NBA Investigates Lakers for Tampering RE: Paul George (P. 2)

Lakers News Surge Forum/Message Board » Lakers General Discussions
Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Search This Topic:
 
BaadMaster
LNS HOF Bronze
 Avatar
Posts: 7296
votes: 94

Maybe it is payoff to the League for rigging the Lottery so the Lakers could get Lonzo Ball.

With these staggering money numbers, I don't believe anything isn't fixed. America is all WWE -- from sports to politics.

But as long as it is rigged in my direction, I am fine with it!


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 11367
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 55

BaadMaster wrote:
Maybe it is payoff to the League for rigging the Lottery so the Lakers could get Lonzo Ball.

With these staggering money numbers, I don't believe anything isn't fixed. America is all WWE -- from sports to politics.

But as long as it is rigged in my direction, I am fine with it!

Payoff to the league?

The pacers are planning to sue the league as well. Lol


BaadMaster
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 7296
votes: 94

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
Payoff to the league?

The pacers are planning to sue the league as well. Lol

No matter...I just sense the WWE'ing of all sports. Like the McGregor fight wasn't fixed? Gimme a break.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14244
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

Fugggg the Pacers!!!!!!!...You won't get a penny more.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 10306
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 17

userpete1037 wrote:
Fugggg the Pacers!!!!!!!...You won't get a penny more.

Looks like some of the other teams aren't to happy with Pacers.

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news ... 017/09/05/


Dave
Site Admin
Posts: 4778

us.gif
votes: 43

Magic has offered to pay the fine via a deduction of his salary:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/la ... story.html


userpete1037
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14244
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

^^^

I bet Magic pulled that out of his pocket real quick...lmao.


Apollon
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 768
Location: San Diego, CA
votes: 14

Statement from Pacers Owner Herb Simon

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/simon-statement-170906


Shepherd
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 9427

ez.gif
votes: 49

No surprise they handed out the largest fine in NBA history to the Lakers. Don't tell me there's no Laker hate in the league offices. It's demonstrated time and time again. Why the largest? Was his supposed tampering worse than anyone else's? How did they come up with that number? Just arbitrarily? Is there a precedent? Is there a payment schedule on the wall of offices around the league that shows the various levels of fines per action to be aware of that one can expect in different circumstances? Or did they just make it up, as I suspect, to punish the franchise that broght relevance to the NBA, yet for some reason bears the brunt of league actions time and time again.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 10306
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 17

Shepherd wrote:
No surprise they handed out the largest fine in NBA history to the Lakers. Don't tell me there's no Laker hate in the league offices. It's demonstrated time and time again. Why the largest? Was his supposed tampering worse than anyone else's? How did they come up with that number? Just arbitrarily? Is there a precedent? Is there a payment schedule on the wall of offices around the league that shows the various levels of fines per action to be aware of that one can expect in different circumstances? Or did they just make it up, as I suspect, to punish the franchise that broght relevance to the NBA, yet for some reason bears the brunt of league actions time and time again.

Could have been a lot worse, 500k is a drop in the well. Thing I find troublesome is Rob was the one that got caught, he's the one that supposed to know better or do a better job of hiding it.


Shepherd
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 9427

ez.gif
votes: 49

kkennon1 wrote:
Could have been a lot worse, 500k is a drop in the well. Thing I find troublesome is Rob was the one that got caught, he's the one that supposed to know better or do a better job of hiding it.

It's not about it being affordable to the team. It's about why would they give them the largest fine in nba history? Pfffft....


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 10306
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 17

Shepherd wrote:
It's not about it being affordable to the team. It's about why would they give them the largest fine in nba history? Pfffft....

Okay got you. Don't know, don't really care. It does not stop them from signing PG if they choose to, so I could care less.

