Lottery Pick or Unload Deng and Mozgov?

Lakers News Surge Forum/Message Board » Lakers General Discussions
Post new topic Reply to topic
Poll
Would you trade our pick to the Nets to unload Deng and Mosgov?
Yes, their contracts hamstring our rebuild
16%
 16%  [2]
No, continue to stockpile young talent
83%
 83%  [10]
Total Votes : 12

Author Search This Topic:
 
griZZly64
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Age: 32
Posts: 2247
Location: Camarillo, CA
es.gif
votes: 22

Hey guys. It's been a hell of a long time since I last posted here. I need another opinion other than my own so I thought i would drop by. I've been up in my head for months trying to figure out how the Lakers could really jump start their journey back to relevance. I'm an optimist when it comes to the young kids we draft, so I always get excited about the potential of selecting our next superstar. That being said, I wouldn't mind seeing the front office shop our lottery pick (if we keep it) to a team like the Nets. The Nets made that horrendous trade with the Celtics which they are still on the hook for. Their poor franchise is in limbo until they get out from under that mess. Everyone understands the Nets will continue to be trash in the foreseeable future. Instead of sucking with no fresh prospects coming in, they could take Deng and Mozgov off our hands and pick in the top 3 of this years draft. As they demonstrated this season, neither Deng nor Mozgov is going to ruin your draft odds. Once the Nets do own their own pick again, they can go ahead and tank. I don't see any downside on Brooklyn's end. Obviously the Lakers would be forfeiting their opportunity to pick an impact player, on an affordable contract, who may help carry the franchise for the next decade. Then again, it opens up free agency and we could see them sign known NBA talent while still taking care of our young players coming off of their rookie contracts.


IhatetheCeltics
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8154
votes: 51

I don't see them offering up the top 3 pick (if they keep it) just to get rid of one of those terrible contracts. The only way I can see them trading the pick is if they get a star player like Paul George. I don't believe you would have to give up that pick to get rid of one of those contracts, depending on the team. You could offer Randle, or Russell if you really wanted to. I just think the top 3 pick is too much to offer for a salary dump. Because we have no clue whether they will even get anyone of importance with that cap space. What if they strike out again? Then we gave away a highly touted prospect for nothing. At least you know what you are getting with a star player.


griZZly64
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 2247
Location: Camarillo, CA
es.gif
votes: 22

IhatetheCeltics wrote:
I don't see them offering up the top 3 pick (if they keep it) just to get rid of one of those terrible contracts. The only way I can see them trading the pick is if they get a star player like Paul George. I don't believe you would have to give up that pick to get rid of one of those contracts, depending on the team. You could offer Randle, or Russell if you really wanted to. I just think the top 3 pick is too much to offer for a salary dump. Because we have no clue whether they will even get anyone of importance with that cap space. What if they strike out again? Then we gave away a highly touted prospect for nothing. At least you know what you are getting with a star player.

I'm talking about the Nets taking both contracts, not just one.


Tempy
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12761
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif
votes: 51

As bad as those contracts are, they will become tradeable. Not this season or perhaps the next but ultimately they will. The roster is 2 years minimum (most likely more) from competing so it's not imperative that Deng/Mozgov are traded anyways.

In the mean time, talent needs to be aquirred from any avenue possible, draft, trades and free agency. Getting lucky in the draft is the #1 way of getting better quickly. You can argue that free agency is the better way. But for a struggling franchise amid a rebuild, top tier talent is not going to come.

Develop the young players that are here, hope and pray the balls fall kindly in the draft and add complimentary pieces through free agency Instead of stock piling PF's and Scoring guards........


mcbill
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1721
votes: 16

I wouldn't do that deal but I would seriously consider Randle, Moz and the 28th pick for Lopez.


TERRY-TEAGLE
Laker GM
Posts: 3664
Location: Belmont Shores,CA
votes: 41

mcbill wrote:
I wouldn't do that deal but I would seriously consider Randle, Moz and the 28th pick for Lopez.

