Rajon Rondo, Chris Paul & Brandon Ingram Fight

Lakers News Surge Forum/Message Board » Lakers News
Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Search This Topic:
 
Dave
Site Admin
 Avatar
Posts: 5311

us.gif
votes: 45
   

In the 4th quarter of the Lakers' first home game on the 2018-19 season, Rajon Rondo and Chris Paul threw and landed punches at each other, after Brandon Ingram shoved James Harden. Initially things seemed to be settling down after Lance Stephenson quickly grabbed Ingram, but CP3 poked his finger in Rondo's face in a forceful and threatening fashion, prompting Rajon to throw a left jab that stunned Paul. Paul then threw a punch himself, while Brandon jumped into the fray with a punch towards CP3. Please discuss the incident in this thread and post updates and news of suspension(s) for the players involved here.


Dave
Site Admin
Posts: 5311

us.gif
votes: 45

userpete1037 wrote:
What was even funnier was watching Floyd Mayweather on the side as well.

Yeah that's crazy- wonder what he thought of this fight lol.


lakers_fan_1995
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 2029
Location: Riverside
votes: 3

I never like to see the lakers involved in fights but watching Harden and Paul flop all game long makes me want to punch my damn wall I could imagine the players


userpete1037
LNS HOF Platinum
Posts: 20019
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

Dave wrote:
Yeah that's crazy- wonder what he thought of this fight lol.

By his reaction, he seemed to enjoy it. That left hook or left open handed slap by Rondo was priceless.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Platinum
Posts: 20019
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

lakers_fan_1995 wrote:
I never like to see the lakers involved in fights but watching Harden and Paul flop all game long makes me want to punch my damn wall I could imagine the players

Hey at least it wasn't Lance....lol.


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16627
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 70

Like I had mentioned earlier I was pleading to magic to give me one enforcer on the team..a la Metta and Barnes. He surprised me with 4. Make that 5 now that Ingram got initiated. Lol.


SDimitri
Serious Laker Fan
Posts: 243
votes: 6

Lebron walking around with his arm around cp3 really rubs me the wrong way. I know they are buddies but that sends a bad message to your teammates.

He should have joined Houston if he wants to hang with his boy. After that fight, he needed to take over and dominate the game. Nope....


userpete1037
LNS HOF Platinum
Posts: 20019
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
Like I had mentioned earlier I was pleading to magic to give me one enforcer on the team..a la Metta and Barnes. He surprised me with 4. Make that 5 now that Ingram got initiated. Lol.

I never would've thought BI had that in him. What happened tonight might the tip of the iceberg. I'm holding my breath that Lance stays calm his season.


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16627
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 70

userpete1037 wrote:
I never would've thought BI had that in him. What happened tonight might the tip of the iceberg. I'm holding my breath that Lance stays calm his season.

Lance was the peacemaker in that exchange. I almost fell off the couch when I saw that. Lol


userpete1037
LNS HOF Platinum
Posts: 20019
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

SDimitri wrote:
Lebron walking around with his arm around cp3 really rubs me the wrong way. I know they are buddies but that sends a bad message to your teammates.

He should have joined Houston if he wants to hang with his boy. After that fight, he needed to take over and dominate the game. Nope....

I wasn't surprised to see him console his fellow Banana Boat Buddy.....lol.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Platinum
Posts: 20019
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
Lance was the peacemaker in that exchange. I almost fell off the couch when I saw that. Lol

Especially early in the game when JHart got closed lined. I was impressed...lol.


SDimitri
Serious Laker Fan
Posts: 243
votes: 6

userpete1037 wrote:
I wasn't surprised to see him console his fellow Banana Boat Buddy.....lol.

Sadly....I know. He should have at least taken over after that showing and won the game. It’s just a diff league now.


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16627
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 70


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16627
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 70


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16627
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 70


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16627
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 70

SDimitri wrote:
Lebron walking around with his arm around cp3 really rubs me the wrong way. I know they are buddies but that sends a bad message to your teammates.

He should have joined Houston if he wants to hang with his boy. After that fight, he needed to take over and dominate the game. Nope....

Lebron is respected and revered around the league by players and has tremendous cache. He had to diffuse the situation by taking Cp3 on the side. Cp3 wouldn’t have been restrained by anyone else from the lakers side or for that matter even his own team. Cp3 got the worst in that exchange and I’m sure Lebron realized that Cp3 would look to retaliate.


SDimitri
Serious Laker Fan
Posts: 243
votes: 6

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
Lebron is respected and revered around the league by players and has tremendous cache. He had to diffuse the situation by taking Cp3 on the side. Cp3 wouldn’t have been restrained by anyone else from the lakers side or for that matter even his own team. Cp3 got the worst in that exchange and I’m sure Lebron realized that Cp3 would look to retaliate.

Not buying it. He just went to support his best buddy because it was natural for him to do so. Understandable but It sends a bad message to his teammates.


