Lakers vs. Sacramento Kings Game Day 2018-01-09 (P. 3)

Lakers News Surge Forum/Message Board » Lakers Game Day
Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Search This Topic:
 
kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 10663
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 17


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 11994
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 55

kkennon1 wrote:
A lot of teams missed on Mitchell, his in talks of ROY.

I really won’t be surprised he gets it. Utah lucky fuggers! I like him more than Dennis Smith.


TimmyDoe
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 925
votes: 13

kkennon1 wrote:
Trade value going up !!!! If that's what they're going to do with him.

Randle is probably getting traded soon. Think it’ll honestly help the team wonders just by having one or two ballstoppers off the team, regardless of the return we get, in this case JC and Randle. They may get nifty stat lines but they don’t pass the eye test, nor do these stats help the team much. Luckily though, stats are cool to help inflate trade stock 😁


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 10663
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 17

TimmyDoe wrote:
Randle is probably getting traded soon. Think it’ll honestly help the team wonders just by having one or two ballstoppers off the team, regardless of the return we get, in this case JC and Randle. They may get nifty stat lines but they don’t pass the eye test, nor do these stats help the team much. Luckily though, stats are cool to help inflate trade stock 😁

Disagree, think Randle has fit in pretty well lately, and definitely playing better defense. Just wish he could improve his shot, don't care about him hitting 3's, just needs a 8,10, 15Ft mid-range shot. If he had that, no way I'd trade him. Also would mind keeping him for right price, coming off bench, if he's open to it next year. But if they do trade him, hope they don't do it just to clear cap space.


gemfow
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 11914
Location: Maryland
us.gif
votes: 175


Repped High Quality Post

BaadMaster wrote:
What I like about Luke is that Kuzma came to his defense vs. LaVar and he gets his playing time reduced.

There are three power forwards on this team, Kuzma, Randle and Nance Jr. how should Luke split 48 minutes between them? This is what you and most others overlook. He has taken the approach of who is playing well. I think he should take Nance Jr. out the rotation but I also see some of the things Nance Jr. does that are positive. This logjam is happening because Melinka doesn't want to trade guys unless it frees up money for their star pursuits. Luke is in a tough position. He said not perfect but management needs to help him out too. Trade Nance Jr. for a legitimate backup point guard


gemfow
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 11914
Location: Maryland
us.gif
votes: 175

kkennon1 wrote:
Please take KCP out. Great ball movement and he starts jacking shots.
he's on a one year deal, he has to audition for other teams. You can't have three guys like JC, KCP and sometimes Randle and Ingram going into "me" mode and hope to continue a ball sharing culture. I am more lenient towards forwards having tunnel vision than I am with guards like JC and KCP. This is why I'd rather see Hart get those KCP minutes


gemfow
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 11914
Location: Maryland
us.gif
votes: 175

TimmyDoe wrote:
Randle is probably getting traded soon. Think it’ll honestly help the team wonders just by having one or two ballstoppers off the team, regardless of the return we get, in this case JC and Randle. They may get nifty stat lines but they don’t pass the eye test, nor do these stats help the team much. Luckily though, stats are cool to help inflate trade stock 😁

If you want ballstoppers and chuckers gone then look no further than JC and KCP. If Hart was getting KCP's minutes then you'd see better shots and ball movement.


ralppcobarde
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 5598

rp.gif
votes: 26

Ball impacts the game so much. He has great help defense , he is just everywhere when he plays:))

Aside from a shooter, we need a reliable back up PG. when Zo is on the bench the pace was different & the huge lead is gone.


ralppcobarde
LNS HOF Bronze
 Avatar
Age: 24
Posts: 5598

rp.gif
votes: 26

gemfow wrote:
There are three power forwards on this team, Kuzma, Randle and Nance Jr. how should Luke split 48 minutes between them? This is what you and most others overlook. He has taken the approach of who is playing well. I think he should take Nance Jr. out the rotation but I also see some of the things Nance Jr. does that are positive. This logjam is happening because Melinka doesn't want to trade guys unless it frees up money for their star pursuits. Luke is in a tough position. He said not perfect but management needs to help him out too. Trade Nance Jr. for a legitimate backup point guard

Finally someone said it best. This is why i think releasing Bogut was important too. People need to realize that its difficult, to have a consistent rotation when these guys aren't consistent enough to stay in rotation. Repped!


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 11994
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 55


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 10663
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 17

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
I really won’t be surprised he gets it. Utah lucky fuggers! I like him more than Dennis Smith.

Tell me about it ,imagine if Lakers had another pick and gotten him. Him next to Zo would have been fun. Lol


userpete1037
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14898
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

kkennon1 wrote:
A lot of teams missed on Mitchell, he's in talks of ROY.

