Lakers Draft Brandon Ingram in 2016 NBA Draft #2 Overall

Lakers Forum » Lakers News
Poll
Do you like the choice?
Yes
100%
 100%  [26]
No
0%
 0%  [0]
Total Votes : 26

Author Search This Topic:
 
userpete1037
votes: 18
LNS HOF Platinum
Posts: 20286
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
   

Welcome to the family "BI"!!!!!!!!!!

userpete1037
votes: 18
LNS HOF Platinum
Posts: 20286
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif

Lets get it young guns!!!!!!!!

JChrist101
votes: 22
Laker GM
Posts: 2931

Well, guess I'll support the Lakers decision. Welcome, Ingram. Prove me wrong.

Lakers_4_Lyfe_BayBay
votes: 40
LNS HOF Bronze

Posts: 5322

us.gif

Super excited to have Ingram join this squad, he is the perfect fit.

Russel / Clarkson / Ingram/ Randle / C

Very excited for the potential of this team.

steven18
votes: 11
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1746

us.gif

INGRAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

userpete1037
votes: 18
LNS HOF Platinum
Posts: 20286
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif

Lakers_4_Lyfe_BayBay wrote:
Super excited to have Ingram join this squad, he is the perfect fit.

Russel / Clarkson / Ingram/ Randle / C

Very excited for the potential of this team.

I'm loving it. BI will fill out into his body. The kid is still maturing and a year younger than BS.

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16777
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

Welcome to the legend of the purple and gold.. Ingram. Let's go!

Now let's hope for some pleasant surprises with more picks falling our way....lol

userpete1037
votes: 18
LNS HOF Platinum
Posts: 20286
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
Welcome to the legend of the purple and gold.. Ingram. Let's go!

Now let's hope for some pleasant surprises with more picks falling our way....lol

Yeah ready for #32 now!!!!!!

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16777
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16777
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16777
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

kkennon1
votes: 23
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14354
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif

https://mobile.twitter.com/Lakers/statu ... 9661508609

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16777
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

Phhukkkk. Look at that height!!!!

userpete1037
votes: 18
LNS HOF Platinum
Posts: 20286
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif

kkennon1 wrote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/Lakers/status/746135219661508609

Just happy we got him....happy.

steven18
votes: 11
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1746

us.gif

Man i really want the Lakers to snag another pick ...all these international players being taken first is leaving a lot of good talent on the board

lakerdude
votes: 36
Laker GM
Posts: 4665
Location: lakerdude

I want to keep the Russell, Randle, Ingram crew together and see what we can do I'm excited about this. There's rumors here in Sac, because they selected a center that Cousins may be traded and they're thinking for D'angelo. I know a lot of you all want Cousins, I would like him too, but I don't want to lose Russell. I feel he is going to be something special. Don't do it Mitch. DON'T TRADE RUSSELL.!!!!

JJCali
votes: 22
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8544

us.gif

Glad we made the right choice!

JJCali
votes: 22
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8544

us.gif

JChrist101 wrote:
Well, guess I'll support the Lakers decision. Welcome, Ingram. Prove me wrong.

Awesomeness!

mcbill
votes: 16
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1721

Luwawu will prove to be steal.

steven18
votes: 11
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1746

us.gif

What a great picture

kerby720
votes: 12
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 2124

lakerdude wrote:
I want to keep the Russell, Randle, Ingram crew together and see what we can do I'm excited about this. There's rumors here in Sac, because they selected a center that Cousins may be traded and they're thinking for D'angelo. I know a lot of you all want Cousins, I would like him too, but I don't want to lose Russell. I feel he is going to be something special. Don't do it Mitch. DON'T TRADE RUSSELL.!!!!

I can't say that I'm fully on board with possibly having Cousins on the Lakers, but if it were for Clarkson and Randle, then I'd probably say we go for it. Don't get me wrong, I like our young guys, but a lineup of:

PG - DLo

SG - Ingram

SF - FA

PF - Nance Jr.

C - Cousins

would be great. Actually I'd only be willing to deal Randle and Clarkson if we were to get PG, Butler, or Cousins (in that order) back.

kkennon1
votes: 23
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14354
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif

kerby720 wrote:
I can't say that I'm fully on board with possibly having Cousins on the Lakers, but if it were for Clarkson and Randle, then I'd probably say we go for it. Don't get me wrong, I like our young guys, but a lineup of:

PG - DLo

SG - Ingram

SF - FA

PF - Nance Jr.

C - Cousins

would be great. Actually I'd only be willing to deal Randle and Clarkson if we were to get PG, Butler, or Cousins (in that order) back.