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16627
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 70


Angeluus
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 953
votes: 2

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
Lebron is respected and revered around the league by players and has tremendous cache. He had to diffuse the situation by taking Cp3 on the side. Cp3 wouldn’t have been restrained by anyone else from the lakers side or for that matter even his own team. Cp3 got the worst in that exchange and I’m sure Lebron realized that Cp3 would look to retaliate.

I was personally disgusted by it. I don't want to see any of them fighting. I would imagine now that Rondo will be suspended for a few games. I would also imagine that CP3 gets away with nothing. I have to admit that the Rockets were playing really dirty the entire game and am not surprised that this happened, but what bothered me the most was the comforting by LeBron to CP3. Forget what team your on? Did you also forget the fact that our players were getting **** with that entire game (IE: close line JHart). I'm sorry, but watching Lebron during that exchange pissed me off.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14311
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 23

From this angle you can see Rondo didn't spit on him , at least not intentionally.


Tempy
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12800
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif
votes: 51

kkennon1 wrote:
From this angle you can see Rondo didn't spit on him , at least not intentionally.

Tbh I can't see if he spits or not but who the f spits on the floor playing indoor basketball?! That to me means it was intentional, unless you want to say Rondo spits on the court all the time.


SDimitri
Serious Laker Fan
Posts: 243
votes: 6

Angeluus wrote:
I was personally disgusted by it. I don't want to see any of them fighting. I would imagine now that Rondo will be suspended for a few games. I would also imagine that CP3 gets away with nothing. I have to admit that the Rockets were playing really dirty the entire game and am not surprised that this happened, but what bothered me the most was the comforting by LeBron to CP3. Forget what team your on? Did you also forget the fact that our players were getting **** with that entire game (IE: close line JHart). I'm sorry, but watching Lebron during that exchange pissed me off.

Exactly! He was just going on about how they were “brothers”. This move by him shows where his heart is. It’s a bad look. I understand why he did it but game time is game time. Stick with your squad.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14311
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 23

Tempy wrote:
Tbh I can't see if he spits or not but who the f spits on the floor playing indoor basketball?! That to me means it was intentional, unless you want to say Rondo spits on the court all the time.

Nope was wrong, he did it !!!! Stupid!!!!


Tempy
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12800
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif
votes: 51

kkennon1 wrote:
Nope was wrong, he did it !!!! Stupid!!!!

Be interesting to see what suspensions get dished out. Unfortunately I think they will be made examples off


LAKERZ_DYNASTY101
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1971
votes: 5

userpete1037 wrote:
I wasn't surprised to see him console his fellow Banana Boat Buddy.....lol.

I don’t want to make this a Kobe vs Lebron debate because I have a lot of respect for Brons game but could you imagine the difference in how Kobe would have reacted basketball-wise , once the altercation happened.

I have no doubt he would have went god mode and dominated the last 5 mins....


SDimitri
Serious Laker Fan
Posts: 243
votes: 6

I don’t think this super slow motion vid shows anything definitive. Spit can fly unintentionally when fired up and ready to throw down. Sticking a finger in someone’s eye is beyond intentional. What a mess.


Tempy
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12800
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif
votes: 51

SDimitri wrote:
I don’t think this super slow motion vid shows anything definitive. Spit can fly unintentionally when fired up and ready to throw down. Sticking a finger in someone’s eye is beyond intentional. What a mess.

Go to the bathroom and look at yourself in the mirror and look at how your face movess when you try to spit. Now rewatch the video. It's intentional. As was CP3s finger jab. They are all guilty.


Dave
Site Admin
Posts: 5311

us.gif
votes: 45

kkennon1 wrote:
Nope was wrong, he did it !!!! Stupid!!!!

Wow- nice find kk- no wonder CP3 reacted like that. Though it didn't seem like a blatant spit-in-your-face kind, maybe he was just trying to spit on the court and it came out the wrong way.


SDimitri
Serious Laker Fan
Posts: 243
votes: 6

Tempy wrote:
Go to the bathroom and look at yourself in the mirror and look at how your face movess when you try to spit. Now rewatch the video. It's intentional. As was CP3s finger jab. They are all guilty.

Ummm ok Detective Smile


Tempy
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12800
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif
votes: 51

Dave wrote:
Wow- nice find kk- no wonder CP3 reacted like that. Though it didn't seem like a blatant spit-in-your-face kind, maybe he was just trying to spit on the court and it came out the wrong way.

Who spits on the court? Seriously? If people wanted to make the argument he was "spitting" with anger sure, but he pursed his lips. No excuse for any of what happened last night.


lakeshowsd
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14613
Location: North Bend, OR
us.gif
votes: 144

Not surprised that LeBron didn’t take over at the end. His jumper was off the whole second half


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Gold
 Avatar
Posts: 16627
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 70

Guess who was really impressed with Rondo’s punching abilities/ technique? LOL


userpete1037
LNS HOF Platinum
Posts: 20019
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:

Guess who was really impressed with Rondo’s punching abilities/ technique? LOL

Lol...I said that on the Game Day thread....lmao.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Platinum
Posts: 20019
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

LAKERZ_DYNASTY101 wrote:
I don’t want to make this a Kobe vs Lebron debate because I have a lot of respect for Brons game but could you imagine the difference in how Kobe would have reacted basketball-wise , once the altercation happened.

