KCP Agrees to One Year Deal with the Lakers!

Lakers Forum » Lakers General Discussions
Author Search This Topic:
 
MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16773
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
 

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16773
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

Yes sir!!! That's what I'm talking about. Good signing, great pick up by the FO.

lake24show
votes: 7
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1176
Location: Nebraska
us.gif

That's awesome!!! I'm really excited for this year...now we just need to get our backup point guard...either rondo or ennis

IhatetheCeltics
votes: 51
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8155

I'm pretty sure with this signing that their cap space is taken up. So I think Rondo is a no go. They'll probably just re-sign Ennis.

kkennon1
votes: 23
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14351
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif

18m, smh !! But for 1 yr prove yourself contract, can't complain at all! Nice move FO. Will be interesting to see how roster pans out going into next season.

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16773
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

IhatetheCeltics wrote:
I'm pretty sure with this signing that their cap space is taken up. So I think Rondo is a no go. They'll probably just re-sign Ennis.

I'm also not counting out Caruso. I really like his hustle on D and he can shoot and set up teammates.

lake24show
votes: 7
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1176
Location: Nebraska
us.gif

That's gonna be an awesome starting lineup!!

C- Brooke Lopez

PF- Julius Randle

SF- Brandon Ingram

SG- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope

PG- Lonzo Ball

lake24show
votes: 7
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1176
Location: Nebraska
us.gif

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
I'm also not counting out Caruso. I really like his hustle on D and he can shoot and set up teammates.

We don't need two rookies at PG...I'm fine with Ennis because he showed that he can run a team if needed...but Caruso is too unproven

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16773
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

kkennon1 wrote:
18m, smh !! But for 1 yr prove yourself contract, can't complain at all! Nice move FO. Will be interesting to see how roster pans out going into next season.

Can't complain with the signing hope he proves himself for the longer haul.

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16773
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

lake24show wrote:
We don't need two rookies...I'm fine with Ennis because he showed that he can run a team if needed...but Caruso is too unproven

What has Ennis proven? He was buried in the bench with the previous teams while Caruso has been playing actively for the last 3 seasons(albeit g league). I would be surprised if they don't sign Caruso considering Joey Buss is very high on him and been following him for some time now.

Honestly I would be fine with either of them. Let's see.

lake24show
votes: 7
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1176
Location: Nebraska
us.gif

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
What has Ennis proven? He was buried in the bench with the previous teams while Caruso has been playing actively for the last 3 seasons(albeit g league). I would be surprised if they don't sign Caruso considering Joey Buss is very high on him and been following him for some time now.

I'm obviously not saying he should be a starting PG but he definitely showed that he can contribute and had potential on both ends...he proved that after the trade deadline when we got him...haven't seen enough from Caruso yet...

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16773
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

Well there goes both Ennis and Caruso.....lmao!!!!

lake24show
votes: 7
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1176
Location: Nebraska
us.gif

Both would cost the same as well so I'd rather have the more proven talent...and not only that I'm pretty sure Ennis is actually younger

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16773
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

lake24show wrote:
Both would cost the same as well so I'd rather have the more proven talent...and not only that I'm pretty sure Ennis is actually younger

They are both 23. It's moot point now....see the tweet above. Looks like we are going to get Rondo. Lol

kkennon1
votes: 23
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14351
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif

lake24show wrote:
I'm obviously not saying he should be a starting PG but he definitely showed that he can contribute and had potential on both ends...he proved that after the trade deadline when we got him...haven't seen enough from Caruso yet...

Agree, most were saying why was Caruso even in the 1st 2 games. Don't get to high or low on summer league play. Hope to see both get invite to camp, settle it in pre-season.

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16773
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

kkennon1 wrote:
Agree, most were saying why was Caruso even in the 1st 2 games. Don't get to high or low on summer league play. Hope to see both get invite to camp, settle it in pre-season.

