Godzilla vs Superman(Bizzaro) (P. 2)

Lakers Forum » Locked Topics / Trash Bin
Author Search This Topic:
 
kb24_4life
votes: 50
LNS HOF Bronze
Age: 29
Posts: 6189

us.gif

Aww, was a nerve struck there big boy LOL I'm wondering, where's your argument? Is it on realgm? Espn? Where?!

rdg0917
votes: 4
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1381
Location: North Carolina
us.gif

What a joke. This guy wants to debate and then has nothing to say when someone puts facts out there to support Dwight. Bynum lovers at their best.

ko8e419
votes: 0
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 72

Quote:
If this thread is all about "Statistical Mathematical factual evidence" then Dwight clearly wins. So in other words this is a pointless thread. Dwight's stats are a whole lot better then Bynum's. Oh, and I'd rather keep Bynum!

Quote:
^^^clear example none of you can debate at all....I pity what you all would do on realgm, lakernation, espn, hoopshype.....because you all who come in here critiquing this thread and calling it dumb proves my point I am confident and arrogant that those who have called this thread dumb couldn't last two minutes in a debate on basketball with me so no with clear statistical Mathematical factual evidence Dwight doesn't win......go look up the term and then go put you father's big boy pants on and accept my challenge until then leave this thread and don't return.....it's that simple

getting a little angry lmao 1st statistic dont mean everything but even in statistic dwight wins lol... i bet ur one of those people that say Tebow is a good QB too lmao

Ok we will break it down this way PER 36 minutes of play

Dwight 18.3 points per, 12.9 total rebounds per (3.6 off), 1.5 Assits per, 2.2 blocks per. 11.2 Field Goals attempted per with a shooting percentage of .557 from the field

Bynum 16.3 Points per, 10.9 Total rebounds, 1.6 Assits per, 2.2 blocks per,

11.4 field goals attempted per with a shooting percentage of .566

HE LOSES!!!!! people plain and simple its not by much buts DWIGHT IS BETTER GET OVER IT go wipe ur self off and come back witha better more factual argument

KBLB2324
votes: 2
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 100

HE LOSES!!!!! people plain and simple its not by much buts DWIGHT IS BETTER GET OVER IT go wipe ur self off and come back witha better more factual argument

^^^

Yawn.... I'm too tired to explain what I 'be already have the first few posts....when you bring in stats you have analyze each player's opportuntity, usage rate, shots per game, PER, but you all haven't you all come here and spew out attacks together but each of you can never come alone and challenge me in all phases of statstics that I've named and name previously so like I said it's cute when you all come in little pig hoards and try to bombard an thread but unlike the others until you all come correct and debate objectively then you all are a waste of time and prove my point.....

rdg0917
votes: 4
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1381
Location: North Carolina
us.gif

KBLB2324 wrote:
HE LOSES!!!!! people plain and simple its not by much buts DWIGHT IS BETTER GET OVER IT go wipe ur self off and come back witha better more factual argument

^^^

Yawn.... I'm too tired to explain what I 'be already have the first few posts....when you bring in stats you have analyze each player's opportuntity, usage rate, shots per game, PER, but you all haven't you all come here and spew out attacks together but each of you can never come alone and challenge me in all phases of statstics that I've named and name previously so like I said it's cute when you all come in little pig hoards and try to bombard an thread but unlike the others until you all come correct and debate objectively then you all are a waste of time and prove my point.....

Man you've got to be the worst person I've seen to debate on this site. Bring stats! Bring stats! My boy just gave you stats and you ignored them. Close this thread. Absolute joke.

kb24_4life
votes: 50
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 6189

us.gif

Are those their career per-36 numbers? If so, what are last seasons per-36 numbers?

ko8e419
votes: 0
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 72


KBLB2324 wrote:
HE LOSES!!!!! people plain and simple its not by much buts DWIGHT IS BETTER GET OVER IT go wipe ur self off and come back witha better more factual argument

^^^

Yawn.... I'm too tired to explain what I 'be already have the first few posts....when you bring in stats you have analyze each player's opportuntity, usage rate, shots per game, PER, but you all haven't you all come here and spew out attacks together but each of you can never come alone and challenge me in all phases of statstics that I've named and name previously so like I said it's cute when you all come in little pig hoards and try to bombard an thread but unlike the others until you all come correct and debate objectively then you all are a waste of time and prove my point.....