I have no doubt he would have went god mode and dominated the last 5 mins....

If Kobe still had his super powers, oh without a doubt.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Platinum
Posts: 20019
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

Dave wrote:
Wow- nice find kk- no wonder CP3 reacted like that. Though it didn't seem like a blatant spit-in-your-face kind, maybe he was just trying to spit on the court and it came out the wrong way.

Yeah that doesn't seem like a blatant spit to me but it's Rondo so he'll get the MWP treatment.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14311
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 23

Tempy wrote:
Be interesting to see what suspensions get dished out. Unfortunately I think they will be made examples off

National tv, start of season. Oh yeah they'll be made examples.


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16627
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 70

userpete1037 wrote:
Yeah that doesn't seem like a blatant spit to me but it's Rondo so he'll get the MWP treatment.

As long as they dish out the same level of suspensions to Cp3 I’m ok. They cannot give rondo 5 days and less for Cp3. They also messed up that Josh Hart ruling. That was a clear ejection and everyone on tv across multiple stations alluded to that as well.

I’m shocked Cp3 didn’t go the tunnel route looking for rondo after the game. Lol. Remember that game against clippers when they went hunting for Blake? Lmao


userpete1037
LNS HOF Platinum
Posts: 20019
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
As long as they dish out the same level of suspensions to Cp3 I’m ok. They cannot give rondo 5 days and less for Cp3. They also messed up that Josh Hart ruling. That was a clear ejection and everyone on tv across multiple stations alluded to that as well.

I’m shocked Cp3 didn’t go the tunnel route looking for rondo after the game. Lol. Remember that game against clippers when they went hunting for Blake? Lmao

Hey I actually thought it was going to be the other way around in that Rondo would go looking for CP3.....lol.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Platinum
Posts: 20019
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

But MAGIC I'm more concerned about how many games BI will get personally.


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16627
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 70

userpete1037 wrote:
But MAGIC I'm more concerned about how many games BI will get personally.

Yeah it was his shoving of Harden which escalated the whole thing plus the sucker punch in the end. Lol


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16627
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 70

Reactions of some ex lakers....


mcbill
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1721
votes: 16

Angeluus wrote:
I was personally disgusted by it. I don't want to see any of them fighting. I would imagine now that Rondo will be suspended for a few games. I would also imagine that CP3 gets away with nothing. I have to admit that the Rockets were playing really dirty the entire game and am not surprised that this happened, but what bothered me the most was the comforting by LeBron to CP3. Forget what team your on? Did you also forget the fact that our players were getting **** with that entire game (IE: close line JHart). I'm sorry, but watching Lebron during that exchange pissed me off.

I say trade him as soon as December 15th gets here. Send him to Houston for Capela, Chris and expiring contracts. Let him chase a title with his good buddies where they can wear out officials with their incessant whining.. They will be old and broke down soon enough.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Platinum
Posts: 20019
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
Reactions of some ex lakers....

I can hear Ving Rhames saying lil bro got heart....lmao!!!!


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16627
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 70

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpMChHjhm27 ... y245ses93g

PS: some profane content used. Watch at your own discretion.

Dave, if you feel there is excessive profanity, please feel free to take it down.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Platinum
Posts: 20019
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BpMChHjhm27/?utm_source=ig_share_sh eet&igshid=6zy245ses93g

PS: some profane content used. Watch at your own discretion.

Dave, if you feel there is excessive profanity, please feel free to take it down.

Yeah that's some strong content there....lol.


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16627
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 70

userpete1037 wrote:
Yeah that's some strong content there....lol.

Ingram calling Harden Physically fit Rick Ross....ROFL!!!!


userpete1037
LNS HOF Platinum
Posts: 20019
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
Ingram calling Harden Physically fit Rick Ross....ROFL!!!!

Man that was hilarious!!!!!.....smh.


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16627
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 70

No news yet about the suspensions. The suspense is killing me. Lol


userpete1037
LNS HOF Platinum
Posts: 20019
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

I hope Silver takes into account when CP3 tried to go through a secret tunnel in the past....lmfao!!!!!


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Gold
 Avatar
Posts: 16627
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 70

Screw this league....


Options Quick Reply: RE: Rajon Rondo, Chris Paul & Brandon Ingram Fight
register
You are an anonymous user- or .
Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
Notify me when a reply is posted
Don't Check Spelling
Note: Twitter & Youtube BBCODE Tags are no longer necessary. The system will automatically convert links to tweets & youtube videos.
   
 
Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home
Post new topic   Reply to topic
register
You are an anonymous user- Register now or Log in Now!


Add our Los Angeles Lakers Blog RSS Feed, the Lakers Rumors RSS Feed, the Lakers News RSS feed, and the Lakers Forum RSS feed to get the latest Laker News and Rumors and Lakers Game info in your RSS/XML reader!