Lakers vs. Dallas Mavericks Game Day 2018-02-23 (P. 4)

Lakers News Surge Forum/Message Board » Lakers Game Day
Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Search This Topic:
 
Axle
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14321
Location: Axle
votes: 71

I Thomas is short, but to me that really does not mean much if he can play as a team player. Size?? Mavericks have two short players and Barea kills the lakers every time. Tonight the lakers just played much better. IT and Zo actually played pretty good together. Zo made both of his three point attempts when IT passed him the ball.

Pit Bull Randle better remain with the lakers. That guy can score just about any time he wants. He is not afraid to mix it up with anybody in the paint. He used to have a bad habit of lowering his shoulder and running over players, but I notice he does not do that much anymore. Yep! it would be a big mistake if the lakers let him go.


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8202

us.gif
votes: 18

SPQR wrote:
Cali,

Yep. It's frustrating wondering what he could done had he played more all year instead of the Lukes darling the Angry Terror Bird.

You notice Randle is starting to really play much more under control lately. Much less of that bowling ball blasting into guys who have position to pick up a foul or turn the ball over. Still playing that physical style but now smarter. He's really coming along.

Yeah, he's honestly such a good player. Can rebound, score, create fornothers. Has started playing better defense. I've said it before, but we continue to see more and more eveidence, if he can get that 15 footer down, he'll be star instantly!

As for Zubac, he is good. We can all see it! But we are at the same place with him that we were a year ago. We know he shows promise, but a year later he's gotten very little time. That's what is so frustrating. We were saying the same thing last season, he could be our center of the future. Looks like he's FINALLY starting to get some time though. Better continue for the rest of the year.

Hart looks solid. Not as hyped about his defense as everyone else, but he looks like he could be a soldier's role player on a contending team. A "glue guy" as they say. If Ball and Ingram become special, there's your starting 5 right there! I'm back to thinking we might not need any star free agents at all.


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8202

us.gif
votes: 18

kkennon1 wrote:
Probably right, but I ain't one of them. Like Randle, but I still wouldn't give him 20m. And there's only 1 player in league that I want to see on Lakers, and he ain't a FA, and if he was and they signed him. Wouldn't give Randle a 2nd thought. AD AD AD !!! Lol

But FO has pretty much said what direction they're trying to go. Let Clarkson and Nance go, and Clarkson's contract wasn't that bad. So I don't see them breaking the bank trying to keep or match on contract for Randle. Guess we find out !!!

You're absolutely correct. But if he keeps playing like this, he may force their hand.


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8202

us.gif
votes: 18

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
He was indeed one short, but they decided to credit him, the espn crew mentioned it as well.

No, I was watching the box score online at the same time. Saw that he needed 2 more assists for a long time and then he eventually got them. When the announcers said he needed 1 more I was like What the hell! And then they got the correct info.


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8202

us.gif
votes: 18

kkennon1 wrote:
Yep, BI !!!

Yeah. Right.

I still got hope for him. But he might be a year or two away. Randle is right there.


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8202

us.gif
votes: 18

gemfow wrote:
watch your mouth JJ. You’ll have too many people attacking you saying Randle should re-sign for 7 million a year because that’s what he’s worth

I know!! Haha, that's pretty much why I was putting it out there! I posted this way before the triple double too!


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8202

us.gif
votes: 18

kkennon1 wrote:
13-15m imo, FO will probably offer mil level.

Probably worth more , but FO is chasing big game, they'll low ball and let him walk, whether they get max guys or not. unless he really wants to be a laker and takes offer.

Think the only way they let him walk is if they sign a max player and a super max player (James). Otherwise They'll do everything they can to not let him walk. He would be a big name free agent at this point. Think unless they sign specifically James & George he'll be back. Even if they have to give him a big contract. If they strike out on those guys, they'll 100% resign Randle and promote it as a big free agent signing. Can you imagine how much heat they take if they struck out on all the free agents and one of their own got away too.


BaadMaster
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 7955
votes: 98

JJCali wrote:
I was just going to post about Zu. From his rookie year to now, he's looked very good when he's gotten a chance... what the hell!

Yet Luke loves his Long Range Lopez.

I am really beginning to hate Luke.


