Lakers Trade Clarkson, Nance To Cavs For Thomas, Frye, FRP (P. 4)

Lakers News Surge Forum/Message Board » Lakers General Discussions
Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Search This Topic:
 
Ray
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1393
Location: Ray
votes: 19

I do think we could throw PG or Ingram at SG and it would work. I think both could handle guarding most SG in the NBA as good as anyone. SG are just that, they typically spot up shoot more then driving and calling screens over. It's like a chasing game for SG.

I'm ok with keeping Deng as long as his contract is not blocking an all star from coming in. Which I think the FO will keep him until a Top FA says I want to come and we have no choice but to stretch him to make it work.


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8202

us.gif
votes: 18

Ray wrote:
I do think we could throw PG or Ingram at SG and it would work. I think both could handle guarding most SG in the NBA as good as anyone. SG are just that, they typically spot up shoot more then driving and calling screens over. It's like a chasing game for SG.

I'm ok with keeping Deng as long as his contract is not blocking an all star from coming in. Which I think the FO will keep him until a Top FA says I want to come and we have no choice but to stretch him to make it work.

Yep. If I had to guess, this offseason they will try for 2 free agents and to keep Randle (now that Clarkson is gone). If that happens then they'd have to stretch Deng. If they get one free agent this year and sign Randle, then get another max player next offseason then they'll stretch Deng then. If they get one or less top free agents in the next 2 offseason then they'll have no reason to, and will let Deng's contract run its length.


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13937
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 61

Tempy wrote:
Can Ingram or PG13 play at SG though? I don't think you want to play either of them much at the 4. I'm all for signing a star but if they don't fill a need it's redundant.

As for the cap space, that's why keeping Deng is important, his contract will be expiring at the perfect time.

Exactly the point which nobody’s bothering to look at. We have to ride Deng out for another 28 games. His expiring contract next year will be extremely lucrative for potential trading partners. We can make a splash in 2019 with a wider (and younger) talent pool to choose from as compared to 2018.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 17251
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

I'm paying close attention on how the Kawhi situation ends. Sometimes you never know. I've noticed everything has been quiet on the Spurs front since his unhappiness was 1st reported. Just curious....that's all....lol.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12681
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 20

On another note, was hoping for an adjustment period with Cavs, and they'd lose some games. Doesn't look like that's happening. Lol


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13937
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 61

kkennon1 wrote:
On another note, was hoping for an adjustment period with Cavs, and they'd lose some games. Doesn't look like that's happening. Lol

I was just going to post that as well. Lol. Jc is balling out there. 12 points in 13 mins and a highlight dunk. Smh.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12681
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 20

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
I was just going to post that as well. Lol. Jc is balling out there. 12 points in 13 mins and a highlight dunk. Smh.

Game is going to be a lot easier for him with upgrade of talent around him. OH Well !!!

Think this 2018 FA class is going to be very thin at top. Lol


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 17251
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

JC looked good playing for the Cavs. Congrats bro.


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13937
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 61

userpete1037 wrote:
JC looked good playing for the Cavs. Congrats bro.

I won’t lie I will be watching some Cavs games to see Jc/junior. These guys grew up in front of us, hard not to root for them. Just don’t go off against us. Lol.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 17251
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
I won’t lie I will be watching some Cavs games to see Jc/junior. These guys grew up in front of us, hard not to root for them. Just don’t go off against us. Lol.

Right there with you...lol. They both are repping the Black Mamba with those numbers on the back of their jerseys....lol.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12681
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 20

Well I'm sure Magic will get an invite to Cavs championship parade, and get :

Had a great time with Lakers in FA meetings, want to thank their whole organization, but I'm taking my talents back to Cleveland "

P.S Thanks Magic , couldn't have done it without you !!!

Love always LBJ

LMAO!!!!


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13937
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 61

kkennon1 wrote:
Well I'm sure Magic will get an invite to Cavs championship parade, and get :

Had a great time with Lakers in FA meetings, want to thank their whole organization, but I'm taking my talents back to Cleveland "

P.S Thanks Magic , couldn't have done it without you !!!

