Lakers at Toronto Raptors Game Day 2018-01-28 (P. 2)

Lakers News Surge Forum/Message Board » Lakers Game Day
Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Search This Topic:
 
IhatetheCeltics
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8115
votes: 50

I wasn't expecting them to win this one, but they have to stop playing Ennis. Seriously, I'd rather they give someone from the G-League a shot before they play him another minute. Just gives you nothing out there, doesn't make his presence felt at all.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13187
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 20

BaadMaster wrote:
I admit I am too quick to judge, but BI is likely a bum. I never realized he is a total washout as a shooter in a three point league. Devin Booker is the one we needed. Trade him if someone will take some Dung with him.

I missed the game, but why is KCP getting all those minutes?

And when is Zo getting back? We need him bad.

Kuz 0-4 from 3 , likely a bum too. Lol

But if they were to trade him and Deng , they still better be getting pick back !!!! What the point of trading him just to get rid of Deng and have cap space for FA's that aren't coming.


Tempy
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12176
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif
votes: 46

kkennon1 wrote:
Kuz 0-4 from 3 , likely a bum too. Lol

But if they were to trade him and Deng , they still better be getting pick back !!!! What the point of trading him just to get rid of Deng and have cap space for FA's that aren't coming.

I don't understand all these nonsense trade requests/ideas. No one is taking Deng, not until next year's trade deadline at the very least. There is no point stretching him paying money for nothing for 5 seasons either.

The roster is going to take years to piece together. No superstar is going to come in and fix the problems. Is PG13 going to fix the ft issues or the 3pt shooting?

It's time the FO put down a foundation and started building instead of pitching up a tent.


BaadMaster
LNS HOF Bronze
 Avatar
Posts: 8069
votes: 98

kkennon1 wrote:
Kuz 0-4 from 3 , likely a bum too. Lol ....

In all fairness, even taking my fan approach to Kuz into account, shooters shoot. Klay Thompson shot like spit in the Celtics game. He still got his minutes.

Kuz being zero for four means he missed four shots...BFD, that happens even to great shooters like Harden. But he should not be pulled; Kuz and Clarkson should be given the same minutes a blind shooter like KCP gets, who had thirty five minutes of PT. Maybe either could have had another 17 point fourth quarter -- you never know if KCP gets all the minutes.

When Clarky and Kuz demonstrate that they can score big, scoring multiple 30+ games, you reward them with extra PT -- not less and then give the heavy minutes to KCP.

BI gets the minutes and he shoots like he needs thick glasses.

Luke sucks. It is that simple.


Tempy
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12176
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif
votes: 46

BaadMaster wrote:
In all fairness, even taking my fan approach to Kuz into account, shooters shoot. Klay Thompson shot like spit in the Celtics game. He still got his minutes.

Kuz being zero for four means he missed four shots...BFD, that happens even to great shooters like Harden. But he should not be pulled; Kuz and Clarkson should be given the same minutes a blind shooter like KCP gets, who had thirty five minutes of PT. Maybe either could have had another 17 point fourth quarter -- you never know if KCP gets all the minutes.

When Clarky and Kuz demonstrate that they can score big, scoring multiple 30+ games, you reward them with extra PT -- not less and then give the heavy minutes to KCP.

BI gets the minutes and he shoots like he needs thick glasses.

Luke sucks. It is that simple.

I don't understand why KCP gets the minutes he gets. He isn't the future, ditto Lopez.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 18055
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

As far as KCP goes, it's called "Do Unto Rich Paul".......lol.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13187
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 20

BaadMaster wrote:
In all fairness, even taking my fan approach to Kuz into account, shooters shoot. Klay Thompson shot like spit in the Celtics game. He still got his minutes.

Kuz being zero for four means he missed four shots...BFD, that happens even to great shooters like Harden. But he should not be pulled; Kuz and Clarkson should be given the same minutes a blind shooter like KCP gets, who had thirty five minutes of PT. Maybe either could have had another 17 point fourth quarter -- you never know if KCP gets all the minutes.

When Clarky and Kuz demonstrate that they can score big, scoring multiple 30+ games, you reward them with extra PT -- not less and then give the heavy minutes to KCP.

