Thon Maker Cleared to Enter 2016 Draft

Lakers News Surge Forum/Message Board » NBA News and Rumors and Basketball Talk
Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Search This Topic:
 
GhostNugget
Laker GM
 Avatar
Age: 31
Posts: 4087
Location: Yorba Linda, CA
votes: 18
 


Tempy
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12576
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif
votes: 49

Wonder where he lands in the draft. From everything I've read he has had a poor year. Getting drafted in the low 20s in this year's draft is not something to be proud of lol


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 19691
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

For some reason his 1st name should've been Thor....lol.....J/K. He will be a project for whatever team drafts him. We'll wait for a team to develop him for 3 yrs then snatch him in FA..lol.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13839
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 21

Tempy wrote:
Wonder where he lands in the draft. From everything I've read he has had a poor year. Getting drafted in the low 20s in this year's draft is not something to be proud of lol

Hope he falls into 2nd Rd.


LKnight
Laker GM
Posts: 4173
votes: 70

What do you guys feels about trading up to get him? He's definitely a project but at 7ft and as athletic as he is, he's can't hurt us as a backup 4 going forward and potential trade piece should he not meet expectations.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 19691
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

^^^

It's all gamble....to be honest, I don't know. Don't know if we have time to wait or waste.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13839
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 21

userpete1037 wrote:
^^^

It's all gamble....to be honest, I don't know. Don't know if we have time to wait or waste.

Knowing what I know now, I'd pass on him unless I could by a pick again and get him in 2nd Rd.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 19691
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

kkennon1 wrote:
Knowing what I know now, I'd pass on him unless I could by a pick again and get him in 2nd Rd.

Agree, that's why I prefer letting another team fatten him up then we steal him in FA in 3 yrs...lol.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13839
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 21

userpete1037 wrote:
Agree, that's why I prefer letting another team fatten him up then we steal him in FA in 3 yrs...lol.

Sound like a plan to me. Lol


Tempy
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12576
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif
votes: 49

userpete1037 wrote:
Agree, that's why I prefer letting another team fatten him up then we steal him in FA in 3 yrs...lol.

Well that's not likely to happen, he would be in the same situation as Clarkson is with the Lakers, the Lakers can't lose him unless they really want to let him go.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 19691
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

Tempy wrote:
Well that's not likely to happen, he would be in the same situation as Clarkson is with the Lakers, the Lakers can't lose him unless they really want to let him go.

True dat.


markiemarks
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 966
votes: 7

This guy has ONE infamous YouTube mix tape that everyone and their momma has seen. Now we are raving about him. Thon Maker is a big scam. Watch our stupid front office pick him at 2 or 3 if we lucky enough to keep the pick...


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 19691
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

markiemarks wrote:
This guy has ONE infamous YouTube mix tape that everyone and their momma has seen. Now we are raving about him. Thon Maker is a big scam. Watch our stupid front office pick him at 2 or 3 if we lucky enough to keep the pick...

Oh God I certainly hope not.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13839
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 21

NBA Draft � Verified account ‏@NBADraft

Unofficially, the top three 2016 combine heights (without shoes)

  1. Zhou Qi - 7'1.25"

  2. Jacob Poetl - 7'0.25"

  3. Thon Maker - 6'11.75"


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13839
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 21

Lol, thought this was funny:

Jonathan Wasserman � Verified account ‏@NBADraftWass

Positive day for Thon Maker. Didn't get exposed at ALL by sitting out.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 19691
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

I saw that. Very funny. Can't dodge for too long.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13839
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 21

A. Sherrod Blakely � Verified account ‏@SherrodbCSN

NBA draft hopeful Thon Maker speaking to the media. Said he interviewed with the Boston Celtics�


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13839
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 21

Alex Kennedy � Verified account ‏@AlexKennedyNBA

Thon Maker, who measured in at 7'0.75, had the highest ever max vertical (36.5 in.) and standing vertical (32 in.) for a player over 6'11.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 19691
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

Nice.....


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13839
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 21

Lakers Nation � ‏@LakersNation

ICYMI: Thon Maker, who has received Kevin Durant comparisons, interviewed by Lakers


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 19691
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

^^^

Uh oh!!!!!!!

bath


MrKFC
Laker GM
Posts: 2733
Location: Orange County
calif.gif
votes: 5

Oh man, Thon Maker is a good prospect! I'm glad he's cleared to enter the 2016 draft!


Christiannoel
Serious Laker Fan
Posts: 200
votes: 0

If he falls to the second round, if the basketball Gods allow, we could get him as our low risk high reward draft prospect. Let him train with Karem and Shaq for a year, add a lot of muscles and let us see what happens by then.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13839
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 21
Christiannoel wrote:
If he falls to the second round, if the basketball Gods allow, we could get him as our low risk high reward draft prospect. Let him train with Karem and Shaq for a year, add a lot of muscles and let us see what happens by then.
They're projecting him late 1st Rd to Suns, but noise like he's definitely going to be a project. RUMORSMenu DRAFT NBA Mock Draft 2016 May 18, 2016- by HoopsHype 2.3K Phoenix: Thon Maker Power Forward / 7-0 / Australia / 1997 � Thon is the draft's ultimate wildcard as he gathered a lot of hype during his high school career. Is he....


Options Quick Reply: RE: Thon Maker Cleared to Enter 2016 Draft
register
You are an anonymous user- or .
Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
Notify me when a reply is posted
Don't Check Spelling
Note: Twitter & Youtube BBCODE Tags are no longer necessary. The system will automatically convert links to tweets & youtube videos.
   
 
Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home
Post new topic   Reply to topic
register
You are an anonymous user- Register now or Log in Now!


Add our Los Angeles Lakers Blog RSS Feed, the Lakers Rumors RSS Feed, the Lakers News RSS feed, and the Lakers Forum RSS feed to get the latest Laker News and Rumors and Lakers Game info in your RSS/XML reader!