Its funny u like to use the word debate here, when the meaning of a debate is to use logic in order to persuade people toward your opinion. Opinion being the operative word here. You say want a debate, but dismiss my opinions. You say you want facts i give u facts and insult me. Sir fankly just beacuse we all dont show blind loyalty to Bynum does not rid us of valid insight. You are so very evidently an un-edified, incongruous, moronic and to the up-most egregious monstrosity of mortal twaddle to ever draw such undeserved breathe. I am weary of you. Good day sir!

KBLB2324
votes: 2
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 100
Andrew Bynum usage rate for 2011-12 season: 2.5 (adjusted freethrows), 1.8 (adjusted assist), 5.8 (adjusted shot attempted), 0.8 adjusted turnovers when added together= 10.9 usage rate in the offense round up basically 11 percent stake in the offense which means has not be given the opportunity to be used primarily where Dwight Howard has because he doesn't play with a Kobe, a Lamar Odom, a Pau Gasol, Even a Ron Artest during the 2009-10 season. Dwight Howard usage rate for 2011-12 season: 4.7 (adjusted freethrows), 0.6 (adjsuted assist), 5.9 (adjusted shot attempts) 0.9 (adjusted turnovers) when added together= 12.1 usage rate. The Conclusion: Andrew Bynum when has the ball in his hands for the period of time that he does is more efficient and hos adjusted assists meaning the efficiency he distributes the ball when in his hands, he dictates what the defense does and the defense because of his Superior offensive skill-set he causes more problems for the opposing defense because of his skillset, size, and efficiency...then add in the fact that he is a solid freethrow shooter he causes more disruption for the opposing defense than Howard. Now if you take inconsideration that the Lakers lacked solid three-point shooting to space the floor for Andrew....you get the idea if the Lakers can find quality shooters....Andrew's usage rate will exponentially increase thus allowing more free-throw attempts meaning an Higher per 36, Higher PER and Dominant Seasons for years to come. Now this is Andre as the third option on the team behind Pau and Kobe......Andrew is much more gifted than Dwight is offensively the only problem has been his usage and the fact that Kobe's was near 23.4 or 23.6 why only shooting 43.0% from the floor negates the BIG Man effect. Now Dwight with orlando had the basically the same....

ko8e419
votes: 0
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 72

First Bynum was not the third but second option this year are ur numbers adjusted for that?...also we are talking not only about whos better (howard cmon man reallY?) but whos the better fit. The Princeton offense (the lakers new offense) is all about making the intelligent play, particularly when it involves a nice backdoor cut. Making the extra pass is essential as the team running the offense throws the ball in to the center on either the block or the high post and makes everyone cut to an open spot. According to 82games.com, Howard had a passing rating of 2.0 during the 2011-2012 season and Bynum's was 1.2. As a reference point, Gasol's was 5.0, Kobe's was 5.9 and Nash's was 17.3. Both players would be relied upon to pass the ball more than is customary, which plays into Howard's hands slightly better than Bynum's. Howard is the more unselfish passer of the two, thanks to years of playing kick-out basketball with great shooters As he demonstrated in Orlando's championship run. Bynum isn't the same cutter that Howard is either, and he can't finish as well. Because both players would be moving a lot without the ball, this is the most valuable skill for the center to have. For that reason, Dwight is a much better fit for the offense, even though the offense isn't necessarily a good fit for the Lakers.

ko8e419
votes: 0
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 72

Bro in the end the only thing that matters it the head to head. EVERY OTHER GAME THESE TWO GUYS ARE PLAYING as i like to say "BOO- BOO" centers. No other center in the league is any good besides these two. IF you look at the head to head match up Bynum puts up lesser numbers everytime, for christ sakes hes averaging 8.3 ppg against howard, because howard is a stronger presence in the paint, and overall just better defensively. Which is what the lakers need. There is only one ball, kobe, nash, gasol, ( howard, bynum) we need the player that fills wholes not that adds to our offensive juggernaut status. DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS!

KBLB2324
votes: 2
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 100

First Bynum was not the third but second option this year are ur numbers adjusted for that?...also we are talking not only about whos better (howard cmon man reallY?) but whos the better fit. The Princeton offense (the lakers new offense) is all about making the intelligent play, particularly when it involves a nice backdoor cut. Making the extra pass is essential as the team running the offense throws the ball in to the center on either the block or the high post and makes everyone cut to an open spot. According to 82games.com, Howard had a passing rating of 2.0 during the 2011-2012 season and Bynum's was 1.2. As a reference point, Gasol's was 5.0, Kobe's was 5.9 and Nash's was 17.3. Both players would be relied upon to pass the ball more than is customary, which plays into Howard's hands slightly better than Bynum's. Howard is the more unselfish passer of the two, thanks to years of playing kick-out basketball with great shooters As he demonstrated in Orlando's championship run. Bynum isn't the same cutter that Howard is either, and he can't finish as well. Because both players would be moving a lot without the ball, this is the most valuable skill for the center to have. For that reason, Dwight is a much better fit for the offense, even though the offense isn't necessarily a good fit for the Lakers.