BI gets the minutes and he shoots like he needs thick glasses.

Luke sucks. It is that simple.

He was 0-4 from 3 ,he took more shots, 1-5 the last game from 3. So if your saying a player needs to be able to hit 3's or he's a bum, than Kuz is a bum. Lol

And no I'm not saying he is, but neither is BI. As I stated before, clearly you didn't pay attention to BI's scouting report.


BaadMaster
LNS HOF Bronze
 Avatar
Posts: 8069
votes: 98

kkennon1 wrote:
He was 0-4 from 3 ,he took more shots, 1-5 the last game from 3. So if your saying a player needs to be able to hit 3's or he's a bum, than Kuz is a bum. Lol

And no I'm not saying he is, but neither is BI. As I stated before, clearly you didn't pay attention to BI's scouting report.

The question isn't that Kuz went 1-9 over two games. Kobe went, as I recall 3/23 in a playoff game (we won.) The problem is, as a shooter, that he only took 9 shots over two games. This from a guy who reeled off 17 points in a quarter against (as I recall) THE CELTICS. Only Kuz and Clarky have demonstrated the ability to carry the team on their respective backs. On successive nights.

If either of them miss a few shots in a row, they are pulled. That does not instill confidence -- especially if you have a shooters mentality. Yet Pope can play like spit and gets to start and play Kobe minutes. What is wrong with this picture?

I will not discuss BI because I will wait to see if he ever improves.

As to our three point shooting fool of a center, the less said the better.

On a positive note -- I think with a good coach, a free throw coach and Zo back, we would be a .500 team. We have shown the ability to win against top flight opponents.

And those are my opinions.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13187
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 20

BaadMaster wrote:
The question isn't that Kuz went 1-9 over two games. Kobe went, as I recall 3/23 in a playoff game (we won.) The problem is, as a shooter, that he only took 9 shots over two games. This from a guy who reeled off 17 points in a quarter against (as I recall) THE CELTICS. Only Kuz and Clarky have demonstrated the ability to carry the team on their respective backs. On successive nights.

If either of them miss a few shots in a row, they are pulled. That does not instill confidence -- especially if you have a shooters mentality. Yet Pope can play like spit and gets to start and play Kobe minutes. What is wrong with this picture?

I will not discuss BI because I will wait to see if he ever improves.

As to our three point shooting fool of a center, the less said the better.

On a positive note -- I think with a good coach, a free throw coach and Zo back, we would be a .500 team. We have shown the ability to win against top flight opponents.

And those are my opinions.

Think we have a good coach considering the roster we have, and I have never heard of a free throw coach. Lol

Also don't really care about Lopez or KCP, since it doubtful they'll be on team next season. And Lakers have been winning these games on defense more than anything else. Something Kuz might try getting better at.

Also if your upset by mins played, think Luke is going with who's having a better game, and tonight Pope had better game than either Kuz or Clarkson. And I don't mind them keeping Kuz mins down, think they wore him out earlier this year when he was playing 30+ mins. Imo


PintheV43
NewsSurge Newbie
Posts: 1
votes: 0

Luke should stop playing guys that are not producing like Tired Anus and Corey Brewer. Limit balls minutes to less than 26 minutes a game. Then trade ingram with dung then we will be fine.


ToneBone24
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 137
votes: 2

I can't wait for this season to end. We need stars that'll bring it every night. Also, I'm sick in tired of seeing article after article talking about what Lonzo Ball is doing off the court. I don't card about his planned concert in Lithuania or how is trolling someone on twitter or instagram. I care about the court and I'm tired of losing. Get somebody in here who's not injury prone.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13187
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 20

ToneBone24 wrote:
I can't wait for this season to end. We need stars that'll bring it every night. Also, I'm sick in tired of seeing article after article talking about what Lonzo Ball is doing off the court. I don't card about his planned concert in Lithuania or how is trolling someone on twitter or instagram. I care about the court and I'm tired of losing. Get somebody in here who's not injury prone.

And if no stars come???


ToneBone24
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 137
votes: 2

A couple of big time players are coming just not soon enough.


