Rumor: DLoading Kicking It with Kendall Jenner? SayItAintSo!

Lakers Forum » Lakers Rumors
Author Search This Topic:
 
trialsNtribulations
votes: 9
Laker GM
Posts: 3272

Ok. Just found this so take the "rumor" with a grain of salt. But in the event, it's true, expect some major distraction down the line for our new rookie. Like he really needs anymore!!!

http://www.inquisitr.com/2524506/is-ken ... edium=Feed

userpete1037
votes: 18
LNS HOF Platinum
Posts: 20264
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif

This is a young guy living in Hollywood his 1st year. As long as he has a good support system, he will be fine but again, he is a young and living in Hollywood at the age of 19. It's a good thing has Clarkson and Randle to grow with along with the vets to mentor them.

GhostNugget
votes: 18
Laker GM
Posts: 4087
Location: Yorba Linda, CA

At least Kendall seems to have her head on straighter than Kylie. Also, seems to be more of the professional one.

shmeeze
votes: 4
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1103

aq.gif

Please don't let this be true. Dlow, there are far too many sweet honeys out there.

steven18
votes: 11
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1746

us.gif

No offense but how is this basketball news?

markiemarks
votes: 7
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 966

steven18 wrote:
No offense but how is this basketball news?

Look no further than Lamar Odom and kloe. Relationships, especially with the K Klan sometimes get in the way of basketball and life in general.

TimmyDoe
votes: 22
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1580

Kardashians seem to have this thing for Laker lefties

sevankb24
votes: 18
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 5168

Kendall is the normal one out of the family. Nothing to worry about here.

MrKFC
votes: 5
Laker GM
Posts: 2733
Location: Orange County
calif.gif

Man... this dude needs to focus on basketball and get better at playing in the NBA rather than hanging out with a Jenner or a Kardasian. Or the fans will route against him and demand a trade! He needs to dloading in basketball and nothing else! Rookie!

AyeDGAF
votes: 7
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 6060
Location: Northridge, Los Angeles
rp.gif

TimmyDoe wrote:
Kardashians seem to have this thing for Laker lefties

any NBA lefties, khloe is dating James Harden lol

sevankb24
votes: 18
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 5168

Quote:
Man... this dude needs to focus on basketball and get better at playing in the NBA rather than hanging out with a Jenner or a Kardasian. Or the fans will route against him and demand a trade! He needs to dloading in basketball and nothing else! Rookie!

I wonder why people think NBA players don't work on their game as much as they could. We never worry about Clarkson working on his game because we've seen photos and videos of him working in the gym. Maybe Russell isn't the type to always put his information out there. These guys are not robots. Upshaw in one of the backstage Lakers episodes mentioned how he always sees Russell in the practice facility working on his game. I don't mean during practice or training camp. I mean he goes at night when there isn't anybody there and he usually gets there first. The kid is 19. I bet Clarkson wasn't this effective at 19. He's 23. By age 23, I can see Russell being much better.

MrKFC
votes: 5
Laker GM
Posts: 2733
Location: Orange County
calif.gif

sevankb24 wrote:
I wonder why people think NBA players don't work on their game as much as they could. We never worry about Clarkson working on his game because we've seen photos and videos of him working in the gym. Maybe Russell isn't the type to always put his information out there. These guys are not robots. Upshaw in one of the backstage Lakers episodes mentioned how he always sees Russell in the practice facility working on his game. I don't mean during practice or training camp. I mean he goes at night when there isn't anybody there and he usually gets there first. The kid is 19. I bet Clarkson wasn't this effective at 19. He's 23. By age 23, I can see Russell being much better.

You don't get it.. just read my post again. Clarkson can do whatever he wants because he's producing on the court. But in the other hand, hearing Russell " dloading" hanging with a Jenner and not producing on the court thus far. He needs to dloading in basketball and or a basketball court more instead of a girl.

Tempy
votes: 51
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12890
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif

MrKFC wrote:
You don't get it.. just read my post again. Clarkson can do whatever he wants because he's producing on the court. But in the other hand, hearing Russell " dloading" hanging with a Jenner and not producing on the court thus far. He needs to dloading in basketball and or a basketball court more instead of a girl.

Yes because he is not entitled to a life.............

sevankb24
votes: 18
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 5168

Quote:
You don't get it.. just read my post again. Clarkson can do whatever he wants because he's producing on the court. But in the other hand, hearing Russell " dloading" hanging with a Jenner and not producing on the court thus far. He needs to dloading in basketball and or a basketball court more instead of a girl.

He is producing because he's 4 years older. Russell hasn't even played a quarter of the season. He's going to learn his spots.

