Lottery Day: May The Basketball Gods Be With Us 1 Last Time

Lakers News Surge Forum/Message Board » Lakers News
Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Search This Topic:
 
steven18
Die-Hard Laker Fan
 Avatar
Posts: 1746

us.gif
votes: 11


Repped High Quality Post

I've done this for the past two lottery's and by any stroke of luck it will help us keep this pick. Keep or lose it, we have a great future to look forward to with our young core and new FO...lets hope we can keep this, i'll be wearing the same clothes i wore last year, my 09 Lakers championship cap, my Kobe jersey, and my Kobe 7s...Lets end the tank tonight lol


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13776
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 21

steven18 wrote:
I've done this for the past two lottery's and by any stroke of luck it will help us keep this pick. Keep or lose it, we have a great future to look forward to with our young core and new FO...lets hope we can keep this, i'll be wearing the same clothes i wore last year, my 09 Lakers championship cap, my Kobe jersey, and my Kobe 7s...Lets end the tank tonight lol

prayer prayer


TERRY-TEAGLE
Laker GM
 Avatar
Posts: 3651
Location: Belmont Shores,CA
votes: 41


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13776
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 21

Lakers fans tonight!!


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13776
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 21


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 19532
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

C'mon ping pong balls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


WILT100
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1069
Location: California
votes: 4

The wait is becoming excruciating


suntzu619
Laker GM
Posts: 2555
votes: 6

Damn I can't watch but I have to watch!!!


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13776
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 21

Damn I'm more nervous than ever right now!!!


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13776
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 21

GM didn't look to happy just now, in lottery room.


steven18
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1746

us.gif
votes: 11

LETS **** GOOOOOOO


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13776
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 21

HELL YES !!!!!!!


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16032
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 68

LAkers keep their pick.....please collectively pray that we get #1...lmao.... we win anyways!!!!!! Go lal tank....magic man was dancing...rofl!!!!


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16032
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 68

Suns number 4 hahaha


steven18
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1746

us.gif
votes: 11

HERE COMES LONZO LOL


IhatetheCeltics
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8138
votes: 51

Sucks that the Celtics got number 1, but hell, I'll take it...


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13776
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 21

Damn you Celtics, welcome Lonzo !!! Lol


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16032
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 68

Hat trick for #2 picks. Let the Fulz vs Ball debates begin....


lakerdudeinindy
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1284
votes: 12

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
Suns number 4 hahaha

Agreed...we got number 2!!!!!


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16032
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 68

IhatetheCeltics wrote:
Sucks that the Celtics got number 1, but hell, I'll take it...

The lucky bastids...lol. Made the eastern Conf finals and walked with the top pick.. Poor Suns, tanked for nothing.


IhatetheCeltics
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8138
votes: 51

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
The lucky bastids...lol. Made the eastern Conf finals and walked with the top pick.. Poor Suns. Tanked for nothing

The trade they made with Brooklyn is the kind of trade the Lakers need to do in the future. Can win as much as you want and not worry about draft position.....


suntzu619
Laker GM
Posts: 2555
votes: 6

You guys think Boston will trade that pick for say PG13 or Jimmy Butler?


LAKERZ_DYNASTY101
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1970
votes: 5

That was nerve wrecking. #2 must be our lucky number. At least the pressure is off of us , and we end up with a game changer either way!


ralppcobarde
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 6148

rp.gif
votes: 28

Wow either Fultz or Ball would be extreme help.i was praying for just no.3 but damn.we fall into no.2


ralppcobarde
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 6148

rp.gif
votes: 28

suntzu619 wrote:
You guys think Boston will trade that pick for say PG13 or Jimmy Butler?

PG13 is Laker bound next year. The good thing about keeping the pick is that the FO won't be pressured to trade young players for PG13 instead they can wait for him to be FA & sign with us. Boston should be able to keep the pick and choose Fultz.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 19532
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

Happy Days are here again!!!!! ...hell yeah!!!!!


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8292

us.gif
votes: 18

steven18 wrote:
I've done this for the past two lottery's and by any stroke of luck it will help us keep this pick. Keep or lose it, we have a great future to look forward to with our young core and new FO...lets hope we can keep this, i'll be wearing the same clothes i wore last year, my 09 Lakers championship cap, my Kobe jersey, and my Kobe 7s...Lets end the tank tonight lol

Good job! Way to bring it home for us!


steven18
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1746

us.gif
votes: 11

So its set next year should look like this (barring any trades)

Ball / Clarkson

Russell / Nwaba

Ingram / Deng

Randle / Nance

Zubac / Mozgov

Hopefully we can move Deng or Mozgov without giving up our late 1st rounder, future is looking bright guys LETS GO!!!


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16032
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 68

IhatetheCeltics wrote:
The trade they made with Brooklyn is the kind of trade the Lakers need to do in the future. Can win as much as you want and not worry about draft position.....

Haha agreed.

BTW, all three ex showtime lakers(Byron/Kupchak/Magic) representing us on draft lottery day ensured we got the number 2 pick. LMAO!!!


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8292

us.gif
votes: 18

kkennon1 wrote:
Damn I'm more nervous than ever right now!!!

I was WAY more nervous the past 2 years. Figured there was no way we'd get it 3 years in a row and wasn't sweating it.


suntzu619
Laker GM
Posts: 2555
votes: 6

ralppcobarde wrote:
PG13 is Laker bound next year. The good thing about keeping the pick is that the FO won't be pressured to trade young players for PG13 instead they can wait for him to be FA & sign with us. Boston should be able to keep the pick and choose Fultz.

But why would they pick Ball or Fultz when they have Isaiah?


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16032
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 68

userpete1037 wrote:
Happy Days are here again!!!!! ...hell yeah!!!!!