^^^^^

Silly rabbit your statement proves my point and you clearly don't understand adjusted stats or usage rate....your reply waste of brain oxygen.....NEXT...........

ko8e419
votes: 0
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 72

Quote:

Silly rabbit your statement proves my point and you clearly don't understand adjusted stats or usage rate....your reply waste of brain oxygen.....NEXT...........

First of all dont you u ever talk down to me! I understand basketball better then 99% of people on this website. The fact is statistics can be bent any shape you want proving or disproving your point. I under stand Usage rate and I understand Adjusted statistics, but the fact of the matter is Andrew Bynum statistics had to be adjusted because he is the THIRD OPTION. HES NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO BE THE NUMBER 1 option. Why are his rebounding totals lower per minute? That has nothing to do with offensive touches? And my point proved that Howard is the better fit. Silly rabbit Bynums for kids

lakerdude
votes: 36
Laker GM
Posts: 4665
Location: lakerdude

al1 wrote:
Howard vs. Bynum. Defense vs Offense. As far as I'm concerned Defenese wins championships. That in itself should suffice on who should be our starting center, or else why would our FO be pushing for a Howard trade? Can Someone explain how inept our FO must be to want Howard over Bynum? Bynum has a bigger upside/potential at this point, but Howard is a proven superstar and because of that, Howard, has a bigger economic value for the Lakers. IMO On the court Howard's D is imperative at this point over Bynum's "potential".

If defense wins championships, as you say, and Dwight is such a beast defensively, then why don't the Magic have a championship?

LakerFnatic
votes: 0
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 75

Again turning this thread to an argument thread, didn't the starter of the thread ordered it to be a factual thread?

ko8e419
votes: 0
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 72

lakerdude wrote:
al1 wrote:
Howard vs. Bynum. Defense vs Offense. As far as I'm concerned Defenese wins championships. That in itself should suffice on who should be our starting center, or else why would our FO be pushing for a Howard trade? Can Someone explain how inept our FO must be to want Howard over Bynum? Bynum has a bigger upside/potential at this point, but Howard is a proven superstar and because of that, Howard, has a bigger economic value for the Lakers. IMO On the court Howard's D is imperative at this point over Bynum's "potential".

If defense wins championships, as you say, and Dwight is such a beast defensively, then why don't the Magic have a championship?

Because Miami has the best defense....are u sure ur not retarded because ur coming off stupid

KS_v2
votes: 20
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1871

Shaq wrote:
The comparison is simple:

Bynum has higher potential than Howard: He is taller, he can play better defense and grab almost every rebound when he decides to be the "Bynum-beast", he has a wider range of offensive moves, he is better free thrower. He has had some knee problems on the past but so does Howard currently with his back

Taller by an inch or two which can be made up for by athleticism.

He CANNOT play better D.

But yes, he can grab almost any rebound when he feels like it.

LakerFnatic
votes: 0
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 75

Omg can't take it anymore. I don't why people give him the excuse "he could be better if he wants to be." Likes its been said "it happens, when it happens officially." And when it happens it will be when he changes his attitude.

LakerFnatic
votes: 0
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 75

Omg can't take it anymore. I don't why people give him the excuse "he could be better if he wants to be." Likes its been said "it happens, when it happens officially."

lakerdude
votes: 36
Laker GM
Posts: 4665
Location: lakerdude
ko8e419 wrote:
Quote:
If this thread is all about "Statistical Mathematical factual evidence" then Dwight clearly wins. So in other words this is a pointless thread. Dwight's stats are a whole lot better then Bynum's. Oh, and I'd rather keep Bynum!
Quote:
^^^clear example none of you can debate at all....I pity what you all would do on realgm, lakernation, espn, hoopshype.....because you all who come in here critiquing this thread and calling it dumb proves my point I am confident and arrogant that those who have called this thread dumb couldn't last two minutes in a debate on basketball with me so....

