Lakers at Oklahoma City Thunder Game Day 2018-02-04 (P. 3)

Lakers News Surge Forum/Message Board » Lakers Game Day
Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Search This Topic:
 
Tempy
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12005
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif
votes: 45

userpete1037 wrote:
What's funny is you should've seent his forum when we drafted them. People were kind of outraged. Now look...lol. Imagine if they'd give Bryant the same opportunities.

That's like me saying you should have seen this forum when they signed Anthony Brown, he was going to be an all star according to some. Hindsight.


Tempy
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12005
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif
votes: 45

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
It’s official: J Hart has replaced KCP. Lol

There is absolutely no reason to resign KCP. NONE. Hart is the future. Just wish another center could be given a chance instead of Lopez.


Tempy
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12005
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif
votes: 45

userpete1037 wrote:
Melo didn't want it with that dude...lol.

Melo looked finished


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13937
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 61

Tempy wrote:
Melo looked finished

What’s funny is Melo was known as the key proponent of the term “Bully Ball.” But he was schooled today. Lol. Got beat down in his own game.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 17251
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

Tempy wrote:
That's like me saying you should have seen this forum when they signed Anthony Brown, he was going to be an all star according to some. Hindsight.

Don't recall that and never ever thought that.


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13937
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 61


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 17251
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:

OMG!!!!!.....That's just awesome!!!!


Tempy
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12005
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif
votes: 45

userpete1037 wrote:
Don't recall that and never ever thought that.

Never said you did, lol. Go back and read the thread though its entertaining, the Hibbert signing thread always makes me laugh!


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 17251
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

Tempy wrote:
Never said you did, lol. Go back and read the thread though its entertaining, the Hibbert signing thread always makes me laugh!

Lol...ok gotcha.


Ray
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1393
Location: Ray
votes: 19

All I got to say is #playoffpush


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12681
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 20


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12681
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 20

Ray wrote:
All I got to say is #playoffpush

Just don't see it happening with just 30 games let and 8th seed has 7 game lead. But you never know, just think they'd have a win at least 20 or more of remaining 30 games.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 17251
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

If somehow they did make the playoffs, that'd be so awesome.


Ray
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1393
Location: Ray
votes: 19

kkennon1 wrote:
Just don't see it happening with just 30 games let and 8th seed has 7 game lead. But you never know, just think they'd have a win at least 20 or more of remaining 30 games.

Realistically Lakers could win 7 of there next 8 games in February. That would be 28-32. Clips are gonna drop if they do move Jordan and lou as expected. Pelicans have alrdy began dropping going 1-3 since cousins went down.

However Utah is doing good. I ultimately think we get 9th seed behind Utah.

A lot can chance with trades though.


Axle
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14304
Location: Axle
votes: 71

The Lakers when they decided to go by way of the draft, they had to sacrifice several seasons by tanking. Now that we have the draft picks, it seems like they are good star potential players once they get a few years of experience on the nba. Lets not get rid of them now for old washed up players on their thirties. Giving up the farm for two players is not smart.

Randle, Clarkson the two that have been on the news lately are playing real good ball for the Lakers and will get better. Give Randle a contract. He is not afraid to bang in the paint with any player. Fact some will even back off when they see Randle coming with a full load of steam. Like SPQR mentioned on another post that this young man is entertaining and likes to mix it up.

SPQR is correct about Randle and has opened some eyes on the Laker critics including myself. I always criticized him for lowering his shoulder and plowing over players, but he has out grown that. He does not do it much anymore. Glad the coaches talked to him about running over players will cost the team some wins.


Axle
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14304
Location: Axle
votes: 71

Ray wrote:
All I got to say is #playoffpush

Depends what the Lakers do. If they decide to let Randle and Clarkson go for garbage players or draft picks, it will take this young team down in wins. The moral issue is at stake with young players. These young guys have been together now for at least two years and breaking them up for cap space will set the Lakers back.

If the Lakers do nothing by Feb 8, we can assume they will retain what we have and see how far they get this season with this bunch of young players.


Tempy
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12005
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif
votes: 45

Ray wrote:
Realistically Lakers could win 7 of there next 8 games in February. That would be 28-32. Clips are gonna drop if they do move Jordan and lou as expected. Pelicans have alrdy began dropping going 1-3 since cousins went down.

However Utah is doing good. I ultimately think we get 9th seed behind Utah.

A lot can chance with trades though.

Realistically? They just got blew out by the Magic 2 games ago lol.

Today was a nice win but the schedule the rest of the year is tough. I doubt they even go 15-15 the rest of the season which is not enough.


Axle
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14304
Location: Axle
votes: 71

Lakers should win 20 more games the rest of the season if they do not trade Clarkson and Randle. But they got to play with effort, IF they go out and just go through the motions to collect their pay checks, they are not going to win many.