And I also don't see it as biggest fine, if they had taken picks from them like they did Hawks a few yrs back , I consider that a large fine. Yeah money wise it was largest, but I don't think these teams even care about that. Imo


Shepherd
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 9427

ez.gif
votes: 49

kkennon1 wrote:
Okay got you. Don't know, don't really care. It does not stop them from signing PG if they choose to, so I could care less.

And I also don't see it as biggest fine, if they had taken picks from them like they did Hawks a few yrs back , I consider that a large fine. Yeah money wise it was largest, but I don't think these teams even care about that. Imo

Nothing irks me more than pro sports teams talking about massive amounts of cash like it's chicken scratch lol.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 10306
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 17

Shepherd wrote:
Nothing irks me more than pro sports teams talking about massive amounts of cash like it's chicken scratch lol.

Lol, must be nice !!!


FrankBecerra
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 851
Location: Staples Center
votes: 1

You would think they wouldn't have given the Lakes such a huge fine since they still have Ding under contract. That would have covered his salary for at least a quarter


Apollon
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 768
Location: San Diego, CA
votes: 14

If Thunder does well with Russ, PG13 & Melo then PG13 might stay...In that case Lakers will most likely go after Boogie, as a 2nd star next to LeBron. Not a given they'll get either, of course. LeBron's willingness to come to LA will depend a lot on how Lakers do this year.


Tempy
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 11035
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif
votes: 39

Apollon wrote:
If Thunder does well with Russ, PG13 & Melo then PG13 might stay...In that case Lakers will most likely go after Boogie, as a 2nd star next to LeBron. Not a given they'll get either, of course. LeBron's willingness to come to LA will depend a lot on how Lakers do this year.

The point in the Russell trade was?........


Shepherd
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 9427

ez.gif
votes: 49

Apollon wrote:
If Thunder does well with Russ, PG13 & Melo then PG13 might stay...In that case Lakers will most likely go after Boogie, as a 2nd star next to LeBron. Not a given they'll get either, of course. LeBron's willingness to come to LA will depend a lot on how Lakers do this year.

Or he'll end up a Clipper. Or maybe he goes to rescue Sacramento, since it's so close to LA he can zip down on his private jet in 35 mins. Or maybe he'll head up an ownership group to get an expansion team in Vegas. Who knows what he'll do, but he certainly has the money and the clout to do whatever he wants.

Imo 3 cities that should have an NBA team, are Seattle, Vegas and San Diego.


Tempy
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 11035
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif
votes: 39

Shepherd wrote:
Or he'll end up a Clipper. Or maybe he goes to rescue Sacramento, since it's so close to LA he can zip down on his private jet in 35 mins. Or maybe he'll head up an ownership group to get an expansion team in Vegas. Who knows what he'll do, but he certainly has the money and the clout to do whatever he wants.

Imo 3 cities that should have an NBA team, are Seattle, Vegas and San Diego.

I think there should be at least 2 more franchises brought into the NBA. Be hilarious to see the super teams lose some of their stars lol.


Shepherd
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 9427

ez.gif
votes: 49

Tempy wrote:
I think there should be at least 2 more franchises brought into the NBA. Be hilarious to see the super teams lose some of their stars lol.

Yes if they do it like the NHL, where new teams can take players from amongst a pool from other teams. But even there teams can protect a certain number. So it likely won't result in superstar movement. THo I like the idea. THo wouldn't that be counter to what the NBA is supposed to be trying to achieve, which is stars staying with their orig teams?


Options Quick Reply: RE: NBA Investigates Lakers for Tampering RE: Paul George
register
You are an anonymous user- or .
Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
Notify me when a reply is posted
Don't Check Spelling
   
 
Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home
Post new topic   Reply to topic
register
You are an anonymous user- Register now or Log in Now!


Add our Los Angeles Lakers Blog RSS Feed, the Lakers Rumors RSS Feed, the Lakers News RSS feed, and the Lakers Forum RSS feed to get the latest Laker News and Rumors and Lakers Game info in your RSS/XML reader!