MrKFC
votes: 5
Laker GM
Posts: 2733
Location: Orange County
calif.gif

Tempy wrote:
Yes because he is not entitled to a life.............

Anybody can be entitled to anything. Sure, ago ahead. He can have a life with a high profile distraction with TMZ Jenner. But if he does worst then he is showing now and not produce on the court for the Lakers and the fans. Most likely this season. Will you still support him dloading with a Jenner? Or say he needs to "dloading" on basketball?

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16773
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

MrKFC wrote:
You don't get it.. just read my post again. Clarkson can do whatever he wants because he's producing on the court. But in the other hand, hearing Russell " dloading" hanging with a Jenner and not producing on the court thus far. He needs to dloading in basketball and or a basketball court more instead of a girl.
lmao lmao Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_04 Mr. Green Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_01 Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_02

MrKFC
votes: 5
Laker GM
Posts: 2733
Location: Orange County
calif.gif

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
lmao lmao Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_04 Mr. Green Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_01 Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_02

He needs to dloading in basketball and or a basketball court more instead of a girl.

That was funny! That doesn't sound right. LOL lmao sign5

OCLakerfan8
votes: 20
Laker GM
Posts: 2896

Tempy wrote:
Yes because he is not entitled to a life.............

I'd argue he is not entitled to a life... especially during the NBA season. He signed a contract with the Lakers to play basketball at the NBA Level. IMO he isn't delivering. If I were his friend, If I were part of his family, I'd do whatever I can to put an end to this as fast as possible and make sure he focuses on basketball.

Tempy
votes: 51
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12890
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif

OCLakerfan8 wrote:
I'd argue he is not entitled to a life... especially during the NBA season. He signed a contract with the Lakers to play basketball at the NBA Level. IMO he isn't delivering. If I were his friend, If I were part of his family, I'd do whatever I can to put an end to this as fast as possible and make sure he focuses on basketball.

Ok, do you know if he is last into practice everyday? Do you know he doesn't do extra sessions working on his game? NO, you don't so saying this just makes you look like a fool.

OCLakerfan8
votes: 20
Laker GM
Posts: 2896

Tempy wrote:
Ok, do you know if he is last into practice everyday? Do you know he doesn't do extra sessions working on his game? NO, you don't so saying this just makes you look like a fool.

Funny I don't feel like a fool. But let me ask you something... Do YOU know if he is last into practice everyday? Do YOU know he doesn't do extra sessions working on his game? You don't know either. You just can't deny his performance thus far has been underwhelming. I'm gonna be patient with him, we all need to be. But bottom line is he hasn't delivered. The kid needs to do better.

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16773
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

I would advise Russell to stay away from all distractions as much as possible. He needs to focus on his game and reassure/silence his doubters and critics (I'm one of them).

Tempy
votes: 51
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12890
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif
OCLakerfan8 wrote:
Funny I don't feel like a fool. But let me ask you something... Do YOU know if he is last into practice everyday? Do YOU know he doesn't do extra sessions working on his game? You don't know either. You just can't deny his performance thus far has been underwhelming. I'm gonna be patient with him, we all need to be. But bottom line is he hasn't delivered. The kid needs to do better.
Quote:
But Scott liked Russell's response to a talk he had with the former Ohio State point guard last weekend. He wanted Russell to work harder....

Lakers_4_Lyfe_BayBay
votes: 40
LNS HOF Bronze

Posts: 5322

us.gif

Tempy wrote:
http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/la-sp-lakers-report-201510 29-story.html

So yeah he has worked at least 1 extra session. Yes he has not lit the world on fire, but I don't expect him to. I don't expect him to contribute much if anything this first season. I have realistic expectations.

I am with you Tempy. People can call him a bust all they want, but I think its ridiculously premature.

I realistically knew it would take Russell a little while to get acclimated to the NBA and don't have unrealistic expectations.

Two games into a season and people are already giving up on him, pretty sad.

Skyeword
votes: 68
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 7527
Location: Atlanta
us.gif

This same may be true for Byron 'for whatever reason' Scott, who recently got divorced and is dating some Double D debutante all the while saying to the media:

"We just sucked, Scott said of his team's defense. Simple as that.

Defense is obviously a big concern," Scott said. "Transition defense and lack of effort, also.

We just didn't come with a focus tonight for whatever reason at the start of the game."

Does Scott have any answers as to why his defense failed again?

"I don't. I wish I did," he said. "If I did, I would solve it."

Of course everyone is entitled to a life but in an entertainment venue where your clients pay big bucks to see you perform, if your performance off the court interferes with your performance on the court, then one aspect or both will suffer and refocusing is required.