Love always LBJ

LMAO!!!!

Magic was right about building a championship culture. But with the wrong team. Lol.


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13937
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 61


ralppcobarde
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 5822

rp.gif
votes: 27

You could tell this Lakers team lack a superstar talent to be a contender. JC & Larry are the type of role players you need to build on a championship team. And now, with LBJ being their teammate, their value is so much different than with us. love JC & Nance.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12681
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 20

ralppcobarde wrote:
You could tell this Lakers team lack a superstar talent to be a contender. JC & Larry are the type of role players you need to build on a championship team. And now, with LBJ being their teammate, their value is so much different than with us. love JC & Nance.

Exactly, and that's why a true superstar would make a difference here. Unfortunately I don't think LBJ or Durant are going anywhere.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 17251
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

ralppcobarde wrote:
You could tell this Lakers team lack a superstar talent to be a contender. JC & Larry are the type of role players you need to build on a championship team. And now, with LBJ being their teammate, their value is so much different than with us. love JC & Nance.

Right on bro. Really happy for those guys.


Luke...
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1987

us.gif
votes: 12

If this trade lands the superstars they want (this and/or next year) then it was a necessary loss for the betterment of the team. (loss of defense, loss of youth, loss of a low-dollar player in Nance that is much more valuable than his pay, loss of the 6th-man they have been developing)

If they sign anything less than superstars with that capspace after these next 2 years... then this was a bad trade.

Can't be graded yet, as this trade is an incomplete strategy.

Now getting the draft pick within this trade, that was a win.


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Silver
 Avatar
Posts: 13937
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 61

Luke... wrote:
If this trade lands the superstars they want (this and/or next year) then it was a necessary loss for the betterment of the team. (loss of defense, loss of youth, loss of a low-dollar player in Nance that is much more valuable than his pay, loss of the 6th-man they have been developing)

If they sign anything less than superstars with that capspace after these next 2 years... then this was a bad trade.

Can't be graded yet, as this trade is an incomplete strategy.

Now getting the draft pick within this trade, that was a win.

They were figuring it out together, as was evident during these last 16 games without a superstar on their roster. Or maybe there are future superstars on the team who knows. You can’t keep recycling previous picks with new picks. Have we become the new Orlando Magic or The Phoenix suns? Lol.

The fact remains that the magic is blood thirsty for big fancy names along with some fans who are dying for the lakers to make a big splash. Just read some of the comments out here and you will understand what I’m alluding to. I can guarantee that in this era of jumping teams, if the lakers don’t land superstars these “big name hungry” fans would follow another team. Majority of them jumped ship already after the mamba retired. Some of them follow 2 teams. Lol. Patience is running thin in lakerland.

They felt $12m was too much for the 6th man. They were blind to what Larry brought to the team on the defensive end. He did have a kind of a down year this season but was still a factor on D. Was listening to the some of comments from Isiah Thomas/Grant Hill and they were very impressed with those intangibles Larry brought to the Cavs. He makes winning plays.


IhatetheCeltics
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8085
votes: 49

It's a good trade if they land somebody in free agency. But if they strike out, they also deserve all the blame that will come their way. And I don't want to hear about giving them more leeway, it's a first-time front office, blah blah blah. It was funny to me hearing Pelinka talk about all the flexibility that they have now. How you can use it to re-sign your own players, absorb contracts, etc. No, you made that trade to clear space to sign two stars. That's what it was and that's fine. But they're trying to give themselves an out when they've made it so clear since last summer that two max free agents is their goal. But I don't want to hear any excuses if they come up short.


BaadMaster
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 7933
votes: 97

This one is simple: Keep the current core, add PG13 and a center (maybe Bryant/Zubac) and develop the youngsters and you are one sixth man away from contention. I am on record as liking the trade and liking what Maginka have done -- taken the TOILET TEAM that Jim Buss The Moron left us and brought optimism back to Staples.

Now if only Dung can bring us a draft pick!


