Kobe Bryant's Offseason Agenda & Mock Conversations (P. 2)

Lakers News Surge Forum/Message Board » Lakers Blogs
Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Search This Topic:
 
gemfow
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12402
Location: Maryland
us.gif
votes: 181
Loganharris23: I'm actually shocked your username isn't Loganharris24, lol. Was the post ignorant because you were a little bothered by it being about Kobe or because you thought it was unrealistic? Of course the conversations were unrealistic. I was having a little fun. If it wasn't funny to you that's fine we all have our opinions. I actually laughed at your post because my post seem to get you at your core. I'm sure the intent of your post was to be serious but I enjoyed the laugh. Do you honestly believe that Kobe doesn't want input or notification from the FO in regards to coaching, players and whatever else? The problem with Kobe going to the media so often is he gets quoted and you can see he's said one thing and then later on after another quote you realize he was full of it. Dave: thanks for the rep. I was having some fun after a very tough season. Kerby720: thanks. Like yourself I have been a big Kobe fan for ages but the light has dimmed over the last few years. The light hasn't dimmed for me because he isn't the player he once was but because of the leader he isn't. He likes to put it out there that this is his team, he's the alpha male and so on. That's fine but let's see some great leadership qualities like being at home games and helping these young guys out. How about showing the fans that yes you play for the Lakers but you're a Laker fan as well and you'll be at the games cheering this team on. I can somewhat tolerate that from Steve Nash but Kobe Bryant....


kerby720
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 2124
votes: 12

IhatetheCeltics wrote:
It was pretty sad how he jetted off to France before the regular season even ended. Tweeting crap about how bad this season has been. Dude they just committed 48 million to you, and you can't even stick around a little bit? Can't even go out and thank the fans (who by the way, got you that 48 million contract) in the final home game of the season, instead sending Swaggy P out there? smh. You're supposed to be the leader, and that's how you do your team? The guy is an incredible player, but his character is really in question. Really wouldn't expect anything less from the guy tho. roll

Great point! How could he just leave his team to go do whatever it is in Europe. We get it you're injured, but at least show that you're there for your team. I don't care if it was you and your wife's anniversary. I mean if you don't want to be there for the fans, then fine. If you don't want to be there cause the team sucks, then ok fine. However, it most likely was the last game that your hermano Pau played in a Laker uniform and you couldn't be there for him!?

I mean he still is a great player, though not as great as he once was, but I can't say that I really thought of him as a great leader. Unless you count those times where he treated his teammates with vitriol. I don't know, I just feel like true leaders could always make their teammates better. I just don't see that in Kobe IMO.


dub4twenty
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1194

calif.gif
votes: 7

^ it wasn't just " whatever" in Europe he said it was a "quick" trip to get his knees injected (Germany thing) and it was kind of like a little side vacation with his family. Who cares. But yes him not being on the sideline for the games I can see why that would be frowned upon. Even though he says he's in the back getting treatment* he could do it before or after and be out there for the fans. I agree.


Aone
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 101
votes: 2

gemfow wrote:
[sub]

Is it as unbelievable as a person who had to somehow read a simple thing multiple times and then say they wanted their three minutes back? Not only did you waste your time reading it once but then wasted it again reading it multiple times because they couldn't grasp the concept of it.

just because i didn't find it funny, doesn't mean i didn't grasp the concept of it. i found it very dry at the very least. don't be offended that i didn't get a kick out of your fanfic. its misleading when i thought i was going to read something of worth then only to realize its a sad attempt at humor. its even sadder that a moderator of this site is petty enough to attack individuals who don't agree with what they write. just my two cents.


lakerdudeinindy
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1429
votes: 15

No worries on the response Gem. It had me laughing once I read it. Some people on here do take stuff WAY to seriously though. I was a big fan of Magic and the guys on my basketball team made fun of him and I took it in stride. I didn't like it, but after awhile I laughed too, because Magic was who he is. But with Kobe, some fans act as if you held there child at gunpoint and spit on there mom at the same time.

