The sad predictable, inevitable end of Kobe Bean Bryant. (P. 5)

Lakers News Surge Forum/Message Board » Lakers Blogs
Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Search This Topic:
 
88towers
NewsSurge Newbie
Posts: 5

us.gif
votes: 0

SPQR wrote:
Before the Laker’s game with Memphis tonight, the players had a meeting to air their grievances. That meeting was talked about on ESPN after the game. Among one of the issues brought up was Kobe Bryant asking Dwight Howard if he had a problem playing with him because Kobe takes so many shots.

It is telling about just where this team is and how irreversible this situation is that Dwight didn’t really answer him.

And that is just how low this team is now: Unable to get along, unable to even talk to each other in any kind of constructive way. Just mute desperation.

When this travesty of a season is done, when this team is finally, mercifully broken up, and yes, in all probability our last year’s savior Howard becomes next year’s refuge fleeing the Lakers dysfunctional war zone as fast as possible, or traded before that happens, blame will fly around like vultures over a carcass.

....

blah blah blah

....

Kobe, alone, vs the world.

SPQR, they say those who speak a lot, or in this case type, say very little.


KBLO-24_7
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1025
votes: 29

The sad, inevitable end of your credibility. Tought the lakers and Kobe were done, only come out when they're losing or having issues, to quote Robert Horry "you better read a newspaper or something" because this season is just getting started for the Laker fans who didnt hop off a bandwagon that was rocking or climb out from under some bridge only when things go bad, just like the mocking of this thread ....

But hey you can look forward to a predictable, slow, inevitable end of credibility and mocking for creating or supporting the bs that was once claimed as gospel ... Even do a scowl while reading it for dramatic effect


khalid_france
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 744
Location: Paris - FR
fr.gif
votes: 4

wow it's a - 64 thread, is this a record ?


lakerfrommass
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 5022
votes: 15

DaAssasins wrote:
Same Kobe haters like SPQR writing non-sense.

Yes, he hates Kobe so much that he has OPENLY referred to Kobe as his "favorite Laker"..... Sounds like hate to me... Yup that's hate....


lakerfrommass
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 5022
votes: 15

BaadMaster wrote:

It takes a big man to admit he is wrong.It appears you do not have that qulaity. Standings alone do not determine a players greatness. If that were true, than Kobe, during the Smush years, must have stunk as a player. In fact, Charles Barkley really must have stunk the NBA up. Clyde Drexler? A bum. But that all NBA superstar, Tayshawn Prince, what a player. Maybe they should vote him inot the HOF twice for beating the Lakers.

And Patrick Ewing. Another bum, SPQR. The list of "bums without rings or on teams with lsoing records" is long and includes quite a few great ballers,

And Kobe. Another SPQR Bum with no rings. Oops, I almost forgot. He has one. OH NO1111 He has FIVEWell, the fact that he doesn't have six qualifies him for the SPQR NBA Bum club.

I guess I must be watching soccer and got it all wrong.

Gee Baad, thanks for the basketball 101 lesson.... All this time I thought standings did in fact determine a player's greatness. Silly me! Question is baad, at what point did SPQR state or even hint at standings determining a player's greatness?

I'm glad to see the reading comprehension issues are alive and well here on LTB... That always makes the debates more interesting.

Lastly there baad, at least SPQR has the nugget pouch to stand by his guns.... You on the other hand, as we all know, will change your opinion on any given topic over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again... I'd like to know what SPQR was so wrong about that he needs to admit... He said we wouldn't win another title with Kobe... Since he said it, there hasn't been a finals matchup.... How could he be proven right or wrong at this point???


gemfow
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12402
Location: Maryland
us.gif
votes: 181

lakernet79 wrote:
gemfow wrote:
lakernet79 wrote:
@MagicLakez

Comparing Axle’s defense to Kobe’s is actually a compliement. 10 time All-NBA First team, 2 time All-NBA Second team, 2 time All-NBA Thrid team. Even though he has lost a step on defense I’d be hard pressed to take another SG’s defense over Kobe. While he mostly plays “roaming” defense much like an NFL safety at time, he can certainly play on the ball defense when the occasion calls for it. All in all, a poor attempt at a joke.

