NSFW: Ice Cube Blasts Dwight Howard

Lakers Forum » Lakers Multimedia
Author Search This Topic:
 
BiggestLakersFan
votes: 21
Laker GM
Posts: 2679

us.gif


Repped High Quality Post

RustyRay
votes: 16
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1954

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

This

suntzu619
votes: 6
Laker GM
Posts: 2599

Cube took the words right out of my mouth!!!

userpete1037
votes: 18
LNS HOF Platinum
Posts: 20299
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif

WESTSIDE!!!!!!!!!!!

steven18
votes: 11
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1746

us.gif

suntzu619 wrote:
Cube took the words right out of my mouth!!!

im pretty sure he took the words out of all our mouth's including mitch's

Purpcity24s
votes: 3
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1205

I love this video lol

bAd_sLiNky
votes: 0
NewsSurge Newbie
Posts: 19

Made my day. Rep that WEST baby,

113
votes: 7
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1587

Hell yeah Cube Smile

MrKFC
votes: 5
Laker GM
Posts: 2733
Location: Orange County
calif.gif

YEh YEh Westsyde! LOL Razz

Clippers2012
votes: 6
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 703

I can see the frustration with Dwight, but I'm not sure having Phil, Shaq, Ice Cube, and even Kobe jab at him helps. If anything i wish they wouldn't have done that because now it will hurt the organization more than it helps. Antics like that will scare free agents away, and it will lead them to think of the treatment they get if they sign on then leave after their contract is up. The Fo needs to talk to those involved with the franchise to not respond in such a manner.

AChad92
votes: 13
Laker GM
Posts: 4777

Clippers2012 wrote:
I can see the frustration with Dwight, but I'm not sure having Phil, Shaq, Ice Cube, and even Kobe jab at him helps. If anything i wish they wouldn't have done that because now it will hurt the organization more than it helps. Antics like that will scare free agents away, and it will lead them to think of the treatment they get if they sign on then leave after their contract is up. The Fo needs to talk to those involved with the franchise to not respond in such a manner.

It's media though it'll happen to anyone who leaves. Someone will always be displeased with a decision it's just life lol

Clippers2012
votes: 6
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 703

AChad92 wrote:
It's media though it'll happen to anyone who leaves. Someone will always be displeased with a decision it's just life lol

Yeah i know, but if you look at what it does when laker greats like MAgic, Shaq, and even others like Kobe unfollowing Dwight. This isn't only reaction from the media but lakers personalities doing it. Its gonna make free agents think "why do i want to go there, look at how they treat people." Shaq, Phil, and others should have taken a different road and made a better case to why free agents should come here by making the Laker family one that doesn't disown you when you leave. I just think all of this "dwight Bashing" is going to hurt more than help

Dundie2k
votes: 2
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 946

WestSIIIIIIIIDE!

Bishop-Havoc
votes: 19
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1872

us.gif

No they won't. This is life, people will have things to say if you step the wrong way. Everybody's circumstances are different so most people wouldn't take his situation and make it their own. If the money is right, and a player has his opportunity to win, and maybe shine too, he might be there his whole career and never be in that circumstance.

Clippers2012
votes: 6
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 703

Bishop-Havoc wrote:
No they won't. This is life, people will have things to say if you step the wrong way. Everybody's circumstances are different so most people wouldn't take his situation and make it their own. If the money is right, and a player has his opportunity to win, and maybe shine too, he might be there his whole career and never be in that circumstance.
The Lakers are the NBA team with the highest expectations. That same pressure will be weighing down on anyone else just as it did with Dwight. Even though Dwight didn't handle it well the media, fans, and other laker greats will eat anyone alive here for anything less than a championship. I just think a change in culture to how the organization handles these situations would help because it will happen a lot more, Dwight won't be the last guy to not meet the high expectaions the fans, former players, media, and FO have of them.

Its not just personal drama that has hurt the Lakers but it has also been the burden placed on these players when they can't reach the expectaitons. The organization needs to change that

dub4twenty
votes: 7
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1194

calif.gif

Ha! That Is right big homie. He should have went back to tha east.

Hizzy0
votes: 0
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 94

Real talks

gonzo08452
votes: 4
Laker GM
Posts: 3210
Location: yorba linda, ca
calif.gif

We should include Cube in the banner!

gastank
votes: 28
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1825

Clippers2012 wrote:
The Lakers are the NBA team with the highest expectations. That same pressure will be weighing down on anyone else just as it did with Dwight. Even though Dwight didn't handle it well the media, fans, and other laker greats will eat anyone alive here for anything less than a championship. I just think a change in culture to how the organization handles these situations would help because it will happen a lot more, Dwight won't be the last guy to not meet the high expectaions the fans, former players, media, and FO have of them.