I would consider that deal ... Would love to get Booker back in that deal ... Always liked his hustle , tenacity... and he's a tough guy / enforcer type ... which this team is lacking

Wanted to sign Booker years ago when he signed with the Jazz before the Nets


LALA-LandShow24
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 571
votes: 2

mcbill wrote:
I wouldn't do that deal but I would seriously consider Randle, Moz and the 28th pick for Lopez.

That Is not a bad idea. Although would the Lakers be giving up to much for an injury prone Lopez? Would Mozgov, 28th and future 2nd round work?

I think there is a good chance that Lopez leaves via FA. So why not get what they can now when he has more value than waiting til he's almost a free agent and becomes a rental player for other teams. In that scenario, BKN would get less for Lopez.


mcbill
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1721
votes: 16

^^^^ I like Booker as well, but if we are going to get any kind of value out of Deng we need to free up minutes for him at the 4. It doesn't sound as if a Lopez is trying to get out of Brooklyn at all, increasing the Nets leverage. The keys to this deal are the facts that Lopez is a free agent after next year and Randle would be in line for a huge pay increase. We could free up a lot of space to build around George or whomever.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14295
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 23

LALA-LandShow24 wrote:
That Is not a bad idea. Although would the Lakers be giving up to much for an injury prone Lopez? Would Mozgov, 28th and future 2nd round work?

I think there is a good chance that Lopez leaves via FA. So why not get what they can now when he has more value than waiting til he's almost a free agent and becomes a rental player for other teams. In that scenario, BKN would get less for Lopez.

Lopez has stayed pretty health last couple of years. Think that trade noises about right, in order to get rid of Mozgov.


mcbill
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1721
votes: 16

We shed Deng as part of the Paul George trade. They would probably make us take back Monta and we would have to over pay. Something like Deng, Ingram, Brewer and the top 3 pick for George and Ellis. Then we sign Seege Ibaka for 4 years at $100 million and use the mid level exemption to re-sign Young for 3 years.

Russell/Clarkson/Ennis

Young/Ellis

George/Nwaba

Ibaka/Nance/Robinson

Lopez/Zubac

The starting unit could potentially average 40% from 3 while being a significant upgrade defensively. If everything breaks right I feel this could be a top three team in the west.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14295
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 23

mcbill wrote:
We shed Deng as part of the Paul George trade. They would probably make us take back Monta and we would have to over pay. Something like Deng, Ingram, Brewer and the top 3 pick for George and Ellis. Then we sign Seege Ibaka for 4 years at $100 million and use the mid level exemption to re-sign Young for 3 years.

Russell/Clarkson/Ennis

Young/Ellis

George/Nwaba

Ibaka/Nance/Robinson

Lopez/Zubac

The starting unit could potentially average 40% from 3 while being a significant upgrade defensively. If everything breaks right I feel this could be a top three team in the west.

Where did Randle go? also don't see anyone,not just the Lakers, giving Ibaka a 100m contract.

And no way I'm trading Ingram and top 3 pick for PG, who's not going to get team out of 2nd Rd without another star or 2. Plus Russell is clearly better at Sg. If Young opts out, FO will probably be celebrating...imo

Never mind, I see now you added on to Randle having went to Nets.


IhatetheCeltics
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8154
votes: 51

mcbill wrote:
We shed Deng as part of the Paul George trade. They would probably make us take back Monta and we would have to over pay. Something like Deng, Ingram, Brewer and the top 3 pick for George and Ellis. Then we sign Seege Ibaka for 4 years at $100 million and use the mid level exemption to re-sign Young for 3 years.

Russell/Clarkson/Ennis

Young/Ellis

George/Nwaba

Ibaka/Nance/Robinson

Lopez/Zubac

The starting unit could potentially average 40% from 3 while being a significant upgrade defensively. If everything breaks right I feel this could be a top three team in the west.

