New Feature: Quoted Posts E-Mail Notification

Lakers Forum » Lakers Topbuzz Announcements
Author Search This Topic:
 
Dave
votes: 45
Site Admin
Posts: 5378

us.gif

Hey gang I just added a new functionality where you can get an e-mail if somebody quoted your post. To enable this new feature, simply go to your Edit Profile options page:

http://lakers.newssurge.com/PNphpBB2-pr ... ofile.html

Then select YES for the Quoted Post Notification feature. See the screenshot:

I tested it and it seems to work, but if you notice any problems with this new feature please let me know!

Dave

LALayup
votes: 125
LNS HOF Silver

Posts: 13693
Location: RRTX

Nice idea Dave.

Looking forward to an interesting season here!

Dave
votes: 45
Site Admin
Posts: 5378

us.gif

^^Thanks Dan- I have feeling it will be an exciting one, at least more so than the past few seasons.

Shaq
votes: 25
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 887

nice Dave, I also checked that the login tab has been updated and it is really cool!

I am looking forward to the "guess the score" and "guess the record" games for this LTB season!

Dave
votes: 45
Site Admin
Posts: 5378

us.gif

^^Thanks Shaq- yeah that new login screen is more user-friendly for using the site on the phone, glad you noticed! Guess the Score game is going to be exciting- I'm going to try to start it with the first Laker pre-season game.

Dave
votes: 45
Site Admin
Posts: 5378

us.gif

Hey guys- FYI I've put in a mod that will prevent a user from being notified if someone on his ignore list replies to his post. I tested it and it seemed to work- if it doesn't please let know- thanks!

Apollon
votes: 14
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 783
Location: San Diego, CA

Dave there is still some bugs to iron-out in the mod - I am now getting 3 email notifications for each quote of my post by the same user. Already happened a couple of times - 3 emails for first occasion, and 3 more for another instance of quoting different post of mine.

Dave
votes: 45
Site Admin
Posts: 5378

us.gif

Apollon wrote:
Dave there is still some bugs to iron-out in the mod - I am now getting 3 email notifications for each quote of my post by the same user. Already happened a couple of times - 3 emails for first occasion, and 3 more for another instance of quoting different post of mine.

I think I found what was causing that just fixed it- if it does happen again can you double check and sure the user is indeed on your ignore list- thanks.

Apollon
votes: 14
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 783
Location: San Diego, CA

Dave wrote:
I think I found what was causing that just fixed it- if it does happen again can you double check and sure the user is indeed on your ignore list- thanks.

I'm afraid there has been misunderstanding. I didn't mean tripple notifications arrive about ignored users' quotes - they are just regular users, who are not on the ignore list. I only got 2 guys on ignore list, and neither of them has quoted any of my posts, since you implemented the mod, so I can't even tell you right now if the mod works.

Tempy
votes: 51
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12908
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif

Apollon wrote:
I'm afraid there has been misunderstanding. I didn't mean tripple notifications arrive about ignored users' quotes - they are just regular users, who are not on the ignore list. I only got 2 guys on ignore list, and neither of them has quoted any of my posts, since you implemented the mod, so I can't even tell you right now if the mod works.

Then you need to turn off the email feature in your preferences on this site

Dave
votes: 45
Site Admin
Posts: 5378

us.gif

Apollon wrote:
I'm afraid there has been misunderstanding. I didn't mean tripple notifications arrive about ignored users' quotes - they are just regular users, who are not on the ignore list. I only got 2 guys on ignore list, and neither of them has quoted any of my posts, since you implemented the mod, so I can't even tell you right now if the mod works.

Okay yeah I had tested it and it worked for me, so I'm sure if you don't see anything from your ignored users in the future that would mean it is working. The multiple notifications for the same post- yeah that was the thing I just discovered. What happened was that when posters edited their post the quoted person was notified again, so now I'm making sure that it is only doing it on a new post submission and won't do it for someone editing their post.


Options Quick Reply: RE: New Feature: Quoted Posts E-Mail Notification
register
You are an anonymous user- or .
Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
Notify me when a reply is posted
Don't Check Spelling
Note: Twitter & Youtube BBCODE Tags are no longer necessary. The system will automatically convert links to tweets & youtube videos.
   


   
   
register
You are an anonymous user- Register now or Log in Now!