Lakers Topbuzz iOS + Android Apps for Laker News Released!

Lakers News Surge Forum/Message Board » Lakers Topbuzz Announcements
Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Search This Topic:
 
Dave
Site Admin
 Avatar
Posts: 5282

us.gif
votes: 45
 
Hi guys I have launched a free LTB Lakers News App for iOS. It is an universal app which works with both iPhones plus iPads. With it you can keep track of the latest forum posts on LTB, plus get the latest news on the Lakers from various sources on the web. You can get updates on the team plus individual players such as Kobe, D'Angelo Russell, Jordan Clarkson, and more. Download it free today at the App Store! https://geo.itunes.apple.com/us/app/topbuzz-news-for-lakers/id10733945 70?mt=8&at=1000laGd Version 2.0 is in the works, which will also have more features plus an Android edition. That should be....


GhostNugget
Laker GM
Posts: 4087
Location: Yorba Linda, CA
votes: 18

Awesome! Downloaded it today.


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16585
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 70

Wow..just what i was looking for. Downloaded and using it already. Thanks Dave and Congrats..!!!


Tempy
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12761
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif
votes: 51

Dave wrote:
Hi guys I have launched a free LTB Lakers News App for iOS. It is an universal app which works with both iPhones plus iPads. With it you can keep track of the latest forum posts on LTB, plus get the latest news on the Lakers from various sources on the web. You can get updates on the team plus individual players such as Kobe, D'Angelo Russell, Jordan Clarkson, and more.

Download it free today at the App Store!

https://geo.itunes.apple.com/us/app/top ... t=1000laGd

Version 2.0 is in the works, which will also have more features plus an Android edition. That should be out within a few weeks. Thanks guys!

Does the app reduce battery drain? Using an android nexus the website drains battery like no other site I have seen.


Dave
Site Admin
Posts: 5282

us.gif
votes: 45

Thanks for the support guys- personally I'm actually using it more than the browser to access LTB now myself!

Tempy wrote:
Does the app reduce battery drain? Using an android nexus the website drains battery like no other site I have seen.

I think it could Tempy. But why don't you get an iPhone or an iPad- that'll fix your battery drain issue, lol. Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_28


Tempy
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12761
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif
votes: 51

Dave wrote:
I think it could Tempy. But why don't you get an iPhone or an iPad- that'll fix your battery drain issue, lol. Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_28

You and the iSheep. No wonder you get wowed by the Lakers FO each summer lol.


Dave
Site Admin
Posts: 5282

us.gif
votes: 45

Tempy wrote:
You and the iSheep. No wonder you get wowed by the Lakers FO each summer lol.

LOL you know, I used to be a skeptic myself (I was a big M$ fan), but once I joined the herd I never looked back. I like the newer versions of Android though- I have an NVIDIA Shield tablet running Marshmellow. But too bad something like 95% of the Android devices out there will never be able to get it.


Tempy
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12761
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif
votes: 51

Dave wrote:
LOL you know, I used to be a skeptic myself (I was a big M$ fan), but once I joined the herd I never looked back. I like the newer versions of Android though- I have an NVIDIA Shield tablet running Marshmellow. But too bad something like 95% of the Android devices out there will never be able to get it.

That's why I got a nexus.

I'm not against apple products, I use them and can see the appeal but I just don't think they are worth what you pay.


Dave
Site Admin
Posts: 5282

us.gif
votes: 45

Hey guys just a heads up that version 2.0 of the Topbuzz Lakers News app for iOS has been released. Here are a few screen shots:

I'm also pleased to announced that Android users can enjoy the app now as well:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... uzz.lakers

So if you have an Android tablet or phone, please check it out and I look forward to any feedback!


Tempy
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12761
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif
votes: 51

Dave wrote:
Hey guys just a heads up that version 2.0 of the Topbuzz Lakers News app for iOS has been released. Here are a few screen shots:

I'm also pleased to announced that Android users can enjoy the app now as well:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... uzz.lakers

So if you have an Android tablet or phone, please check it out and I look forward to any feedback!

I just downloaded the android app. I love the interface.

First thoughts, when I go in to open a thread, I have to go to the thread I'm interested in and then click open to access it. Meaning I'm clicking through twice to get where I want to be. Could this be changed so its 1 touch or set it up where it can be an option.

Once you do open up a thread, it opens in a new window. I would prefer to stay within the app.