BaadMaster
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8069
votes: 98

PintheV43 wrote:
... Then trade Ingram with Dung then we will be fine.

Finally someone agrees with me. BI is a bum. It is that simple.

You cannot teach intensity. And Ingram just don't got any.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13187
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 20

ToneBone24 wrote:
A couple of big time players are coming just not soon enough.

So we'll have all kinds of cap space for who knows how long. Lmao !!!!


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13187
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 20

BaadMaster wrote:
Finally someone agrees with me. BI is a bum. It is that simple.

You cannot teach intensity. And Ingram just don't got any.

I've give you he has a lot of Development left. But to early to get rid of just yet. Think you might be saying same thing about Kuz if he was a one and done, he wasn't exactly lighting it up in his 1st couple years in college.

If he still can shoot like Randle after year 4 , than I'd think about it. But Deng's contract will be up by than .Lol


Ray
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1440
Location: Ray
votes: 21

BaadMaster wrote:
Finally someone agrees with me. BI is a bum. It is that simple.

You cannot teach intensity. And Ingram just don't got any.

I assume we should maybe throw Lonzo into a trade as well, he does not have any intensity either.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13187
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 20

Ray wrote:
I assume we should maybe throw Lonzo into a trade as well, he does not have any intensity either.

Lmao !!!!!


Ray
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1440
Location: Ray
votes: 21

BaadMaster wrote:
I admit I am too quick to judge, but BI is likely a bum. I never realized he is a total washout as a shooter in a three point league. Devin Booker is the one we needed. Trade him if someone will take some Dung with him.

I missed the game, but why is KCP getting all those minutes?

And when is Zo getting back? We need him bad.

Just because Ingram doesn't get fired up like Wesbrook after every shot means he is a bum? Can you guess who this bum is below? This guy is great comparison. Same position / body type / both on terrible teams early on in their careers.

(PPG / 3P% / REB / AST)

(1 yr) 7 / 35% / 4.4 / 1.9

(2 yr) 13 / 16% / 6.7 / 2.6

(3 yr) 17 / 26% / 7.7 / 4.3

(4 yr) 23 / 27% / 8.8 / 5.4

(5 yr) 28 / 31% / 10.1 / 4.7

Here is Brandon Ingram:

(PPG / 3P% / REB / AST)

(1 yr) 9 / 29% / 4 / 2.1

(2 yr) 16 / 34% / 5.4 / 3.4

This would suggest Brandon Ingram is more on pace to the unknown player above in his year 3 compared to Brandon in year 2. This appear to me Brandon is making better progress then the unknown guy above.

Now lets be clear, I'm not saying he will become the unknown guy, but to write Ingram off is stupid. Ingram has increased his every stats this year from his rookie year. In reality he is one of the few guys that would rather take it the ball to the rim, then throw up 3pts all night. He has a nice jump shot and is not afraid to drive the lane.

PS: the unknown guy is the Greek Freak if you couldn't figure it out.


Shepherd
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 10535

ez.gif
votes: 53

Ray wrote:
Just because Ingram doesn't get fired up like Wesbrook after every shot means he is a bum? Can you guess who this bum is below? This guy is great comparison. Same position / body type / both on terrible teams early on in their careers.

(PPG / 3P% / REB / AST)

(1 yr) 7 / 35% / 4.4 / 1.9

(2 yr) 13 / 16% / 6.7 / 2.6

(3 yr) 17 / 26% / 7.7 / 4.3

(4 yr) 23 / 27% / 8.8 / 5.4

(5 yr) 28 / 31% / 10.1 / 4.7

Here is Brandon Ingram:

(PPG / 3P% / REB / AST)

(1 yr) 9 / 29% / 4 / 2.1

(2 yr) 16 / 34% / 5.4 / 3.4

This would suggest Brandon Ingram is more on pace to the unknown player above in his year 3 compared to Brandon in year 2. This appear to me Brandon is making better progress then the unknown guy above.

Now lets be clear, I'm not saying he will become the unknown guy, but to write Ingram off is stupid. Ingram has increased his every stats this year from his rookie year. In reality he is one of the few guys that would rather take it the ball to the rim, then throw up 3pts all night. He has a nice jump shot and is not afraid to drive the lane.

