Father Time Is Undefeated

Lakers Forum » Lakers General Discussions
Author Search This Topic:
 
BaadMaster
votes: 98
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8621

I am watching the Rockets blow out the Cavs at Cleveland. LeBron looks old, slow and tired. Age is very cruel in the NBA; you turn around and someone jumps higher, runs faster, shoots better and is younger. This is not to impugn LeBron. He has had a great career -- but it looks like Father Time has caught up to him.

The point that bears stressing is that the Lakers should not repeat their past mistakes and chase after Legends at the end of their career. Like Steve Nash. And even paying Kobe Superstar money when he was not a Superstar anymore.

And don't be deceived because James will have a triple double game now and then. But the triple double machine is getting a bit long in the tooth as the saying goes.

Please FO -- do not pursue LeBron at the expense of our youth.

PG13 YES! (If possible). LeBron NO!

Sadly, Father Time is undefeated. Especially in the NBA.

kkennon1
votes: 23
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14352
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif

2nd that!!!!

Besides, I think LBJ is playing against team he'll sign with.

JJCali
votes: 22
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8544

us.gif

Baad, I would rep this, but unfortunately I cannot rep you anymore. James is still great, but I've always said when his athleticism goes, it will take a huge toll on his game. He is very skilled, but replies more on his athleticism than some other superstars, like a Kobe or a Curry for example. I think he will still be very good to great (but yes declining) for another 2 seasons probably, but after that he'll start to decline quite rapidly.

JJCali
votes: 22
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8544

us.gif

kkennon1 wrote:
2nd that!!!!

Besides, I think LBJ is playing against team he'll sign with.

3rd that!!!! Lol

ralppcobarde
votes: 28
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 6183

rp.gif

Watched that game.That team is poorly constructed and with IT it doesn't help them on defense because of their lack of size. Reminiscent of our 2011 Lakers when we got swept,

Old, slow , and tired.

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16773
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

We are signing Vince carter...lmao

userpete1037
votes: 18
LNS HOF Platinum

Posts: 20264
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif

BaadMaster wrote:
I am watching the Rockets blow out the Cavs at Cleveland. LeBron looks old, slow and tired. Age is very cruel in the NBA; you turn around and someone jumps higher, runs faster, shoots better and is younger. This is not to impugn LeBron. He has had a great career -- but it looks like Father Time has caught up to him.

The point that bears stressing is that the Lakers should not repeat their past mistakes and chase after Legends at the end of their career. Like Steve Nash. And even paying Kobe Superstar money when he was not a Superstar anymore.

And don't be deceived because James will have a triple double game now and then. But the triple double machine is getting a bit long in the tooth as the saying goes.

Please FO -- do not pursue LeBron at the expense of our youth.

PG13 YES! (If possible). LeBron NO!

Sadly, Father Time is undefeated. Especially in the NBA.

And sadly Magic will pursue him. I heard Snoop Dog say today that LBJ should be the Lakers top priority. Personally I don't want him but I don't have anything against him either. But again, Magic will go after him hard and if he comes...smh, I'll just have to live with it.

Shepherd
votes: 55
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 11041

ez.gif


Repped High Quality Post

Lebron would function better with the Rockets as he wouldn't be the first option. As he would be in CLE or for LA. If he wants to win more rings he can't carry a team anymore. He's not even very old, what is he 32? Kobe could carry until he was 36. But your point is well taken. Kobe had more skill. Lebron is all brawn. Coming to LA to carry this team? Ughhhh. With a rookie PG. Even with PG13 it would take more than that. That team would be younger, but otherwise not that much better than the Cavs are now. It would have to be a superteam including the likes of Cousins. Then yes they could compete against the Dubs and Rocks.

JJCali
votes: 22
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8544

us.gif

ralppcobarde wrote:
Watched that game.That team is poorly constructed and with IT it doesn't help them on defense because of their lack of size. Reminiscent of our 2011 Lakers when we got swept,

Old, slow , and tired.

Nice comparison!

JJCali
votes: 22
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8544

us.gif

I was just watching the highlights of the game, if you pay attention to LBJ, you'll see one of the worst defenders in the league many times. He's just as bad as he used to be. No way I would take him, he will be in decline and bring more bad defense, headaches, crying, flopping and bad leadership to this team while crippling the cap space. No thank you.


Options Quick Reply: RE: Father Time Is Undefeated
register
You are an anonymous user- or .
Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
Notify me when a reply is posted
Don't Check Spelling
Note: Twitter & Youtube BBCODE Tags are no longer necessary. The system will automatically convert links to tweets & youtube videos.
   


   
   
register
You are an anonymous user- Register now or Log in Now!