But somehow we got too low on Dlo during his SL games. We didn't follow that high/low philosophy at that time. Lol

Anyways it's Rondo who looks like getting the favor.

kkennon1
votes: 23
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14351
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
They are both 23. It's moot point now....see the tweet above. Looks like we are going to get Rondo. Lol

Actually wouldn't mind Rondo, now that KCP is on board.

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16773
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

kkennon1 wrote:
Actually wouldn't mind Rondo, now that KCP is on board.

I would have preferred Lawson. Both Rondo and Lawson are head cases and if you are determined to take a gamble then Lawson can at least shoot and set up teammates as well. I loved how he played in Houston and accepted his role.

But then again I remember how Chicago almost took out Boston in the first round with Rondo at the helm.

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16773
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

kkennon1
votes: 23
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14351
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
But somehow we got too low on Dlo during his SL games. Lol

Anyways it's Rondo who looks like getting the favor.

Dlo gone, let it go.

KCP is a nice replacement !!! Lol

By the way Magic, did you see that article earlier today about Randle saying he never had a pg like Ball? Don't know if he was taking a back handed shot at Russell or just happy about Zo.

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16773
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

kkennon1 wrote:
Dlo gone, let it go.

KCP is a nice replacement !!! Lol

By the way Magic, did you see that article earlier today about Randle saying he never had a pg like Ball? Don't know if he was taking a back handed shot at Russell or just happy about Zo.

That's exactly what it was....a back handed shot. Lol.

He better get prepared himself. I have a funny feeling he's next..lmao

Nay511
votes: 11
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 2205

us.gif

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:

Well there goes both Ennis and Caruso.....lmao!!!!

Thank you Magic & Pelinka!!!! Look out Western Conference! Rondo U ARE NEXT!!!! I can't wait to hear that he's signed too.

lake24show
votes: 7
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1176
Location: Nebraska
us.gif

kkennon1 wrote:
Actually wouldn't mind Rondo, now that KCP is on board.

I agree...rondo as our backup? That's a legit backup pg and not only that can teach Ball how to control his dribble a little better to setup the pass and make him an even more dangerous passer than he already is...our team is actually pretty legit...as far as the worry about rondo's rough history I don't think magic and Luke will have any issues handling it. Not only that they've had long talks with him of what they expect if he comes in...we have a legit shot at making the playoffs if the team can gel well together

kkennon1
votes: 23
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14351
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
That's exactly what it was....a back handed shot. Lol.

He better get prepared himself. I have a funny feeling he's next..lmao

Unless he has a BREAK OUT YEAR, as Magic said!!! Think he said that for a reason. Said he needed Dlo to be better leader, look how that turned out.

Be afraid Randle, Be very afraid!!! Lol

steven18
votes: 11
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1746

us.gif

What a steal by the FO, KCP is a good two way player and should slide in nicely in the backcourt with Lonzo. I wouldn't be opposed to getting Rondo either, if he takes the mid level exp. why not? Our roster could potentially look like this

Ball / Rondo? / Hart

KCP / Clarkson / Nwaba

Ingram / Kuzma / Brewer

Randle / Nance / Deng

Lopez / Zubac / Bryant

That's a 35-40 win team if you ask me

kkennon1
votes: 23
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14351
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif

steven18 wrote:
What a steal by the FO, KCP is a good two way player and should slide in nicely in the backcourt with Lonzo. I wouldn't be opposed to getting Rondo either, if he takes the mid level exp. why not? Our roster could potentially look like this

Ball / Rondo? / Hart

KCP / Clarkson / Nwaba

Ingram / Kuzma / Brewer

Randle / Nance / Deng

Lopez / Zubac / Bryant

That's a 35-40 win team if you ask me

Well this doesn't sound good!!!

steven18
votes: 11
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1746

us.gif

kkennon1 wrote:
Well this doesn't sound good!!!

