Team Tank 2018-19 “Lebron” edition (P. 117)

Lakers Forum » Lakers General Discussions
Author Search This Topic:
 
BaadMaster
votes: 98
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8627

Is Dirk available? Maybe coax Tim Duncan out of retirement? I bet Magic could sweet talk Manu into one more year. Then Kobe could join this team.

They might not win many games but they would be big box office which is what Jeannie cares about!

Tempy
votes: 51
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12910
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif

JJCali wrote:
Yaeh, totally disagree. If the nba didn’t turn to this positionless all star voting nonsense he would’ve been an all-star this year. Honestly, he’s probably the best PF in the West right now. I’d blame their losing on a lot of things before I got to Randle. Don’t know how Gentry is still the coach there. By the way, Randle followed up that measly 21 & 11 with 30 & 9. So 44 & 11, 21 & 11, and 30 & 9 seems like a pretty good 3 game stretch. But really he’s been doing this all year since they started playing him more than Mirotic. Sounds like a player we really could’ve used.

Then followed that up with 6 points and 3 rebounds. He just isn't consistent enough to be considered an all star. Solid player and improving every season thus far, in the future he could well be.

userpete1037
votes: 18
LNS HOF Platinum
Posts: 20322
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif

JJCali wrote:
Keep the coach.

Fire Magic Johnson.

Trade James.

Bring back Randle & Russell (lol).

They just need to add Sam Hinkie and get rid of Pelinka. Pelinka can go back to being an agent....lol.

FrankBecerra
votes: 2
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1584
Location: Staples Center

JJCali is right on the money. That last trade for Mike Mascala was just another bad move by Magic and Rob. The Clippers got one over on the Lakes but that’s going to happen again if those two are running the things. Is this the new version of showtime that Magic promised?

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16787
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

userpete1037 wrote:
They just need to add Sam Hinkie and get rid of Pelinka. Pelinka can go back to being an agent....lol.

They need him for the super tank. Lol. We need to slide further from the # 10 slot we find ourselves currently.

userpete1037
votes: 18
LNS HOF Platinum
Posts: 20322
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
They need him for the super tank. Lol. We need to slide further from the # 10 slot we find ourselves currently.

Lol...I'd hire both Hinkie and Griffin and let them work as a duo. Not sure if something like that has ever been done before....lol.

kkennon1
votes: 23
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14360
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif

Tempy wrote:
Then followed that up with 6 points and 3 rebounds. He just isn't consistent enough to be considered an all star. Solid player and improving every season thus far, in the future he could well be.

Funny how people never post those bad games. Lmao

JJCali
votes: 22
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8544

us.gif

Tempy wrote:
Then followed that up with 6 points and 3 rebounds. He just isn't consistent enough to be considered an all star. Solid player and improving every season thus far, in the future he could well be.

Consistent?!?! Ha! Funny how you pick his one bad game! A game he played 22 minutes in a blowout.

JJCali
votes: 22
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8544

us.gif

kkennon1 wrote:
Funny how people never post those bad games. Lmao

Funny how people (Tempy) want to pick the ONE bad game to make their point and claim inconsistency. And I didn’t know you wanted an update when Julius had a bad game, KK.

Ok so how far back should we go to see consistency. 10 games? 15 games? You 2 are a joke, making it sound like I’M THE ONE picking and choosing games to sound off on. He had one bad game and you act like it’s a normal thing for him. Smh.

Last 15 games scoring:

6 (the one game you point out) 30, 21, 45, 23, 23, 18, 23, 28, 22, 35, 19, 24, 15, 33

Looks like a model of F***ing consistency to me! Haha. Also, don’t make it sound like I ever claimed Randle was the greatest player ever and incapable of having a bad game. Everyone has bad games. Including Kobe & Jordan.

kkennon1
votes: 23
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14360
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif

JJCali wrote:
Funny how people (Tempy) want to pick the ONE bad game to make their point and claim inconsistency. And I didn’t know you wanted an update when Julius had a bad game, KK.

Ok so how far back should we go to see consistency. 10 games? 15 games? You 2 are a joke, making it sound like I’M THE ONE picking and choosing games to sound off on. He had one bad game and you act like it’s a normal thing for him. Smh.

Last 15 games scoring:

6 (the one game you point out) 30, 21, 45, 23, 23, 18, 23, 28, 22, 35, 19, 24, 15, 33

Looks like a model of F***ing consistency to me! Haha. Also, don’t make it sound like I ever claimed Randle was the greatest player ever and incapable of having a bad game. Everyone has bad games. Including Kobe & Jordan.

