Kawhi Leonard Wants Out, Prefers Trade to Lakers

Lakers News Surge Forum/Message Board » Lakers News
Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Search This Topic:
 
Ray
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1569
Location: Ray
votes: 22
  

So WOJ just reported that Kwahi wants out of Spurs and he prefers to be traded to Lakers.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 19691
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

Its on like popcorn!!!!


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13839
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 21

Think things are strangely falling into place for big trade, plus James and whoever else.

Well, it was nice seeing development of young players, at least for a few seasons. Lol


Ray
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1569
Location: Ray
votes: 22

If Kwahi sticks to his guns and literally tells every team, he will 100% not resign. Then the Spurs will not get any good offers for him, just to be rented for a year. That way the Lakers don't have to give up much. He really needs to stick to his guns on coming here. I'm not for giving up a bunch for him. But the chance of anyone of our core being as good as him is slim, so in my eyes, it worth giving up something.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 19691
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

kkennon1 wrote:
Think things are strangely falling into place for big trade, plus James and whoever else.

Well, it was nice seeing development of young players, at least for a few seasons. Lol

It's sure starting to seem that way.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13839
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 21

userpete1037 wrote:
It's sure starting to seem that way.

Yes it is!!! Lol


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13839
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 21

Ray wrote:
If Kwahi sticks to his guns and literally tells every team, he will 100% not resign. Then the Spurs will not get any good offers for him, just to be rented for a year. That way the Lakers don't have to give up much. He really needs to stick to his guns on coming here. I'm not for giving up a bunch for him. But the chance of anyone of our core being as good as him is slim, so in my eyes, it worth giving up something.


ralppcobarde
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 6150

rp.gif
votes: 28

This is escalating very quickly. Seems like its gonna happen sooner than later. I believe either of Kuzma & Ball will be shipped a** out.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13839
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 21

ralppcobarde wrote:
This is escalating very quickly. Seems like its gonna happen sooner than later. I believe either of Kuzma & Ball will be shipped a** out.

And hell no!!!


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13839
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 21

[marq=up]


ralppcobarde
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 6150

rp.gif
votes: 28

The Jeanie Buss tweet & Bogut tweet has been really fishy for me.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 19691
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

I don't see any team taking Ball off of our hands. His pops is doing a good job of mucking it up....lol.


Ray
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1569
Location: Ray
votes: 22

I think this will happen before the draft, most likely the Spurs will get draft pick(s) and would probably want to select who they want to select with those picks.

I would want to keep Ball. Great passer and defender and we don't have any other PG on our team.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13839
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 21


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 19691
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

kkennon1 wrote:

Aldridge makes sense. That being said, SHUT UP DAVID!!!!!!….lol.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13839
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 21


TERRY-TEAGLE
Laker GM
Posts: 3652
Location: Belmont Shores,CA
votes: 41

Ingram , Hart , Deng - that’s it ... take it or leave it


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16174
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 68

userpete1037 wrote:
Aldridge makes sense. That being said, SHUT UP DAVID!!!!!!….lol.

The idiot is east coast biased. Lol. Need to send some local goons to kidnap him to an undisclosed location until trade deadline. LOL!!


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 19691
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
The idiot is east coast biased. Lol. Need to send some local goons to kidnap him to an undisclosed location until trade deadline. LOL!!

Absolutely....ROTFL!!!


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13839
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 21

TERRY-TEAGLE wrote:
Ingram , Hart , Deng - that’s it ... take it or leave it

I'd even add a future pick. If everything goes as planned, it's not like it's going to be a high pick.


Axle
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14841
Location: Axle
votes: 71

I hope the Lakers do not go after Kawhi. He has been injured with a Quadricep tendinopathy and that is a very serious injury. The Lakers need to bypass this super star or was before he got injured. It would be a big gamble on trading Ingram, Kuz, Randle and stretching Dengs contract.

The future of the Lakers is at stake right now with Magic and Pelinka thinking this super stars will get them a championship. They better look five or six years ahead before they go after a LeBron, George or a player that only played nine games last season. It should raise a red flag right away.


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8359

us.gif
votes: 19

Disagree about Kawhi. James and George sure. But KL is better than George and much younger than both. He is definitely worth trading for.


Axle
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14841
Location: Axle
votes: 71

JJCali: How about the injury he has been recovering from all of last season? Do we want another Nash on the Lakers?