Top 3 team in the west? Come on man. That' a 7th seeded team at best. George is a good player, but he's not all that. He's at best Robin to someone's Batman. I find the love for him just amusing. You can't give up significant assets for a guy like that.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14295
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 23

IhatetheCeltics wrote:
Top 3 team in the west? Come on man. That' a 7th seeded team at best. George is a good player, but he's not all that. He's at best Robin to someone's Batman. I find the love for him just amusing. You can't give up significant assets for a guy like that.

2nd that!!!! Lol

Also, PG not happy in Indiana because he doesn't have a good enough team to contend, what happens when he comes to LA and is still not contending. You trade multiple assets for him, but he could turn around and leave!!!!


mcbill
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1721
votes: 16

kkennon1 wrote:
2nd that!!!! Lol

Also, PG not happy in Indiana because he doesn't have a good enough team to contend, what happens when he comes to LA and is still not contending. You trade multiple assets for him, but he could turn around and leave!!!!

I knew throwing that top three comment would get you guys' attention. If you look at it objectively though you would have 3 starters who are top 5 at their positions. The Clippers and Spurs are both going to take a step back in my opinion with increased age, injuries and attrition. The team I mentioned above could match Houston three pointer for three pointer with the advantage being a better frontcout and defense.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14295
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 23

mcbill wrote:
I knew throwing that top three comment would get you guys' attention. If you look at it objectively though you would have 3 starters who are top 5 at their positions. The Clippers and Spurs are both going to take a step back in my opinion with increased age, injuries and attrition. The team I mentioned above could match Houston three pointer for three pointer with the advantage being a better frontcout and defense.

Who are the 3 starters that are top 5 ????

Because if your talking about PG, Ibaka, Lopez objectively, than I can think of 6 to 8 SF'S and PF'S and centers I'd take over them.

Point is none of the 3 individually or together is going to lead a team anywhere in the West ...imo

Lopez is not a defensive center, doesn't rb worth a damn, for being a 7 footer . Having said that, I'd take him over Mozgov for a year.

Wouldn't mind Ibaka, but not at 100m .

Even if we got all those players, by the time GSW'S starts to decline, they will be on decline too!!! Lakers need a true superstar to go with team you listed...imo


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8543

us.gif
votes: 22

kkennon1 wrote:
2nd that!!!! Lol

Also, PG not happy in Indiana because he doesn't have a good enough team to contend, what happens when he comes to LA and is still not contending. You trade multiple assets for him, but he could turn around and leave!!!!

3rd that! So now we are much older, have zero cap space for a long time and are an 8th seed in the west?? Nah. Pass on all of that.

Props to McBill for consistently throwing out these trades ideas though. There always just ideas and he never has a problem hearing criticism of them. Way to go, McBill.


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8543

us.gif
votes: 22

kkennon1 wrote:
Who are the 3 starters that are top 5 ????

Because if your talking about PG, Ibaka, Lopez objectively, than I can think of 6 to 8 SF'S and PF'S and centers I'd take over them.

Point is none of the 3 individually or together is going to lead a team anywhere in the West ...imo

Lopez is not a defensive center, doesn't rb worth a damn, for being a 7 footer. Having said that, I'd take him over Mozgov for a year.

Wouldn't mind Ibaka, but not at 100m.

Even if we got all those players, by the time GSW'S starts to decline, they will be on decline too!!! Lakers need a true superstar to go with team you listed...imo

Come on, PG is easily the 4th best SF. Although, and I'm sure you'll agree with this, he's about to get passed by Gianni's real quick! Still top 5 though. The others? Not at all. That's one all-star reserve and a lot of vets and Russell, who like Kkennon said, needs to be moved to SG anyways, and might be my least favorite of the young guys.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14295
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 23

JJCali wrote:
Come on, PG is easily the 4th best SF. Although, and I'm sure you'll agree with this, he's about to get passed by Gianni's real quick! Still top 5 though. The others? Not at all. That's one all-star reserve and a lot of vets and Russell, who like Kkennon said, needs to be moved to SG anyways, and might be my least favorite of the young guys.