Again once you open a thread it takes you to the website, because its not developed for mobile browsing its not as snappy. An option for condensed viewing would make this snappier and respond quicker.

Removing some of the features available on the page would help with the speed of loading.

Just my 3c (inflation).


Dave
Site Admin
 Avatar
Posts: 5282

us.gif
votes: 45

Tempy wrote:
I just downloaded the android app. I love the interface.

First thoughts, when I go in to open a thread, I have to go to the thread I'm interested in and then click open to access it. Meaning I'm clicking through twice to get where I want to be. Could this be changed so its 1 touch or set it up where it can be an option.

Once you do open up a thread, it opens in a new window. I would prefer to stay within the app.

Again once you open a thread it takes you to the website, because its not developed for mobile browsing its not as snappy. An option for condensed viewing would make this snappier and respond quicker.

Removing some of the features available on the page would help with the speed of loading.

Just my 3c (inflation).

Yeah I'll look into opening the forum thread right away after clicking instead of a separate screen. And the loading of the site in smaller screens- that's the site itself where I'll continue to work on making it better on mobile. Thanks for the feedback Tempy!


Dave
Site Admin
Posts: 5282

us.gif
votes: 45

BTW the app is also available in the Amazon Appstore as well for those with a Kindle Fire:

http://www.amazon.com/Topbuzz-Lakers-Ru ... 01BM2YVPO/

If you guys like the app please give it a 5 star rating and a brief review in the respective app stores if you get the chance- appreciate it!


Tempy
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12761
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif
votes: 51

Dave wrote:
Yeah I'll look into opening the forum thread right away after clicking instead of a separate screen. And the loading of the site in smaller screens- that's the site itself where I'll continue to work on making it better on mobile. Thanks for the feedback Tempy!

No worries, I'm sure it's a time consuming project. Thanks for all you do.


Tempy
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12761
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif
votes: 51

Anyone else having trouble with the Android app?

When I try enter the fan forum, I get no connection, we can not reach our servers at the moment.


kerby720
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 2124
votes: 12

Thanks Dave for all the hard work!!


Dave
Site Admin
Posts: 5282

us.gif
votes: 45

Thanks Kirby! Tempy this problem should be fixed now.

BTW the apps need some reviews! If you guys can take a minute and put in a good word in either the iOS App Store or Google Play I'd REALLY appreciate it. Thanks all!


Tempy
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12761
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif
votes: 51

Dave, can you set up an option on what loads as you launch the app. With the latest app update it defaults to news, I preferred the fan forum.

Also, I understand the need for advertising on the site but the ones I see through the app are painfully annoying! I don't have a virus on my phone, I don't have memory issues etc etc. But $2 to be ad free is a bit much. Especially for some of us that create and contribute to a lot of threads. It would be nice if there was another option.

I know $2 isn't much money but you can download an ad blocker for free that gets you ad free.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 19957
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

You're the man Dave....


Dave
Site Admin
 Avatar
Posts: 5282

us.gif
votes: 45

Thanks for the feedback Tempy and the kind words Pete!

Tempy re: the default page- I think that could be something I can work on where it is user configurable. It was just that since it is a news app ultimately, I decided to make that change. As far as the ads go- yeah memory/virus ad sounds annoying. I can actually block them if you let me know the URL.

As far as the $1.99 to go ad free- the development of it certainly was not free, and I'm not even close to breaking even on this app- maybe in a year. But yeah doing the in-app purchase will unlock even more features in the future.

I'm still looking for reviews, so I'd be willing to give out a limited number of promo codes to LTB users with 2 or more reps or 100+ posts who download the app and write a review in either the App Store or the Google Play Store. Just PM me after you submit the review, and after verification I'll send you a promo code to get the ad-free Pro version of the app (for iOS) or the in-App purchase (Android) for free.


Options Quick Reply: RE: Lakers Topbuzz iOS + Android Apps for Laker News Released!
register
You are an anonymous user- or .
Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
Notify me when a reply is posted
Don't Check Spelling
Note: Twitter & Youtube BBCODE Tags are no longer necessary. The system will automatically convert links to tweets & youtube videos.
   
 
Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home
Post new topic   Reply to topic
register
You are an anonymous user- Register now or Log in Now!


Add our Los Angeles Lakers Blog RSS Feed, the Lakers Rumors RSS Feed, the Lakers News RSS feed, and the Lakers Forum RSS feed to get the latest Laker News and Rumors and Lakers Game info in your RSS/XML reader!