@Gemfow and Axle

What Axle says has a lot of validity to it. In fact you can attribute it to a majority of the arguments on this board. There is a huge difference between being a Laker fan and a basketball fan who likes the Lakers. Laker fans are Laker apologist. Basketball fans usually try to force an objective eye to a band of fanatical posters which can only end poorly. If you didn’t already know, I am a Laker fan.

@LKnight

Sorry to say but you are doing the same exact thing you are accusing others of doing. Just because Kobe got 12 assists does not mean you are right either. Let’s even broaden our view of this month by month:

November (Laker’s record 8-6): Kobe averaged 27ppg, 5.6ast, 5.4reb on 47 FG%

December (7-7): Kobe averaged 33.8ppg, 4.6ast, 5.6reb on 46FG%

January (5-11): Kobe averaged 24.4ppg, 6.2ast, 4.6reb on 44%FG%

February (9-4): Kobe averaged 23.9ppg, 6.6ast, 6.7reb on 48FG%

March (3-1): Kobe averaging 36.8ppg, 7.5ast, 5.5reb on 51FG%

Now what can you determine from those numbers? During Nov/Dec the team’s record was 15-13 while Kobe was playing “Kobe ball” and scoring before passing. During Jan/Feb the team’s record was 14-15 while Kobe was “passing”. Having showed you that, can you honestly say “we were right, when Kobe passes the ball we win and when he shoots we lose”? So is anyone really an “idiot” for saying Kobe playing the Kobe brand of ball is making us win?

I don’t think anyone has been proven right or wrong. I have been saying this since this post was started. Kobe is not the singular reason why this team was doing poorly. It was a combination of coaching changes, no training camp with the current system, the coach not having a defined rotation, Pau being hurt, Nash being hurt, Howard being hurt, Pau being hurt again, Hill being hurt and then out the entire year, Blake starting the season on the injured list and let’s not forget we have 3 players in the starting lineup that are new to the team and have never played with each other. If anyone doubt’s chemistry is not a factor, please refer to the Miami Heat their first year. If anything you can make a strong argument that Kobe has been the glue of this team this year. When the team was losing, Kobe said he’ll take the blame because he’s used to it. When the team needed someone to facilitate the offense when Nash was out, Kobe was there. When we needed someone to change their game to help the team, Kobe started dishing out dimes. When we needed clutch victories these past two games, Kobe left it all on the floor and willed us to victory. How many other players in the NBA can you really say that about? That’s pretty much a 2 man conversation in my opinion.

So let’s not lose objectivity here. This thread was started for the reason of blaming Kobe for everything that has gone wrong this season. Sorry to break it to you all, but Kobe is not the sole reason for us losing just as he is not the sole reason for us winning (except vs the Pelican and Raptors haha).

Lakernet79: I have to disagree. I've been a fan of the Lakers well before I was a fan of the game. As a child I didn't care about any other players, I hated Michael Jordan because of it. However as I grew up, I started playing the game, and I grew to love it. So, I grew up watching the game played in the eighties, nineties, 00's and how it has changed, how my own team has changed and best believe my love for the Lakers hasn't been diluted it's just that I know how the game should be played or I have an opinion of the best way to play it which is shared by many other former players and coaches.

Fair enough.

I never question anyone's love for the Lakers when it comes to posting on this board. I only question the degree to which one poster will defend a player or the organization as a whole. In general, I have found that those who have a deeper admiration for the game itself tend to be more critical of the Lakers and it's players. Those who just like the Lakers tend to be more supportive. To a degree, you fall into the former category because you watched more Laker ball than I have. You started in the 80's and I started really watching ball in the late 90's. You have seen more types of Laker teams than I have.