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13839
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 21

Axle wrote:
JJCali: How about the injury he has been recovering from all of last season? Do we want another Nash on the Lakers?

Petty sure they check out injury before they trade for him.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13839
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 21

Axle wrote:
I hope the Lakers do not go after Kawhi. He has been injured with a Quadricep tendinopathy and that is a very serious injury. The Lakers need to bypass this super star or was before he got injured. It would be a big gamble on trading Ingram, Kuz, Randle and stretching Dengs contract.

The future of the Lakers is at stake right now with Magic and Pelinka thinking this super stars will get them a championship. They better look five or six years ahead before they go after a LeBron, George or a player that only played nine games last season. It should raise a red flag right away.


Apollon
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 783
Location: San Diego, CA
votes: 14

“Just cuz Bron, PG, and Kawhi might go to LA don’t mean you gotta go too!”

https://video.twimg.com/tweet_video/Dfw0j7PUcAAoxI1.mp4


Axle
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14841
Location: Axle
votes: 71

Apollon wrote:
“Just cuz Bron, PG, and Kawhi might go to LA don’t mean you gotta go too!”

https://video.twimg.com/tweet_video/Dfw0j7PUcAAoxI1.mp4

Kawhi still is under contract with the Spurs. I believe the Spurs can trade him to who ever they want. I am sure they would want the best players they can get on a trade, so the Celtics have probably the better and more experienced players then the Lakers. Does not matter what Kawhi wants, its all on the Spurs what they want.

The more I think about it, the more I think the Lakers will not end up with Kawhi or LeBron. They might end up getting Paul George, but LeBron wants rings to pass Kobe and Jordan, and he is not going to get them coming to the Lakers. Not if the Lakers have to give away their young players that they have been developing for two or three years now. Lakers need to good players, not necessarily LeBron or even George and add to what we have already. I think Randle, Kuz, Ball, Ingram and Josh Hart, Caldwell Pope, Brook Lopez, Travis Wear, plus two real good players, and then just pick up some free agent role players.

I do not think Isiah Thomas is in the plans for the Laker roster this coming season.


Tempy
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12576
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif
votes: 49

Every one getting excited, all I see is leverage. Still think he signs a max deal but I'd love to be wrong!


Tempy
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12576
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif
votes: 49

Axle wrote:
I hope the Lakers do not go after Kawhi. He has been injured with a Quadricep tendinopathy and that is a very serious injury. The Lakers need to bypass this super star or was before he got injured. It would be a big gamble on trading Ingram, Kuz, Randle and stretching Dengs contract.

The future of the Lakers is at stake right now with Magic and Pelinka thinking this super stars will get them a championship. They better look five or six years ahead before they go after a LeBron, George or a player that only played nine games last season. It should raise a red flag right away.

Which is why I think he using it as leverage to ensure the super max. Time will tell and as I said above I'd love to be wrong.


IhatetheCeltics
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8142
votes: 51

Kawhi was at Popovich’s wife’s funeral. I don’t believe you would go to the funeral of your coach’s wife if you couldn’t stand him and were so desperate to get out. Something doesn’t add up here. Like Tempy said, I believe he’s using this as leverage. He just wants to make sure he secures that bag. Could be wrong, but that’s my feeling.


Apollon
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 783
Location: San Diego, CA
votes: 14

Axle wrote:
Kawhi still is under contract with the Spurs. I believe the Spurs can trade him to who ever they want. I am sure they would want the best players they can get on a trade, so the Celtics have probably the better and more experienced players then the Lakers. Does not matter what Kawhi wants, its all on the Spurs what they want.

The more I think about it, the more I think the Lakers will not end up with Kawhi or LeBron. They might end up getting Paul George, but LeBron wants rings to pass Kobe and Jordan, and he is not going to get them coming to the Lakers. Not if the Lakers have to give away their young players that they have been developing for two or three years now. Lakers need to good players, not necessarily LeBron or even George and add to what we have already. I think Randle, Kuz, Ball, Ingram and Josh Hart, Caldwell Pope, Brook Lopez, Travis Wear, plus two real good players, and then just pick up some free agent role players.

I do not think Isiah Thomas is in the plans for the Laker roster this coming season.