Tempy
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12005
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif
votes: 45

Axle wrote:
Lakers should win 20 more games the rest of the season if they do not trade Clarkson and Randle. But they got to play with effort, IF they go out and just go through the motions to collect their pay checks, they are not going to win many.

20 & 10 the rest of the season after going 21 and 31 so far? Lol

Alrighty then


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12681
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 20

Ray wrote:
Realistically Lakers could win 7 of there next 8 games in February. That would be 28-32. Clips are gonna drop if they do move Jordan and lou as expected. Pelicans have alrdy began dropping going 1-3 since cousins went down.

However Utah is doing good. I ultimately think we get 9th seed behind Utah.

A lot can chance with trades though.

Denver also playing well.


Ray
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1393
Location: Ray
votes: 19

Tempy wrote:
Realistically? They just got blew out by the Magic 2 games ago lol.

Today was a nice win but the schedule the rest of the year is tough. I doubt they even go 15-15 the rest of the season which is not enough.

I agree 15-15 won't get them a playoff spot. They would need to at least finish the year 20-10 to have chance at that spot. However depending on what happens at trade deadline. If they keep this same team together as now and make no moves, then I think 15-15 is very doable.

19 of their last 30 games are against teams that are the 6th seed and lower (lottery teams) Basically any team that may not end up making the playoffs by the end of this year. I included the 7th and 8th seeds because those seeds could easily flex in and out of the playoff spot, since they are so close to the border on being a playoff team or not. That's not to say we will win those 19 games, just simply showing our schedule overall is not as rough as you may think it is. 20-10 would be amazing, Ill save my final judgement for end of year till after trade deadline.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12681
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 20

Ray wrote:
I agree 15-15 won't get them a playoff spot. They would need to at least finish the year 20-10 to have chance at that spot. However depending on what happens at trade deadline. If they keep this same team together as now and make no moves, then I think 15-15 is very doable.

19 of their last 30 games are against teams that are the 6th seed and lower (lottery teams) Basically any team that may not end up making the playoffs by the end of this year. I included the 7th and 8th seeds because those seeds could easily flex in and out of the playoff spot, since they are so close to the border on being a playoff team or not. That's not to say we will win those 19 games, just simply showing our schedule overall is not as rough as you may think it is. 20-10 would be amazing, Ill save my final judgement for end of year till after trade deadline.

Also a lot of those lottery teams will be in tank mode. It's going to be hard ,but not impossible. Lol


WatchTheSkyFall24
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 6208

us.gif
votes: 22

ralppcobarde wrote:
Gotta give credit to our scouting staff that drafted, Hart & Kuzma so late. Didn't expect they’ll be a solid players going forward. The defense has been pretty good this game. Great win.

Agreed, good calls by the front office. Maybe scouts will start targeting more juniors and seniors like Kuzma and Hart instead of taking chances on little baby freshmen.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12681
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 20


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12681
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 20

Shots fired!!! Lavar your turn!!! Lol


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13937
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 61

kkennon1 wrote:
Shots fired!!! Lavar your turn!!! Lol

Lavar’s response: Greek shyt. Lmao!!!


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12681
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 20
Ray wrote:
I agree 15-15 won't get them a playoff spot. They would need to at least finish the year 20-10 to have chance at that spot. However depending on what happens at trade deadline. If they keep this same team together as now and make no moves, then I think 15-15 is very doable. 19 of their last 30 games are against teams that are the 6th seed and lower (lottery teams) Basically any team that may not end up making the playoffs by the end of this year. I included the 7th and 8th seeds because those seeds could....


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12681
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 20

Hey guys , go ahead and rest up. No need to risk further injury. Lol


Axle
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14304
Location: Axle
votes: 71

Why is Steven A Smith pushing for Magic to fire Walton and hire Fizdale. I think Luke is doing a fine job with this young team and I wish the mouth (Steven A) would keep his thoughts to himself.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12681
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 20

Axle wrote:
Why is Steven A Smith pushing for Magic to fire Walton and hire Fizdale. I think Luke is doing a fine job with this young team and I wish the mouth (Steven A) would keep his thoughts to himself.

If your talking about this Axle, don't hear Steven A pushing for Fizdale, in fact he says he has just heard rumors, but has not confirmed anything himself.

http://es.pn/2nIWTzk via @ESPN App http://es.pn/app


Options Quick Reply: RE: Lakers at Oklahoma City Thunder Game Day 2018-02-04
register
You are an anonymous user- or .
Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
Notify me when a reply is posted
Don't Check Spelling
   
 
Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home
Post new topic   Reply to topic
register
You are an anonymous user- Register now or Log in Now!


Add our Los Angeles Lakers Blog RSS Feed, the Lakers Rumors RSS Feed, the Lakers News RSS feed, and the Lakers Forum RSS feed to get the latest Laker News and Rumors and Lakers Game info in your RSS/XML reader!