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8202

us.gif
votes: 18

BaadMaster wrote:
Yet Luke loves his Long Range Lopez.

I am really beginning to hate Luke.

Hopefully Zubac will start to get a lot more playing time.


gemfow
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12045
Location: Maryland
us.gif
votes: 179

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
He was indeed one short, but they decided to credit him, the espn crew mentioned it as well.
I thought he needed one more and then he hit Ingram for that three pointer which gave him 10. They kept saying he needed one more but he already had it.


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14077
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 62

gemfow wrote:
I thought he needed one more and then he hit Ingram for that three pointer which gave him 10. They kept saying he needed one more but he already had it.

That was a stellar performance. I saw the entire game later on and and see what you are saying. They got him out immediately after he got the 10 assists.

I am really liking his chemistry with BI. These two along with Hart make a formidable lineup. I’m actually kind of liking KCP in the mix as well. He does make some impressive defensive plays and is blending in quite well. He just turned 25, so well within the age group of the core.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12847
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 20

JJCali wrote:
Think the only way they let him walk is if they sign a max player and a super max player (James). Otherwise They'll do everything they can to not let him walk. He would be a big name free agent at this point. Think unless they sign specifically James & George he'll be back. Even if they have to give him a big contract. If they strike out on those guys, they'll 100% resign Randle and promote it as a big free agent signing. Can you imagine how much heat they take if they struck out on all the free agents and one of their own got away too.

Hope you're right, but don't think they care that much about what we think or heat from fans.


Ray
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1414
Location: Ray
votes: 20

I think we will end up keeping Randle even if we get both LeBron and PG13. We can afford it if he works with us. If he wants to stay and we give him what he wants, even if it's a little high. He is only 12 million against cap and if both sides truly want to make it happen, then we come to a number and he doesn't sign any offer sheets, then we can keep him, and go over the cap to do so.

I think he would make a good center for us in the current position-less basketball. He is only 1 of a few guys that truly play down low more then plays outside. Most centers now are 3 point wannabes or all they can do is catch a lob. Not many you can give the ball 10-15ft away from hoop and they do all the work inside for the basket.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12847
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 20

Ray wrote:
I think we will end up keeping Randle even if we get both LeBron and PG13. We can afford it if he works with us. If he wants to stay and we give him what he wants, even if it's a little high. He is only 12 million against cap and if both sides truly want to make it happen, then we come to a number and he doesn't sign any offer sheets, then we can keep him, and go over the cap to do so.

I think he would make a good center for us in the current position-less basketball. He is only 1 of a few guys that truly play down low more then plays outside. Most centers now are 3 point wannabes or all they can do is catch a lob. Not many you can give the ball 10-15ft away from hoop and they do all the work inside for the basket.

Would love to keep him, but not at center, think he'd be a liability on defense at 5 when matched up against some of the bigger, taller 5's in league. Imo


Ray
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1414
Location: Ray
votes: 20

kkennon1 wrote:
Would love to keep him, but not at center, think he'd be a liability on defense at 5 when matched up against some of the bigger, taller 5's in league. Imo

If we got both LeBron and PG13, he would have to play center. No way he starts over those 2 guys after giving them max deals. And we shouldn't give him 18-20 mil to come off the bench.

If you really think about it, how many teams truly have effective center that could go at Randle all game down low? He can handle his own and is really good switching on D also. Also he can punish any center down low in the game more then they are going to punish him down low.


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8202

us.gif
votes: 18

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
That was a stellar performance. I saw the entire game later on and and see what you are saying. They got him out immediately after he got the 10 assists.

I am really liking his chemistry with BI. These two along with Hart make a formidable lineup. I’m actually kind of liking KCP in the mix as well. He does make some impressive defensive plays and is blending in quite well. He just turned 25, so well within the age group of the core.

He can come off the bench if he resigns! Lol


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8202

us.gif
votes: 18

kkennon1 wrote:
Hope you're right, but don't think they care that much about what we think or heat from fans.

I agree to a point, but that's the whole point of star chasing. It's not just to win, that's for sure! They want star names in LA, because they're still operating on that old school mentaility. But If they don't get both James and George they'll resign Randle and say they retained a star (if he keeps playing like last night). And everyone cares what people think of them to some degree. If Magic tells everyone e he's going after two max free agents and gets zero, and then on top of that let's a budding star walk for nothing in Randle, he will start to be considered a joke of a president. People will start to turn on him. He'll definitely care about that.