Hey User falling down to number 3 never hurt us..lol. We finished exactly where we were supposed to finish before went on that 5game win streak. Suns got Phuk'd lol.


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8292

us.gif
votes: 18

ralppcobarde wrote:
Wow either Fultz or Ball would be extreme help.i was praying for just no.3 but damn.we fall into no.2

I was truly hoping for number 2. Bring on Ball!


IhatetheCeltics
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8138
votes: 51

suntzu619 wrote:
But why would they pick Ball or Fultz when they have Isaiah?

Isaiah is going to get paid, some bball people are saying they don't want to pay him 30+ million a year. So they'll take one of the guards and groom him. That gives them flexibility to flip Isaiah...


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8292

us.gif
votes: 18

userpete1037 wrote:
Happy Days are here again!!!!! ...hell yeah!!!!!

lol I feel like I've heard this somewhere before... maybe on this day the past 2 years?? Haha


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16032
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 68

IhatetheCeltics wrote:
Isaiah is going to get paid, some bball people are saying they don't want to pay him 30+ million a year. So they'll take one of the guards and groom him. That gives them flexibility to flip Isaiah...

Yeah they are likely going to go with Fulz. Ball is destined for LA. Nothing can stop that now.


lake24show
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 899
Location: Nebraska
us.gif
votes: 6

Time to end the tank and now get to work anencephaly make the playoffs next year!!


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8292

us.gif
votes: 18

steven18 wrote:
So its set next year should look like this (barring any trades)

Ball / Clarkson

Russell / Nwaba

Ingram / Deng

Randle / Nance

Zubac / Mozgov

Hopefully we can move Deng or Mozgov without giving up our late 1st rounder, future is looking bright guys LETS GO!!!

Next to Ball & Ingram, I'd rather start Clarkson. Need a backup PG now. Lou Williams would have been nice lol.

Ball

Clarkson / Russell

Ingram / Deng

Randle / Nance

Zubac / Mozgov


lake24show
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 899
Location: Nebraska
us.gif
votes: 6

JJCali wrote:
lol I feel like I've heard this somewhere before... maybe on this day the past 2 years?? Haha

Ya but next year our pick is gone with no chance of getting it so there will be no tanking! Just cheering for our team without mixed feelings of worrying about losing our pick! That is the best part about next season..I can be a fan again!


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16032
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 68

We could get Ball and another great 1st round piece with the 28th pick. We saved our 2019 pick(to Orl) as well. In the words of Ice cube:


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8292

us.gif
votes: 18

lake24show wrote:
Ya but next year our pick is gone with no chance of getting it so there will be no tanking! Just cheering for our team without mixed feelings of worrying about losing our pick! That is the best part about next season..I can be a fan again!

There has been no tanking. We've sucked! Unless you're just referring to your own emotions. Then I get ya.


ralppcobarde
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 6148

rp.gif
votes: 28

We got another piece @28th pick. Lou trade is getting netter each day.ot was a good trade for HOU, but they fall of the playoffs now.


steven18
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1746

us.gif
votes: 11

JJCali wrote:
Next to Ball & Ingram, I'd rather start Clarkson. Need a backup PG now. Lou Williams would have been nice lol.

Ball

Clarkson / Russell

Ingram / Deng

Randle / Nance

Zubac / Mozgov

I see what you're saying but i doubt they move Russell to the bench, the end of the season was basically setting up Russell to play the 2 (which i feel is the best position for him) JC has experience playing off the bench and he thrived in that role for most of the season...anything can happen though, and who knows, now that we have the pick they might look to trade for PG now, we'll see what happens.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 19532
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

JJCali wrote:
lol I feel like I've heard this somewhere before... maybe on this day the past 2 years?? Haha

You may be right JJ.....lol. Still need to see my doctor though....lol.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 19532
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

Hamidou Diallo at 28th pick. Lets get it.


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16032
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 68

Looks like they will not sell the farm for P. George. Roll the dice and get him during free agency. Get rid of those two bums we have, that should be the top priority.


Skyeword
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 7516
Location: Atlanta
us.gif
votes: 67

If anyone missed it...


Skyeword
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 7516
Location: Atlanta
us.gif
votes: 67

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:

Looks like they will not sell the farm for P. George. Roll the dice and get him during free agency. Get rid of those two bums we have, that should be the top priority.

Would it not be a genius move to trade this pick plus Deng or Mozgov to Indiana for George, or the Pels for Cousins if they're in the market?


Skyeword
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 7516
Location: Atlanta
us.gif
votes: 67

userpete1037 wrote:
Hamidou Diallo at 28th pick. Lets get it.

Absolutely! The sleeper in the draft with a 44" vertical.


Skyeword
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 7516
Location: Atlanta
us.gif
votes: 67

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
Yeah they are likely going to go with Fulz. Ball is destined for LA. Nothing can stop that now.

Boston does not need another PG. They have 3 starting or near starting quality PG's. They're gonna grab Jackson I predict. If so, the Lakers have to decide what sort of team they want to be given how different Ball and Fultz are.


Options Quick Reply: RE: Lottery Day: May The Basketball Gods Be With Us 1 Last Time
register
You are an anonymous user- or .
Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
Notify me when a reply is posted
Don't Check Spelling
Note: Twitter & Youtube BBCODE Tags are no longer necessary. The system will automatically convert links to tweets & youtube videos.
   
 
Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home
Post new topic   Reply to topic
register
You are an anonymous user- Register now or Log in Now!


Add our Los Angeles Lakers Blog RSS Feed, the Lakers Rumors RSS Feed, the Lakers News RSS feed, and the Lakers Forum RSS feed to get the latest Laker News and Rumors and Lakers Game info in your RSS/XML reader!