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12681
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 20

IhatetheCeltics wrote:
It's a good trade if they land somebody in free agency. But if they strike out, they also deserve all the blame that will come their way. And I don't want to hear about giving them more leeway, it's a first-time front office, blah blah blah. It was funny to me hearing Pelinka talk about all the flexibility that they have now. How you can use it to re-sign your own players, absorb contracts, etc. No, you made that trade to clear space to sign two stars. That's what it was and that's fine. But they're trying to give themselves an out when they've made it so clear since last summer that two max free agents is their goal. But I don't want to hear any excuses if they come up short.

Lol, it's not just up to them ,it's up to the max player or players to want to come. If they come or not, think this team is in good shape going forward, even if they have to build around young players they have, with 2nd tier players.


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8202

us.gif
votes: 18

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
They were figuring it out together, as was evident during these last 16 games without a superstar on their roster. Or maybe there are future superstars on the team who knows. You can’t keep recycling previous picks with new picks. Have we become the new Orlando Magic or The Phoenix suns? Lol.

The fact remains that the magic is blood thirsty for big fancy names along with some fans who are dying for the lakers to make a big splash. Just read some of the comments out here and you will understand what I’m alluding to. I can guarantee that in this era of jumping teams, if the lakers don’t land superstars these “big name hungry” fans would follow another team. Majority of them jumped ship already after the mamba retired. Some of them follow 2 teams. Lol. Patience is running thin in lakerland.

They felt $12m was too much for the 6th man. They were blind to what Larry brought to the team on the defensive end. He did have a kind of a down year this season but was still a factor on D. Was listening to the some of comments from Isiah Thomas/Grant Hill and they were very impressed with those intangibles Larry brought to the Cavs. He makes winning plays.

This first paragraph... perfectly stated.


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8202

us.gif
votes: 18

BaadMaster wrote:
This one is simple: Keep the current core, add PG13 and a center (maybe Bryant/Zubac) and develop the youngsters and you are one sixth man away from contention. I am on record as liking the trade and liking what Maginka have done -- taken the TOILET TEAM that Jim Buss The Moron left us and brought optimism back to Staples.

Now if only Dung can bring us a draft pick!

Well, why do you like the trade if we already could've afforded George and would already have one of the best 6th men had we not done the trade? Going off of your plan, that trade didn't really bring us value.


ralppcobarde
LNS HOF Bronze
 Avatar
Age: 24
Posts: 5822

rp.gif
votes: 27

The trade effect will be for a long term plan.some may not get it.but, the Cavs do it for a short term, this is why they gave up their own 1st round pick. They may be winning. But with Lebron leaving which i think he will, theyll be gone to scratch. Even if he stays, they still don't have Irving as a definite closer when the games gone tight. With the amount of Luxury tax they were paying, there roster isn't built for long term. Sooner or later they have to break that team up. Imo they have the highest payroll in the league.

At the end of the season, we will have a draft pick. We gain much more flexibility .of course Plan A will be getting superstars.but if we keep piling up our assets we could get star players in trade. Some notable stars that are close to getting traded now if they don't win ( re:Lillard,wall , & AD etc.) .

We could also resign 1-yr deals to big amount of contract which makes them a trade assets for the other teams who want to to rebuild. This is what the flexibility is all about. Plus, the original trade for Cavs was to get Deandre Jordan & a pick for Brooklyn to Clippers. It didn't fell through because the Lakers made a better deal. This is way for Making revenge for the Clippers for getting Cp3.

Now they are stuck with Lou-will, aging roster & middle team in the West. Surprisingly we are doing a good job. You guys can't measure judgement for 1-5 games it has to be 1-2 years for this team.

Next year we will have potent 20 point scorers. Kuzma & Ingram. Ingram is close to 19.5 ppg & he is only 20 years old.


ralppcobarde
LNS HOF Bronze
 Avatar
Age: 24
Posts: 5822

rp.gif
votes: 27

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
They were figuring it out together, as was evident during these last 16 games without a superstar on their roster. Or maybe there are future superstars on the team who knows. You can’t keep recycling previous picks with new picks. Have we become the new Orlando Magic or The Phoenix suns? Lol.