ko8e419
votes: 0
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 72

Bynum could be better....DWIGHT IS BETTER why is that so hard People THE MAN DWIGHT HAS 38 ( including playoffs) 20-20s 38!!!!!!!! bynums got 2...C'mon MAN!!! i give up

ALL HAIL BYNUM AND HIS UNDERACHIEVING a** bynums only 2 years younger then dwight im done with making excuses for him like ESPN and TEBOW...Bynum is a certified legit baller, but DWIGHT HOWARD is an absolute BEAST 1st ballot Hall of Famer and the most dominate big man sense Sha1

lakerdude
votes: 36
Laker GM
Posts: 4665
Location: lakerdude

rdg0917 wrote:
KBLB2324 wrote:
HE LOSES!!!!! people plain and simple its not by much buts DWIGHT IS BETTER GET OVER IT go wipe ur self off and come back witha better more factual argument

^^^

Yawn.... I'm too tired to explain what I 'be already have the first few posts....when you bring in stats you have analyze each player's opportuntity, usage rate, shots per game, PER, but you all haven't you all come here and spew out attacks together but each of you can never come alone and challenge me in all phases of statstics that I've named and name previously so like I said it's cute when you all come in little pig hoards and try to bombard an thread but unlike the others until you all come correct and debate objectively then you all are a waste of time and prove my point.....

Man you've got to be the worst person I've seen to debate on this site. Bring stats! Bring stats! My boy just gave you stats and you ignored them. Close this thread. Absolute joke.

I think he is being a great debater on this thread. I love that he made this thread. I actually want to and will rep him for it it. REPPED!!!!

KS_v2
votes: 20
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1871

lakerdude wrote:

If defense wins championships, as you say, and Dwight is such a beast defensively, then why don't the Magic have a championship?

LBJ, DWade are superb perimeter defenders. Haslem and Bosh can hold their own.

Dwight is a superb interior defender. None of the other magic players can even make a good offensive player change direction well enough.....

Also, Magic wasn't ever the best defensive team in the L. It belonged to the Celts the last few years ( with the Lakers coming up for a few months before they went back to their old habits ) and now the Heat.

lakerdude
votes: 36
Laker GM
Posts: 4665
Location: lakerdude

ko8e419 wrote:
lakerdude wrote:
al1 wrote:
Howard vs. Bynum. Defense vs Offense. As far as I'm concerned Defenese wins championships. That in itself should suffice on who should be our starting center, or else why would our FO be pushing for a Howard trade? Can Someone explain how inept our FO must be to want Howard over Bynum? Bynum has a bigger upside/potential at this point, but Howard is a proven superstar and because of that, Howard, has a bigger economic value for the Lakers. IMO On the court Howard's D is imperative at this point over Bynum's "potential".

If defense wins championships, as you say, and Dwight is such a beast defensively, then why don't the Magic have a championship?

Because Miami has the best defense....are u sure ur not retarded because ur coming off stupid

All I hear is that Howard is the best defensive player in the league, yet it has resulted in squat. You'd think from what you posted that he has 2 or 3 rings by now. BTW, please don't call me stupid or at the least, that I come off that way. Your comments are weak dude. Please come up with some god points for a change. It would make for a better discussion....

KS_v2
votes: 20
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1871

lakerdude wrote:

Howard 32 minutes per game average

Bynum 26 minutes per game average.

Howard has always been the number 1 option

Bynum in his best year, last year, was just the 2nd or 3rd option

8 less minutes per game leads to lower stats

Bynum wins.....

The problem being Howard can play heavy minutes without looking gassed out. Bynum can't play heavy minutes on back to back games like Howard can. I've been saying for a long time that Bynum's stamina isn't good enough yet but you simply don't seem to get it. EVEN BYNUM COMMENTED ABOUT THE FATIGUE ISSUE AFTER A FEW GAMES WHEN HE PLAYED HEAVY MINUTES OR EXERTED A LOT OF EFFORT IN 28-30 MINUTES!

BTW, just want to know, please rate Bynum vs Howard for the following categories. I've broken down both sides of the court so it's easier. If you wanna add a few more meaningful and legit categories do so. So, here goes :

  1. PnR D.

  2. Interior D.

  3. Transition D.

  4. Passing.

  5. Post O

  6. Ball Handling

  7. Rebounds.

  8. Consistency

  9. Durability.

10.FT shooting

  1. PnR O and Transition O.

BTW, I've left out the loyalty and attitude issues since both are prima-donas.

ko8e419
votes: 0
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 72

Quote:
Howard 32 minutes per game average

Bynum 26 minutes per game average.