But I totally agree with you that for the most part he doesn't care what fans want, as in he'll do what he thinks is best over what fans tell him.


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8202

us.gif
votes: 18

kkennon1 wrote:
Hope you're right, but don't think they care that much about what we think or heat from fans.

I agree to a point, but that's the whole point of star chasing. It's not just to win, that's for sure! They want star names in LA, because they're still operating on that old school mentaility. But If they don't get both James and George they'll resign Randle and say they retained a star (if he keeps playing like last night). And everyone cares what people think of them to some degree. If Magic tells everyone e he's going after two max free agents and gets zero, and then on top of that let's a budding star walk for nothing in Randle, he will start to be considered a joke of a president. People will start to turn on him. He'll definitely care about that.

But I totally agree with you that for the most part he doesn't care what fans want, as in he'll do what he thinks is best over what fans tell him.


Axle
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14321
Location: Axle
votes: 71

LeBron is not coming to the Lakers, so do not get your hopes up so high. Maybe Paul George, it all depends how they do in the playoffs. If they are eliminated by the second round, he might come, but if they go deep, I doubt he would come to the Lakers.

We are most likely going to lose Randle and it will be to Mark Cuban. He is not afraid to give Randle a good contract. He knows he will need somebody to replace the legendary Dirk who is at the end of his career. Randle is young and is a different kind of player. He is more like a Moses Malone type player who will beat you up in the painted area.

I do not have much confidence on Magic and Perlinka. Sending Clarkson and Nance to the Cav's were questionable moves and what we got in return.

But we will see this summer. Either the lakers become real contenders with strategic moves or we will get worse because Magic and Perlinka did not have the patients to see our youth develop into real contenders.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 17515
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
That was a stellar performance. I saw the entire game later on and and see what you are saying. They got him out immediately after he got the 10 assists.

I am really liking his chemistry with BI. These two along with Hart make a formidable lineup. I’m actually kind of liking KCP in the mix as well. He does make some impressive defensive plays and is blending in quite well. He just turned 25, so well within the age group of the core.

Randle's intensity can seem to be a gift and a curse at times but it seems to have rubbed off on BI because that dude brought it the entire night. He got a little overzealous with the early fouls but that's ok because that intensity was awesome.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 17515
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

JJCali wrote:
Hopefully Zubac will start to get a lot more playing time.

He should but don't hold your breath...lol.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12847
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 20
JJCali wrote:
I agree to a point, but that's the whole point of star chasing. It's not just to win, that's for sure! They want star names in LA, because they're still operating on that old school mentaility. But If they don't get both James and George they'll resign Randle and say they retained a star (if he keeps playing like last night). And everyone cares what people think of them to some degree. If Magic tells everyone e he's going after two max free agents and gets zero, and then on top of that let's a budding star walk for nothing....


lakerfrommass
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 5001
votes: 15

SPQR wrote:
Mark Jackson said Luke should have played Zubac more this year.

Yeah. Everyone seems to know it except Luke.

Maybe he didn't want Zubac to humiliate him like Pit Bull Randle did.

Exactly Quollman. I have been telling you all season long that Drewbac should be getting consistent minutes. I could give the fiddler's f**k how he played in summer league. I see how he plays when it matters. Walton and smiling Earv have stunted his growth by not allowing him to develop properly. He'll be 21 next month. Just a a young lad, but a good lad. Simply put, he should be playing 20-25 mins EVERY game. He has a nice stroke, already has the off hand hook, after setting picks he rolls towards the hoop not away from it, and get this, he rebounds the F'in ball.


BaadMaster
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 7955
votes: 98

lakerfrommass wrote:
Exactly Quollman. I have been telling you all season long that Drewbac should be getting consistent minutes. I could give the fiddler's f**k how he played in summer league. I see how he plays when it matters. Walton and smiling Earv have stunted his growth by not allowing him to develop properly. He'll be 21 next month. Just a a young lad, but a good lad. Simply put, he should be playing 20-25 mins EVERY game. He has a nice stroke, already has the off hand hook, after setting picks he rolls towards the hoop not away from it, and get this, he rebounds the F'in ball.