If you follwed him in college at Louisville, people shouldn't be shocked. Patino refused to let him loose in his offense.


Tempy
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 11213
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif
votes: 39

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:

I'd take another Trevor Ariza all day, every day!


Tempy
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 11213
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif
votes: 39

gemfow wrote:
There are three power forwards on this team, Kuzma, Randle and Nance Jr. how should Luke split 48 minutes between them? This is what you and most others overlook. He has taken the approach of who is playing well. I think he should take Nance Jr. out the rotation but I also see some of the things Nance Jr. does that are positive. This logjam is happening because Melinka doesn't want to trade guys unless it frees up money for their star pursuits. Luke is in a tough position. He said not perfect but management needs to help him out too. Trade Nance Jr. for a legitimate backup point guard

They are doing the same crap as the previous FO. They will not commit salary in fear of missing out on a free agent. Their hope is to trade Randle if they can get something decent in return. Or, to keep him around if they strike out in free agency. Their is no plan, just indecision in what to do.

They could trade both in reality and re activate Deng, he is getting paid regardless and the season is dead already. What do they have to lose?


Tempy
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 11213
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif
votes: 39

TimmyDoe wrote:
Randle is probably getting traded soon. Think it’ll honestly help the team wonders just by having one or two ballstoppers off the team, regardless of the return we get, in this case JC and Randle. They may get nifty stat lines but they don’t pass the eye test, nor do these stats help the team much. Luckily though, stats are cool to help inflate trade stock 😁

Not enough balance on the roster. Too many players that need the ball in their hands to be effective. The roster is in dire need of a shooter who can spread the floor and create space for Ball. Instead the FO are looking for star players who will take the Ball out of Ball's hands.


Axle
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13863
Location: Axle
votes: 68

Ball is turning out to be a pretty good point guard. I still do not like his Matrix shot. He will hit a three every so often and I am hoping that his shooting will improve with time, but he has the same ugly shooting style like Shawn Marion used to have. An unorthodox style to say the least. But I have gotten to like the kid for his defense and passing abilities. Since it is his first season on the NBA, I believe he will be very good in a couple of more years.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 10663
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 17

Axle wrote:
Ball is turning out to be a pretty good point guard. I still do not like his Matrix shot. He will hit a three every so often and I am hoping that his shooting will improve with time, but he has the same ugly shooting style like Shawn Marion used to have. An unorthodox style to say the least. But I have gotten to like the kid for his defense and passing abilities. Since it is his first season on the NBA, I believe he will be very good in a couple of more years.

He'll definitely get better, nice to see you've started to notice other little things he does. Lol


ralppcobarde
LNS HOF Bronze
 Avatar
Age: 24
Posts: 5598

rp.gif
votes: 26

Tempy wrote:
They are doing the same crap as the previous FO. They will not commit salary in fear of missing out on a free agent. Their hope is to trade Randle if they can get something decent in return. Or, to keep him around if they strike out in free agency. Their is no plan, just indecision in what to do.

They could trade both in reality and re activate Deng, he is getting paid regardless and the season is dead already. What do they have to lose?

Playing Deng will only disrupts the growth of the young players & it will just clogged our wing position even more.

I know he is getting paid. But playing him does more than negative than positive to be honest. Doesn't help the case either.

Fo’s plan has yet to be seen. I’ll be waiting 2 or 3 years before evaluating them. Have to give them time before i judge. But that is just me for sure.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14898
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

I thought Deng went back to his homeland?......Dam sure not in Staples.


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 11994
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 55

userpete1037 wrote:
I thought Deng went back to his homeland?......Dam sure not in Staples.

I-2-3.......Cancun!!! Lol


userpete1037
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14898
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

Axle wrote:
Ball is turning out to be a pretty good point guard. I still do not like his Matrix shot. He will hit a three every so often and I am hoping that his shooting will improve with time, but he has the same ugly shooting style like Shawn Marion used to have. An unorthodox style to say the least. But I have gotten to like the kid for his defense and passing abilities. Since it is his first season on the NBA, I believe he will be very good in a couple of more years.

I say Kevin Martin like shot.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14898
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
I-2-3.......Cancun!!! Lol

ROTFL!!!!!.....Hey I just read Lakers will not be signing Wilson to a 10 day contract. Guess we can't cry over nothing we never had...lol.


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 11994
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 55

userpete1037 wrote:
ROTFL!!!!!.....Hey I just read Lakers will not be signing Wilson to a 10 day contract. Guess we can't cry over nothing we never had...lol.