Howard has always been the number 1 option

Bynum in his best year, last year, was just the 2nd or 3rd option

8 less minutes per game leads to lower stats

Bynum wins.....

Second or 3rd option actually helps him!!...Dwight is doubled every single time down the flour. Teams prepare solely to stop him, make the rest of the team beat us! Bynum succeeds when hes 1 v 1 in the post, but struggles with doubles. Can you imagine when a team has to deal not only with Dwight but Kobe, and then Nash on the perimeter. Bynum cannot get out or pass out of a double team at this point in his career and it will sorely show when he is the primary focus and center piece of the opposing teams defense game plan.

While being the only good player on his team

Dwight leads the NBA AMONG CENTERS. When Dwight has the likes of 3 other allstars on his team and he is not singled out every possession i cant imagine the efficiency.

in efficiency #1

Points #1

Rebounds #1

Steals #1

Blocks #2

Bynum

Efficiency #2

Points #3

Rebounds #2

Blocks #5

Steals #39

KS_v2
votes: 20
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1871

lakerdude wrote:

All I hear is that Howard is the best defensive player in the league, yet it has resulted in squat. You'd think from what you posted that he has 2 or 3 rings by now. BTW, please don't call me stupid or at the least, that I come off that way. Your comments are weak dude. Please come up with some god points for a change. It would make for a better discussion....

The CELTICS HAVE HAD the best team D the last few years.

The Magic, despite NOT having ANY good perimeter OR post defenders except Howard, have managed to stay in the top 10 defensively.

Explain how it's not because of howard but because of the exceptional defensive ability of Nelson, Big Baby, Hedo or Ryan or Gilbert or Barnes or Pietrus or even Van Gundy's defensive setup.

I'll be waiting for a long long time.

ko8e419
votes: 0
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 72

Quote:

All I hear is that Howard is the best defensive player in the league, yet it has resulted in squat. You'd think from what you posted that he has 2 or 3 rings by now. BTW, please don't call me stupid or at the least, that I come off that way. Your comments are weak dude. Please come up with some god points for a change. It would make for a better discussion....

TEAM DEFENSE is what matters are u seriously suggesting that Miami is not the best defense team in the NBA? Ill call u stupid when ur being stupid ur IQ is about 48 right now!!!!!

KS_v2
votes: 20
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1871

ko8e419 wrote:

Second or 3rd option actually helps him!!...Dwight is doubled every single time down the flour. Teams prepare solely to stop him, make the rest of the team beat us! Bynum succeeds when hes 1 v 1 in the post, but struggles with doubles. Can you imagine when a team has to deal not only with Dwight but Kobe, and then Nash on the perimeter. Bynum cannot get out or pass out of a double team at this point in his career and it will sorely show when he is the primary focus and center piece of the opposing teams defense game plan.

While being the only good player on his team

Dwight leads the NBA AMONG CENTERS. When Dwight has the likes of 3 other allstars on his team and he is not singled out every possession i cant imagine the efficiency.

There is ONE problem. We're the worst 3pt shooting team aside from the Bobcats me thinks.

That'd wash out the significant Kobe-Pau factor that Bynum has IMO.

TimboLaker
votes: 0
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 59

us.gif

^^^^^^ Knows His stuff.

lakerdude
votes: 36
Laker GM
Posts: 4665
Location: lakerdude

KS_v2 wrote:
lakerdude wrote:

All I hear is that Howard is the best defensive player in the league, yet it has resulted in squat. You'd think from what you posted that he has 2 or 3 rings by now. BTW, please don't call me stupid or at the least, that I come off that way. Your comments are weak dude. Please come up with some god points for a change. It would make for a better discussion....

The CELTICS HAVE HAD the best team D the last few years.

The Magic, despite NOT having ANY good perimeter OR post defenders except Howard, have managed to stay in the top 10 defensively.

Explain how it's not because of howard but because of the exceptional defensive ability of Nelson, Big Baby, Hedo or Ryan or Gilbert or Barnes or Pietrus or even Van Gundy's defensive setup.

I'll be waiting for a long long time.

I'm just saying that Howards awesome defensive play hasn't resulted in anything. Am I wrong?

ko8e419
votes: 0
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 72

KS_v2 wrote:
ko8e419 wrote:

Second or 3rd option actually helps him!!...Dwight is doubled every single time down the flour. Teams prepare solely to stop him, make the rest of the team beat us! Bynum succeeds when hes 1 v 1 in the post, but struggles with doubles. Can you imagine when a team has to deal not only with Dwight but Kobe, and then Nash on the perimeter. Bynum cannot get out or pass out of a double team at this point in his career and it will sorely show when he is the primary focus and center piece of the opposing teams defense game plan.