Wasn't talking about just you ,was talking in general, wasn't talking about just Randle either. People post every time Dlo puts up a great game, but never see the single digit games or the 5+ turnovers. You put last 15 games and ppg, but were is efficiency, showing how he was minus almost every time. Like I said, terrible on defense.

Never said you called him greatest ever, but you did say he's the best pf in west, he's not even best on his team. Imo

Having said all that, wish he was still on Lakers.

BaadMaster
votes: 98
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8627

Watching the NCAA and Zion, as I said earlier, looks very much like Randle in size and "near the basket" game. Maybe we can win the Lottery and get Zion, then let him go for nothing. Sounds like a plan.

JJCali
votes: 22
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8544

us.gif

kkennon1 wrote:
Wasn't talking about just you ,was talking in general, wasn't talking about just Randle either. People post every time Dlo puts up a great game, but never see the single digit games or the 5+ turnovers. You put last 15 games and ppg, but were is efficiency, showing how he was minus almost every time. Like I said, terrible on defense.

Never said you called him greatest ever, but you did say he's the best pf in west, he's not even best on his team. Imo

Having said all that, wish he was still on Lakers.

Fair enough. But I don’t count Davis as a PF anymore. And I know you’re not talking about anyone else. The power forward position is just weak in the nba right now. It’s more about the nba than Randle being great. I put the points cause Tempy called out his 6 point game and called him inconsistent. Again, not arguing he’s great.

JJCali
votes: 22
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8544

us.gif

BaadMaster wrote:
Watching the NCAA and Zion, as I said earlier, looks very much like Randle in size and "near the basket" game. Maybe we can win the Lottery and get Zion, then let him go for nothing. Sounds like a plan.
hahaha! That last part! 😂

FrankBecerra
votes: 2
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1584
Location: Staples Center

Some are hoping Magic and Rob get fired so the Lakes can correct the direction of the team. Magic promised this year was going to be full of surprises, big signings and it has been but not what I expected. For example, getting McGee was not the super star signing that I was expecting. The trade for Mike Macscula was also a head scratcher but Magic said it was a great deal and it was for the Clippers. Many are not getting that move and wondered if Magic and Rob are an improvement over Mitch and Jim.

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16787
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

FrankBecerra wrote:
Some are hoping Magic and Rob get fired so the Lakes can correct the direction of the team. Magic promised this year was going to be full of surprises, big signings and it has been but not what I expected. For example, getting McGee was not the super star signing that I was expecting. The trade for Mike Macscula was also a head scratcher but Magic said it was a great deal and it was for the Clippers. Many are not getting that move and wondered if Magic and Rob are an improvement over Mitch and Jim.

I heard they are recruiting Papa Shango from WWE. Lmao!!!

Tempy
votes: 51
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12910
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif

JJCali wrote:
Funny how people (Tempy) want to pick the ONE bad game to make their point and claim inconsistency. And I didn’t know you wanted an update when Julius had a bad game, KK.

Ok so how far back should we go to see consistency. 10 games? 15 games? You 2 are a joke, making it sound like I’M THE ONE picking and choosing games to sound off on. He had one bad game and you act like it’s a normal thing for him. Smh.

Last 15 games scoring:

6 (the one game you point out) 30, 21, 45, 23, 23, 18, 23, 28, 22, 35, 19, 24, 15, 33

Looks like a model of F***ing consistency to me! Haha. Also, don’t make it sound like I ever claimed Randle was the greatest player ever and incapable of having a bad game. Everyone has bad games. Including Kobe & Jordan.

Lets break this down.

you started with this. "For anyone paying attention,

Julius Randle’s line from last night:

45 pts 11 reb 6 ast 3 blk 2 stl

And we refused to pay him $9M. Smh"

I followed with "He is playing well but we can't cherry pick his stats. Scoring 21 tonight doesn't stand out in a loss to Phoenix tonight."

I brought up free throws and then you brought up stats like fg% etc then you said

"Yaeh, totally disagree. If the nba didn’t turn to this positionless all star voting nonsense he would’ve been an all-star this year. Honestly, he’s probably the best PF in the West right now. I’d blame their losing on a lot of things before I got to Randle. Don’t know how Gentry is still the coach there. By the way, Randle followed up that measly 21 & 11 with 30 & 9. So 44 & 11, 21 & 11, and 30 & 9 seems like a pretty good 3 game stretch. But really he’s been doing this all year since they started playing him more than Mirotic. Sounds like a player we really could’ve used."