The fact remains that the magic is blood thirsty for big fancy names along with some fans who are dying for the lakers to make a big splash. Just read some of the comments out here and you will understand what I’m alluding to. I can guarantee that in this era of jumping teams, if the lakers don’t land superstars these “big name hungry” fans would follow another team. Majority of them jumped ship already after the mamba retired. Some of them follow 2 teams. Lol. Patience is running thin in lakerland.

They felt $12m was too much for the 6th man. They were blind to what Larry brought to the team on the defensive end. He did have a kind of a down year this season but was still a factor on D. Was listening to the some of comments from Isiah Thomas/Grant Hill and they were very impressed with those intangibles Larry brought to the Cavs. He makes winning plays.

Larry has created a logjam at the 4. Kuzma wasn't getting enough playing time because of the logjam on rotation. With Hart progressing as a legitimate rotation player the F.O decided to shed Jordan Clarkson contract. The chemistry will be different of course but we are going still be 11th place. With Jazz surging. We will still be 11th place at the end of the season.


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Silver
 Avatar
Posts: 13937
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 61

ralppcobarde wrote:
Larry has created a logjam at the 4. Kuzma wasn't getting enough playing time because of the logjam on rotation. With Hart progressing as a legitimate rotation player the F.O decided to shed Jordan Clarkson contract. The chemistry will be different of course but we are going still be 11th place. With Jazz surging. We will still be 11th place at the end of the season.

Who is the other 4? And what position do you really think Larry was playing lately. Clarkson was the classic 6th man. You need a bench as well.

It’s ok they did the trade to clear space. But lets not act like these guys deserved to get traded. No more excuses for the front office until they get the 2 big free agents. The situation is still in a state of flux until that happens. Once that goes down I will voluntarily eat crow and revisit this thread.


ralppcobarde
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 5822

rp.gif
votes: 27

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
Who is the other 4? And what position do you really think Larry was playing lately. Clarkson was the classic 6th man. You need a bench as well.

It’s ok they did the trade to clear space. But lets not act like these guys deserved to get traded. No more excuses for the front office until they get the 2 big free agents. The situation is still in a state of flux until that happens. Once that goes down I will voluntarily eat crow and revisit this thread.

Randle,Kuzma & Nance


gemfow
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12045
Location: Maryland
us.gif
votes: 179

ralppcobarde wrote:
The trade effect will be for a long term plan.some may not get it.but, the Cavs do it for a short term, this is why they gave up their own 1st round pick. They may be winning. But with Lebron leaving which i think he will, theyll be gone to scratch. Even if he stays, they still don't have Irving as a definite closer when the games gone tight. With the amount of Luxury tax they were paying, there roster isn't built for long term. Sooner or later they have to break that team up. Imo they have the highest payroll in the league.

At the end of the season, we will have a draft pick. We gain much more flexibility .of course Plan A will be getting superstars.but if we keep piling up our assets we could get star players in trade. Some notable stars that are close to getting traded now if they don't win ( re:Lillard,wall , & AD etc.) .

We could also resign 1-yr deals to big amount of contract which makes them a trade assets for the other teams who want to to rebuild. This is what the flexibility is all about. Plus, the original trade for Cavs was to get Deandre Jordan & a pick for Brooklyn to Clippers. It didn't fell through because the Lakers made a better deal. This is way for Making revenge for the Clippers for getting Cp3.

Now they are stuck with Lou-will, aging roster & middle team in the West. Surprisingly we are doing a good job. You guys can't measure judgement for 1-5 games it has to be 1-2 years for this team.

Next year we will have potent 20 point scorers. Kuzma & Ingram. Ingram is close to 19.5 ppg & he is only 20 years old.

I get the whole flexibility thing, however, LA's flexibility hinges on them doing a quick return to the playoffs as opposed to building a team to grow together.

The Lakers will have some flexibility after the season due to four expiring contracts, Frye, Thomas, Lopez and KCP. Then Magic may just let Randle walk to another team. How much flexibility does one team need? There is a difference between flexibility and just hoarding cap space.

Who is on the roster next season when those contracts expire and Randle signs an offer sheet the Lakers don't want to match?

Ball

Hart

Ingram

Kuzma

Bryant

Zubac

Deng

That's a pretty attractive roster above for who?


