Magic Johnson's Incredible Cover Up Act

Lakers News Surge Forum/Message Board » Lakers General Discussions
Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Search This Topic:
 
MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Gold
 Avatar
Posts: 16634
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 70
 
From the article embedded in the tweet: "It’s been roughly a week since Adrian Wojnarowski of the Vertical announced that D’Angelo Russell and Timofey Mozgov had been traded to the Brooklyn Nets for Brook Lopez and the 27th overall pick. Even now as I repeat it, anger still builds inside. Anger and confusion. I’ve gone over the trade and I’ve gone over the press conferences, and the same thought creeps into my mind: “This trade had nothing to do with cap space, nor did it have anything to do with D’Angelo’s constantly reported immaturity. This trade was made because Magic wanted....


Skyeword
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 7525
Location: Atlanta
us.gif
votes: 68

Thank you! This writer Dbishop is seeing nearly the exact same picture I am seeing. Finally some real objectivity in Laker Land. It's also about the false judgements regarding D'Angelo's alleged issues but mostly, it's Magic wanting to create a signature team of his selection.

Not too many ex NBA players have done well in management. Jerry West is an exception. Along these lines, Magic already offered Randle and Clarkson, he waived Tarik Black and it appears he intends to let Thomas Robinson go too, while recently he stated that he wants to build the core and expects it will take 3 years to return to the playoffs. I am being reminded why I never liked Magic the person. His sports commentaries never made any sense to me either. Fingers crossed that he's not gonna lay waste to the remaining strengths the Lakers possess to satisfy his own ego.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14312
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 23

Like I said before, FO doesn't care what fans think ,they're going to do what they think is best.

By the way Skyeword, article even says he had maturity and questionable leadership.

And are you really upset now because of Black and possibly TRob not coming back ?

Let's be honest, Black had a great attitude and worked hard ,but was nothing special. TRob for where he was picked ,has been a bust so far. Although I hope he comes back, but considering players they drafted, it's doubtful.

Aren't they supposed to be building a real team or keeping average and below average players based on popularity. Lol


Tempy
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12804
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif
votes: 51

kkennon1 wrote:
Like I said before, FO doesn't care what fans think ,they're going to do what they think is best.

By the way Skyeword, article even says he had maturity and questionable leadership.

And are you really upset now because of Black and possibly TRob not coming back ?

Let's be honest, Black had a great attitude and worked hard ,but was nothing special. TRob for where he was picked ,has been a bust so far. Although I hope he comes back, but considering players they drafted, it's doubtful.

Aren't they supposed to be building a real team or keeping average and below average players based on popularity. Lol

What did Black do to deserve to he cut? His contract has no bearing on the cap space next year, he was a great locker room guy and a great energy guy off the bench. Whose minutes is he going to cut into? Deng's?


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14312
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 23

Tempy wrote:
What did Black do to deserve to he cut? His contract has no bearing on the cap space next year, he was a great locker room guy and a great energy guy off the bench. Whose minutes is he going to cut into? Deng's?

Nothing, but with way roster looks, where is he going to get minutes. Like I said, it's not a popularity contest. He's a below average player, and I agree he has great attitude and worked hard, but with Kuz, Deng, Bryant , Zu, Lopez, Nance and Randle , they're not paying 6m for bench player , that will probably not see a lot of playing time this season. And yeah, at 18m Deng will probably get mins this upcoming season, if nothing else but to get his trade value up, good luck with that!!! Lol

Whether it was this year or next, never thought he'd be part of long term plan.


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16634
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 70

kkennon1 wrote:
TRob for where he was picked ,has been a bust so far. Although I hope he comes back, but considering players they drafted, it's doubtful.

Aren't they supposed to be building a real team or keeping average and below average players based on popularity. Lol

Trob bust?? I think you must have mixed tequila with Diesel when you saw him play. Lmao!!!!

He along with Black formed a lethal duo and used to have the opposing defenders on the mats. They were soon separated for tank considerations...hahaha.


Skyeword
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 7525
Location: Atlanta
us.gif
votes: 68

kkennon1 wrote:
Like I said before, FO doesn't care what fans think ,they're going to do what they think is best.

By the way Skyeword, article even says he had maturity and questionable leadership.