We all should know that you were clowning, (even though I can see Kobe doing 90 percent of what you wrote) and to be so butt hurt about it is funny. I guess this is why I come to this site. To get a laugh and to experience different opinions about the team, not the hive like mentality that slowly tends to creep on here.


Shaq
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 887
votes: 25

gemfow wrote:

Shaq: you make a great point. This came after a year that Kobe missed the whole season and we won 27 games. Kobe helped us to 45 wins last season with a team with more talent. So in essence Kobe's absence kind of cost us 18 games. I'm sure you believed Kobe being on this team would have certainly catapulted this team to at least the fifth seed. I just don't believe that

Actually I found it kind of funny and I lauged, but I think it was a bad timing for a "Kobe the dictator" type of post!

Why didn't the team do better since Kent could do his drives, Young could play his game, Hill need not only rebound etc and generally everybody did his thing that Kobe the arrogant selfish would not let them do?


zone4mark
NewsSurge Newbie
Posts: 28
votes: 0

AS long as he gets back healthy I'm good


gemfow
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12402
Location: Maryland
us.gif
votes: 181

Aone wrote:
just because i didn't find it funny, doesn't mean i didn't grasp the concept of it. i found it very dry at the very least. don't be offended that i didn't get a kick out of your fanfic. its misleading when i thought i was going to read something of worth then only to realize its a sad attempt at humor. its even sadder that a moderator of this site is petty enough to attack individuals who don't agree with what they write. just my two cents.

Lol, I'm fine with some people not feeling it was funny. You said you wanted your 3 minutes back after reading a weird post. So, you can make an attempt at humor which was in response to my attempt at humor and I can't respond? Okay, I'm a moderator so if you stop talking about my post I'll get you back on track and talking about it again. Deal?


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8544

us.gif
votes: 22

Glad you changed the title for those that were disappointed because they thought they were getting something insightful. I knew by the first sentence it was meant as a joke, however.


gemfow
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12402
Location: Maryland
us.gif
votes: 181

Shaq wrote:
Actually I found it kind of funny and I lauged, but I think it was a bad timing for a "Kobe the dictator" type of post!

Why didn't the team do better since Kent could do his drives, Young could play his game, Hill need not only rebound etc and generally everybody did his thing that Kobe the arrogant selfish would not let them do?

Lol, it's just me having fun. It's not to be taken too serious. Do I feel Kobe is somewhat of an autocrat? Yeah I do but my post was moreabout his playing style and how guys will fit in with it. Bazemore handling the ball won't really be needed because Kobe will have it which keeps Bazemore on the outside spotting up. Hill's hair has become ridiculous, that was all me on that one, lol. Young just got through tweeting he's the best sg in the game on a team with Kobe on it. Do you really think Kobe won't make Young pay for that tweet in practice? Kobe will make Young's life miserable if they're on opposite teams in practice. It's just Kobe's makeup. I've played with a couple of people who have tried out for the Lakers and they've shared some very interesting/entertaining stories about Shaq and Kobe. Stories that I'm sure I'll never forget in regards to how this guy thinks.


gemfow
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12402
Location: Maryland
us.gif
votes: 181

JJCali wrote:
Glad you changed the title for those that were disappointed because they thought they were getting something insightful. I knew by the first sentence it was meant as a joke, however.

Yeah, it was good that Dave changed the title because I think a few people were feeling duped which wasn't my intent at all.


Shaq
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 887
votes: 25

gemfow wrote:
Lol, it's just me having fun. It's not to be taken too serious. Do I feel Kobe is somewhat of an autocrat? Yeah I do but my post was moreabout his playing style and how guys will fit in with it. Bazemore handling the ball won't really be needed because Kobe will have it which keeps Bazemore on the outside spotting up. Hill's hair has become ridiculous, that was all me on that one, lol. Young just got through tweeting he's the best sg in the game on a team with Kobe on it. Do you really think Kobe won't make Young pay for that tweet in practice? Kobe will make Young's life miserable if they're on opposite teams in practice. It's just Kobe's makeup. I've played with a couple of people who have tried out for the Lakers and they've shared some very interesting/entertaining stories about Shaq and Kobe. Stories that I'm sure I'll never forget in regards to how this guy thinks.