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13937
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 61

ralppcobarde wrote:
Randle,Kuzma & Nance

Randle is predominantly playing 5. He had most success this season at 5. Hard as it is to believe but Nance was playing 5 with the second unit.


ralppcobarde
LNS HOF Bronze
 Avatar
Age: 24
Posts: 5822

rp.gif
votes: 27

gemfow wrote:
I get the whole flexibility thing, however, LA's flexibility hinges on them doing a quick return to the playoffs as opposed to building a team to grow together.

The Lakers will have some flexibility after the season due to four expiring contracts, Frye, Thomas, Lopez and KCP. Then Magic may just let Randle walk to another team. How much flexibility does one team need? There is a difference between flexibility and just hoarding cap space.

Who is on the roster next season when those contracts expire and Randle signs an offer sheet the Lakers don't want to match?

Ball

Hart

Ingram

Kuzma

Bryant

Zubac

Deng

That's a pretty attractive roster above for who?

Its up in the air if whether Randle will be out or not. He will be resigned with this team, if we don't get a superstar. This team this season will be 11th seed with or without Clarkson & Nance.

This is my opinion, but i could not see growth when you are out of the playoffs still.


ralppcobarde
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 5822

rp.gif
votes: 27

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
Randle is predominantly playing 5. He had most success this season at 5. Hard as it is to believe but Nance was playing 5 with the second unit.

Yes but you can't play them together because Nance or Randle doesn't have a reliable shooting. It doesn't give much room to operate & spacing.

With Lopez,Randle & Nance, Kuzma had limited minutes & has decreased production. Some games Randle,Nance & kuzma werent getting enough minutes because they are redundant in its position.


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Silver
 Avatar
Posts: 13937
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 61

ralppcobarde wrote:
Yes but you can't play them together because Nance or Randle doesn't have a reliable shooting. It doesn't give much room to operate & spacing.

With Lopez,Randle & Nance, Kuzma had limited minutes & has decreased production. Some games Randle,Nance & kuzma werent getting enough minutes because they are redundant in its position.

Who was playing together. I didn’t notice too many Randle/Nance tandems. I saw Randle with Lopez; and Nance with Kuzma and Lopez. Just because Lopez is a 7 footer doesn’t necessarily mean he’s playing center. He is perpetually parked on the perimeter like a stretch 4. Randle and Nance experiment never worked out like expected. They were playing staggered mins recently and seldom together.

I understand you are concerned about Kuzma and other guys getting points, but we need some defensive minded players as well on this team. Nance had the ability to switch out on perimeter guys and helped out guards and wings on D. He was the defensive enforcer on the team. Randle may not be a reliable shooter but he can manufacture points the only way he can.


ralppcobarde
LNS HOF Bronze
 Avatar
Age: 24
Posts: 5822

rp.gif
votes: 27

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
Who was playing together. I didn’t notice too many Randle/Nance tandems. I saw Randle with Lopez; and Nance with Kuzma and Lopez. Just because Lopez is a 7 footer doesn’t necessarily mean he’s playing center. He is perpetually parked on the perimeter like a stretch 4. Randle and Nance experiment never worked out like expected. They were playing staggered mins recently and seldom together.

I understand you are concerned about Kuzma and other guys getting points, but we need some defensive minded players as well on this team. Nance had the ability to switch out on perimeter guys and helped out guards and wings on D. He was the defensive enforcer on the team. Randle may not be a reliable shooter but he can manufacture points the only way he can.

Doesn't matter. You can't play 4 all of them, one player will have a decreased minutes and its was Kuzma got affected. Lopez wasn't going nowhere, Randle was playing better & Kuzma has better future. Nance was the odd man out. This is the same team that had a beatdown with Orlando Magic a week ago in 120-130 points who are one of the worst teams in the league without Aaron Gordon their top scorer, with Jc & Nance still on the lineup. Defense is all about commitment. They are inconsistent & young. They are who they are.