While being the only good player on his team

Dwight leads the NBA AMONG CENTERS. When Dwight has the likes of 3 other allstars on his team and he is not singled out every possession i cant imagine the efficiency.

There is ONE problem. We're the worst 3pt shooting team aside from the Bobcats me thinks.

That'd wash out the significant Kobe-Pau factor that Bynum has IMO.

Theres ONE MORE PROBLEM! the fact that we didnt have a point guard last year worthy enough to penetrate and find open shooters where they like the ball...Nash made gortat look like an allstar and Jared Dudley look like a three point champ.

You forget that we added Nash a career 43% 3 points shooter thats about as good as it gets along with Jamison career 34%

Metta a career 34%

and Kobe A Career 34%

and possibly Meeks a career 37%

With kobe getting wide open looks with Nash and hopefully Howard who will be double teamed and actually be able to pass Kobe or the open man the ball without getting a turn over we wont be the worst shooting team i the league

ko8e419
votes: 0
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 72

lakerdude wrote:
KS_v2 wrote:
lakerdude wrote:

All I hear is that Howard is the best defensive player in the league, yet it has resulted in squat. You'd think from what you posted that he has 2 or 3 rings by now. BTW, please don't call me stupid or at the least, that I come off that way. Your comments are weak dude. Please come up with some god points for a change. It would make for a better discussion....

The CELTICS HAVE HAD the best team D the last few years.

The Magic, despite NOT having ANY good perimeter OR post defenders except Howard, have managed to stay in the top 10 defensively.

Explain how it's not because of howard but because of the exceptional defensive ability of Nelson, Big Baby, Hedo or Ryan or Gilbert or Barnes or Pietrus or even Van Gundy's defensive setup.

I'll be waiting for a long long time.

I'm just saying that Howards awesome defensive play hasn't resulted in anything. Am I wrong?

A trip to the finals with a shitty team...

Lebrons awesome all around play didnt give him a championship till now does that mean hes not the best all around player in the game?

Does the fact that adam morrison have two rings mean his contributions a better then howards?

Dan Marino never won a ring is he not a top5 QB of all time ...ur logic sucks

KS_v2
votes: 20
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1871

lakerdude wrote:

I'm just saying that Howards awesome defensive play hasn't resulted in anything. Am I wrong?

Yes. You're wrong.

Luckily, the rest of the world realizes what's right......

lakerdude
votes: 36
Laker GM
Posts: 4665
Location: lakerdude

Howards stats as the number one option last year with the Magic: 20, 14 and 2

Bynum's stats last year as the number one option, the 7 games Kobe was out: 23, 14, and 2.

This at least gives a glimpse as to what Bynum can bring to the table if he was the number one dude. He trumps Howard in points, and is equal to Howard on boards and blocks...

KS_v2
votes: 20
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1871

ko8e419 wrote:

Theres ONE MORE PROBLEM! the fact that we didnt have a point guard last year worthy enough to penetrate and find open shooters where they like the ball...

With kobe getting wide open looks with Nash and hopefully Howard who will be double teamed and actually be able to pass Kobe or the open man the ball without getting a turn over we wont be the worst shooting team i the league

As long as the spacing issue isn't corrected, I don't see how a very good penetrating PG can help us out without breaking the O.

MikeB needs to polish the O plays by training camp or I'll be very very pissed.

KS_v2
votes: 20
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1871

ko8e419 wrote:

A trip to the finals with a shitty team...

Lebrons awesome all around play didnt give him a championship till now does that mean hes not the best all around player in the game?

Does the fact that adam morrison have two rings mean his contributions a better then howards?

Dan Marino never won a ring is he not a top5 QB of all time ...ur logic sucks

Just wanted to say that the Magic, in addition to Howard's defensive presence, also got hot from 3 at the right time in the POs.

ko8e419
votes: 0
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 72

lakerdude wrote:
Howards stats as the number one option last year with the Magic: 20, 14 and 2

Bynum's stats last year as the number one option, the 7 games Kobe was out: 23, 14, and 2.

This at least gives a glimpse as to what Bynum can bring to the table if he was the number one dude. Better stats than Howard....

1st. who did Bynum play

2nd. 7 games is not enough statistical data for their to be an accurate regression to the mean to take place he could have averaged 45 in those games doesnt give an accurate picture.

