2016 NBA Salary Set To $88-92 Million Per Team (P. 2)

Lakers News Surge Forum/Message Board » Lakers Multimedia
Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Search This Topic:
 
Tempy
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12801
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif
votes: 51

Skyeword wrote:
Plutocracy is refined Capitalism. Fascism is Corporate-Government partnering. This is what we are.

Not going to argue politics on a basketball site but your wrong. Your view of what Fascism is, is evidently completely different compared to what mine is.


Skyeword
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 7525
Location: Atlanta
us.gif
votes: 68
This is a lifelong topic of study and I am in no way shape of form wrong. My comment alluding to the illusion of Democracy and Capitalism being the basis of an inaccurate history and false patriotism that most have adopted as true and are willing to fight and die for is the most obvious evidence. These are beliefs and not facts. I promise that I would not bother making a statement that I can not substantially validate. Start with the research of Walter Burian and his discovery in the mid 90's as I recall of the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) and the fact that 67% of all taxes since 1946 (approximately) have been redirected into the hands of private interests and/or out of the country, by and to the 'Owners' of the 'country', and you might start to question 'the system' too. I have no interest to argue either because no argument is required. You asked the question and did not like the answer. On paper, every state and the nation itself, as well every bureau and institution like the police for example, are also corporations because laws (Maritime Law of the Sea) can be applied that cannot be applied to a bona fide person in the jurisdiction of (Common Law - Law of the Land). Your name in CAPITAL LETTERS is a corporation foisted upon your birth certificate and signed into law by unwitting parents! This scam remains well hidden and tens of millions now are onto it. The degree of saturation is frightening though counter measures are once and for all literally in place including the pending Constitutional Convention. Do not rely upon the news, other than RT News, to tell you a-n-y-t-h-i-n-g. The....


Shepherd
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 11041

ez.gif
votes: 55

Skyeword wrote:
Plutocracy is refined Capitalism. Fascism is Corporate-Government partnering. This is what we are.

I don't deny the US skirts closer to fascism than it's opposite. However not sure I'd simplify it as corporate governance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fascism

The US takes it's political leanings where it can get them. Borrowing from a number of ideologies IMO, taking whichever benefits it at the time most. While never purporting to be one or the other, than it's self proclaimed Capitalist democracy. Which is most certainly is not. It seems to prefer a very 'non-committal" association to avoid ever being accused of anything other than what it purports to be, even if that position is false. It is nonetheless that which pple are used to hearing them beating the drum over and have accepted as true, by drinking the proverbial kool-aid. I'd call it an amalgam of ideas, certainly influenced by coporatocracy and fascism in turns. IMO it's a hodge-podge and as such is highly ineffective at anything. The only reason the country is still a power is it has the 3rd largest population per country in the world and is the most benign superpower, at least according to western ideals and pple's preferences. In fact from a global pov that's not true either.


Skyeword
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 7525
Location: Atlanta
us.gif
votes: 68

Shepherd wrote:
I don't deny the US skirts closer to fascism than it's opposite. However not sure I'd simplify it as corporate governance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fascism

The US takes it's political leanings where it can get them. Borrowing from a number of ideologies IMO, taking whichever benefits it at the time most. While never purporting to be one or the other, than it's self proclaimed Capitalist democracy. Which is most certainly is not. It seems to prefer a very 'non-committal" association to avoid ever being accused of anything other than what it purports to be, even if that position is false. It is nonetheless that which pple are used to hearing them beating the drum over and have accepted as true, by drinking the proverbial kool-aid. I'd call it an amalgam of ideas, certainly influenced by coporatocracy and fascism in turns. IMO it's a hodge-podge and as such is highly ineffective at anything. The only reason the country is still a power is it has the 3rd largest population per country in the world and is the most benign superpower, at least according to western ideals and pple's preferences. In fact from a global pov that's not true either.

I'm not looking for a formal definition. I am observing the means and methods. The last decade includes a shift of wealth to the private wealthy of astronomical proportions abut a great deal of that wealth of not real per se and exists as fractional investments etc.m merely on paper. A documentary is coming out in the UK called the Great British Mortgage swindle based on a recent victory in court providing that all mortgages are fraud. Let's start with that practice and expos�. Bitcoin 2 has burst on the scenes....and folks are generally paying attention now. I see it as a nowhere to run nowhere to hide scenario which Brzrzinsky touted in a recent CFR meeting. Centralized power will soon experience radical dissemination. Simply take note who opposes and that will be the answer.