So it is ok for you to post his stats when he follows up with a good game but its not ok to post up the very next game of 6 and 3? That wasn't me picking a game, it was the very next game he played. I posted his follow up just as fast as you posted the previous one.

Where did we say it is normal for him? Ultimately he doesn't help the pelicans very much. With the best C in the league (emphasis mine), and the best PF in the west, (emphasis yours) they have 31 wins. That is a pathetic record. The pelicans are +1 point per 100 possesions better with Randle on the court. Since you brought up scoring, he barely scores more points than Kuzma (2.5 ppg), so it isn't anything special.

If he was carrying the Pelicans to wins every night I think we would see it different. For me he is stat padding just like LBJ is right now.

JJCali
votes: 22
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8544

us.gif

FrankBecerra wrote:
Some are hoping Magic and Rob get fired so the Lakes can correct the direction of the team. Magic promised this year was going to be full of surprises, big signings and it has been but not what I expected. For example, getting McGee was not the super star signing that I was expecting. The trade for Mike Macscula was also a head scratcher but Magic said it was a great deal and it was for the Clippers. Many are not getting that move and wondered if Magic and Rob are an improvement over Mitch and Jim.

Who is wondering that? They are much worse!

JJCali
votes: 22
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8544

us.gif

Tempy wrote:
Lets break this down.

you started with this. "For anyone paying attention,

Julius Randle’s line from last night:

45 pts 11 reb 6 ast 3 blk 2 stl

And we refused to pay him $9M. Smh"

I followed with "He is playing well but we can't cherry pick his stats. Scoring 21 tonight doesn't stand out in a loss to Phoenix tonight."

I brought up free throws and then you brought up stats like fg% etc then you said

"Yaeh, totally disagree. If the nba didn’t turn to this positionless all star voting nonsense he would’ve been an all-star this year. Honestly, he’s probably the best PF in the West right now. I’d blame their losing on a lot of things before I got to Randle. Don’t know how Gentry is still the coach there. By the way, Randle followed up that measly 21 & 11 with 30 & 9. So 44 & 11, 21 & 11, and 30 & 9 seems like a pretty good 3 game stretch. But really he’s been doing this all year since they started playing him more than Mirotic. Sounds like a player we really could’ve used."

So it is ok for you to post his stats when he follows up with a good game but its not ok to post up the very next game of 6 and 3? That wasn't me picking a game, it was the very next game he played. I posted his follow up just as fast as you posted the previous one.

Ultimately he doesn't help the pelicans very much. With the best C in the league (emphasis mine), and the best PF in the west, (emphasis yours) they have 31 wins.

If he was carrying the Pelicans to wins every night I think we would see it different. For me he is stat padding just like LBJ is right now.

What??? You’re the one that said people cherry pick stats and people only point out the good games yada yada. When did I say you can’t use his stats? That would just help my point lol. By all means please use his stats. If you want to talk about consistency, please use his stats. Go back further! Use his last 50 games. Show me how inconsistent he is. Good talk.

Tempy
votes: 51
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12910
Location: El Pueblo de la Reina de Los Angeles
calif.gif

JJCali wrote:
What??? You’re the one that said people cherry pick stats and people only point out the good games yada yada. When did I say you can’t use his stats? That would just help my point lol. By all means please use his stats. If you want to talk about consistency, please use his stats. Go back further! Use his last 50 games. Show me how inconsistent he is. Good talk.

Not going to get into it about a player that has no relevance to the Lakers lol. He brings an extra 2.5ppg and 3 rebounds per game over Kuzma who is a 2nd year player making $2million. I guess Kuzma isn't far off being an all star too.

BaadMaster
votes: 98
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8627

Magic promised this year was going to be full of surprises....

You tell me that trading Zubac for Mucus wasn't a HUGE SURPRISE? Magic don't lie!

ADDENDUM: I was watching Duke in the NCAA. I am not convinced that Zion is that much better than Julius. Z is 6'7" and playing against college kids. J is 6'9" and scoring big numbers (41 points) against NBAers. Both similarly play mostly bullyball in the post.

Letting Randle go (I am sure SPQR is having a fit over this) might be even WORSE than trading Zubac for Mucus.