4th best on your list, I'm looking at it from what I think would work out better for lakers , I'd rather have LBJ, Durant, Giannis, Wiggins, Leonard, Ingram, Butler in no particular order, on this current lakers team. LBJ and Durant would attract FA'S. Giannis, Wiggins, Leonard and Ingram ( who's not as good right now, but I think he'll be better in long run), could grow with team. Butler and PG are pretty close, but I give Butler defensive edge, plus he can play Sg/SF very effectively.

But agree PG is top 5, I just rather have players listed on lakers.

Also think Giannis has already passed him , better two way player....imo

On another note, watching this Boston series, still can't believe dumb and dumber didn't sign I. Thomas, at the time I get it, no one knew he'd be this good, but he wasn't bad than, and wanted to be a Laker...smh


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14295
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 23

Was listening to a pod cast on lakers nation, and they seem to think if Lakers keep pick, they be a lot of player movement as far as trades. If they lose it, they seem to think lakers might go into next season knowing they lost 2019 pick too, and if things don't go well, they "Tank " for better pick in what looks like right now a "big men's" draft.


mcbill
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1721
votes: 16

JJCali wrote:
3rd that! So now we are much older, have zero cap space for a long time and are an 8th seed in the west?? Nah. Pass on all of that.

Props to McBill for consistently throwing out these trades ideas though. There always just ideas and he never has a problem hearing criticism of them. Way to go, McBill.

Thanks JJ. In all honestly I throw stuff out there that I would actually hate to see happen, but I never try to be unrealistic. We will probably not find another Pau trade(unless a blade still has a job when the Kings next star player becomes disgruntled). The reality is any good trade is probably going to upset segments of both teams fan bases.

As far as PG, Ibaka and Lopez not being top five players at their positions that's a very debatable opinion. I would put Giannis, Kawai, Lebron and KD in front of George but not Hayward due to PG's superior defense. At power forward I would have AD, Green, Griffin and probably Milsap ahead of Ibaka. Pre San Antonio Aldridge would also be there, but Ibaka is the only one of those shooting 40% from 3 and only AD provides better rim protection. Defending Lopez as a top fiver is a little more difficult and really depends on what you are looking for in a modern center. If you want DJ, Whiteside and Drummond types than he won't make the list, but it seems that teams want that "unicorn", aka Kristaps Porzingis or Jokic. This year Lopez hit more threes and had more blocks than KP. My list goes Cousins, Towns, Gobert, Marc Gasol, Whiteside, Jokic and then Lopez. I left DJ and Drummond off because of their inability to hit free throws.

I guess I defeated my own argument with Lopez. On the bright side though, after he helps to take this team to a second round playoff loss he becomes a free agent and takes his $22 million slot with him. All we have to do is find someone to take on Ellis' now expiring contract and we have enough cap room to sign Cousins.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14295
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 23
mcbill wrote:
Thanks JJ. In all honestly I throw stuff out there that I would actually hate to see happen, but I never try to be unrealistic. We will probably not find another Pau trade(unless a blade still has a job when the Kings next star player becomes disgruntled). The reality is any good trade is probably going to upset segments of both teams fan bases. As far as PG, Ibaka and Lopez not being top five players at their positions that's a very debatable opinion. I would put Giannis, Kawai, Lebron and KD in front of George but not Hayward due....