Shepherd
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 11041

ez.gif
votes: 55

Skyeword wrote:
I'm not looking for a formal definition. I am observing the means and methods. The last decade includes a shift of wealth to the private wealthy of astronomical proportions abut a great deal of that wealth of not real per se and exists as fractional investments etc.m merely on paper. A documentary is coming out in the UK called the Great British Mortgage swindle based on a recent victory in court providing that all mortgages are fraud. Let's start with that practice and expos�. Bitcoin 2 has burst on the scenes....and folks are generally paying attention now. I see it as a nowhere to run nowhere to hide scenario which Brzrzinsky touted in a recent CFR meeting. Centralized power will soon experience radical dissemination. Simply take note who opposes and that will be the answer.

If so interesting times lay ahead. It's certainly true that there is a crack in this cosmic egg. The megalithic corps are losing their grip to some extent with Uber and airbnb and what not taking a bite and showing that pple are willing to take matters into their own hands, and with the www are capable of doing so. Certainly there is a new paradigm emerging. However with the centralization of power and wealth, hard to say what real impact that will have. Other than seeing the leaders pretending to understand a new era is dawning. They still hold all the cards. After after the biggest cash swindle in history, someone is sitting on trillions. Not to mention most of the US gold reserve.

This guy's pov is interesting...certainly backing up the plutocracy idea...

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/ ... QZqmEaW7z0


Shepherd
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 11041

ez.gif
votes: 55

Has the salary cap every been $90mill? Or is that a new high? Ironically following a new low (within the modern era anyways). Talk about a yo-yo effect.


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8544

us.gif
votes: 22

What are you talking about "a new low"?


Shepherd
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 11041

ez.gif
votes: 55

JJCali wrote:
What are you talking about "a new low"?

Meaning the current low level of cap. A big falloff from the previous cba...


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8544

us.gif
votes: 22

The salary cap has gone up almost every year. I'm not quite following what you're trying to say.


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8544

us.gif
votes: 22

It's higher than the last CBA. By quite a bit.


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8544

us.gif
votes: 22

To answer your question. No, it has never been $90 million. The highest it's ever been is $63 million, which is what it is currently at. So quite a huge jump in 2 years.


Shepherd
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 11041

ez.gif
votes: 55

JJCali wrote:
To answer your question. No, it has never been $90 million. The highest it's ever been is $63 million, which is what it is currently at. So quite a huge jump in 2 years.

That's what I'm saying. Inflated contracts etc again. As in the last CBA era.


Luke...
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1987

us.gif
votes: 12

The league is doing well, so the players are all going to make more money... good for them. It is a "players league".

(Meanwhile, I haven't had a raise since 2008.. .but I'm not bitter, no NOT AT ALL... heh heh, sigh, lol)


Skyeword
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 7525
Location: Atlanta
us.gif
votes: 68

Shepherd wrote:
I don't deny the US skirts closer to fascism than it's opposite. However not sure I'd simplify it as corporate governance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fascism

The US takes it's political leanings where it can get them. Borrowing from a number of ideologies IMO, taking whichever benefits it at the time most. While never purporting to be one or the other, than it's self proclaimed Capitalist democracy. Which is most certainly is not. It seems to prefer a very 'non-committal" association to avoid ever being accused of anything other than what it purports to be, even if that position is false. It is nonetheless that which pple are used to hearing them beating the drum over and have accepted as true, by drinking the proverbial kool-aid. I'd call it an amalgam of ideas, certainly influenced by coporatocracy and fascism in turns. IMO it's a hodge-podge and as such is highly ineffective at anything. The only reason the country is still a power is it has the 3rd largest population per country in the world and is the most benign superpower, at least according to western ideals and pple's preferences. In fact from a global pov that's not true either.

John Oliver presents the basketball version of this story...


Shepherd
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 11041

ez.gif
votes: 55

Skyeword wrote:
John Oliver presents the basketball version of this story...

Yeah...classic stuff...


Options Quick Reply: RE: 2016 NBA Salary Set To $88-92 Million Per Team
register
You are an anonymous user- or .
Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
Notify me when a reply is posted
Don't Check Spelling
Note: Twitter & Youtube BBCODE Tags are no longer necessary. The system will automatically convert links to tweets & youtube videos.
   
 
Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home
Post new topic   Reply to topic
register
You are an anonymous user- Register now or Log in Now!


Add our Los Angeles Lakers Blog RSS Feed, the Lakers Rumors RSS Feed, the Lakers News RSS feed, and the Lakers Forum RSS feed to get the latest Laker News and Rumors and Lakers Game info in your RSS/XML reader!