There was a stat shown that Nance has the worst defensive efficiency in the lineup, it was posted in here on board plus he is injury prone. You gotta move on. There are no longer her anymore. Anyway, I'm gonna focus what we have now

Also, these young professionals have to overcome this. This is business, being too friendly wont get your far, hard to be too emotional attached to your teammate.if one thing they need to grow from. Is this one, getting their closest teammates being traded.


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Silver
 Avatar
Posts: 13937
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 61

ralppcobarde wrote:
Doesn't matter. You can't play 4 all of them, one player will have a decreased minutes and its was Kuzma got affected. Lopez wasn't going nowhere, Randle was playing better & Kuzma has better future.

There was a stat shown that Nance has the worst defensive efficiency in the lineup, it was posted in here on board plus he is injury probe. You gotta move on. There are no longer her anymore. Anyway, I'm gonna focus what we have now.

You can play all of them that’s why you have what is known as a bench in basketball. Lopez wasn’t going nowhere then, Lopez is going nowhere now.

Stop worrying about Kuzma’s future, we have others to look after as well. You can move on by all means (like magic) who is stopping you? Lol. I refuse to move on and I’m going to focus on what we have and what we recently had as well.


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Silver
 Avatar
Posts: 13937
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 61

ralppcobarde wrote:

Also, these young professionals have to overcome this. This is business, being too friendly won't get your far, hard to be too emotional attached to your teammate.if one thing they need to grow from. Is this one, getting their closest teammates being traded.

These are professionals and humans. Nothing wrong with teammates being attached to each other. Any GM who looks at this as a negative is a bloody jackass.

You want the teammates to have feelings, bonding and emotions. That reflects a healthy work environment. These are not robots. I’m glad we have a team wherein, they feel like this for one another. Where there is emotion there is passion. And passion leads to eventual productivity.

Just because you like the idea of cap space being created and hoarded doesn’t mean we validate or absolve the wrongs. Yeah once the 2 max agents get here all bets are off. Until then this is a lop sided trade favoring the Cavs.


ralppcobarde
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 5822

rp.gif
votes: 27

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
You can play all of them that’s why you have what is known as a bench in basketball. Lopez wasn’t going nowhere then, Lopez is going nowhere now.

Stop worrying about Kuzma’s future, we have others to look after as well. You can move on by all means (like magic) who is stopping you? Lol. I refuse to move on and I’m going to focus on what we have and what we recently had as well.

Okay. Your pleasure.


ralppcobarde
LNS HOF Bronze
 Avatar
Age: 24
Posts: 5822

rp.gif
votes: 27

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
These are professionals and humans. Nothing wrong with teammates being attached to each other. Any GM who looks at this as a negative is a bloody jackass.

You want the teammates to have feelings, bonding and emotions. That reflects a healthy work environment. These are not robots. I’m glad we have a team which feels like this for other teammates. Where there is emotion there is passion. Passion leads to eventual productivity.

Just because you like the idea of cap space being created and hoarded doesn’t mean we validate or absolve the wrongs. Yeah once the 2 max agents get here all bets are off. Until then this is a lop sided trade favoring the Cavs.

No one says its negative. But being too attached with your teammates is also negative. See,Lamar Odom. Professionals? They can't be Professionals when they can't act one. At the end of the day they need to ball & play well.

You can't be happy when you are 11th seed and 23-33. What happy environment is here anyways? Happy is when they are winning.

Plus, this is the system they live in. These happens so much around the league.


ralppcobarde
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 5822

rp.gif
votes: 27

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
You can play all of them that’s why you have what is known as a bench in basketball. Lopez wasn’t going nowhere then, Lopez is going nowhere now.

Stop worrying about Kuzma’s future, we have others to look after as well. You can move on by all means (like magic) who is stopping you? Lol. I refuse to move on and I’m going to focus on what we have and what we recently had as well.

Well, no one is stopping me from moving on.Kuzma is the future & Nance was not. Oh, the same poster who says Nance sucks or JC sucks from game to game,ballhog etc etc.. So crying now they are gone? Haha!


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Silver
 Avatar
Posts: 13937
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 61

ralppcobarde wrote:
No one says its negative. But being too attached with your teammates is also negative. See,Lamar Odom. Professionals? They can't be Professionals when they can't act one. At the end of the day they need to ball & play well.