KS_v2
votes: 20
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1871

lakerdude wrote:
Howards stats as the number one option last year with the Magic: 20, 14 and 2

Bynum's stats last year as the number one option, the 7 games Kobe was out: 23, 14, and 2.

This at least gives a glimpse as to what Bynum can bring to the table if he was the number one dude. He trumps Howard in points, and is equal to Howard on boards and blocks...

43% FG% Bynum as the 1 option with Kobe out.

56% FG% Howard as the 1 option even with the Magic bench.

Wonder why you don't realize that it's a bad way to show Bynum's strength even though you get pummeled every time you bring that point up..... roll

lakerdude
votes: 36
Laker GM
Posts: 4665
Location: lakerdude

ko8e419 wrote:
lakerdude wrote:
Howards stats as the number one option last year with the Magic: 20, 14 and 2

Bynum's stats last year as the number one option, the 7 games Kobe was out: 23, 14, and 2.

This at least gives a glimpse as to what Bynum can bring to the table if he was the number one dude. Better stats than Howard....

1st. who did Bynum play

2nd. 7 games is not enough statistical data for their to be an accurate regression to the mean to take place he could have averaged 45 in those games doesnt give an accurate picture.

That's why I wrote the word glimpse. I know for a fact that no one can conclude that Howard produces better numbers than Drew when they are both the main option. It's only 7 games, but that's all I can go on. If I could put stats up with him being the main option for at least one season I would, but I can't. Bynum always has had Kobe on his team, except for those 7 games. That's all I can fall on. It is still a stat, and deserves to be looked at....

ko8e419
votes: 0
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 72

No that stat can absolutely be thrown out ....in highschools in games i played with white shoes at home i averaged 27.6 points per game

ko8e419
votes: 0
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 72

lakerdude wrote:
ko8e419 wrote:
lakerdude wrote:
Howards stats as the number one option last year with the Magic: 20, 14 and 2

Bynum's stats last year as the number one option, the 7 games Kobe was out: 23, 14, and 2.

This at least gives a glimpse as to what Bynum can bring to the table if he was the number one dude. Better stats than Howard....

1st. who did Bynum play

2nd. 7 games is not enough statistical data for their to be an accurate regression to the mean to take place he could have averaged 45 in those games doesnt give an accurate picture.

That's why I wrote the word glimpse. I know for a fact that no one can conclude that Howard produces better numbers than Drew when they are both the main option. It's only 7 games, but that's all I can go on. If I could put stats up with him being the main option for at least one season I would, but I can't. Bynum always has had Kobe on his team, except for those 7 games. That's all I can fall on. It is still a stat, and deserves to be looked at....

Again who were the teams he played

KS_v2
votes: 20
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1871

BTW Lakerdude, answers for my categories?? Neutral

Anyways, I for one have decided I'll be pretty happy with either of them......Howard would be the icing on the cake but we SHOULD atleast reach the Finals with the current roster with a good coaching philosophy.

I hope MikeB implements teh flex O.......

lakerdude
votes: 36
Laker GM
Posts: 4665
Location: lakerdude

KS_v2 wrote:
lakerdude wrote:
Howards stats as the number one option last year with the Magic: 20, 14 and 2

Bynum's stats last year as the number one option, the 7 games Kobe was out: 23, 14, and 2.

This at least gives a glimpse as to what Bynum can bring to the table if he was the number one dude. He trumps Howard in points, and is equal to Howard on boards and blocks...

43% FG% Bynum as the 1 option with Kobe out.

56% FG% Howard as the 1 option even with the Magic bench.

Wonder why you don't realize that it's a bad way to show Bynum's strength even though you get pummeled every time you bring that point up..... roll

If you knew anything at all, you would know that it takes more than 7 games as the main option to be able to adjust to different defenses and teams. If he shot that % for a full season, I would be with you. I have no doubt that his shooting % would increase the more times he played with that role. Howard has been fortunate enough to have that role for what, 7 years. Drew has had only 7 games. Come on dude...

KS_v2
votes: 20
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1871

ko8e419 wrote:

Again who were the teams he played

Think he played the Spurs thrice and GSW once?? Don't remember the other teams.

He had a splendid 30-30 game vs the Spurs once. Was very subdued in the other two meetings.

But that 30-30 game was really awesome one by Bynum.

ko8e419
votes: 0
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 72

KS_v2 wrote:
ko8e419 wrote:

Again who were the teams he played

Think he played the Spurs thrice and GSW once?? Don't remember the other teams.

