Lakers vs. Dallas Mavericks Game Day 2018-03-28

Lakers News Surge Forum/Message Board » Lakers Game Day
Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Search This Topic:
 
Dave
Site Admin
Dave Avatar
Posts: 5069

us.gif
votes: 43
  

Please post your predictions for the upcoming contest vs. the Dallas Mavericks. The guys must do what well to get the W? Who on the Mavericks should Los Angeles watch out for? Will the game be a high-scoring affair or a defensive struggle?


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8216

us.gif
votes: 18

This should be a W.

Randle may go off in this one.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13267
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 20

JJCali wrote:
This should be a W.

Randle may go off in this one.

JJ, maybe its just me, but does it seem like Randle has been kind of trying to stuff stats last few games? And he doesn't seem like the only one. Guess i can't blame them, end of season, playing for new contract.

Just seeing a lot of hero ball on offense and lack of effort on D.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 18293
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

JJCali wrote:
This should be a W.

Randle may go off in this one.

It should be a blowout but knowing us, it'll be close....lol.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13267
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 20


Shepherd
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 10542

ez.gif
votes: 53

Excellent choice by IT to get the work done. I had clean up done on my wrist after years of issues and it's really done the job. It does take time to recover from tho, until it's fully healed and back to normal, depending what they find. Ligaments etc. So if we whiff on FA then plan B must be sign Lopez and IT to one year deals to prove their worth (again). I'm gonna guess it will be 4-6 months until he's 100% back to normal again. If that's possible. And I hope for his sake it is. I like IT. Scrappy little dude. We need some scrap on or team. Wait, let me rephrase that ... lol

As for Dallas, they ate us alive 2 meetings ago, and we returned the favor last time. So it's the rubber match. As long as we don't let Barrea get going, and Dirk isn't too hot, we should be fine. Provided we play some D. Esp at the perimeter. It OUGHT to be a W. But with our team you just never know. BI isn't playing again, IT is out. So no back up PG. Might come down to which Lonzo shows up. I'm starting to think we might lose this game, but hoping I'm wrong.


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14739
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 65

[tweet]https://twitter.com/lakers/status/979056672860590081https://twi tter.com/shahanla/status/979067594450743296[/tweet]


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14739
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 65

kkennon1 wrote:
JJ, maybe its just me, but does it seem like Randle has been kind of trying to stuff stats last few games? And he doesn't seem like the only one. Guess i can't blame them, end of season, playing for new contract.

Just seeing a lot of hero ball on offense and lack of effort on D.

I disagree here. Randle has been playing like this ever since he was released from prison by Luke. We needed him to play like that for the games we won. There are others who are playing more hero ball and giving no effort on D. We know who these guys are.


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14739
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 65

userpete1037 wrote:
It should be a blowout but knowing us, it'll be close....lol.

It will come down to a buzzer beater by BI. Lol.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13267
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 20

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
I disagree here. Randle has been playing like this ever since he was released from prison by Luke. We needed him to play like that for the games we won. There are others who are playing more hero ball and giving no effort on D. We know who these guys are.

Yep, I know who you're talking about, but I've seen the same thing from Randle, especially last game when he started force shots in 2nd half, along with others, not just Randle. I commented on it during game,"why are they getting away from Zo bringing ball up floor", or not getting ball back in his hands so he can get them easier shots like in 1st half. Either way, I'll be watching closely tonight to see if it happens again.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13267
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 20


Tempy
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12228
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif
votes: 46

kkennon1 wrote:

ESPN saying Lakers are interested in summer talks, what am I missing here? Lol


Tempy
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12228
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif
votes: 46

kkennon1 wrote:

But but but his shot mechanics........./s lol


Ray
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1459
Location: Ray
votes: 21

Tempy wrote:
ESPN saying Lakers are interested in summer talks, what am I missing here? Lol

I think it's due to fact that he will probably be pretty cheap and a short contract. Due to how he was playing alrdy, but now he's coming off a hip surgery next year.

He will most likely take a small deal for a year to prove his worth and maybe get a much bigger deal the following year.