You can't be happy when you are 11th seed and 23-33. What happy environment is here anyways? Happy is when they are winning.

Lamar Odom was a 33 year old multiple nba champion and 6th man of the year before he got dumped. These are kids who were not allowed to prove where they could end up. So what if we are 23-33. That’s growth right there compared to the previous years. Success is not achieved overnight. Lakers fans are still behind them and understand the bigger picture.

Classic post of an impatient laker fan dying to see superstars and hoping to experience instant gratification.

PS: Nothing wrong for the way LO reacted. He was given a raw deal.


ralppcobarde
LNS HOF Bronze
 Avatar
Age: 24
Posts: 5822

rp.gif
votes: 27

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
Lamar Odom was 33 year old multiple nba champion and 6th man of the year before he got dumped. These are kids who were not allowed to prove where they could end up. So what if we are 23-33. That’s growth right there compared to the previous years. Success is not achieved overnight. Lakers fans are still behind them and understand the bigger picture.

Classic post of an impatient laker fan dying to see superstars and hoping to experience instant gratification.

PS: Nothing wrong for the way LO reacted. He was given a raw deal.

I guess you still don't know how the business goes you can't made a decision solely based on your emotions & call yourself a professional.

Nothing wrong with his decision? It was so wrong,that it was his downfall.he gave up on his career after that.Emotions got the best of him.

Im not impatient. You are.so impatient that you hate every player,coach & front office.i want to see how it goes & what this front office will do. You have to widen & broaden the picture more to be even bigger.


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Silver
 Avatar
Posts: 13937
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 61

ralppcobarde wrote:
Well, no one is stopping me from moving on.Kuzma is the future & Nance was not. Oh, the same poster who says Nance sucks or JC sucks from game to game,ballhog etc etc.. So crying now they are gone? Haha!

I can call out whoever I want. I call out Kuzma, Randle, BI and Ball as well. Jc was a ball hog and used to be called that. But he was also playing within the system this year. Nance used to be a bonehead from time to time. All of them have flaws. Kuz is terrible on D. Randle is reckless, BI gets carried away with extreme Iso basketball. Does that mean we trade them all away cause they have those obvious flaws? You don’t develop them and then abandon them like hot potatoes to create cap flexibility.

Kuzma might be special for you hence you claim he’s the future. For me Kuzma and rest of them are the future.


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Silver
 Avatar
Posts: 13937
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 61

ralppcobarde wrote:
I guess you still don't know how the business goes you can't made a decision solely based on your emotions & call yourself a professional.

Nothing wrong with his decision? It was so wrong,that it was his downfall.he gave up on his career after that.Emotions got the best of him.

I'm not impatient. You are.i want to see how it goes & what this front office will do. You have to widen & broaden the picture more to be even bigger.

Right or wrong is subjective. It can be an emotional decision on part of the front office as well, to give in to an emotional player’s hurt ego without giving it a fighting chance. I will broaden the picture and get a 75 inch television as well, to widen the spectrum if this front office delivers. Until then everything is speculation.

Edit; you keep editing your posts after I post my replies.

I can hate any coach, player or front office cause that’s my prerogative. What’s it to you?


ralppcobarde
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 5822

rp.gif
votes: 27

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
Right or wrong is subjective. It can be an emotional decision on part of the front office as well, to give in to an emotional player’s hurt ego without giving it a fighting chance. I will broaden the picture and get a 75 inch television as well, to widen the spectrum if this front office delivers. Until then everything is speculation.

Lamar wasn't committed anymore to the team.he wanted out. There was 0% chance of him getting back that time.


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13937
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 61

ralppcobarde wrote:
Lamar wasn't committed anymore to the team.he wanted out. There was 0% chance of him getting back that time.

Did he tell you that personally?

Man I’m really tired going back and forth with you. I remember last time we went back and forth it lasted 5 pages. lol.