I see, and apologies if my post was a bit ironic. I'd really like you to share some of these stories here btw!


Skyeword
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 7525
Location: Atlanta
us.gif
votes: 68

Looking forward to part two Gem. Still a bench full of players that did not get their due. Even a Kaman can do it... Nyuk nyuk nyuk...

The really funny part to me was your scolding of the 'diss mob' who seem to have adopted a new member. You just got done tellin' me about my antics the other day and half of the same crew shows up here and does the same thing to you and you launched a verbal scud in their general direction. LOL Blammo! This has nothing to do with a bad season other than a little boredom and no playoffs, it's just a pack of respect challenged wolves with little of anything positive to say.

I think Dave ought to add an LTB Octagon category with no bad-word filter. One you reach three negatives you get auto-redirected there where others can say whatever they wish and you can't leave or reply for three days. Some people would ban themselves.

Nyuk is now an official LTB word. Use it carefully.


Skyeword
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 7525
Location: Atlanta
us.gif
votes: 68

I think Swaggy meant best shooting guard as in a guard that shoots a lot, generally more than others while often forgetting to pass or play defense. He really grew on me this year despite his focus and I hope he stays a Laker.


LakersBlood
NewsSurge Newbie
Posts: 3
votes: 0

Mike D'antoni will be let go once the playoffs are over with. Overall he is a good coach but not for the LAKERS! It was a bad hire from the beginning. I say the best case scenario for the organization is to hire Byron Scott as head coach. He should hire Nate McMillan as his assistant coach than hire Derek Fisher as a special assistant coach. Second best scenario is hire Jeff Van Gundy as head coach. He should hire Stan Van Gundy as his assistant coach and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar as a special assistant coach. The organization DO NOT NEED a college coach with maybe the exception of coach K......point blank period!! Resign Pau Gasol and give that man an apology with there unappreciative f*ck*** self!!!! Resign Nick Young, Jordan Hill, Kendall Marshall, Kent Barrymore and Chris Kaman. I hope we end up in the top 4 so we have a shot at drafting Dante Exum or Joel Embiid. The only two players out of the draft worthy of rocking the purple & gold but preferably Dante Exum. We lose out on either one I say forget the B.S and flip the pick and throw in whatever for Kevin Love. No need to wait another year when we could get him now. Its worth a shot but go after Lebron when the fail to three-peat. They should stay away from Carmelo Anthony. We could've flip Andrew Bynum for Carmelo Anthony about 3 years ago but didn't so let it be.


SourceCode
Laker GM
 Avatar
Posts: 3714
votes: 26

IhatetheCeltics wrote:
Yes, really. The guy is a great player, one of the greatest of all time, but he's not the greatest person. Imagine if LeBron had done this, he would've been ridiculed to all ends. But for some reason because it's Kobe, it's not seen as a big deal.

this is not true, everything with kobe is a big deal: the smallest, most ridiculous things to the actual big things. people make a big deal out of everything involving kobe. kobe is one if not the most hated superstar in the nba EVER, because he gets full blown hate from his own fans, you would think they were fans of other teams. lebron does not get that. no other superstar gets that. but you say, if this was lebron smh people in the outside might hype it up because he's the poster child of the nba right now, but his fans wouldn't, 99.9% would defend him and that's not the same with kobe.

Lebron = Good Guy

Kobe = Villain

kobe's the cause of all what's wrong, lebron could do no wrong. <-- yes, that is over exaggerated, so no use in anybody pointing out the scrutiny lebron gets, to debate the notion because it doesn't equate to kobe's in the grand scheme of things, not even a little bit.


