Lakers Media Day & Training Camp 2018

Lakers News Surge Forum/Message Board » Lakers News
Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Search This Topic:
 
Dave
Site Admin
 Avatar
Posts: 5282

us.gif
votes: 45

Lakers Media day 2018 is here- please discuss, post updates and quotes here- thanks guys! You can see the Media Day livestream which is going on right now:

https://www.nba.com/lakers/livestream


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 19960
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

Man just ready for the season to start!!!!!....lol.


Dave
Site Admin
Posts: 5282

us.gif
votes: 45

For sure Pete- at least the first preseason game is just a few days away!

Lebron from Media Day:

Quote:
“We’ve got a long way to go to get to Golden State. They can pick up right where they left off. We’re picking up from scratch. So, we have a long way to go. … Hopefully, someday, we can put ourselves in a position where we can compete for a championship, as Golden State has done for the last few years.”

http://www.nba.com/article/2018/09/24/l ... -media-day


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14295
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 23

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Lakers/status/1044326190964604928https://tw itter.com/Lakers/status/1044327252173811713https://twitter.com/Lakers/ status/1044322126239387649https://twitter.com/Lakers/status/1044324012 413702146https://twitter.com/Lakers/status/1044319370904621057https:// twitter.com/Lakers/status/1044317096899825664https://twitter.com/NBATV  /status/1044322824561643523[/tweet]


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14295
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 23

Noticed that almost all the players have said how hard he's worked and how improved Kuz is. Guess we'll find out.


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16589
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 70

Zo has really bulked up. Seems to be exhibiting some new found confidence as well in the way he speaks. Looks like a transformed person. Can’t wait to see his progression. I’m anticipating a huge jump from him this year. KCP looks good as well. Nobody’s been talking about him, he could have a break out year. I’m hoping for big things from the two new rooks as well. They are going to make noise whenever they get their opportunities.


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16589
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 70

Bi looks thinner compared to last season. Lmao!!!


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14295
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 23

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
Zo has really bulked up. Seems to be exhibiting some new found confidence as well in the way he speaks. Looks like a transformed person. Can’t wait to see his progression. I’m anticipating a huge jump from him this year. KCP looks good as well. Nobody’s been talking about him, he could have a break out year. I’m hoping for big things from the two new rooks as well. They are going to make noise whenever they get their opportunities.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Lakers/status/1044333793656528896https://tw itter.com/Lakers/status/1044332111631548416[/tweet]


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16589
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 70

Totally forgot about Bonga. Lol. Keep an eye out for him, he’s got immense potential. A big guard who can defend, just needs to find his footing in the league. A back up pg for the future.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14295
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 23

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
Totally forgot about Bonga. Lol. Keep an eye out for him, he’s got immense potential. A big guard who can defend, just needs to find his footing in the league. A back up pg for the future.

Agree, also agree with Pink Panther. Svi looked good in SL, just needs to work on his conditioning, looked tired at times.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14295
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 23

Lol, was watching Pels media day , noticed AD kept saying when asked about Klutch and Lakers, that he's just focused on this year. Kept says " this year". Lol

Yeah , I'm reaching!!!


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14295
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 23

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
Bi looks thinner compared to last season. Lmao!!!

Think BI has one of those body's that's not going to get to bulked up, but damn !!! Look at Zo.


Dave
Site Admin
Posts: 5282

us.gif
votes: 45

kkennon1 wrote:
Lol, was watching Pels media day , noticed AD kept saying when asked about Klutch and Lakers, that he's just focused on this year. Kept says " this year". Lol

Yeah , I'm reaching!!!

Well he just hired the same agent as Lebron, so the possibility of him coming over next season is certainly gaining traction.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14295
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 23

Dave wrote:
Well he just hired the same agent as Lebron, so the possibility of him coming over next season is certainly gaining traction.

Stop Dave!! You're getting my hopes up!!! Lol

Will be hard to walk away from 235m in FA, which is not till 2020.

Guess it will come down to what kind of team they can put around him , in the next few years.


Dave
Site Admin
Posts: 5282

us.gif
votes: 45

kkennon1 wrote:
Stop Dave!! You're getting my hopes up!!! Lol

Will be hard to walk away from 235m in FA, which is not till 2020.

Guess it will come down to what kind of team they can put around him , in the next few years.

Haha that's true- forgot about that. Well in 2 years though, lol.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14295
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 23

Almost forgot about Zu. Lol


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14295
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 23

Can hear the crickets at 1 of these media days. Lmao !!!


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 19960
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
Bi looks thinner compared to last season. Lmao!!!

Yeah he's going to be the Snoop Dogg of the NBA....lol.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 19960
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
Zo has really bulked up. Seems to be exhibiting some new found confidence as well in the way he speaks. Looks like a transformed person. Can’t wait to see his progression. I’m anticipating a huge jump from him this year. KCP looks good as well. Nobody’s been talking about him, he could have a break out year. I’m hoping for big things from the two new rooks as well. They are going to make noise whenever they get their opportunities.

That boy eating them Wheaties.....


TERRY-TEAGLE
Laker GM
Posts: 3664
Location: Belmont Shores,CA
votes: 41

Might not win it all ... but we are deep and will be fun to watch


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16589
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 70

userpete1037 wrote:
Yeah he's going to be the Snoop Dogg of the NBA....lol.

Hey User did you see this?