There is no need to ruin an awesome GIF and hilarious joke by quoting and trying to make serious arguments while trying to make an impression you are replying to it. You can make your points without quoting. Doing this is about as bad as trying to explain a joke...All that stuff you said is not related in any way to KD and the underlying "If you can't beat them - join them" premise for the joke, my post is meant to highlight. Quoting someone's post should have a meaning - the quote forum feature is intended to allow replying to the actual content of the post. If your reply is unrelated - just post, don't quote.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13839
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 21

IhatetheCeltics wrote:
Kawhi was at Popovich’s wife’s funeral. I don’t believe you would go to the funeral of your coach’s wife if you couldn’t stand him and were so desperate to get out. Something doesn’t add up here. Like Tempy said, I believe he’s using this as leverage. He just wants to make sure he secures that bag. Could be wrong, but that’s my feeling.

Never read or heard that he couldn't stand Pop, maybe he just doesn't trust Spurs organization as a whole. Something is going on there, Aldridge wanted out before last season too!!! But like Tempy said, could be leverage.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13839
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 21

Axle wrote:
Kawhi still is under contract with the Spurs. I believe the Spurs can trade him to who ever they want. I am sure they would want the best players they can get on a trade, so the Celtics have probably the better and more experienced players then the Lakers. Does not matter what Kawhi wants, its all on the Spurs what they want.

The more I think about it, the more I think the Lakers will not end up with Kawhi or LeBron. They might end up getting Paul George, but LeBron wants rings to pass Kobe and Jordan, and he is not going to get them coming to the Lakers. Not if the Lakers have to give away their young players that they have been developing for two or three years now. Lakers need to good players, not necessarily LeBron or even George and add to what we have already. I think Randle, Kuz, Ball, Ingram and Josh Hart, Caldwell Pope, Brook Lopez, Travis Wear, plus two real good players, and then just pick up some free agent role players.

I do not think Isiah Thomas is in the plans for the Laker roster this coming season.

Axle think half those players you mentioned were just brought here for salary dump and cap space. Doubt Lopez, KCP, Travis, IT are back, and Randle could be 50/50. Imo


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13839
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 21

Spurs fans not taking news well at all. Lol


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8359

us.gif
votes: 19

ralppcobarde wrote:
The Jeanie Buss tweet & Bogut tweet has been really fishy for me.

What Bogut tweet?


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8359

us.gif
votes: 19

Axle wrote:
JJCali: How about the injury he has been recovering from all of last season? Do we want another Nash on the Lakers?

They get full medical info and a physical before any trade. Obviously they do their due diligence ahead of time, in that regard.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 19691
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

kkennon1 wrote:
Spurs fans not taking news well at all. Lol

The Spurs are being copy cats....lol!!!!


Ray
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1569
Location: Ray
votes: 22

Axle wrote:
Kawhi still is under contract with the Spurs. I believe the Spurs can trade him to who ever they want. I am sure they would want the best players they can get on a trade, so the Celtics have probably the better and more experienced players then the Lakers. Does not matter what Kawhi wants, its all on the Spurs what they want.

The more I think about it, the more I think the Lakers will not end up with Kawhi or LeBron. They might end up getting Paul George, but LeBron wants rings to pass Kobe and Jordan, and he is not going to get them coming to the Lakers. Not if the Lakers have to give away their young players that they have been developing for two or three years now. Lakers need to good players, not necessarily LeBron or even George and add to what we have already. I think Randle, Kuz, Ball, Ingram and Josh Hart, Caldwell Pope, Brook Lopez, Travis Wear, plus two real good players, and then just pick up some free agent role players.

I do not think Isiah Thomas is in the plans for the Laker roster this coming season.

Kwahi has a lot of power in where he could go, if he chooses to use it. He can simply tell every single team that he will not resign with them. So what kind of deal do you think Teams are going to give Spurs for a rental? It's not going to be a very good deal at all.

PG didn't force his hand by telling teams strictly he would not resign with them. He kept an open mind about it. If Kwahi forces he can play his cards the way he wants.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13839
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 21

JJCali wrote:
What Bogut tweet?

Was wondering same thing?


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8359

us.gif
votes: 19

kkennon1 wrote:
Was wondering same thing?

Maybe this one?


ralppcobarde
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 6150

rp.gif
votes: 28

JJCali wrote:

Maybe this one?

yeah. that one.


Axle
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14841
Location: Axle
votes: 71

JJCali wrote:
They get full medical info and a physical before any trade. Obviously they do their due diligence ahead of time, in that regard.