Let’s do ourselves a favor and tune each other out.


ralppcobarde
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 5822

rp.gif
votes: 27

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
Right or wrong is subjective. It can be an emotional decision on part of the front office as well, to give in to an emotional player’s hurt ego without giving it a fighting chance. I will broaden the picture and get a 75 inch television as well, to widen the spectrum if this front office delivers. Until then everything is speculation.

Edit; you keep editing your posts after I post my replies.

I can hate any coach, player or front office cause that’s my prerogative. What’s it to you?

Nothing. I can do whatever i want including editing my post. What is it with you too? Hehe


ralppcobarde
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 5822

rp.gif
votes: 27

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
Did he tell you that personally?

Man I’m really tired going back and forth with you. I remember last time we went back and forth it lasted 5 pages. lol.

Let’s do ourselves a favor and tune each other out.

Better that way.hehe


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13937
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 61

ralppcobarde wrote:
Better that way.hehe

True hehehe.


gemfow
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12045
Location: Maryland
us.gif
votes: 179

ralppcobarde wrote:
Its up in the air if whether Randle will be out or not. He will be resigned with this team, if we don't get a superstar. This team this season will be 11th seed with or without Clarkson & Nance.

This is my opinion, but i could not see growth when you are out of the playoffs still.

If the FO decides to wait and go for stars before handling the Randle contract then they run the risk of another team like Dallas who also has cap room to sign him to an offer sheet. This was very problematic when Kupchak tried this very risky and borderline method of looking at superstars to sign while the talent that is on the roster signs elsewhere while waiting for a decision.

How can you not see growth if you're not in the playoffs? The playoffs are just an additional season, look at this season here, this team has shown growth individually and as a team but the trade has sent them tumbling a little.

Imo the Lakers are really hurting themselves because they seem so intent on big names that they don't seem to look at the thing of big names wanting to play with a well-built team so they can win. You can't just keep letting talent walk out the door.


lakers_fan_1995
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1742
Location: Riverside
votes: 2

Lonzo Ball new album lowkey cool. That Lavar track dope


Ray
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1393
Location: Ray
votes: 19

gemfow wrote:
If the FO decides to wait and go for stars before handling the Randle contract then they run the risk of another team like Dallas who also has cap room to sign him to an offer sheet. This was very problematic when Kupchak tried this very risky and borderline method of looking at superstars to sign while the talent that is on the roster signs elsewhere while waiting for a decision.

How can you not see growth if you're not in the playoffs? The playoffs are just an additional season, look at this season here, this team has shown growth individually and as a team but the trade has sent them tumbling a little.

Imo the Lakers are really hurting themselves because they seem so intent on big names that they don't seem to look at the thing of big names wanting to play with a well-built team so they can win. You can't just keep letting talent walk out the door.

What if Randle agent throughout some number like 22 million, are the Lakers suppose to give him that before this year even started? We have the luxury of keeping him if we want, No team can simply take him away from us this summer. We can match anything.

Look at it this way, lets assume Randles agent wanted a good chunk of money and that is why an extension didn't work. Because if Randle was only asking for 12 million a year for his extension, I'm sure they would have got this deal done. So I assume Randle wanted some where around 20 million a year. So why would the Lakers give him that extension this past summer, instead they could wait and see how this year plays out and just match that kind of money if another team throws it at him. Lakers have no reason to throw him whatever crazy number his Agent suggested. When we can match that crazy number this summer if we want to. Also by giving him a huge extension this past summer we rule out, the fact that maybe nobody will offer him 20 million this summer and we just gave him way to much money thinking another team would go all out on him.

This is the whole purpose of drafting a player and them becoming a restricted FA it allows us this advantage.


Options Quick Reply: RE: Lakers Trade Clarkson, Nance To Cavs For Thomas, Frye, FRP
register
You are an anonymous user- or .
Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
Notify me when a reply is posted
Don't Check Spelling
   
 
Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home
Post new topic   Reply to topic
register
You are an anonymous user- Register now or Log in Now!


Add our Los Angeles Lakers Blog RSS Feed, the Lakers Rumors RSS Feed, the Lakers News RSS feed, and the Lakers Forum RSS feed to get the latest Laker News and Rumors and Lakers Game info in your RSS/XML reader!