Stephen A. Smith on Dwight's Decision and Lakers Role

Lakers Forum » Lakers Multimedia
Author Search This Topic:
 
LKnight
votes: 70
Laker GM
Posts: 4173
 

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshh4OM3GEIJn4ip1bis

LKnight
votes: 70
Laker GM
Posts: 4173

Still surprised they had D'antoni in the room in the first place.

gemfow
votes: 181
LNS HOF Silver

Posts: 12402
Location: Maryland
us.gif

Actually kind of funny that D'Antoni was there, I didn't think that he was, lol. How can a coach say absolutely nothing. Oh well. I really can't blame him for leaving.

Clippers2012
votes: 6
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 703

gemfow wrote:
Actually kind of funny that D'Antoni was there, I didn't think that he was, lol. How can a coach say absolutely nothing. Oh well. I really can't blame him for leaving.
you guys have a new beginning come 2014 choose the face of your franchise wisley. My advice don't go for lebron, or any big names like this. Go for solid guys like paul george. Build a young solid team with no egos, don't try and hit a home run but hit singles to peak interest that you are back and committed to team play..otherwise this same tactic of big names with no foundation just results in this same cycle.

LKnight
votes: 70
Laker GM
Posts: 4173

That's a lot easier said than done with Kobe staying beyond his contract.

Speaking of, I wonder how the Lakers feel about Kobe's decision to stay for three more years seeing that they've restructured the entire team to be ready for 2014. Kinda hard to rebuild that team around a NEW star with Kobe still being here. With that being said, that deserves a new thread...lol

gemfow
votes: 181
LNS HOF Silver

Posts: 12402
Location: Maryland
us.gif

Clippers2012 wrote:
you guys have a new beginning come 2014 choose the face of your franchise wisley. My advice don't go for lebron, or any big names like this. Go for solid guys like paul george. Build a young solid team with no egos, don't try and hit a home run but hit singles to peak interest that you are back and committed to team play..otherwise this same tactic of big names with no foundation just results in this same cycle.

2014 is a joke. Most of the guys who one would consider desirable are restricted and of course their teams will match. The Lakers whole 2014 plans were to have Dwight on board then he could be the attraction for free agents. However, the FO underestimated their boneheadedness of the D'Antoni hire and Kobe talking about playing three more years.

MemphisLakerToni
votes: 3
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 114

Gem,

I am not made at Dwight he chose the best situation for himself.

I really believe Kobe and his big mouth took Dwight over the edge.

The Laker front office has a lot of work to do and I am not sure they are up to the task.

Well Kobe I hope you enjoyed your 5 rings because you will not be getting another.

I am not a great Stephen a fan but he had already stated the problems with La front office and leadership.

lakerdudeinindy
votes: 15
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1429

gemfow wrote:
2014 is a joke. Most of the guys who one would consider desirable are restricted and of course their teams will match. The Lakers whole 2014 plans were to have Dwight on board then he could be the attraction for free agents. However, the FO underestimated their boneheadedness of the D'Antoni hire and Kobe talking about playing three more years.

Yeah...I am not entirely convinced about the 2014 free agency spree, because a few think is that we smash together max stars and automatically a championship happens.....and it doesn't. The reason I feel and will always feel that THIS off-season is crucial is that teams need to see where you are going and what the future holds. The Lakers have not established that. All I here is; we have cleared cap space for 2014 and we can go for Lebron, John Wall, Kyrie Irvin, Carmelo??? If D'Antoni is here do fans honestly think Melo would come here??? LOL...Lebron and Miami could pull off another championship and oh then he will up and decide to come out here....that's BS. Firing D'Antoni would be a smart thing to do and maybe building some role players to even out the star-studded line up that the FO

thinks it getting. We need to be careful or we are going to look like Dallas. All that money and no one wants to come here.

Kobe2481
votes: 1
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 191

Why are people blaming Kobe ... Stfu everyone was saying he had a problem with the coach, Kobe has nothing to do with this, blame Mitch and dantonie and Jim, they all running the lakers to the ground, we had a chance at Melo Jim said no, he took a chance on a player who wanted another coach, he picked a coach and old Nash over a center..... I'm not mad but lakers will never be the same, this is the beginning this is the first star to turn 30mil down, that means NO LEBRON, no MELO, No Howard, no other super star to carry the lakers legacy.....we are older, with stupid coach, no bench

Look at this guys the west is even tougher now....

1.thunder

2.spurs

3.clippers

4.warriors

5.rockets

6.Memphis

7.denver

8.timberwolves

9.pelicans

10.lakers ???

The west is stacked ....... Lakers damn ..


Options Quick Reply: RE: Stephen A. Smith on Dwight's Decision and Lakers Role
register
You are an anonymous user- or .
Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
Notify me when a reply is posted
Don't Check Spelling
Note: Twitter & Youtube BBCODE Tags are no longer necessary. The system will automatically convert links to tweets & youtube videos.
   


    register
You are an anonymous user- or .'>
   
register
You are an anonymous user- Register now or Log in Now!