Its not just personal drama that has hurt the Lakers but it has also been the burden placed on these players when they can't reach the expectaitons. The organization needs to change that

This isn't Lakers culture, it's Los Angeles. We're not Podunk, BFE where the only escape from the doldrums of the daily grind is sports. One of the greatest cons of professional sports is making fans believe that they owe the team, rather than the other way around.

We see sports for what it is, entertainment. And in the entertainment mecca of the world, we have better things to do than waste our time pining after a losing proposition. We want players that win in order to gain support. Howard wanted it the other way around; support first, victory later, and he took that type of small thinking to an appropriate market.

granpatron24
votes: 5
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 798
Location: Portland
mx.gif

Clippers2012 wrote:
I can see the frustration with Dwight, but I'm not sure having Phil, Shaq, Ice Cube, and even Kobe jab at him helps. If anything i wish they wouldn't have done that because now it will hurt the organization more than it helps. Antics like that will scare free agents away, and it will lead them to think of the treatment they get if they sign on then leave after their contract is up. The Fo needs to talk to those involved with the franchise to not respond in such a manner.

No way it hurts us. If anything helps with guys like the Westbrooks who want exactly what the Lakers fans want CHAMPIONSHIPS..

Westbrook>Durant

granpatron24
votes: 5
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 798
Location: Portland
mx.gif

gastank wrote:
This isn't Lakers culture, it's Los Angeles. We're not Podunk, BFE where the only escape from the doldrums of the daily grind is sports. One of the greatest cons of professional sports is making fans believe that they owe the team, rather than the other way around.

We see sports for what it is, entertainment. And in the entertainment mecca of the world, we have better things to do than waste our time pining after a losing proposition. We want players that win in order to gain support. Howard wanted it the other way around; support first, victory later, and he took that type of small thinking to an appropriate market.

Couldn't agree more. In LA they want Championships and hard work and determination = just that.

Slickster17
votes: 0
NewsSurge Newbie
Posts: 30

lovie the video. wish he would have stayed but f*** him now

TERRY-TEAGLE
votes: 41
Laker GM
Posts: 3664
Location: Belmont Shores,CA

Maxx
votes: 6
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1359

was that cube or did someone catch a video of my weekend BBQ?

SaVaGe-DeF
votes: 51
LNS HOF Gold

Posts: 19687

The pic of Dwight looking sad made me laugh.

MrMojo112
votes: 38
LNS HOF Bronze

Posts: 9565

calif.gif

Wow lol. I mean he basically said what a lot of us Laker fans are thinking. I legimately lol'd though.

SaVaGe-DeF
votes: 51
LNS HOF Gold

Posts: 19687

MrMojo112 wrote:
Wow lol. I mean he basically said what a lot of us Laker fans are thinking. I legimately lol'd though.

MOJO you're back!!!!

MrMojo112
votes: 38
LNS HOF Bronze

Posts: 9565

calif.gif

SaVaGe-DeF wrote:
MOJO you're back!!!!

What's up Def?! Very Happy

SaVaGe-DeF
votes: 51
LNS HOF Gold

Posts: 19687

MrMojo112 wrote:
What's up Def?! Very Happy

LTB has missed you.

MrMojo112
votes: 38
LNS HOF Bronze

Posts: 9565

calif.gif

SaVaGe-DeF wrote:
LTB has missed you.

Well I will try to be around a little bit more! I've just been swamped lately.

maraud
votes: 28
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 5827

Clippers2012 wrote:
I can see the frustration with Dwight, but I'm not sure having Phil, Shaq, Ice Cube, and even Kobe jab at him helps. If anything i wish they wouldn't have done that because now it will hurt the organization more than it helps. Antics like that will scare free agents away, and it will lead them to think of the treatment they get if they sign on then leave after their contract is up. The Fo needs to talk to those involved with the franchise to not respond in such a manner.

The sports world is funny, give it 3 months and it will all be forgotten. They will be on to another controversy.

Kerwin
votes: 6
Laker GM
Posts: 4612

Dayuuuuuum!!

SaVaGe-DeF
votes: 51
LNS HOF Gold

Posts: 19687

Power 106 is also blasting Dwight.

