Magic Wants a Star, I Say Be Careful and Patient (P. 5)

Lakers Forum » Lakers Blogs
Author Search This Topic:
 
kkennon1
votes: 23
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14357
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif

LALA-LandShow24 wrote:
Doubt he goes West. The best place for him is the east as it would be easier for him to get back to the finals. He will need to get a shooter that can also defend in place of Love. But the bench is also in need of an upgrade. GS bench is too deep.

If he does go out West, I think its more likely he joins the Clippers and his buddy CP3.

Think if he does leave, it will definitely be LA, just don't know about which LA team. But listening to an interview this morning on Mike and Mike, apparently he has a lot of off the court stuff going on in LA, especially in TV and Movies.

LALA-LandShow24
votes: 2
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 571

kkennon1 wrote:
Think if he does leave, it will definitely be LA, just don't know about which LA team. But listening to an interview this morning on Mike and Mike, apparently he has a lot of off the court stuff going on in LA, especially in TV and Movies.

I definitely think it would be Clippers. CP3 is already there and while he did opt out and will need a new contract, I think it gets done and James replaces Griffin. However, is that team really better than the Cavs now? The Clippers bench is probably worse than the Cavs'. lol

SPQR
votes: 291
LNS HOF Bronze

Posts: 9286
Location: Pennsylvania

Cali,

You can shake your head all you want but Lebron is still the best player in the game. No one can guard Durant. That's a given. And yes if Lebron and Durant switched teams the Warriors would have won in five or four and Lebron would have won the Mvp.

Speaking of love, how long will you let your Kobe love force that Lebron hate on you. Kobe is gone you know. It's time to move on. Seriously. You were wrong so many times when Kobe was playing and now carrying that torch is still burning you bad. You're becoming the same type of caricature that Kobe was his last year's in the league. It's 2017 not 2007.

McBill,

If I'm Lebron or San Antonio I'm not waiting and hoping that Durant or Curry gets hurt. The Showtime Lakers and Jordan's Bulls won a lot of rings while teams hoped for injuries. If you're serious about trying to win it you have to be proactive.

Pete,

You're right. The Cavs and Lebron are stuck. His only real option to try get back in it is the Spurs. Pops has that team running that system as well as GS runs theirs. You have Leonard and Aldridge and good role players. The Spurs also find and bring in good role players.

If Lebron doesn't go there then we can all settle back and watch the Warriors win titles till they get old or as McBill said, injury ravagees them.

JJCali
votes: 22
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8544

us.gif

kkennon1 wrote:
Lol, who in the league can stop Durant, no one!!!

And Durant or rest of Warriors didn't exactly stop LBJ.

Curry probably plays the worst defense of all, he doesn't play any , but I give it up to GS, with the way they switch on defense, they hide him well.

Careful JJ, LBJ might be a Laker in another year. Lmao

Heard the former lakers now Cavs sideline report say he thinks with LBJ's off court stuff he wants to do after basketball, he thinks LBJ will go to LA regardless of what Cavs do next year or 2.

No, LBJ played the worst defense I've ever seen. To say that Curry was worse is ridiculous. When Durant Scores more and plays 1,000 X better defense, and usually rebounds more, it's very clear that Durant is better. He has been for years. Think if Durant wasn't on the team Curry would still look better too. Curry was better last year than LBJ has ever been.

Btw, you've been telling me to be careful he might be here for years. I keep telling you guys it'll never happen... although I admit, I think Magic would be more out of touch with Lakers fans with his LBJ love and he would actually be willing to bring him here. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

JJCali
votes: 22
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8544

us.gif

SPQR wrote:
Cali,

You can shake your head all you want but Lebron is still the best player in the game. No one can guard Durant. That's a given. And yes if Lebron and Durant switched teams the Warriors would have won in five or four and Lebron would have won the Mvp.

Speaking of love, how long will you let your Kobe love force that Lebron hate on you. Kobe is gone you know. It's time to move on. Seriously. You were wrong so many times when Kobe was playing and now carrying that torch is still burning you bad. You're becoming the same type of caricature that Kobe was his last year's in the league. It's 2017 not 2007.