He had a splendid 30-30 game vs the Spurs once. Was very subdued in the other two meetings.

But that 30-30 game was really awesome one by Bynum.

Spurs have no center, though Goldenstate is a team of PGs and SGs lol

Look Either way lakers are in great shape!

Bynum is just second fiddle to Dwight i dont konw why people are so against saying that its really strange. I look at head to head match up when comparing positions every single time they have played eachother

Dwight has led in Points, Rebounds (except once), Assists, and blocks flip flop

KS_v2
votes: 20
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1871

lakerdude wrote:

If you knew anything at all, you would know that it takes more than 7 games as the main option to be able to adjust to different defenses and teams. If he shot that % for a full season, I would be with you. I have no doubt that his shooting % would increase the more times he played with that role. Howard has been fortunate enough to have that role for what, 7 years. Drew has had only 7 games. Come on dude...

I do know that. Which is why I didn't start with that and pile up **** about Bynum. Because it's an idiotic parameter to judge Bynum when used by either Bynum lovers or Howard fans.

I just pointed it out once you mentioned it. Also.....

Quote:
It is still a stat, and deserves to be looked at....

I wonder who was the guy who said that?? I was just giving those stats, which do deserve to be looked at in your opinion, proper "perspective". roll

KS_v2
votes: 20
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1871

ko8e419 wrote:

Spurs have no center, though Goldenstate is a team of PGs and SGs lol

Look Either way lakers are in great shape!

Bynum is just second fiddle to Dwight i dont konw why people are so against saying that its really strange. I look at head to head match up when comparing positions every single time they have played eachother

Dwight has led in Points, Rebounds (except once), Assists, and blocks flip flop

Spurs are a decent enough team. And getting 30-30 is no easy feat. It definitely is one that deserves to be applauded. Against any team. That shows effort ( even though I remember him getting 5-6 OReb off his own misses quite easily without anyone on the other team contesting him Razz but still, that means he outhustled everyone. )

BTW, not many people here are saying Bynum is on par or better than Dwight. Only a few guys are. They're just being more vocal about it.

ko8e419
votes: 0
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 72

KS_v2 wrote:
ko8e419 wrote:

Spurs have no center, though Goldenstate is a team of PGs and SGs lol

Look Either way lakers are in great shape!

Bynum is just second fiddle to Dwight i dont konw why people are so against saying that its really strange. I look at head to head match up when comparing positions every single time they have played eachother

Dwight has led in Points, Rebounds (except once), Assists, and blocks flip flop

Spurs are a decent enough team. And getting 30-30 is no easy feat. It definitely is one that deserves to be applauded. Against any team. That shows effort ( even though I remember him getting 5-6 OReb off his own misses quite easily without anyone on the other team contesting him Razz but still, that means he outhustled everyone. )

BTW, not many people here are saying Bynum is on par or better than Dwight. Only a few guys are. They're just being more vocal about it.

Dwight 38 (including playoffs) 20-20 games thats a no easy feat!

Bynum has i believe 2

KS_v2
votes: 20
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1871

ko8e419 wrote:

Dwight 38 (including playoffs) 20-20 games thats a no easy feat!

Bynum has i believe 2

I never did disagree with you right? wink

lakerdude
votes: 36
Laker GM
Posts: 4665
Location: lakerdude

Ko8e419 wrote: Again who were the teams he played

Lakerdude writes: Suns, Hornets, Spurs, Nuggets, Mavericks, Spurs again, and the Warriors. So what's your point? He was basically a rookie as the main option. If you guys are actually souring on the performances he had during that stretch going 5 and 2 then you are just haters, He didn't stink up the joint.

The team actually played better with him as the focal point during that span than they did all season. Barnes was great, Gasol and Bynum were awesome together. Metta played great. Blake and even Ebanks performed better than usual. Go watch the games again. The team ball was fantastic. It was fun to watch.

Give the reigns to him for a full season and you will be pleasantly surprised. I'm telling you, the Lakers not making it to the finals was not Drews fault, and Howard would not have done any better in my opinion. I seriously can't wait to see Bynum as the leader someday. It will definitely settle this argument one way or another..


Options Quick Reply: RE: Godzilla vs Superman(Bizzaro)
register
You are an anonymous user- or .
Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
Notify me when a reply is posted
Don't Check Spelling
Note: Twitter & Youtube BBCODE Tags are no longer necessary. The system will automatically convert links to tweets & youtube videos.
   


   
   
register
You are an anonymous user- Register now or Log in Now!