Well can't trade Clarkson, unless he agrees or Kings agree to match whatever offer he'd get in FA.

IhatetheCeltics
votes: 51
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8155

lakerdude wrote:
I want to keep the Russell, Randle, Ingram crew together and see what we can do I'm excited about this. There's rumors here in Sac, because they selected a center that Cousins may be traded and they're thinking for D'angelo. I know a lot of you all want Cousins, I would like him too, but I don't want to lose Russell. I feel he is going to be something special. Don't do it Mitch. DON'T TRADE RUSSELL.!!!!

I think Sac wanted to trade the 8th pick for Russell. I don't think that was for Cousins. They want to move Cousins to PF anways. That is his natural position.

JJCali
votes: 22
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8544

us.gif

steven18 wrote:
What a great picture

Wow, looks like they already knew who they were taking.

JJCali
votes: 22
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8544

us.gif

I'm pumped for next season. A lineup that currently looks like this!:

PG: Russell / Williams

SG: Clarkson / Young

SF: Ingram / Brown

PF: Randle / Nance

C: ??

kerby720
votes: 12
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 2124

I'm getting excited about the Lakers' 32nd pick also. There are plenty of guys that were supposed to be lottery picks, but are falling. Why not take a flyer on one of them? Especially since many of them could possibly play C.

IhatetheCeltics
votes: 51
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8155

This thing is moving waaay too slow.....

lakerdude
votes: 36
Laker GM
Posts: 4665
Location: lakerdude

I want Gary Payton Jr for our 32nd pick. He is my preferred player. Dude puts up numbers and would be perfect for the Lakers. He's my choice.....

steven18
votes: 11
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1746

us.gif

JJCali wrote:
Wow, looks like they already knew who they were taking.

I'm really hoping that's what it will look like in the FA meetings

userpete1037
votes: 18
LNS HOF Platinum
Posts: 20286
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif

lakerdude wrote:
I want Gary Payton Jr for our 32nd pick. He is my preferred player. Dude puts up numbers and would be perfect for the Lakers. He's my choice.....

I have no problem with that.

userpete1037
votes: 18
LNS HOF Platinum
Posts: 20286
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif

There goes our Center....lol.

steven18
votes: 11
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1746

us.gif

Wow can't believe we passed on diallo

kerby720
votes: 12
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 2124

Zubac could be good. He definitely needs a couple of years to hone his craft, but if he can make Harry Giles disappear like in the video they showed, I'm all for supporting him.

lakerdude
votes: 36
Laker GM
Posts: 4665
Location: lakerdude

Wtf? A dude that may not even be able to be on our team this year? Am I missing something? I feel we should have drafted Payton the 2nd. Whatever, I guess we'll see what he can do in a couple of years when he they bring him over from Croatia.

BiggestLakersFan
votes: 21
Laker GM
Posts: 2679

us.gif

Reminds me of Bogut. Plays good D and can finish around the rim. Not a bad pick. He's only 19!

lakerdudeinindy
votes: 15
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1429

I'm good with the 32nd pick. Zubac was considered a 1st rounder is a legit 7fter that blocks shots and can run the floor. Diello would have not fit a need. We got Randle and Nance, we don't need 30 power forwards. I like the pick.

kkennon1
votes: 23
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14354
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif

userpete1037 wrote:
There goes our Center....lol.

Backup hopefully. Lol

IhatetheCeltics
votes: 51
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8155

You still need big bodies out there on the floor, even with the style of play Walton wants to implement. Can't play small the whole game. He probably won't be able to play right away, but he could be a good backup big man years from now.

JChrist101
votes: 22
Laker GM
Posts: 2931

Lakers drafts Larry Nance last year, and fans were angry and like who?!?! I trust the management. Good pick up.

BaadMaster
votes: 98
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8624

Now pick up Byombo, KD and c'ya, Dubs!

Skyeword
votes: 68
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 7527
Location: Atlanta
us.gif

If the Lakers can pull a solid center, they are set to compete next season. I'm very confident about Luke as well. Were the coach still Byron, I would have my doubts.

The Lakers right now can win 30 games and, if coached well, 40. If Mitch were wise (unfortunately he's not) he ought to focus on the Center and a potent second team. With Anthony Brown, Larry Nance and Lou Williams (sorry Nick Young - all confidence is lost), if the second team rounds out well, the Lakers competitive level will be solid even though inexperienced.

Given the massive cap, who will the Lakers target in Free Agency? I hope they do not screw up the youth chemistry with a poorly fit vet as Mitch is chronically capable of doing.