McBill,

If I'm Lebron or San Antonio I'm not waiting and hoping that Durant or Curry gets hurt. The Showtime Lakers and Jordan's Bulls won a lot of rings while teams hoped for injuries. If you're serious about trying to win it you have to be proactive.

Pete,

You're right. The Cavs and Lebron are stuck. His only real option to try get back in it is the Spurs. Pops has that team running that system as well as GS runs theirs. You have Leonard and Aldridge and good role players. The Spurs also find and bring in good role players.

If Lebron doesn't go there then we can all settle back and watch the Warriors win titles till they get old or as McBill said, injury ravagees them.

Hmm, you actually sound like you love James more than I do Kobe. Kobe was clearly the better player. Kobe wasn't even my favorite player or anything. I just appreciate his greatness. Just like Jordan. Wasn't a fan of his, but he's the GOAT. The last time I had a favorite player was Shaq with the Lakers.

Love on, SPQR, love on. No hard feelings towards you.

userpete1037
votes: 18
LNS HOF Platinum

Posts: 20298
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif

SPQR wrote:
Cali,

You can shake your head all you want but Lebron is still the best player in the game. No one can guard Durant. That's a given. And yes if Lebron and Durant switched teams the Warriors would have won in five or four and Lebron would have won the Mvp.

Speaking of love, how long will you let your Kobe love force that Lebron hate on you. Kobe is gone you know. It's time to move on. Seriously. You were wrong so many times when Kobe was playing and now carrying that torch is still burning you bad. You're becoming the same type of caricature that Kobe was his last year's in the league. It's 2017 not 2007.

McBill,

If I'm Lebron or San Antonio I'm not waiting and hoping that Durant or Curry gets hurt. The Showtime Lakers and Jordan's Bulls won a lot of rings while teams hoped for injuries. If you're serious about trying to win it you have to be proactive.

Pete,

You're right. The Cavs and Lebron are stuck. His only real option to try get back in it is the Spurs. Pops has that team running that system as well as GS runs theirs. You have Leonard and Aldridge and good role players. The Spurs also find and bring in good role players.

If Lebron doesn't go there then we can all settle back and watch the Warriors win titles till they get old or as McBill said, injury ravagees them.

Hey maybe he and Cp3 can link up in San Antonio. Might be only 7 players on the team total though....lol.

kkennon1
votes: 23
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14357
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif

JJCali wrote:
No, LBJ played the worst defense I've ever seen. To say that Curry was worse is ridiculous. When Durant Scores more and plays 1,000 X better defense, and usually rebounds more, it's very clear that Durant is better. He has been for years. Think if Durant wasn't on the team Curry would still look better too. Curry was better last year than LBJ has ever been.

Btw, you've been telling me to be careful he might be here for years. I keep telling you guys it'll never happen... although I admit, I think Magic would be more out of touch with Lakers fans with his LBJ love and he would actually be willing to bring him here. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

JJ, take of the shades, before series even started they talked about how Curry hardly ever plays against other teams pg, and how GS switching defense covers for him. So unless you know more than analysis and players, I'll take their word for it , plus that fact that I paid special attention to him , and saw his man going by him whole series before he would pass him off to another player.

As far as last year, all I'll say is, up 3-1 and Curry lost. Lmao

And your right ,Durant is a better scorer, he always has been. But once again your wrong about everything else. LBJ and him are same in rebounds LBJ 7.3 , Durant 7.2 and Durant is 2" taller.

LBJ is 19th rated player in NBA in defense, Durant 30th. Sorry ,but you can't changes the facts!!! LOL

JJCali
votes: 22
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8544

us.gif

kkennon1 wrote:
JJ, take of the shades, before series even started they talked about how Curry hardly ever plays against other teams pg, and how GS switching defense covers for him. So unless you know more than analysis and players, I'll take their word for it , plus that fact that I paid special attention to him , and saw his man going by him whole series before he would pass him off to another player.

As far as last year, all I'll say is, up 3-1 and Curry lost. Lmao

And your right ,Durant is a better scorer, he always has been. But once again your wrong about everything else. LBJ and him are same in rebounds LBJ 7.3 , Durant 7.2 and Durant is 2" taller.