Skyeword
votes: 68
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 7527
Location: Atlanta
us.gif

Lakers_4_Lyfe_BayBay wrote:
I am with you Tempy. People can call him a bust all they want, but I think its ridiculously premature.

I realistically knew it would take Russell a little while to get acclimated to the NBA and don't have unrealistic expectations.

Two games into a season and people are already giving up on him, pretty sad.

I don't think people are giving up on him but the problem is that even when a great player is playing poorly, you can easily see the potential and effort as well the attitude shines through. With D Russell, all of these things are saying that he's not translating well to the NBA style and pace. IMO, his success at Ohio State was his ability to control the pace of the game and be deliberate in his actions. The NBA does not afford this to virtually anyone with the exception of the Kobe Bryant's.

D Russell, and I blame Byron a great deal for this, is lost on the court and I feel there's a psychology to this. If you are the captain of the ship, it's your own ideas and impulses that inform your actions. He has surrendered that to Byron and his ill defined 'role' so he's thinking too much about 'what am I supposed to do' rather than just doing it, and the result is that it's rendering him a bystander of the game on both offense and defense, especially when the ball is not in his hands.

He's a very good shooter and an incredible passer and both the offense and his teammates are not enabling him to demonstrate either. This lame offense results in broken plays nearly every possession, and I think Byron secretly wants this to encourage isos, therefore players are not moving fluidly without the ball. The only possessions where D Russell is scoring is BEFORE the offense sets if he can find a gap on a fast break with only a few exceptions. Byron does not have a clue and in my post directly above, he admits this to the media.

AChad92
votes: 13
Laker GM
Posts: 4777

As long as he keeps it real on the court. I don't care for his personal life.

markiemarks
votes: 7
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 966

Hmmm......

The web site Media Take Out says it has confirmed that Lakers rookie D'Angelo Russell is dating Kendall Jenner, a half-sister of the Kardashians. According to the "report," the purported couple met this summer but only "recently started dating." Kendall Jenner has apparently sat court-side for two Lakers games already this season, which is something that wouldn't necessarily be out of the ordinary in and of itself. Whether the report is accurate or not, our advice would be for athletes (and everyone, for that matter) to stay as far away from the emasculating Kardashian reality show as humanly possible.

http://thebiglead.com/2015/11/02/dangel ... s-tabloid/

bornandraisedLA
votes: 2
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 568
Location: bornandraisedla
us.gif

this is bad news. he's already struggling with the pressures of being in the bright light of LA. having a distraction like the kardashians and being on their stupid show will do him no favor. no great ball player has ever invested their time (atleast in the beginning of their career) to media drama. seriously not what i wanted to see from our second round pick. KAT and Porzingas look like the only worthy, driven rookies out of the top 5. It's early and i have a ton of faith in d'angelo but this is sad news.

IhatetheCeltics
votes: 51
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8155

I don't see anything wrong with this so long as basketball is his #1 priority, like it seems to be. Everything I have heard from the beat writers says that the guy has a very good work ethic, and is always working. In fact, Russell said today that Byron told him to cut back on his work after practice, at shootaround, and before the game. There is absolutely nothing wrong with living a little, I mean the guy is 19. And he seems much more mature than the 19 year old guys that I know.

Axle
votes: 71
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 15010
Location: Axle

I think it is a big mistake going around with a Jenner or Kardashian. Kim destroyed a center, Khloe and Lamar????? and now she has another fool from the Rocket team. Bruce was so confused with the old lady, he decided to turn into a women. Geez! Russell can do much better then to hang around that type of people that are just interested on the mighty dollar.

Right now I would agree with the posters that claim Russell should concentrate on his basketball career. But I also realize that the wrong head is taking over his actions. LOL

sevankb24
votes: 18
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 5168

Rusell isn't with Kendall. One photograph of them talking doesn't mean anything.

Apollon
votes: 14
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 783
Location: San Diego, CA

I wonder how does Russell feel about having 2 mothers in law? And I wonder if Kendall calls her dad "mom" now?...

Lakers4Lyfe
votes: 3
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 769
Location: Lakeland, FL

Even if he is with Kylie, I don't see anything wrong with it. Let people be with who they want to be with. Women are going to be a distraction that he's going to have to learn how to manage regardless.


Options Quick Reply: RE: Rumor: DLoading Kicking It with Kendall Jenner? SayItAintSo!
register
You are an anonymous user- or .
Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
Notify me when a reply is posted
Don't Check Spelling
Note: Twitter & Youtube BBCODE Tags are no longer necessary. The system will automatically convert links to tweets & youtube videos.
   


   
   
register
You are an anonymous user- Register now or Log in Now!