You've actually missed some of the best basketball ever back in the 80's. Teams had so many skillful players, even off the bench guys were talented and a lot more people had mid range jumpshots as opposed to today's NBA which seems to be either the three or a drive to the basket. Jordan's greatness can't be spoken of enough but he presented a problem too in the nineties NBA. Teams started playing more iso type ball, started marketing player's more and the game became lower scoring because it became a league of teams trying to give the ball to player's and letting guys get shot's off individual' player's greatness.

I wasn't a fan of Stern implementing the semi-zone at first but then after I saw teams starting to get back to better team ball, I was really happy with it. Kobe kind of belongs in that nineties era imo. He is just that great one on one and Jordan had the benefit of playing in the pre-zone era which was a godsend to a one on one player. So unless a player fully committed on a double team, then an illegal defense was called. I can only imagine what sort of damage Kobe would do in a non-zone era.


lakernet79
Big-Time Laker Fan
 Avatar
Posts: 591
votes: 35

gemfow wrote:

You've actually missed some of the best basketball ever back in the 80's. Teams had so many skillful players, even off the bench guys were talented and a lot more people had mid range jumpshots as opposed to today's NBA which seems to be either the three or a drive to the basket. Jordan's greatness can't be spoken of enough but he presented a problem too in the nineties NBA. Teams started playing more iso type ball, started marketing player's more and the game became lower scoring because it became a league of teams trying to give the ball to player's and letting guys get shot's off individual' player's greatness.

I wasn't a fan of Stern implementing the semi-zone at first but then after I saw teams starting to get back to better team ball, I was really happy with it. Kobe kind of belongs in that nineties era imo. He is just that great one on one and Jordan had the benefit of playing in the pre-zone era which was a godsend to a one on one player. So unless a player fully committed on a double team, then an illegal defense was called. I can only imagine what sort of damage Kobe would do in a non-zone era.

Yeah I've seen that NBA Dynasties DVD where they had some games with the Showtime Lakers and it was a sight to see. Those short shorts nearly made me blind and their athleticism compared to today's players is almost laughable. But it was probably the fact that most players were on such even ground that they had to play team ball in order to win. Plus the fact the 3 point line was further back and you consequently saw very few 3 point shots during a game. The David Stern era saw the rise of the "superstar" and the slew of marketing that went along with it. On the one hand, it directly attributed to the popularity of the NBA, but on the other hand, it discouraged team ball as you said.

Now that zone defense has been around for a while, you see people like Thibodeau create some truly complex systems that really stifle opponents. I am not a fan of the zone itself, but I am a fan of giving teams the option to change it up and give their opponents different looks on defense so they don't know what to expect. You see teams switch it up on occasion all the time. They throw in some box and one here and there just to catch their opponent off guard and create some turnovers and then switch it back. So coaching is definitely more of a chess game now on defense rather than the days before zone. I like the extra dimension.


Afrosho
Serious Laker Fan
Posts: 250
votes: 0

khalid_france wrote:
wow it's a - 64 thread, is this a record ?

-65 actually, I had to vote.


SPQR
LNS HOF Bronze
 Avatar
Posts: 9286
Location: Pennsylvania
votes: 291
Baad, You say it takes a big man to say you are wrong. Well you have been wrong more than almost any poster on this site, steadily, for over two years. Not once have you admitted you were wrong. So what exactly is your size? I know you like dog me, its how you pick up reps. Its the only way you can anymore. So here you are, trolling for some more. I hope you get some. I hope I can help you out again. Let me say one thing about Kobe this year: This guy is our leader and best player, right? Everyone says it. Even he does. He said before training camp, right? He gets the creds when we do well and win titles right? And deservedly so. Now I think we all agree the superteam has not come close to expecations, right? I think we all agree on that. I also think we can all agree on that there are many issues why. But there is another reason too. Because of how Kobe, our leader and best player decided to play it out this year. All year, Nash, Howard, Metta and Pau made allusions our outright statements saying this team needed to share the ball more. Those remarks were obviously aimed at Kobe. But he ignored them. He kept playing Kobeball to the point this team was condemned to being a perpetual road playoff team, even if they made the playoffs. And if he kept playing Kobeball, they weren't going to. They were staring at 50 plus loss season. Finally, after that notorous team meeting, Kobe, the best player on this team and its leader, decided to play a more egalitarian brand of ball, the ball his teamates asked for. You know the results? Before Kobe made the switch, we were 16-25. Since....