I know what they are suppose to do, but IF that was the case, then what happened to Nash? The same mistake could happen all over again.

OH WELL! No need to worry about it, the organization is going to do what they want anyways. And the way it looks it looks like all those assets that we have through the draft might all be leaving us for a quick push to get into the playoffs with Magic and Pelinka going all out after older super stars.

Hope it works, what ever they decide to do. OUT!


Axle
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14841
Location: Axle
votes: 71

Apollon wrote:
There is no need to ruin an awesome GIF and hilarious joke by quoting and trying to make serious arguments while trying to make an impression you are replying to it. You can make your points without quoting. Doing this is about as bad as trying to explain a joke...All that stuff you said is not related in any way to KD and the underlying "If you can't beat them - join them" premise for the joke, my post is meant to highlight. Quoting someone's post should have a meaning - the quote forum feature is intended to allow replying to the actual content of the post. If your reply is unrelated - just post, don't quote.

Sorry MR Apollon! I usually don't click on gif links. I misunderstood your post. I thought it had some value to it, not a gif kid thing.


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16174
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 68

GSW bandwagons don’t seem too excited at the thought of their dynasty being threatened. Kwahi will end up here whether we like it or not. No one in their right mind, is going to blow their team up for a 1 yr rental.


ralppcobarde
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 6150

rp.gif
votes: 28

To be honest. Kawhi situation wasn't truly expected if he ends up here, it will be a total game changer. Its going to be tough. With Celtics being another contender who's willing to give up anything. But knowing what they did with IT, he might not want to be there


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 19691
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

What ever moves are made, remember Jeanie is the "Boss" so they'd have her approval. It always start from the top down so we need to remember that. At the end of the day, those who are feeling joy or those that are feeling blame, make sure you spread it around to all 3 of them not 2 of them......


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Gold
 Avatar
Posts: 16174
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 68

Special consideration to our cousins from the Bay Area. Lmao.


Axle
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14841
Location: Axle
votes: 71

Lakers are not going to dethrone the Warriors. Man I thought you were smarter then that. Warriors are pretty much secure IF they keep their core for at least four more years. Lakers need a lot of rebuilding still.

I am a Laker fan, but I am not stupid to think they can beat a power house like the Warriors.

IF any team can beat the Warriors, it could be the Rockets, but even them are not going to do it with D'Antony. He is all offense and very little defense. And all his offense is carried out by the Beard, Cp3 and a little by Capella. They do not share the wealth they have that could help them on offense. Even if they add LeBron to the Rockets. Ariza would be gone and so would Eric Gordon.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 19691
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:

Special consideration to our cousins from the Bay Area. Lmao.

Dude I have some friends I'm going to give this too. They swear they are Laker fans but follow LBJ wherever he goes....ROTFL!!!! Well I guess if he comes here, they'll be Laker fans again..lol.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13839
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 21

Axle wrote:
Lakers are not going to dethrone the Warriors. Man I thought you were smarter then that. Warriors are pretty much secure IF they keep their core for at least four more years. Lakers need a lot of rebuilding still.

I am a Laker fan, but I am not stupid to think they can beat a power house like the Warriors.

IF any team can beat the Warriors, it could be the Rockets, but even them are not going to do it with D'Antony. He is all offense and very little defense. And all his offense is carried out by the Beard, Cp3 and a little by Capella. They do not share the wealth they have that could help them on offense. Even if they add LeBron to the Rockets. Ariza would be gone and so would Eric Gordon.

With Cp3 healthy, they probably would have done it this season.

Also Lakers played GS hard this season, were ahead of them in 3 of 4 games going into 4th. Add a star or 2 and things could change, Mr. GS. Lol


Options Quick Reply: RE: Kawhi Leonard Wants Out, Prefers Trade to Lakers
register
You are an anonymous user- or .
Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
Notify me when a reply is posted
Don't Check Spelling
Note: Twitter & Youtube BBCODE Tags are no longer necessary. The system will automatically convert links to tweets & youtube videos.
   
 
Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home
Post new topic   Reply to topic
register
You are an anonymous user- Register now or Log in Now!


Add our Los Angeles Lakers Blog RSS Feed, the Lakers Rumors RSS Feed, the Lakers News RSS feed, and the Lakers Forum RSS feed to get the latest Laker News and Rumors and Lakers Game info in your RSS/XML reader!