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8216

us.gif
votes: 18

kkennon1 wrote:
JJ, maybe its just me, but does it seem like Randle has been kind of trying to stuff stats last few games? And he doesn't seem like the only one. Guess i can't blame them, end of season, playing for new contract.

Just seeing a lot of hero ball on offense and lack of effort on D.

I've definitely thought so more for Lopez. To a lesser degree Kuzma. Haven't watched every game, but the ones I've watched I thought Randle played within the system. Most nights Kuzma takes more shots than he does. Randle has been very efficient. But like you said at this point they all might be to some degree. I haven't seen it, but I can't disagree with you.

I said he could go off though because tonight he may try to get everything he can in front of his hometown... not to mention this is who you want to audition for/drive your price up. Let's see what happens!


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8216

us.gif
votes: 18

userpete1037 wrote:
It should be a blowout but knowing us, it'll be close....lol.

Oh for sure!


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8216

us.gif
votes: 18

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
I disagree here. Randle has been playing like this ever since he was released from prison by Luke. We needed him to play like that for the games we won. There are others who are playing more hero ball and giving no effort on D. We know who these guys are.

Feel like Kuzma and Lopez (lately) chase stats. IT seems like he was always out for his, if not "stat stuffing". But I haven't seen it with Randle. He really doesn't shoot it that much, even though he's our best/most efficient scorer. See him let other guys get rebounds that I think he could go after if he wanted to chase stats. But like I said, I don't watch every game, so I won't argue with anyone.


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8216

us.gif
votes: 18

kkennon1 wrote:
Yep, I know who you're talking about, but I've seen the same thing from Randle, especially last game when he started force shots in 2nd half, along with others, not just Randle. I commented on it during game,"why are they getting away from Zo bringing ball up floor", or not getting ball back in his hands so he can get them easier shots like in 1st half. Either way, I'll be watching closely tonight to see if it happens again.

I did see you post that! My thought at the time, was honestly, Randle is a natural ball handler (for a big) and creater. He's going to do that at times. But that's always going to be the case. I've seen him do that more throughout the season as his confidence has gone up. I don't think that's a stat chasing thing... but I guess if he's doing that over and over again I could see your point.


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14739
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 65

JJCali wrote:
Feel like Kuzma and Lopez (lately) chase stats. IT seems like he was always out for his, if not "stat stuffing". But I haven't seen it with Randle. He really doesn't shoot it that much, even though he's our best/most efficient scorer. See him let other guys get rebounds that I think he could go after if he wanted to chase stats. But like I said, I don't watch every game, so I won't argue with anyone.

KCP is coming to the end of his contract as well. Don’t blame him he’s done enough to cement his place on the team. He has to audition for others as well in case lakers pass on him.

Also heard that overgrown child Magic Johnson wants to sign IT after the surgery. This guy needs to go easy on the donuts and curtail his visits to the hookah lounge.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13267
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 20

JJCali wrote:
I've definitely thought so more for Lopez. To a lesser degree Kuzma. Haven't watched every game, but the ones I've watched I thought Randle played within the system. Most nights Kuzma takes more shots than he does. Randle has been very efficient. But like you said at this point they all might be to some degree. I haven't seen it, but I can't disagree with you.

I said he could go off though because tonight he may try to get everything he can in front of his hometown... not to mention this is who you want to audition for/drive your price up. Let's see what happens!

Wasn't something I saw a lot of, just last games I thought offense was running great, than other players starting bringing ball up floor, forcing shots. I have no problem with Randle going to basket, just sometimes I'll see him try to force his way through double team, when Zo is clapping for ball to set someone up for better shot. Oh Well !!! Lol


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14739
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 65


Tempy
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12228
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif
votes: 46

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:

Thought he had used up all his NBA time that's why he wasn't on the bench last week? Lol


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14739
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 65

Tempy wrote:
Thought he had used up all his NBA time that's why he wasn't on the bench last week? Lol

He would have played vs Detroit as well, but he was following the concussion protocol. Just heard on spectrum that you are eligible to play with the parent team once the g league season is over. He can play rest of the way.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13267
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 20

Tempy wrote:
Thought he had used up all his NBA time that's why he wasn't on the bench last week? Lol

He did, but Gleague regular season is over, so Gleague players are free to play in NBA. Plus he had concussion.