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14295
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 23

Maybe Adam Silver gave Magic there wink wink!!! Lmao


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14295
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 23

Lol, funny how they hype these drafts up all year, than you see this. LMAO


TheLegendaryDino
Laker GM
Posts: 4344
votes: 4

why not do lottery and also trade away senior citizen deng and kid mozcow lol


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14295
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 23

Can wait to go out and buy these if Lakers draft him, right after price drops 400 dollars!!! LMAO


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 19957
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

kkennon1 wrote:
Can wait to go out and buy these if Lakers draft him, right after price drops 400 dollars!!! LMAO

They sure are the Nike Kobe Venomenon 4's.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14295
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 23


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14295
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 23

Interesting podcast, he has Ingram 5th if he was in this years draft. Jaylen Brown #3rd pick last year would be 11th in this years draft, which says how deep this draft is.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 19957
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

kkennon1 wrote:

Watch out for that Sly Fox....lol. Even if LA keeps the pick I know they're all in on Ball regardless of what the media says.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14295
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 23

userpete1037 wrote:
Watch out for that Sly Fox....lol. Even if LA keeps the pick I know they're all in on Ball regardless of what the media says.

Been watching videos of top 5 ,strengths and weaknesses. If Lakers get #1 , I'm being to see what scouts are saying about Fultz, Fox starting to remind me of Wall, just needs to get his shot falling consistently, although I wouldn't draft him in top 3, but in trade back I'd take him. If Lakers get top pick, I don't necessarily think they go with Ball. At 3, I think it makes it easy for them if Fultz and Jackson are gone.

For you Pete: lol


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14295
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 23

Strengths of top players, if Lakers keep pick!!!!


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14295
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 23

Weaknesses:


IhatetheCeltics
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8154
votes: 51

userpete1037 wrote:
Watch out for that Sly Fox....lol. Even if LA keeps the pick I know they're all in on Ball regardless of what the media says.

I actually believe that they are not all in on anybody. Just because the narrative is there for the Lakers to select Ball, doesn't mean that that is what they are actually thinking. It was the same thing with Okafor a few years ago. Draft experts were all saying it was a done deal, they were going to take him. He was a laker fan, and the Lakers had a history of selecting big men. And it wasn't until the morning of the draft that we found out they weren't selecting Okafor. I know it's a different front office, but no reputable reporter has come out and said the Lakers are all in on Ball. Ding is the one who broke that the Lakers were going to select Russell before anyone else did, and he wrote this recent article about the 4 players. Ramona Shelburne(who is very clued into this stuff) verified that the Lakers aren't locked in on anyone this morning. Maybe that might change going forward, but not hard to see why they wouldn't be all in on anybody, especially since they haven't worked out or interviewed any of the players.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
 Avatar
Posts: 19957
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

IhatetheCeltics wrote:
I actually believe that they are not all in on anybody. Just because the narrative is there for the Lakers to select Ball, doesn't mean that that is what they are actually thinking. It was the same thing with Okafor a few years ago. Draft experts were all saying it was a done deal, they were going to take him. He was a laker fan, and the Lakers had a history of selecting big men. And it wasn't until the morning of the draft that we found out they weren't selecting Okafor. I know it's a different front office, but no reputable reporter has come out and said the Lakers are all in on Ball. Ding is the one who broke that the Lakers were going to select Russell before anyone else did, and he wrote this recent article about the 4 players. Ramona Shelburne(who is very clued into this stuff) verified that the Lakers aren't locked in on anyone this morning. Maybe that might change going forward, but not hard to see why they wouldn't be all in on anybody, especially since they haven't worked out or interviewed any of the players.

We'll see in another month.....


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8543

us.gif
votes: 22

kkennon1 wrote:
Interesting podcast, he has Ingram 5th if he was in this years draft. Jaylen Brown #3rd pick last year would be 11th in this years draft, which says how deep this draft is.

Wow, that's surprising. Don't think anyone in this draft looks as good (potential-wise) as Ingram/Simmons last year.


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8543

us.gif
votes: 22

userpete1037 wrote:
Watch out for that Sly Fox....lol. Even if LA keeps the pick I know they're all in on Ball regardless of what the media says.

Yeah, but he could be gone by the time we draft. Everyone I see tripping on this headline, like we don't really like ball. There's not telling where/if we draft and who will be available. Gotta have at least 4 guys in your mind.