Skyeword
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 7525
Location: Atlanta
us.gif
votes: 68
LB, I agree with all of your points except for Pau and D'Antoni. You cannot be a complete coach at any level and essentially forego the value of defense. A fast-break philosophy is not a basketball philosophy. Imagine if Kareem became and head coach and mandated a half court offense devised to maximize sky-hook opportunities. Maybe not a great example but you get the point. This is the reason MD never won a championship. Re Pau, I have shared my strong dislike for him as a Bball player also because of his lack of defense. You would think he and D'Antoni would be soul mates given the love they share for hating defense and Pau's confusion that he might just be a very tall shooting guard. I have the feeling that Pau has a blood issue given his lethargy for several years now and his recent bout with vertigo. On the other hand, his injuries seem to correspond with perfect synchronization with trade scenarios that include himself. Sourcecode re Kobe, all great players attract and request a lot of attention so the question you have to ask is what has Kobe done to warrant the volumes of negative press he additionally receives? Despite his greatness on the court, he's ravenously selfish but he's very skilled at planning his attack and covering his tracks so even his greatest fans will generally agree that he gets away with some questionable activity on and of the court. Secondly, he does not make his teammates better. There is this na�ve idea that playing with Kobe will help you to learn the sport and maybe his approach will rub off on a player. No it won't. You will observe hard work! You will....


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8544

us.gif
votes: 22

Great post, Sourcecode! It gets ridiculous.


gemfow
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12402
Location: Maryland
us.gif
votes: 181

Shaq wrote:
I see, and apologies if my post was a bit ironic. I'd really like you to share some of these stories here btw!

I'd be more inclined to share certain stories in a pm as opposed to a post because some of the stuff really shouldn't be put for all to see. I thought about it at one point in time then decided against it. This one guy explained the triangle and how it suppose to work and from my own reading up on it I knew that the Lakers never really ran it correctly and believe it or not Gasol and Kobe were the biggest culprits.


gemfow
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12402
Location: Maryland
us.gif
votes: 181

Sourcecode: I believe IhateTheceltics was referring to Laker fans ridiculing Lebron and he's correct. Laker fans would have ate Lebron up, mostly Kobe fans I guess I should correct myself on that one. Kobe has brought a lot of this stuff on himself and Nike even capitalized on it in a commercial, the love/hate commercial some years back. Kobe is one of the most polarizing figures in sports but let's not act as if the criticism is completely unfair. A lot of you guys may not like it because well, it's Black mamba and he's one of the greatest Lakers ever and one of the greatest NBA players ever.


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8544

us.gif
votes: 22

Kobe hasn't brought "most of it on himself"! The serious Kobe hating started back in like 2000. Before anyone had seen him do a single thing to hate on him for. He is the most polarizing NBA player. Even over LBJ. Lye has brought some of it on himself. But the majority of it is haters being haters. He's always been the most hated and most scrutinized NbA player.


LakerBloodNoDoubt
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 838
Location: Corona
us.gif
votes: 5

@gemfow

Lol reading this was extremely annoying yet undeniably comical.. Cold true humor. I think they call that satire? You really channeled the frustration of a Laker fan. I only disagree with how you had Kobe treat JChill. Not cool man. A Nash convo was desperately missing as well.[align=right]


lepcitylakers
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 819
votes: 2

that was a dumb post, hill is awesome and kobe would never do that. however the one good thing was the d'antoni one lol


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8544

us.gif
votes: 22

Then he calls up Melo and talks him into joining the Lakers. Then realizes that they haven't fired MDA yet and no free agents will join us.


WatchTheSkyFall24
LNS HOF Bronze
 Avatar
Posts: 6226

us.gif
votes: 22

All wrong, this is how it's actually gonna go:

Kobe: "So Mitch, Jimmy, who are we going after?"

Mitch: "Nobody."

Kobe: "So what are we doing?"

Jim: "Nothing."

That's it, welcome to the Lakers 2014 off-season...



Options Quick Reply: RE: Kobe Bryant's Offseason Agenda & Mock Conversations
register
You are an anonymous user- or .
Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
Notify me when a reply is posted
Don't Check Spelling
Note: Twitter & Youtube BBCODE Tags are no longer necessary. The system will automatically convert links to tweets & youtube videos.
   
  register
You are an anonymous user- or .'>
Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home
Post new topic   Reply to topic
register
You are an anonymous user- Register now or Log in Now!


Add our Los Angeles Lakers Blog RSS Feed, the Lakers Rumors RSS Feed, the Lakers News RSS feed, and the Lakers Forum RSS feed to get the latest Laker News and Rumors and Lakers Game info in your RSS/XML reader!