Axle
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14951
Location: Axle
votes: 71

Actually the reason why this team is doing better now is because Howard is almost 100% better from his back surgery. Nash after sustaining a broken leg at the start of the season side lined him for a long time. Now he is barely starting to implement his P&R working together with the versatile Kobe Bryant they have gotten some rhythm to the team. And most important change has been D'Antoni had to give up his system of gun and shoot. He has changed to slow the game down and to play some defense.

In the mean time Kobe has had to make some drastic changes while all this was happening. Going from a shooting guard to a point guard to playing defense against some of the best quick point guards in the nba. The meeting that was held according to Dwight and Kobe was no different then any other meetings teams have. But the media can twist and turn things around so as to create an atmosphere like their was problems between Dwight and Kobe. Writers were just assuming that there was problems between Kobe and the team, when in fact there wasn't any.

Now as to Pau complaining that he was not getting enough touches is almost enough to make anybody that watched the Laker games laugh at such a idiotic statement. He got plenty of touches and if him and Metta would learn how to make shots, then nobody would complain.

But like Kobe said not to worry, that he will take the blame for everything even though we know he does not have to. He is the only player that has been busting his azz to keep this team a float until the injured players healed up and got back in sync.

But to say that it was Kobe's fault is wrong, but I respect your opinion SPQR because this is a forum and things like this are debatable. You have some that will support what you posted, but the greater percentage disagree.

And it is nothing to get upset about, you have your views and we have ours.


lakerfrommass
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 5022
votes: 15

A prognostication of sorts


lepcitylakers
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 819
votes: 2

Sorry I haven't been on here in awhile. Does anyone know if there is a setting that will open the threads on mobile phones. I can't load up the threads on my cell phone, so i really can't do anything on this site with my phone. It always worked before, anyone know the problem and the phone works fine for every other site?


Dave
Site Admin
Posts: 5311

us.gif
votes: 45

lepcitylakers wrote:
Sorry I haven't been on here in awhile. Does anyone know if there is a setting that will open the threads on mobile phones. I can't load up the threads on my cell phone, so i really can't do anything on this site with my phone. It always worked before, anyone know the problem and the phone works fine for every other site?

Hi lepcitylakers- can you tell me more detail on what you are experiencing on the phone & what phone you are using? Thanks!


lepcitylakers
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 819
votes: 2

Moto G. When i click any of the threads they just load and keep loading but never come up


lepcitylakers
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 819
votes: 2

I don't what you did but it works now, thanks Dave!


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8544

us.gif
votes: 22

I was having the same problem.


Options Quick Reply: RE: The sad predictable, inevitable end of Kobe Bean Bryant.
register
You are an anonymous user- or .
Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
Notify me when a reply is posted
Don't Check Spelling
Note: Twitter & Youtube BBCODE Tags are no longer necessary. The system will automatically convert links to tweets & youtube videos.
   
 
Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home
Post new topic   Reply to topic
register
You are an anonymous user- Register now or Log in Now!


Add our Los Angeles Lakers Blog RSS Feed, the Lakers Rumors RSS Feed, the Lakers News RSS feed, and the Lakers Forum RSS feed to get the latest Laker News and Rumors and Lakers Game info in your RSS/XML reader!