BiggestLakersFan
votes: 21
Laker GM
Posts: 2679

us.gif

MrMojo112 wrote:
Well I will try to be around a little bit more! I've just been swamped lately.

Mojo sighting!!! What's up my dude?

MrMojo112
votes: 38
LNS HOF Bronze

Posts: 9565

calif.gif

BiggestLakersFan wrote:
Mojo sighting!!! What's up my dude?

How's it going BLF? Not much besides school, work, the usual!

BiggestLakersFan
votes: 21
Laker GM
Posts: 2679

us.gif

Good to see you on here again, it's been a while since i last saw you. Glad that you are doing well. I am doing fine, thanks for asking.

MrMojo112
votes: 38
LNS HOF Bronze

Posts: 9565

calif.gif

BiggestLakersFan wrote:
Good to see you on here again, it's been a while since i last saw you. Glad that you are doing well. I am doing fine, thanks for asking.

Glad to be back, yeah it's been about a couple of 6 or 7 months lol. Glad that you're doing well!

lakedson
votes: 8
Laker GM
Posts: 3417

us.gif

i agree on F()CK Dwight Coward but Kobe winning another one before Dwight does? How about neither one can get a ring after this...lol

MrKFC
votes: 5
Laker GM
Posts: 2733
Location: Orange County
calif.gif

I just want to rant this. You know Dwight, he doesn't understand the process of winning. It takes time and patience to win. You can't just come to a new team and expect to win right away. For an example, it's like math. There is an equation on the chalkboard and you have to know and understand what your professor has taught you. He/she will give you a formula that you will take to apply it. Therefore, you may solve that problem. You can't just look at an equation and not have the prerequisite courses to back it up or learn from to solve it. And as you, the Lakers has many that he can learn and apply from to improve his game. But he left to Houston selfishly, and soon he will see that no matter where he is as a player. It's starts all over again. You can't just win. There is a process.

Cntoo
votes: 0
NewsSurge Newbie
Posts: 25

I like the reactions. People should realize this is an organization with a win or die attitude, we don't want chumps.

Clippers2012
votes: 6
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 703

maraud wrote:
The sports world is funny, give it 3 months and it will all be forgotten. They will be on to another controversy.
of course that is a given. My candidate for stealing the spotlight will be carmelo. Somehow i think he will try amd force his way out of new york, or pull a decision come 2014.

laker083234
votes: 10
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1316

Clippers2012 wrote:
of course that is a given. My candidate for stealing the spotlight will be carmelo. Somehow i think he will try amd force his way out of new york, or pull a decision come 2014.

I agree. The easter conference has gotten better and Bargnani and Amare on the same team is a lot of money towards talent not worth it. I don't think the knicks are going to go far and melo will know if he forces the trade to lakers he could get the longer contract with them rather than signing in 2014 summer. It will definitely be thought upon and we have pieces to facilitate a three way trade with gasol or nash and pieces going to a third team that gets knicks what they want.

SPQR
votes: 291
LNS HOF Bronze

Posts: 9286
Location: Pennsylvania

Quote:

I just want to rant this. You know Dwight, he doesn't understand the process of winning. It takes time and patience to win. You can't just come to a new team and expect to win right away. For an example, it's like math. There is an equation on the chalkboard and you have to know and understand what your professor has taught you. He/she will give you a formula that you will take to apply it. Therefore, you may solve that problem. You can't just look at an equation and not have the prerequisite courses to back it up or learn from to solve it. And as you, the Lakers has many that he can learn and apply from to improve his game. But he left to Houston selfishly, and soon he will see that no matter where he is as a player. It's starts all over again. You can't just win. There is a process.

Why wasn't Kobe given that same lecture when a couple years after threepeat, when he already HAD three rings, he totally blasted Mitch, Dr. Buss and the Lakers organzation and demanded to be traded because the team at that time was not a contender? The exact same team that backed him to the hilt with Shaq, Phil Jackson and his rape case. Where was his patience and understanding of the method? Why didn't Kobe say, "Hey, we just ended a championship team. I got three rings. Rebuilding takes time. I have to be patient." No, he went apesh*t in his remarks in an effort to get out.

But when Kobe wanted to win now, and demanded out, it was because he was this super competitor. It was justified and admirable. When Dwight wants to go someplace where he thinks he can win now, where he would rather be, hes a coward and not patient. Funny how that works.