AND HE DOESN'T WASTE TIME SHOOTING THREES, LUKE, YA MORON! (caps for emphasis!)

BTW...Whatever happened to Kuzma? Long-range Lopez gets more PT and shoots more threes!


lakerfrommass
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 5001
votes: 15

Whoa! Baadmaster!

Forgive me; for my absence has been long. How are you old friend? I was incarcerated for hunting down several mouthy individuals from an internet forum, but I digress on that front.

Last I knew you had departed here of your own volition. You departed and said you were becoming a Clippers fan if memory serves. I guess that didn't work out too well.

I would like to thank you for your response, but I won't.

Given your reputed propensity of changing your mind at a rate paralleled only by the terror bird launching 3s, I don't quite know if I can deem you credible, but I'm willing to give you a fair chance. I'll be keeping my eyes on you, and the second you start advocating for that damn Terror Bird to launch 3's, back to clippers news surge you WILL go.

I'm just busting your chops baad, for old times sake.

That being said, I'm back and I'm not here to take part, I'm here to take over.


gemfow
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12045
Location: Maryland
us.gif
votes: 179

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
That was a stellar performance. I saw the entire game later on and and see what you are saying. They got him out immediately after he got the 10 assists.

I am really liking his chemistry with BI. These two along with Hart make a formidable lineup. I’m actually kind of liking KCP in the mix as well. He does make some impressive defensive plays and is blending in quite well. He just turned 25, so well within the age group of the core.

I do like how Ingram and Randle play with one another. They don’t seem to detract from another’s games. Randle played a very nice and controlled game, I don’t believe he had an offensive foul that game. If he ever gets a jumpshot then I believe he’s a guy that no one wants to guard


BaadMaster
LNS HOF Bronze
 Avatar
Posts: 7955
votes: 98

lakerfrommass wrote:
Whoa! Baadmaster!

Forgive me; for my absence has been long. How are you old friend? I was incarcerated for hunting down several mouthy individuals from an internet forum, but I digress on that front.

Last I knew you had departed here of your own volition. You departed and said you were becoming a Clippers fan if memory serves. I guess that didn't work out too well.

I would like to thank you for your response, but I won't.

Given your reputed propensity of changing your mind at a rate paralleled only by the terror bird launching 3s, I don't quite know if I can deem you credible, but I'm willing to give you a fair chance. I'll be keeping my eyes on you, and the second you start advocating for that damn Terror Bird to launch 3's, back to clippers news surge you WILL go.

I'm just busting your chops baad, for old times sake.

That being said, I'm back and I'm not here to take part, I'm here to take over.

Any sane person would have taken a leave of absence once Jimbo The Village Idiot took over. I live in L.A. so the Clippers seemed like a lifeboat on the Titanic. Fandom, untimately, should be earned; it is not a Divine Right.

Now I am happy with this team. Fun to watch, some great young potential stars, a crazy Dad (who doesn't know at least one crazy Dad?) and a lot of cap space.

And we won again tonight so all is well in the Universe!

Welcome back!


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
 Avatar
Posts: 17515
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

gemfow wrote:
I do like how Ingram and Randle play with one another. They don’t seem to detract from another’s games. Randle played a very nice and controlled game, I don’t believe he had an offensive foul that game. If he ever gets a jumpshot then I believe he’s a guy that no one wants to guard

BI has developed some of that tough grit that Randle displays.


Options Quick Reply: RE: Lakers vs. Dallas Mavericks Game Day 2018-02-23
register
You are an anonymous user- or .
Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
Notify me when a reply is posted
Don't Check Spelling
Note: Twitter & Youtube BBCODE Tags are no longer necessary. The system will automatically convert links to tweets & youtube videos.
   
 
Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home
Post new topic   Reply to topic
register
You are an anonymous user- Register now or Log in Now!


Add our Los Angeles Lakers Blog RSS Feed, the Lakers Rumors RSS Feed, the Lakers News RSS feed, and the Lakers Forum RSS feed to get the latest Laker News and Rumors and Lakers Game info in your RSS/XML reader!