PS: the unknown guy is the Greek Freak if you couldn't figure it out.

Completely different body type, and GF came from Europe. I've said from day 1 I'm not convinced about BI at all. Just his awkward body movements, and struggling with strength. GF is a big strong dude. Bi is not. I'm currently not convinced anyone on the Lakers other than Kuz and Hart are worth keeping. I guess Zo as he's a rookie and too soon to judge. But I'd be open to trading anyone else.


ToneBone24
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 137
votes: 2

kkennon1,

You can keep your sarcasm I'm not interested. My focus is on my team so I come on here to vent. I'm not here to be liked so if my post are disliked then simply move on. No need to comment on my views. I'm sick of what I'm seeing on the floor and I'm sick of losing. The Summer can't get hear fast enough. Unlike a lot of fans I won't except the garbage that's being displayed on a nightly bases. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!


Ray
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1440
Location: Ray
votes: 21
Shepherd wrote:
Completely different body type, and GF came from Europe. I've said from day 1 I'm not convinced about BI at all. Just his awkward body movements, and struggling with strength. GF is a big strong dude. Bi is not. I'm currently not convinced anyone on the Lakers other than Kuz and Hart are worth keeping. I guess Zo as he's a rookie and too soon to judge. But I'd be open to trading anyone else.
They are both lengthy forwards in the NBA. And actually they both came into the NBA at similar weight if go look back, both were like....


Shepherd
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 10535

ez.gif
votes: 53
Ray wrote:
They are both lengthy forwards in the NBA. And actually they both came into the NBA at similar weight if go look back, both were like 195 or something. Really it appears Ingram is progressing as a better score and passer if you compare Ingram i his 2nd year and GF in his 2nd year. I am all for trading any one on the team if it the trade directly leads to us being in position to make conference finals and give GSW warriors a real fight. The chance of a team made only using their own draft picks and some....


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13187
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 20

ToneBone24 wrote:
kkennon1,

You can keep your sarcasm I'm not interested. My focus is on my team so I come on here to vent. I'm not here to be liked so if my post are disliked then simply move on. No need to comment on my views. I'm sick of what I'm seeing on the floor and I'm sick of losing. The Summer can't get hear fast enough. Unlike a lot of fans I won't except the garbage that's being displayed on a nightly bases. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!!

Lol, don't know what your talking about, but I'll voice my opinion any time I want, just like I'm sure you will. That what this forum is ,to comment others views and voice your own opinion. Think we're all sick of losing, although personally I doubt it ends anyone soon.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13187
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 20

Shepherd wrote:
Completely different body type, and GF came from Europe. I've said from day 1 I'm not convinced about BI at all. Just his awkward body movements, and struggling with strength. GF is a big strong dude. Bi is not. I'm currently not convinced anyone on the Lakers other than Kuz and Hart are worth keeping. I guess Zo as he's a rookie and too soon to judge. But I'd be open to trading anyone else.

Shep, GF was 6 pounds heavier than BI coming into draft. His body has changed and he's worked on getting stronger. Think BI can do same thing.

Take a look ,does his body remind you of someone on Lakers currently.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Gia ... nmpo-7223/


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13187
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 20

I was wondering when Lavar would take credit for Lakers winning 8 out of 11. Well he has now!!! Lmao


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
 Avatar
Posts: 18055
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

I'd like to see where he's at after a couple of months with that team in Lithuania. If they're winning, oh boy. Think he's talking now, just wait....lol.


Options Quick Reply: RE: Lakers at Toronto Raptors Game Day 2018-01-28
register
You are an anonymous user- or .
Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
Notify me when a reply is posted
Don't Check Spelling
Note: Twitter & Youtube BBCODE Tags are no longer necessary. The system will automatically convert links to tweets & youtube videos.
   
 
Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home
Post new topic   Reply to topic
register
You are an anonymous user- Register now or Log in Now!


Add our Los Angeles Lakers Blog RSS Feed, the Lakers Rumors RSS Feed, the Lakers News RSS feed, and the Lakers Forum RSS feed to get the latest Laker News and Rumors and Lakers Game info in your RSS/XML reader!