LBJ is 19th rated player in NBA in defense, Durant 30th. Sorry ,but you can't changes the facts!!! LOL

I appreciate your attempt to debate my point, but you're clearly the one wearing shades. A. When was the last time Durant averaged 7.2 rpg with the exception of the injured season where he only played in 27 games? 6 years ago?? No ones talking about or cares about his numbers when he was 19 or 20. B. Have you watched LBJ play defense? Cause if you have eyes and you paid attention, you'd easily see that his defense isn't 100th of what Durants is. LBJ was an absolute joke on defense this series.

kkennon1
votes: 23
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14357
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif

JJCali wrote:
I appreciate your attempt to debate my point, but you're clearly the one wearing shades. A. When was the last time Durant averaged 7.2 rpg with the exception of the injured season where he only played in 27 games? 6 years ago?? No ones talking about or cares about his numbers when he was 19 or 20. B. Have you watched LBJ play defense? Cause if you have eyes and you paid attention, you'd easily see that his defense isn't 100th of what Durants is. LBJ was an absolute joke on defense this series.

I'm not talking about one series, I'm talking about their careers. And Durant didn't stop LBJ either, who set record with triple double. Lol

But to answer your question just this season alone LBJ 8.6 rpg, Durant 8.3 , by the way it's the highest Durant has ever averaged for a season in whole career. Also for career Durant has averaged 27.2 ppg and he's been go to scorer. LBJ 27.1 ppg while being more Magic.

But since your talking series, Durant 35 ppg and 8 rpg, LBJ 34 ppg and 12 rpg, so I'd say neither played great defense, since they mostly guarded one another. No shades here!!! Numbers don't lie!

JJCali
votes: 22
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8544

us.gif

kkennon1 wrote:
I'm not talking about one series, I'm talking about their careers. And Durant didn't stop LBJ either, who set record with triple double. Lol

But to answer your question just this season alone LBJ 8.6 rpg, Durant 8.3 , by the way it's the highest Durant has ever averaged for a season in whole career. Also for career Durant has averaged 27.2 ppg and he's been go to scorer. LBJ 27.1 ppg while being more Magic.

But since your talking series, Durant 35 ppg and 8 rpg, LBJ 34 ppg and 12 rpg, so I'd say neither played great defense, since they mostly guarded one another. No shades here!!! Numbers don't lie!

No one is talking about their entire careers. No one said Durant has had a greater career. Always changing the narrative Kkennon. I see you. Anyways, I'm not going to sit her and continue to argue about that overrated bum.

kkennon1
votes: 23
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14357
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif

JJCali wrote:
No one is talking about their entire careers. No one said Durant has had a greater career. Always changing the narrative Kkennon. I see you. Anyways, I'm not going to sit her and continue to argue about that overrated bum.

That's why I put series numbers up. But no need to continue, your overrated bum comment says it all !!! LOL

Tempy
votes: 51
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12901
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif

kkennon1 wrote:
I'm not talking about one series, I'm talking about their careers. And Durant didn't stop LBJ either, who set record with triple double. Lol

But to answer your question just this season alone LBJ 8.6 rpg, Durant 8.3 , by the way it's the highest Durant has ever averaged for a season in whole career. Also for career Durant has averaged 27.2 ppg and he's been go to scorer. LBJ 27.1 ppg while being more Magic.

But since your talking series, Durant 35 ppg and 8 rpg, LBJ 34 ppg and 12 rpg, so I'd say neither played great defense, since they mostly guarded one another. No shades here!!! Numbers don't lie!

Save your energy Kk. You're debating a Kobe enthusiast on a Laker forum. Instead of appreciating a special talent (just as Kobe was) they would rather call him a bum and try devalue any accomplishment in order to preserve Kobe's mighty name.

It boggles my mind.

Tempy
votes: 51
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12901
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif

SPQR wrote:

If Lebron doesn't go there then we can all settle back and watch the Warriors win titles till they get old or as McBill said, injury ravagees them.

No one is mentioning the salary cap implications they are going to be facing, if Durant and Curry sign anything close to max deals they are going to be paying serious tax money.