I think I might save this as my ringtone for Halloween. LMFAO!!!


Dave
Site Admin
Posts: 5282

us.gif
votes: 45

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
Hey User did you see this?

I think I might save this as my ringtone for Halloween. LMFAO!!!

That's hilarious- he almost sounded sarcastic- or was he? I'm so "fun" I need to know where u at muhhahahahahah.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14295
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 23

[tweet]https://twitter.com/LakerFilmRoom/status/1044658303584788480htt ps://twitter.com/LakerFilmRoom/status/1044667725321125888https://twitt er.com/LakerFilmRoom/status/1044657666793005056[/tweet]


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16589
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 70

Dave wrote:
That's hilarious- he almost sounded sarcastic- or was he? I'm so "fun" I need to know where u at muhhahahahahah.

He forgot how to laugh all these years while playing for the Spurs. Lol.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 19960
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
Hey User did you see this?

I think I might save this as my ringtone for Halloween. LMFAO!!!

Man I was on the floor crying laughing!!!!


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 19960
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
He forgot how to laugh all these years while playing for the Spurs. Lol.

Sounded like a deep voice Pee Wee Herman....lmao!!!!!


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 19960
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

Svi is coming for Kuz!!!!!


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 19960
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

So the preseason starts in 5 days eh....Oh and maybe it's me I don't like that nickname "MUD" LBJ gave to the bench. Just keep it simple with Goon Squad.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14295
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 23

userpete1037 wrote:
Svi is coming for Kuz!!!!!

Kuz about to have 6th man season!!! BI better watch out !!

Will be interesting to see where they play Svi, considering he's a big SG. But think he's going to earn plenty of minutes if that shot translates to Big Boy league. Lol


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 19960
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

Yeah I'm just glad this team is finally being replenished with young talent.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14295
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 23

userpete1037 wrote:
Yeah I'm just glad this team is finally being replenished with young talent.

Agree!!! Hope they continue to give it time to develop. Future looks bright!!!


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14295
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 23

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
Hey User did you see this?

I think I might save this as my ringtone for Halloween. LMFAO!!!

Have you heard this one, WTF!!!


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 19960
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

kkennon1 wrote:
Agree!!! Hope they continue to give it time to develop. Future looks bright!!!

Yeah they got 1 year to develop....lol.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14295
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 23

Svi doing his thing.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14295
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 23

Good to see Zo out there, even if it's just shooting.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 19960
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

kkennon1 wrote:
Svi doing his thing.

Another steal in the draft.


Dave
Site Admin
Posts: 5282

us.gif
votes: 45

kkennon1 wrote:
Svi doing his thing.

Wow- I stopped counting at like 20 in a row, lol. What a find by the FO!


TERRY-TEAGLE
Laker GM
Posts: 3664
Location: Belmont Shores,CA
votes: 41

Svi is a stud and an underrated athlete ... can’t teach that shooting stroke


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14295
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 23

Yeah you probably don't , but would still be nice to build chemistry.

Come on man!!!! Lol


Tempy
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12761
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif
votes: 51

kkennon1 wrote:
Yeah you probably don't , but would still be nice to build chemistry.

Come on man!!!! Lol

I remember reading how the Cavs changed their whole road trip workings so he could get more rest between games last season. Something like staying over in the city where they played and flying out the next day.

It's going to be interesting how he handles the new work load. Going from the team with the 4th least amount of miles travelled to the team with the 4th most. The Lakers also had the 7th toughest schedule compared to the Cavs 2nd easiest in the league.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14295
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 23

Great news!!!!


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 19960
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

So are they saying he'll be ready when the season opens?


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14295
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 23

userpete1037 wrote:
So are they saying he'll be ready when the season opens?

From what I'm reading on B/R , it looks like he'll play in the preseason.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 19960
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

kkennon1 wrote:
From what I'm reading on B/R , it looks like he'll play in the preseason.

That's what's up.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14295
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 23

userpete1037 wrote:
That's what's up.

Yeah, but this isn't good. Same thing they said about Zo last year.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 19960
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

kkennon1 wrote:
Yeah, but this isn't good. Same thing they said about Zo last year.

Aw man. I hope it's different.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14295
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 23

Hope Zo gets on floor Tuesday.

Zu sucks , even in practice.


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16589
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 70

kkennon1 wrote:
Hope Zo gets on floor Tuesday.

Zu sucks , even in practice.

I don’t know what they are seeing in Zu. Lol. He looks to he regressing each year. I would rather have kept Bryant over him.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14295
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 23

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
I don’t know what they are seeing in Zu. Lol. He looks to he regressing each year. I would rather have kept Bryant over him.

You and me both.

On another note, damn it !!! Lol


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14295
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 23


Options Quick Reply: RE: Lakers Media Day & Training Camp 2018
register
You are an anonymous user- or .
Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
Notify me when a reply is posted
Don't Check Spelling
Note: Twitter & Youtube BBCODE Tags are no longer necessary. The system will automatically convert links to tweets & youtube videos.
   
 
Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home
Post new topic   Reply to topic
register
You are an anonymous user- Register now or Log in Now!


Add our Los Angeles Lakers Blog RSS Feed, the Lakers Rumors RSS Feed, the Lakers News RSS feed, and the Lakers Forum RSS feed to get the latest Laker News and Rumors and Lakers Game info in your RSS/XML reader!