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8543

us.gif
votes: 22

Delete


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8543

us.gif
votes: 22

IhatetheCeltics wrote:
I actually believe that they are not all in on anybody. Just because the narrative is there for the Lakers to select Ball, doesn't mean that that is what they are actually thinking. It was the same thing with Okafor a few years ago. Draft experts were all saying it was a done deal, they were going to take him. He was a laker fan, and the Lakers had a history of selecting big men. And it wasn't until the morning of the draft that we found out they weren't selecting Okafor. I know it's a different front office, but no reputable reporter has come out and said the Lakers are all in on Ball. Ding is the one who broke that the Lakers were going to select Russell before anyone else did, and he wrote this recent article about the 4 players. Ramona Shelburne(who is very clued into this stuff) verified that the Lakers aren't locked in on anyone this morning. Maybe that might change going forward, but not hard to see why they wouldn't be all in on anybody, especially since they haven't worked out or interviewed any of the players.

Morning of?? Shoot, everyone was shocked when it happened!


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14295
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 23

JJCali wrote:
Wow, that's surprising. Don't think anyone in this draft looks as good (potential-wise) as Ingram/Simmons last year.

Simmons would still be in top 2 this year, at least that's what I heard another analysis say.

That's why if Lakers are going to suck, I wish they could at least move up to top pick once. We got Randle instead of Wiggins, Dlo instead of Towns. Words still out on Simmons. Keep hearing Fultz is only one this year with superstar potential.


lakerdudeinindy
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1426
votes: 15

kkennon1 wrote:
Simmons would still be in top 2 this year, at least that's what I heard another analysis say.

That's why if Lakers are going to suck, I wish they could at least move up to top pick once. We got Randle instead of Wiggins, Dlo instead of Towns. Words still out on Simmons. Keep hearing Fultz is only one this year with superstar potential.

Fultz does have that superstar potential in my opinon. His game reminds me of Damien Lillard and I he think he could easily fit alongside Russell, Clarkson and BI. Honestly, with the number of point guards in this draft, several would fit into this group and could be a strong piece that fits and pushes the team forward or bring that potential superstar power the Lkaers are looking for, which I believe Fultz has.

Now, I do think Ball works for us, but his one man circus of a Dad, I think is giving the Lakers some pause, once again my opinion. Teams do tend to throw out smoke screens on who they want to take, but the Lakers are pretty obvious, but it is smart to see who else fits in JUST in case Phoenix decides SCREW it we want this kid. De'Aron Fox and Dennis Smith are VERY underrated and could surprise Laker fans IF the Lakers had to choose them instead.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14295
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 23

lakerdudeinindy wrote:
Fultz does have that superstar potential in my opinon. His game reminds me of Damien Lillard and I he think he could easily fit alongside Russell, Clarkson and BI. Honestly, with the number of point guards in this draft, several would fit into this group and could be a strong piece that fits and pushes the team forward or bring that potential superstar power the Lkaers are looking for, which I believe Fultz has.

Now, I do think Ball works for us, but his one man circus of a Dad, I think is giving the Lakers some pause, once again my opinion. Teams do tend to throw out smoke screens on who they want to take, but the Lakers are pretty obvious, but it is smart to see who else fits in JUST in case Phoenix decides SCREW it we want this kid. De'Aron Fox and Dennis Smith are VERY underrated and could surprise Laker fans IF the Lakers had to choose them instead.