The Lakers no longer need KD and he has no good reason to leave OKC unless Phil can lure him to the Rose, Anthony, Portzingas show. Find the best center money can buy Mitch, that fits with the new uptempo Lakers! Philly has to lose one of their three centers and Minny likely has to lose one of theirs so do that and start prepping.

For the record, we did not get Ingram or Russell because Mitch did his job well. They are Lakers because the front office stinks. Clarkson is the only impressive move they've made in many years. Maybe this Croatian kid will prove to be a nice surprise too. Nance has yet to prove himself.

TERRY-TEAGLE
votes: 41
Laker GM
Posts: 3664
Location: Belmont Shores,CA

BaadMaster wrote:
Now pick up Byombo, KD and c'ya, Dubs!

Who did your Clippers pick up?

Do you like the picks they made?

Do you think they filled holes your team was lacking in?

Apollon
votes: 14
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 783
Location: San Diego, CA

Russell and Ingram will be per-annual All Stars in a couple of years. 3 years from now Lakers will be seeing T-Wolves a lot in the western conference finals. With Dunn, LaVine, Wiggins & KAT T-Wolves will be a force to reckon with.

Tempy
votes: 51
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12893
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:

Mitch bought them all a happy meal lol

Tempy
votes: 51
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12893
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif

IhatetheCeltics wrote:
You still need big bodies out there on the floor, even with the style of play Walton wants to implement. Can't play small the whole game. He probably won't be able to play right away, but he could be a good backup big man years from now.

Can't be any worse than freaking Sacre, let's be real. Worse case he doesn't get many minutes. How many second rounders do?

Tempy
votes: 51
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12893
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif

Skyeword wrote:
If the Lakers can pull a solid center, they are set to compete next season. I'm very confident about Luke as well. Were the coach still Byron, I would have my doubts.

The Lakers right now can win 30 games and, if coached well, 40. If Mitch were wise (unfortunately he's not) he ought to focus on the Center and a potent second team. .

I think 30 wins is where the Lakers will max out at. 34 wins is double last year's tally which very rarely happens. I'm not saying it's not possible but there should be no heavy expectations on the young core just yet. Let them develop and the wins will come.

Things may change depending on who they get in free agency if course.

BaadMaster
votes: 98
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8624

TERRY-TEAGLE wrote:
Who did your Clippers pick up?

Do you like the picks they made?

Do you think they filled holes your team was lacking in?

Let it go. I am not being paid to follow a team. I can follow and root for who I want. I am loyal to L.A. and Kobe, that is it.

Among other things, the nepotism in that other team disgusted me. And Jimbo and Mitch seemed to have righted the ship.

So, let's go Lakers. And if you have a problem with me rooting for the Lakers, just ignore me. It is that simple.

JChrist101
votes: 22
Laker GM
Posts: 2931

TERRY-TEAGLE wrote:
Who did your Clippers pick up?

Do you like the picks they made?

Do you think they filled holes your team was lacking in?

Lmao, find out next time on DRAGON BALL Z!!!!

BaadMaster
votes: 98
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8624

I know we all like the no-brainer Ingram pick. But I am curious. Who here thinks Brandon will be the better player vs. Simmons?

I do. The way I see it, you can't teach shooting, and the NBA is becoming a shooters League. Ingram is clearly the better shooter -- he looks like a big Curry.

I think we lucked out with the best player in the draft!

kkennon1
votes: 23
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14354
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif

BaadMaster wrote:
I know we all like the no-brainer Ingram pick. But I am curious. Who here thinks Brandon will be the better player vs. Simmons?

I do. The way I see it, you can't teach shooting, and the NBA is becoming a shooters League. Ingram is clearly the better shooter -- he looks like a big Curry.

I think we lucked out with the best player in the draft!

Think it comes down to if Simmons develops to where he's shooting at least at Draymond Green or LBJ level, who weren't shooters coming into league either. If that happens, than I think Simmons will be better talent wise. My questions about Simmons, that I'm not worried about with Ingram is work ethic, Simmons seems like one of those players that's in it more for living the NBA lifestyle. So if Ingram body develops, I think he'll have better career.


Options Quick Reply: RE: Lakers Draft Brandon Ingram in 2016 NBA Draft #2 Overall
register
You are an anonymous user- or .
Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
Notify me when a reply is posted
Don't Check Spelling
Note: Twitter & Youtube BBCODE Tags are no longer necessary. The system will automatically convert links to tweets & youtube videos.
   


   
   
register
You are an anonymous user- Register now or Log in Now!