DAMN, i really like David hope they keep him...if not i wish him the best

kkennon1
votes: 23
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14351
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif

steven18 wrote:
DAMN, i really like David hope they keep him...if not i wish him the best

AH, but not so fast!!! Lmao

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16773
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

steven18 wrote:
What a steal by the FO, KCP is a good two way player and should slide in nicely in the backcourt with Lonzo. I wouldn't be opposed to getting Rondo either, if he takes the mid level exp. why not? Our roster could potentially look like this

Ball / Rondo? / Hart

KCP / Clarkson / Nwaba

Ingram / Kuzma / Brewer

Randle / Nance / Deng

Lopez / Zubac / Bryant

That's a 35-40 win team if you ask me

You know what, we know our FO would swing for the fences next year(whether we like it or not). lol. If for some reason PG has a change of heart and we are unsuccessful in landing other illustrious names, then we could revisit KCP next year for the long haul. If he has a good season, he could be a great insurance policy to have going forward.

I think it's a win win for both parties involved and I commend the FO for pulling off this unlikely outcome. 1 yr seemed like a far stretch for a highly talented player, but they somehow managed to pull it off.

steven18
votes: 11
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1746

us.gif

kkennon1 wrote:
AH, but not so fast!!! Lmao

DAMNIT lol

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16773
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

steven18
votes: 11
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1746

us.gif

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
You know what, we know our FO would swing for the fences next year(whether we like it or not). lol. If for some reason PG has a change of heart and we are unsuccessful in landing other illustrious names, then we could revisit KCP next year for the long haul. If he has a good season, he could be a great insurance policy to have going forward.

I think it's a win win for both parties involved and I commend the FO for pulling off this unlikely outcome. 1 yr seemed like a far stretch for a highly talented player, but they somehow managed to pull it off.

Exactly my thoughts, great insurance to have incase things don't pan out next summer...and he's only 24 years old, what a steal.

lakers52761
votes: 1
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 648

This mean Clarkson getting traded?

lake24show
votes: 7
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1176
Location: Nebraska
us.gif

I can't wait to get to know this guy better...I know he played well last year and know he's a good two way player but haven't watched many of his games...as far as the rondo thing goes...if we signed him can u imagine Lonzo would be able to have both rondo and magic teaching him his first year? That's some good teachers for the point guard position...

kkennon1
votes: 23
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14351
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
You know what, we know our FO would swing for the fences next year(whether we like it or not). lol. If for some reason PG has a change of heart and we are unsuccessful in landing other illustrious names, then we could revisit KCP next year for the long haul. If he has a good season, he could be a great insurance policy to have going forward. I think it's a win win for both parties involved and I commend the FO for pulling off this unlikely outcome. 1 yr seemed like a far stretch for a highly talented....

Tempy
votes: 51
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12890
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif

He doesn't offer much more than Russell bar better defense. Don't particularly think that his defense is worth an extra $13 million though.

Clarkson is now playing for his Laker future. Be interesting to see how he and Randle do this year, when both need to shine.

It's disappointing that the FO have no clear plan, other than chasing stars next summer. I really don't foresee the Lakers being back in contention this decade.

userpete1037
votes: 18
LNS HOF Platinum
Posts: 20263
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif

That's what I'm talking about Magic/Rob!!!!!!

kkennon1
votes: 23
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14351
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif

Tempy wrote:
He doesn't offer much more than Russell bar better defense. Don't particularly think that his defense is worth an extra $13 million though.

Clarkson is now playing for his Laker future. Be interesting to see how he and Randle do this year, when both need to shine.

It's disappointing that the FO have no clear plan, other than chasing stars next summer. I really don't foresee the Lakers being back in contention this decade.

For 1 year, hell!! Why not. A lot better defense, compared to no defense at all.

I'm just happy they did something to improve, even if it's possibly just for 1 year. Plus I want to hopefully finish lower than top 5 in draft, stick it to Celtics. Lol

kkennon1
votes: 23
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14351
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif

userpete1037 wrote:
That's what I'm talking about Magic/Rob!!!!!!