TERRY-TEAGLE
votes: 41
Laker GM
Posts: 3664
Location: Belmont Shores,CA

userpete1037
votes: 18
LNS HOF Platinum
Posts: 20298
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif

Tempy wrote:
No one is mentioning the salary cap implications they are going to be facing, if Durant and Curry sign anything close to max deals they are going to be paying serious tax money.

They have it to spend.....

Tempy
votes: 51
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12901
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif

userpete1037 wrote:
They have it to spend.....

https://mobile.twitter.com/BobbyMarks42 ... 8700170242

laker2thegrave
votes: 15
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1380

Tempy wrote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/BobbyMarks42/status/8715524887001702 42

I wonder what the number is for how much money they are making by making a deep Finals run for the next 4 seasons. If I remember correctly all playoff money goes to owner of the team.

Tempy
votes: 51
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12901
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif

laker2thegrave wrote:
I wonder what the number is for how much money they are making by making a deep Finals run for the next 4 seasons. If I remember correctly all playoff money goes to owner of the team.

Take this with a pinch of salt but the clinching game was worth $12 million to the warriors, over winning in Cleveland. How much of that is profit I don't know but the article was posted over on ESPN. What is going to kill the warriors is the repeater tax.

It's crazy to believe but the Knicks, Lakers and Bulls, are all worth more than the warriors in franchise value.

kkennon1
votes: 23
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14357
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif

Tempy wrote:
Take this with a pinch of salt but the clinching game was worth $12 million to the warriors, over winning in Cleveland. How much of that is profit I don't know but the article was posted over on ESPN. What is going to kill the warriors is the repeater tax.

It's crazy to believe but the Knicks, Lakers and Bulls, are all worth more than the warriors in franchise value.

Warrior are at 3 now.

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/gallery/nb ... ion-021517

laker2thegrave
votes: 15
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1380

Tempy wrote:
Take this with a pinch of salt but the clinching game was worth $12 million to the warriors, over winning in Cleveland. How much of that is profit I don't know but the article was posted over on ESPN. What is going to kill the warriors is the repeater tax.

It's crazy to believe but the Knicks, Lakers and Bulls, are all worth more than the warriors in franchise value.

If someone knows better correct my understanding on this. My understanding is player salaries are based on the regular season. So if a player makes $20 million a year it is spread over the 82 game season. All playoff money is then all to the owner theoretically and the players are playing for "free".

kkennon1
votes: 23
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14357
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif

laker2thegrave wrote:
If someone knows better correct my understanding on this. My understanding is player salaries are based on the regular season. So if a player makes $20 million a year it is spread over the 82 game season. All playoff money is then all to the owner theoretically and the players are playing for "free".

No they get a playoffs bonus, which they split.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/features/201 ... ayday.html

Tempy
votes: 51
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12901
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif

laker2thegrave wrote:
If someone knows better correct my understanding on this. My understanding is player salaries are based on the regular season. So if a player makes $20 million a year it is spread over the 82 game season. All playoff money is then all to the owner theoretically and the players are playing for "free".

Yes the players pay is based on the regular season but teams don't really make that much from the playoffs. Or at least as much as people think. Keeping a team as perennial contenders is extremely expensive in the current NBA climate.

kkennon1
votes: 23
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14357
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif

Think Randle might have taken what Magic said a little to serious. Lol

kkennon1
votes: 23
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14357
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif

Summer league!!!!

userpete1037
votes: 18
LNS HOF Platinum
Posts: 20298
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif

kkennon1 wrote:
Think Randle might have taken what Magic said a little to serious. Lol

Fire!!!!!!....lol.

Tempy
votes: 51
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12901
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif

kkennon1 wrote:
Summer league!!!!

Damn I'm in Vegas the week before.


Options Quick Reply: RE: Magic Wants a Star, I Say Be Careful and Patient
register
You are an anonymous user- or .
Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
Notify me when a reply is posted
Don't Check Spelling
Note: Twitter & Youtube BBCODE Tags are no longer necessary. The system will automatically convert links to tweets & youtube videos.
   


   
   
register
You are an anonymous user- Register now or Log in Now!