As great a player Magic was, that is how bad a GM he is.

kkennon1
votes: 23
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14360
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif

BaadMaster wrote:
Magic promised this year was going to be full of surprises....

You tell me that trading Zubac for Mucus wasn't a HUGE SURPRISE? Magic don't lie!

ADDENDUM: I was watching Duke in the NCAA. I am not convinced that Zion is that much better than Julius. Z is 6'7" and playing against college kids. J is 6'9" and scoring big numbers (41 points) against NBAers. Both similarly play mostly bullyball in the post.

Letting Randle go (I am sure SPQR is having a fit over this) might be even WORSE than trading Zubac for Mucus.

As great a player Magic was, that is how bad a GM he is.

Zion more athletic, probably better outside shooter at same point. Better defensively. But was big mistake letting Randle go, let alone for nothing.

Zu I'm not as upset about, they probably weren't going to keep him next year anyways. Can upgrade at 5 way more than money they might have hsd to pay Zu. Fingers crossed!!!

JJCali
votes: 22
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8544

us.gif

Zion is bigger in weight and definitely more athletic. He’s a freak athletic. As far as skills go, don’t know if he’s really better in any specific area than Randle. He’s not a better shooter at all. But I can see the similarities Baad. But Zion is such a freak athlete that I think he has a bigger upside. But if he doesn’t develop several skills, he’ll never be anything special.

BaadMaster
votes: 98
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8627

Re. Zion and Randle.

Magic is still living in the past. Back in the day, Magic could score 42 points in his rookie year to win a Title; Bird was an All-Star right out of the gate and Kareem was unstoppable even with his rookie team.

Times have changed. The NBA is not that hospitable to rookies anymore. Even Kobe took a couple of years to be great. Same with The Greek Freek and Russell Westbrook. Even Harden took a number of seasons to become Harden.

Magic: You cannot get rid of players if they take a little longer than you to become All-Stars. That logic has lost us DLo and Randle and maybe even Zubac. Magic, you might be an All-Star, but you are a No-Star as a GM. The NBA has passed you by.

Angeluus
votes: 2
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 973

BaadMaster wrote:
Re. Zion and Randle.

Magic is still living in the past. Back in the day, Magic could score 42 points in his rookie year to win a Title; Bird was an All-Star right out of the gate and Kareem was unstoppable even with his rookie team.

Times have changed. The NBA is not that hospitable to rookies anymore. Even Kobe took a couple of years to be great. Same with The Greek Freek and Russell Westbrook. Even Harden took a number of seasons to become Harden.

Magic: You cannot get rid of players if they take a little longer than you to become All-Stars. That logic has lost us DLo and Randle and maybe even Zubac. Magic, you might be an All-Star, but you are a No-Star as a GM. The NBA has passed you by.

That idiot is living in the past in more ways than one. He thinks that the entire league wants to come join this circus because of some preposterous dynasty that no longer exists. He is in for another rude awaking when we strike out yet again in the free agency market. Get ready another **** show folks.

Shepherd
votes: 55
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 11041

ez.gif
I agree about Zion. First he has a longer wing span, to me that separates them right there. My dig on JR was always his short arms and small hands for his size. Second he can put the ball on the floor and move better than JR. he's also quicker off the dribble. Shooting aside (he is a college player afterall, none is perfect) he reminds me more of Giannis than JR. Other than size. Moves well without the ball, has good instincts to the basket. Other than a sore ankle recently hasn't been injury prone that I know of. But there are also other good picks. And one thing the Lakers have been lucky, or good, at the past few years, is finding decent (but not great) players later in the draft. So you never know. Remember, Curry wasn't a top 10 pick either. Lots of players who became great were later picks. More often than not in fact, I'd say. On the whole. Also agree they'll probably get one then trade him away lol. Simply put on top of everything else, the Lakers don't know how to rebuild. Perhaps coz they've never really done it before. Not through the draft for sure. You have to have the right decision makers in place to do the things you want. Just like you need the right players to run any specific system. Good players in the wrong system is a no go. Wrong decision makers for a certain rebuild concept is a no go. Lakers have never been good at developing players either. And they've forever had a problem finding shooters. As has been said, there isn't any one single problem. It's a combination and won't be solved fast. Decide your coach and system, then pick players, and stick with it long....

kkennon1
votes: 23
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14360
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif

JJCali wrote:
Zion is bigger in weight and definitely more athletic. He’s a freak athletic. As far as skills go, don’t know if he’s really better in any specific area than Randle. He’s not a better shooter at all. But I can see the similarities Baad. But Zion is such a freak athlete that I think he has a bigger upside. But if he doesn’t develop several skills, he’ll never be anything special.