And are you really upset now because of Black and possibly TRob not coming back ?

Let's be honest, Black had a great attitude and worked hard ,but was nothing special. TRob for where he was picked ,has been a bust so far. Although I hope he comes back, but considering players they drafted, it's doubtful.

Aren't they supposed to be building a real team or keeping average and below average players based on popularity. Lol

Every article says maturity and leadership issues... it's the parrot thing.

Tarik is a GREAT bench role player and person and TRob is a Great offensive rebounder and person. All teams need average players to hold things together. McGee, West, Livingston, McAdoo, Looney are the Warriors version of what LA tosses out every year. Those two guys together on the floor were very effective. Truth be told, it's Nance whose wobbly to me and he has greater trade value but his name never comes up. He's not great at anything but dunking and given his hops, why not 3 blocks and 10 rebounds per game? TRob's shooting is lame but that's not his primary value.

TRob might end up in Minny, who are gonna be Title contenders very soon with the team they have now, having also picked up Butler and Teague. TRob is the kind of guy who brings a focus that's better than the starters, like a special weapon when needed. Is the rookie Bryant better than both of them. Magic claims so because, he picked them.

This scenario reminds me of players like Kent Bazemore and Derrick Caracter and Ryan Kelly and many others who's bench roles were not appreciated. This is not under performance on most of their parts, it's a lack of identity of the Laker's franchise. Magic will take care of that... He quotes the 80's all the time... It's SHOWTIME! I suppose that's better than what the Lakers have been but take note the Lakers were poised for success having gone through the rebuilding years and Magic is gonna claim it for himself.

I agree there's a backlog at the 3 and 4 and someone's got to go... I am impressed with Hart and Kuzma thus far from what little I have seen. I note that Clarkson's name is rarely mentioned so expect that he will be traded soon.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14312
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 23

Skyeword wrote:
Every article says maturity and leadership issues... it's the parrot thing.

Tarik is a GREAT bench role player and person and TRob is a Great offensive rebounder and person. All teams need average players to hold things together. McGee, West, Livingston, McAdoo, Looney are the Warriors version of what LA tosses out every year. Those two guys together on the floor were very effective. Truth be told, it's Nance whose wobbly to me and he has greater trade value but his name never comes up. He's not great at anything but dunking and given his hops, why not 3 blocks and 10 rebounds per game? TRob's shooting is lame but that's not his primary value.

TRob might end up in Minny, who are gonna be Title contenders very soon with the team they have now, having also picked up Butler and Teague.

This scenario reminds me of players like Kent Bazemore and Derrick Caracter and Ryan Kelly and many others who's bench roles were not appreciated. This is not under performance on most of their parts, it's a lack of identity of the Laker's franchise. Magic will take care of that... He quotes the 80's all the time... It's SHOWTIME! I suppose that's better than what the Lakers have been but take note the Lakers were poised for success having gone through the rebuilding years and Magic is gonna claim it for himself.

I agree there's a backlog at the 3 and 4 and someone's got to go... I am impressed with Hart and Kuzma thus far from what little I have seen. I note that Clarkson's name is rarely mentioned so expect that he will be traded soon.

Lol, did you really mention Kelly and Caracter, 2 players that can't even make a team. One is over seas, the other is only good to help teams dump salary. Didn't say TRob and Black don't have value, but they're not players that can't be replaced or upgraded for. And West and Livingston were better player than either ever ways. The rest are GS's young talent, just like Hart , Kuz, Ball, Ingram, Zu, etc. The only difference is they have superstar , so they can afford to let them develop slowly off of bench. I'm not arguing against keeping them, I'm just saying they're not irreplaceable.

People keep saying core will be stars, well lakers were only team in league that bench out scored starters. So either young players have a long way to go before they develop, or they have a bunch of complimentary players starting...imo


Skyeword
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 7525
Location: Atlanta
us.gif
votes: 68

kkennon1 wrote:
Lol, did you really mention Kelly and Caracter, 2 players that can't even make a team. One is over seas, the other is only good to help teams dump salary. Didn't say TRob and Black don't have value, but they're not players that can't be replaced or upgraded for. And West and Livingston were better player than either ever ways. The rest are GS's young talent, just like Hart , Kuz, Ball, Ingram, Zu, etc. The only difference is they have superstar , so they can afford to let them develop slowly off of bench. I'm not arguing against keeping them, I'm just saying they're not irreplaceable.