I know what the Cube and every other big mouth would say if people told him what he should do with his life, where he should sing, what he should sing. Or question him about all the crappy movies he makes and wants people to spend good, hard earned money to see and suggest he try to make good ones instead of ripping people off with garbage. He and the others who deign to judge someone for doing what they want with THEIR lives would reply by saying "F*CK YOU, it's my life and Ill do what I want."

Thats exactly what the Cube would do.

And so would everyone else here who is whinning if someone came up to you and said, "Hey, I think you should work here or do this or that. I know whats best for you and what you need to do with your life."

Of course that only applies to Cube and all of us others. With Howard, well, he needs to do as we think he should.

What a bunch of hypocritical bullsh*t.

What a bunch of whinners.

bigsmoove
votes: 0
NewsSurge Newbie
Posts: 4

This is classic. Dwight coward will now be clowned by all the stars.

KobeForGOAT
votes: 3
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 529

I like the part when he says "F*ck you Dwight Coward... We Don't Need No B*tches On Our Team" lol lol lol

SPQR
votes: 291
LNS HOF Bronze

Posts: 9286
Location: Pennsylvania

Ice Cube a star? lol.

Imagine it. A washed up singer making crappy movies, a star!! I guess hes a star to some. I think when it comes to the Cube, the word clown that was used is more appropiate than star.

But then I guess Kim Kardashian says it all. Shes a "star" too. Hehe. The definition of star sure has changed in this time.

lakedson
votes: 8
Laker GM
Posts: 3417

us.gif

I would have gone elsewhere too if the team is owned by Jim Buss....

maraud
votes: 28
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 5827

I was one that wanted Howard here and I would have been happy if he had stayed. That said, I was disappointed in him after I watched him play last year and had come to the conclusion that 1. his free throw shooting was bad. Yes you can say so was Shaq's but Shaq O & D was much better which lessened the pain. Howard was really a 10/10 player when you subtracted for missed free throws. 2. His fun and games attitude was not helpful in the locker room and his lackadaisical attitude was not Laker like to me. All in all, I wonder if he was worth being a max paid player for this team. Looking back his leaving may be a blessing rather than a curse for the Lakers but only time will tell.

SPQR
votes: 291
LNS HOF Bronze

Posts: 9286
Location: Pennsylvania

Quote:

I was one that wanted Howard here and I would have been happy if he had stayed. That said, I was disappointed in him after I watched him play last year and had come to the conclusion that 1. his free throw shooting was bad. Yes you can say so was Shaq's but Shaq O & D was much better which lessened the pain. Howard was really a 10/10 player when you subtracted for missed free throws. 2. His fun and games attitude was not helpful in the locker room and his lackadaisical attitude was not Laker like to me. All in all, I wonder if he was worth being a max paid player for this team. Looking back his leaving may be a blessing rather than a curse for the Lakers but only time will tell.

Marvin,

Speaking as someone who never wanted him here, nothing he showed surprised me. All the flaws that made me think two things before he got here: He was not a max player nor was he the guy whom I trusted to be the leader and face of this team for the next five to eight years in trying to win a title were on display while he was here. Howard is a good player, but I don't think even close to the Shaq, Kobe, Magic, Bird game changer who can just take a team to where it need to go.

So I don't mind that he is gone. I didn't see him as a smart investment. But I can also tell you this, I will NEVER become such a fool as to tell ANYONE what they should do with their lives. Even if Howard was three times the player Lebron is, I would understand if he wanted to leave and would not be pissed at him. I would be disappointed he left, but not mad at him for doing what he wanted with his life.

We get one shot at life and what an oblivious clown anyone would be to tell someone what they should do with it. There is not a person on the planet who wants someone telling them what they should do with their life but man how fast so many are to tell others what to do or judge them when they don't do what we want.

msteen1
votes: 0
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 788

SPQR wrote:
Ice Cube a star? lol.

Imagine it. A washed up singer making crappy movies, a star!! I guess he is a star to some. I think when it comes to the Cube, the word clown that was used is more appropriate than star.

But then I guess Kim Kardashian says it all. Shes a "star" too. Hehe. The definition of star sure has changed in this time.

Ice Cube is not a singer


Options Quick Reply: RE: NSFW: Ice Cube Blasts Dwight Howard
register
You are an anonymous user- or .
Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
Notify me when a reply is posted
Don't Check Spelling
Note: Twitter & Youtube BBCODE Tags are no longer necessary. The system will automatically convert links to tweets & youtube videos.
   


   
   
register
You are an anonymous user- Register now or Log in Now!