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14739
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 65

Hate James Worthy right now for suggesting that the lakers bring back IT after the surgery. These showtime fossils now need to back off from this current Lakers team. Love these guys...but they are disconnected with the modern game.

Everyone else on spectrum including Caron Butler said that he would be better off somewhere else and lakers should probably head in a different direction.


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14739
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 65

kkennon1 wrote:
He did, but Gleague regular season is over, so Gleague players are free to play in NBA. Plus he had concussion.

Posted that just above your post my brotha...you don’t proof read. Lmao!


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13267
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 20

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
Posted that just above your post my brotha...you don’t proof read. Lmao!

I was doing it at same time, didn't see yours till I posted. Lol


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14739
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 65

kkennon1 wrote:
I was doing it at same time, didn't see yours till I posted. Lol

No worries just yanking your chain. Lol.

Hey Kk, did you notice a different mid range jump shot which Zo employed vs Detroit? He used his right hand and shot straight as opposed to the sideways shot he usually takes from deep favoring the left side. He also scored off the glass with the right hand straight up. Hope he keeps doing that. Something new he tried for the first time this season with good results.


Tempy
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12228
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif
votes: 46

Thanks. Don't follow the G league at all so I didn't know that.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 18293
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

Zo for 3!!!!!!


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 18293
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

Talk about a bad job of running the break...dam Randle....smh.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 18293
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

Way to make up for it Randle.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13267
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 20

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
No worries just yanking your chain. Lol.

Hey Kk, did you notice a different mid range jump shot which Zo employed vs Detroit? He used his right hand and shot straight as opposed to the sideways shot he usually takes from deep favoring the left side. He also scored off the glass with the right hand straight up. Hope he keeps doing that. Something new he tried for the first time this season with good results.

Yeah, did notice, they were talking about that yesterday on 1st things 1st. Saying how it looks like he actually has 2 different shooting motions inside and behind arc.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 18293
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

Nice footwork Lopez.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 18293
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

Kuz with the skyhook...lol.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 18293
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

Weren't we suppose to trade Randle for Nerlens Noel?....lmao. Or he was one of the players coming to LA with LBJ or something?


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14739
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 65

Pink panther playing some gritty D


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14739
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 65

Welcome back BI


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13267
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 20

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
Welcome back BI

Welcome back ISO ball.


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14739
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 65

kkennon1 wrote:
Welcome back ISO ball.

That too.. lol.


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14739
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 65

Why is this fool settling for 3’s? Zo that is


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14739
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 65

Hack a Zo


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 18293
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
Pink panther playing some gritty D

I thought his contract ran out?


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 18293
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

KSmooth with the sweet layup.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13267
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 20

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
Why is this fool settling for 3’s? Zo that is

Don't know , he's an idiot lol, this whole offense looks out of whack tonight.

It's one pass into to post and shoot. No passing back out and resetting.


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14739
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 65

No help D when the pg is fronting Dirk. Bring BI get Kuz out.


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14739
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 65

userpete1037 wrote:
I thought his contract ran out?

G league over...he is now eligible to play with the parent team.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13267
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 20

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
No help D when the pg is fronting Dirk. Bring BI get Kuz out.

Yeah, saw that too !!!


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13267
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 20

Pass the damn ball Lopez.


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Silver
 Avatar
Posts: 14739
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 65

What’s wrong with this team today? Nobody’s playing D


Options Quick Reply: RE: Lakers vs. Dallas Mavericks Game Day 2018-03-28
register
You are an anonymous user- or .
Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
Notify me when a reply is posted
Don't Check Spelling
Note: Twitter & Youtube BBCODE Tags are no longer necessary. The system will automatically convert links to tweets & youtube videos.
   
 
Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home
Post new topic   Reply to topic
register
You are an anonymous user- Register now or Log in Now!


Add our Los Angeles Lakers Blog RSS Feed, the Lakers Rumors RSS Feed, the Lakers News RSS feed, and the Lakers Forum RSS feed to get the latest Laker News and Rumors and Lakers Game info in your RSS/XML reader!