TimmyDoe
votes: 22
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1580

Sleeper team? As I said in another thread KCP is better off as a 3/D guy who can slash but not be the #1 option. Shouldn't be an issue with us being the Lonzo Show every night this season

userpete1037
votes: 18
LNS HOF Platinum
Posts: 20263
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:

The Pink Panther will hold the fort down til he gets back....lol.

TERRY-TEAGLE
votes: 41
Laker GM
Posts: 3664
Location: Belmont Shores,CA

Great pick up ... 1 year deal , if it doesn't work out ... we cut ties.

He makes us better that's for sure. I was hoping for Clarkson to be part of a sign and trade to lock him up for

More years.

He plays damn good defense ... a lock down type defender we've been missing, especially front court defense.

He's not a great 3 point shooter but i think he had a shoulder injury last year in the 2nd half of the season that bothered him. With Ball , he should have some nice run outs and easy buckets.

Would love Rondo for the mid-level... if we can do that , we can make the playoffs in my opinion

JJCali
votes: 22
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8544

us.gif

steven18 wrote:
What a steal by the FO, KCP is a good two way player and should slide in nicely in the backcourt with Lonzo. I wouldn't be opposed to getting Rondo either, if he takes the mid level exp. why not? Our roster could potentially look like this

Ball / Rondo? / Hart

KCP / Clarkson / Nwaba

Ingram / Kuzma / Brewer

Randle / Nance / Deng

Lopez / Zubac / Bryant

That's a 35-40 win team if you ask me

Hart is a SG. Sounds like they plan to play Kuzma as a small PF and keep Deng at SF, but don't know about that one yet, they'll probably make that decision during camp.

JJCali
votes: 22
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8544

us.gif

Wait... we actually signed a free agent?!?!

TimmyDoe
votes: 22
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1580

JJCali wrote:
Hart is a SG. Sounds like they plan to play Kuzma as a small PF and keep Deng at SF, but don't know about that one yet, they'll probably make that decision during camp.

Deng is gonna be for moral support when the rooks face the wrath of Lakers fans when they screw up

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16773
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

userpete1037 wrote:
The Pink Panther will hold the fort down til he gets back....lol.

Lmao!!! That's the truth.

JJCali
votes: 22
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8544

us.gif

kkennon1 wrote:
Only thing is, they might end up regretting they didn't give him multi year deal. If he has a great year , than he'll probably end up costing more than he's worth. Especially if they don't get any top FA's.

Either way, welcome to LA!!!

http://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/19968154

Well if he does have a great year and they don't get any other top free agents, them he would be a top free agent signing. But agree, they regret not signing him to longer deal if he has really great season. Could be our SG of the future?

WatchTheSkyFall24
votes: 22
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 6226

us.gif

Good pick up since it's a 1-year deal otherwise he's not worth a big contract yet. He's definitely a good defender, but he shoots a low percentage. It'll be interesting to see how he does with us.

If we get Rondo as well, I can see us competing for an 8th seed.

JJCali
votes: 22
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8544

us.gif

lol it's not a "steal" when you knowingly overpay a player so he'll accept a 1 year deal.

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16773
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
kkennon1 wrote:
Only thing is, they might end up regretting they didn't give him multi year deal. If he has a great year , than he'll probably end up costing more than he's worth. Especially if they don't get any top FA's. Either way, welcome to LA!!! http://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/19968154
Yeah I would have preferred a multi year deal for sure. I had been saying that on various threads that they should try to lock him up for 3-4 yrs. The way I see it, this happened at the perfect time before the 2018 free agency since lot of big names would be watching the lakers....


Options Quick Reply: RE: KCP Agrees to One Year Deal with the Lakers!
register
You are an anonymous user- or .
Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
Notify me when a reply is posted
Don't Check Spelling
Note: Twitter & Youtube BBCODE Tags are no longer necessary. The system will automatically convert links to tweets & youtube videos.
   


   
   
register
You are an anonymous user- Register now or Log in Now!