Agree, although I think they'll go with Jackson over Fox or Smith , he's the most nba ready and can play 2 and 3. Plus great on defense..imo


lakerdudeinindy
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1426
votes: 15

kkennon1 wrote:
Agree, although I think they'll go with Jackson over Fox or Smith , he's the most nba ready and can play 2 and 3. Plus great on defense..imo

True. He gives them a player with good shot creation, good defense and length at the two and can match up physically with some threes eventually. It would be cool though if the front office would surprise everyone and go for Fox due to his defensive abilities and the ability to run an offense. I think he is going to be a better player than most think. He shut Ball down and scorched him for 39pts. This draft is a true point guard draft.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14295
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 23

lakerdudeinindy wrote:
True. He gives them a player with good shot creation, good defense and length at the two and can match up physically with some threes eventually. It would be cool though if the front office would surprise everyone and go for Fox due to his defensive abilities and the ability to run an offense. I think he is going to be a better player than most think. He shut Ball down and scorched him for 39pts. This draft is a true point guard draft.

Like Fox, but defense and running offense are supposed to be one of his weaknesses, according to scouting video. As far as torching Ball, it was more about torching whole UCLA team, which was weak defensively whole year. But love Fox's speed, think he'd give Wall a run for the money. Agree think he'll be better than most think, but don't think anybody will have the guts to draft him over Fultz,Ball or Jackson.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14295
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 23

Thought this was funny, a lot of people got on Lakers for not going with Porzingis. Look at why Suns didn't go with Leonard.


lakerdudeinindy
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1426
votes: 15

kkennon1 wrote:
Like Fox, but defense and running offense are supposed to be one of his weaknesses, according to scouting video. As far as torching Ball, it was more about torching whole UCLA team, which was weak defensively whole year. But love Fox's speed, think he'd give Wall a run for the money. Agree think he'll be better than most think, but don't think anybody will have the guts to draft him over Fultz,Ball or Jackson.

Yeah, the players above Fox are a little more enticing, but I would consider Fox though, just me. He seems to have more to his game than what is seen as with MOST of Calipari's players, so he might excel as a playmaker in the pros, but I digress, just a big fan of the kids upside.

But, I personally would like us to get Fultz IF we sneak in and get the 1st pick. Sold on Ball the player, but not sold on Daddy Ball the circus act.


lakerdudeinindy
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1426
votes: 15

kkennon1 wrote:
Thought this was funny, a lot of people got on Lakers for not going with Porzingis. Look at why Suns didn't go with Leonard.

LOL....Whaaaat??? Got to love advanced scouting.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 19957
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

userpete1037 wrote:
We'll see in another month.....

Dam the draft lottery is next week on 5/16. Where the hell I get another month from....smh at myself...lol. Must've been thinking about the actual draft on 6/22.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14295
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 23

lakerdudeinindy wrote:
Yeah, the players above Fox are a little more enticing, but I would consider Fox though, just me. He seems to have more to his game than what is seen as with MOST of Calipari's players, so he might excel as a playmaker in the pros, but I digress, just a big fan of the kids upside.

But, I personally would like us to get Fultz IF we sneak in and get the 1st pick. Sold on Ball the player, but not sold on Daddy Ball the circus act.

Who knows you might get your wish either way. Lol


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 19957
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

kkennon1 wrote:
Thought this was funny, a lot of people got on Lakers for not going with Porzingis. Look at why Suns didn't go with Leonard.

Those darn sweaty analytics.....lmao.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
 Avatar
Posts: 19957
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

JJCali wrote:
Yeah, but he could be gone by the time we draft. Everyone I see tripping on this headline, like we don't really like ball. There's not telling where/if we draft and who will be available. Gotta have at least 4 guys in your mind.

Yup.....


Options Quick Reply: RE: Lottery Pick or Unload Deng and Mozgov?
register
You are an anonymous user- or .
Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
Notify me when a reply is posted
Don't Check Spelling
Note: Twitter & Youtube BBCODE Tags are no longer necessary. The system will automatically convert links to tweets & youtube videos.
   
 
Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home
Post new topic   Reply to topic
register
You are an anonymous user- Register now or Log in Now!


Add our Los Angeles Lakers Blog RSS Feed, the Lakers Rumors RSS Feed, the Lakers News RSS feed, and the Lakers Forum RSS feed to get the latest Laker News and Rumors and Lakers Game info in your RSS/XML reader!