He goes back to being Clippers headache. Lol. But hope things work out for him. I say give Blue(and Panther) some run off the bench. He’s a slasher and a bucket getter. I liked how he played with Ball in the Summer league.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14898
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
He goes back to being Clippers headache. Lol. But hope things work out for him. I say give Blue(and Panther) some run off the bench. He’s a slasher and a bucket getter. I liked how he played with Ball in the Summer league.

Agreed.....


gemfow
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 11914
Location: Maryland
us.gif
votes: 175

Tempy wrote:
They are doing the same crap as the previous FO. They will not commit salary in fear of missing out on a free agent. Their hope is to trade Randle if they can get something decent in return. Or, to keep him around if they strike out in free agency. Their is no plan, just indecision in what to do.

They could trade both in reality and re activate Deng, he is getting paid regardless and the season is dead already. What do they have to lose?

It's very disappointing for me to see this by this FO, it's the same strategy as the Jim Buss and Mitch Kupchak derailed train. They will strike out in free agency once again in 2018 and then 1) wonder why no player wants to come to the Lakers 2) try to re-sign our own guys as a lower priority and watch them leave because they felt wanted by other teams 3) start dishing out bloated one year contracts so they can keep their cap flexibility 4) watch a team of guys audition for other teams throughout the year trying to get theirs 4) another poor record 5) rumors surround the Lakers packaging whatever player and their 2019 pick to acquire a star 5) Lakers draft a guy 6) repeat the process in 2020


gemfow
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 11914
Location: Maryland
us.gif
votes: 175

userpete1037 wrote:
I say Kevin Martin like shot.
. I've noticed that people from Chauncey Billups on down like to say Kevin Martin but Kevin still had a shot that allowed him to utilize screens, pull up off the dribble, step back, etc. Lonzo is most ikely gong to have to hit spot up threes or be given a good amount of room to get that shot off. Maybe Chauncey can suggest Joakim Noah, Shawn Marion and whoever else to help Lonzo.


FrankBecerra
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 983
Location: Staples Center
votes: 1

The front office seems to have the same goal as Mitch and Jim had with free agency while Luke seems to have odd rotations like Bryon.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14898
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

gemfow wrote:
. I've noticed that people from Chauncey Billups on down like to say Kevin Martin but Kevin still had a shot that allowed him to utilize screens, pull up off the dribble, step back, etc. Lonzo is most ikely gong to have to hit spot up threes or be given a good amount of room to get that shot off. Maybe Chauncey can suggest Joakim Noah, Shawn Marion and whoever else to help Lonzo.

Looks the same to me. The only difference I see is that Kevin Martin didn't pull it so far left as Lonzo does.


gemfow
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 11914
Location: Maryland
us.gif
votes: 175

userpete1037 wrote:
Looks the same to me. The only difference I see is that Kevin Martin didn't pull it so far left as Lonzo does.

I wish his was more like Kevin Martin’s form because players wouldn’t be able to force him right. It’s because he flings that shot from the left side of his face. That shot was developed for distance most likely because it’s totally useless as a midrange shot which is why he has to change it when he’s closer. Lavar did his boys a disservice by allowing all three of them to continue on with those funky jumpshots.


gemfow
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 11914
Location: Maryland
us.gif
votes: 175

FrankBecerra wrote:
The front office seems to have the same goal as Mitch and Jim had with free agency while Luke seems to have odd rotations like Bryon.

Somehow they ignore the fact that players want to go to teams with talent, not gutted rosters. It’s frustrating to see


userpete1037
LNS HOF Silver
 Avatar
Posts: 14898
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

gemfow wrote:
I wish his was more like Kevin Martin’s form because players wouldn’t be able to force him right. It’s because he flings that shot from the left side of his face. That shot was developed for distance most likely because it’s totally useless as a midrange shot which is why he has to change it when he’s closer. Lavar did his boys a disservice by allowing all three of them to continue on with those funky jumpshots.

Yea and he's especially not doing the youngest one any favors by pulling him out of high school because he don't like the coach. How do you rob him of his high school years like that. No prom; no graduation. No taking pictures with your parents and grand parents....smh.


Options Quick Reply: RE: Lakers vs. Sacramento Kings Game Day 2018-01-09
register
You are an anonymous user- or .
Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
Notify me when a reply is posted
Don't Check Spelling
   
 
Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home
Post new topic   Reply to topic
register
You are an anonymous user- Register now or Log in Now!


Add our Los Angeles Lakers Blog RSS Feed, the Lakers Rumors RSS Feed, the Lakers News RSS feed, and the Lakers Forum RSS feed to get the latest Laker News and Rumors and Lakers Game info in your RSS/XML reader!