People keep saying core will be stars, well lakers were only team in league that bench out scored starters. So either young players have a long way to go before they develop, or they have a bunch of complimentary players starting...imo

KK, all you seem to care about is fighting over specifics. You understand my point. Bazemore is earning $15M / season to balance out the point.

Had I been the Lakers coach, I would have traded Kobe to NYC the same year Phil took over and got a King's ransom in return to essentially eliminate the rebuilding process. I'm not opposed to anyone being moved as long as it makes sense. The Lakers toss out second team forwards year after year after year. I also knew trading Drew for Howard was idiotic which made mediocre two careers and put an exclamation point on the Lakers imminent fall. TBlack and TRob are not the first on my list to go if the objective is a harmonious team.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14312
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 23

Skyeword wrote:
KK, all you seem to care about is fighting over specifics. You understand my point. Bazemore is earning $15M / season to balance out the point.

Had I been the Lakers coach, I would have traded Kobe to NYC the same year Phil took over and got a King's ransom in return to essentially eliminate the rebuilding process. I'm not opposed to anyone being moved as long as it makes sense. The Lakers toss out second team forwards year after year after year. I also knew trading Drew for Howard was idiotic which made mediocre two careers and put an exclamation point on the Lakers imminent fall. TBlack and TRob are not the first on my list to go if the objective is a harmonious team.

Gotcha!!!!


TERRY-TEAGLE
Laker GM
 Avatar
Posts: 3664
Location: Belmont Shores,CA
votes: 41


Skyeword
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 7525
Location: Atlanta
us.gif
votes: 68

kkennon1 wrote:
Gotcha!!!!

Oh no you dihn't... I'm ungotchable! Wink


Skyeword
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 7525
Location: Atlanta
us.gif
votes: 68

TERRY-TEAGLE wrote:

Terry, I know a good doctor for that condition...


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14312
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 23

Skyeword wrote:
Oh no you dihn't... I'm ungotchable! Wink

Lol !!!!

And here's A little something else you might enjoy!!! Lmao

And yes!!! This is horibble.


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16634
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 70

kkennon1 wrote:
Lol !!!!

And here's A little something else you might enjoy!!! Lmao

And yes!!! This is horibble.

Good Golly Miss Molly....great Balls of Fiaaaa. Lmao!!!!


Skyeword
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 7525
Location: Atlanta
us.gif
votes: 68

kkennon1 wrote:
Lol !!!!

And here's A little something else you might enjoy!!! Lmao

And yes!!! This is horibble.

Pain, just pain...

The middle Ball will not make the NBA according to Lavar, but he will get to bring his brothers towels and Gatorade and not worry about paying rent.

Maybe you can find the guy that drew that so MagicLakes can have a new graphic now that the tanking has ended.

What are they wearing around their necks? It looks like a weapon... Brass knuckles and a Chinese throwing star.

The Lakers are talking to George regarding a one year PG contract, George Hill that is. He gets injured a lot but plays very well and would most likely be the starter if they bring him in.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14312
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 23

Skyeword wrote:
Pain, just pain...

The middle Ball will not make the NBA according to Lavar, but he will get to bring his brothers towels and Gatorade and not worry about paying rent.

Lmao,you took the words right out of my mouth. He'll be Lonzo's #1 go get'er , Go get this, and go get that!!!



Options Quick Reply: RE: Magic Johnson\'s Incredible Cover Up Act
register
You are an anonymous user- or .
Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
Notify me when a reply is posted
Don't Check Spelling
Note: Twitter & Youtube BBCODE Tags are no longer necessary. The system will automatically convert links to tweets & youtube videos.
   
  register
You are an anonymous user- or .'>
Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home
Post new topic   Reply to topic
register
You are an anonymous user- Register now or Log in Now!


Add our Los Angeles Lakers Blog RSS Feed, the Lakers Rumors RSS Feed, the Lakers News RSS feed, and the Lakers Forum RSS feed to get the latest Laker News and Rumors and Lakers Game info in your RSS/XML reader!