He was a better shooter than Randle was in college, except for FT's, and way better on defensive end, not comparing them now , judging them at same stage.

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16787
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

userpete1037
votes: 18
LNS HOF Platinum
Posts: 20322
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif

James shutting it down for the season. Bout dam time!!!!!!!!

MAGICLAKEZ
votes: 70
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16787
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif

userpete1037 wrote:
James shutting it down for the season. Bout dam time!!!!!!!!

Should have done it before we won those last 3 games for no rhyme or reason. Lol.

userpete1037
votes: 18
LNS HOF Platinum
Posts: 20322
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
Should have done it before we won those last 3 games for no rhyme or reason. Lol.

Selfish [email protected]&[email protected]!%@%.....lol.

Shepherd
votes: 55
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 11041

ez.gif

6 games left. All loseable, big time. Shut down Kuz as well so he doesn't have one of those games where he goes off. Lose 6, Dallas and NO win a cple and bang we drop to 15th in the west Smile

kkennon1
votes: 23
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14360
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif

Delete

kkennon1
votes: 23
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14360
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif

Shepherd wrote:
6 games left. All loseable, big time. Shut down Kuz as well so he doesn't have one of those games where he goes off. Lose 6, Dallas and NO win a cple and bang we drop to 15th in the west Smile

Highly doubt we drop to 15th , can't catch Suns.

kkennon1
votes: 23
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14360
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif

Never know how players will turnout when they get into league, but from everything I'm reading, and have been watching. There's only one player that they're saying coming out of draft , has a chance at being good right away ( we all know who that is) , everyone else is a damn development player. Sick of getting those ,only to have them traded or they walk just as they develop. Where's our Embiid, AD, Lillard, Mitchell, etc. players that came in right away ( Embiid injured, but was great when he finally did play) and played like stars...smh

Shepherd
votes: 55
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 11041

ez.gif

kkennon1 wrote:
Highly doubt we drop to 15th , can't catch Suns.

Ooops meant 14th. Forgot how many teams there are lol

Shepherd
votes: 55
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 11041

ez.gif

kkennon1 wrote:
Never know how players will turnout when they get into league, but from everything I'm reading, and have been watching. There's only one player that they're saying coming out of draft , has a chance at being good right away ( we all know who that is) , everyone else is a damn development player. Sick of getting those ,only to have them traded or they walk just as they develop. Where's our Embiid, AD, Lillard, Mitchell, etc. players that came in right away ( Embiid injured, but was great when he finally did play) and played like stars...smh

Roll of the dice. It's kinda like buying a lottery ticket. You lose a lot more than you win. Which I guess is why they call it a lottery lol.

kkennon1
votes: 23
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14360
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif

Shepherd wrote:
Roll of the dice. It's kinda like buying a lottery ticket. You lose a lot more than you win. Which I guess is why they call it a lottery lol.

True. Just tired of getting those players.

Shepherd
votes: 55
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 11041

ez.gif

Yeah seems like the best bets in that regard overall and best surprises have been the Europeans.

JJCali
votes: 22
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8544

us.gif

kkennon1 wrote:
He was a better shooter than Randle was in college, except for FT's, and way better on defensive end, not comparing them now , judging them at same stage.

I’ll take your word for it, I did name you the Resident LNS Scout.

JJCali
votes: 22
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8544

us.gif

kkennon1 wrote:
True. Just tired of getting those players.

I’m tired of trading them, like you said. Lol

JJCali
votes: 22
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8544

us.gif

We got out-tanked today!

Shepherd
votes: 55
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 11041

ez.gif

JJCali wrote:
We got out-tanked today!

Figures. Can't do anything right.

BaadMaster
votes: 98
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8627

JJCali wrote:
We got out-tanked today!

Hard to get guys to tank when they are on one-years and they are playing for their livelihood. Example: Javelle.

When you have a TEAM, they can more easily tank cos they will be here next year with a better team.


Options Quick Reply: RE: Team Tank 2018-19 “Lebron” edition
register
You are an anonymous user- or .
Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
Notify me when a reply is posted
Don't Check Spelling
Note: Twitter & Youtube BBCODE Tags are no longer necessary. The system will automatically convert links to tweets & youtube videos.
   


   
   
register
You are an anonymous user- Register now or Log in Now!