the best player on the planet" is now owned by Steph.

It seems whomever is in charge of the Lakers does the same thing over and over again : sign aging superstars on the decline. Steve Nash, Karl Malone, Kobe on a two year deal.

It has not proved successful.

As Einstein once said, “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results”.

ADDENDUM: Kawhi is tearing up the League in Toronto. I would bet we lost our chance to acquire him as he is likely to do a PG13 and stay where he is.

ADDENDUM #2: Jimmy Butler wants to be gone from Minny. Time to trade BI for Butler and start being a contender.

IMO, KD is the best player. For me watching the finals this past season, I forgot what game it was, but Steph was going to be the guy to get the Finals MVP and then KD not even trying took over the series and basiclly snatched the finals MVP from Steph. Again, not sure what game it was but it was clear to me that KD just couldn't be stopped.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13187
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 20

Axle wrote:
I agree with everything Baadmaster posted except I am not sure about Jimmy Butler. Every place he has gone to, he has problems getting along with team mates. He might be a cancer getting along with better players then him. Now he is having problems getting along with Karl Anthony Towns and that is why he wanted out of Minny.

Kawhi will not come to the Lakers. Toronto is a beautiful city and according to what I have read he really has been accepted by the fans as a fovorite down there. So I have my doubts about him, even though he is a true super star.

A.D. is probably the best of all the super stars being discussed, but we would have to trade the whole team to get him. He is not a unrestricted free agent until 2021.

He can opt out in 2020.


Options Quick Reply: RE: Lakers at Minnesota Timberwolves Game Day 2018-10-29
register
You are an anonymous user- or .
Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
Notify me when a reply is posted
Don't Check Spelling
Note: Twitter & Youtube BBCODE Tags are no longer necessary. The system will automatically convert links to tweets & youtube videos.
   
 
Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home
Post new topic   Reply to topic
register
You are an anonymous user- Register now or Log in Now!


Add our Los Angeles Lakers Blog RSS Feed, the Lakers Rumors RSS Feed, the Lakers News RSS feed, and the Lakers Forum RSS feed to get the latest Laker News and Rumors and Lakers Game info in your RSS/XML reader!