Godzilla vs Superman(Bizzaro)

Lakers Forum » Locked Topics / Trash Bin
Author Search This Topic:
 
KBLB2324
votes: 2
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 100


Repped High Quality Post

There has been too many debates on this site about why they dislike Bynum and why they want Howard....why they dislike Howard and why they want Bynum......Most of the Reasons have been based off of personal venom and not a pure basketball standpoint....well this is the first and only thread that will deal with complete basketball knowledge scouting, strengths and weaknesses of both players.....Please don't post in this thread unless you bring complete wise knowledge from a basketball standpoint. Let the Challenge Begin!!!!!!!!!! ( If any wondering why i chose bizzaro is because Shaquille is the original and that name is retired in Lakerlore)

KBLB2324
votes: 2
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 100

I'll start......

Andrew Bynum Statistics Generated Scouting Report

Andrew Bynum is adequate scoring

Takes an average amount of shots

Can get to the free throw line

Average free throw shooter

Not a good jump shooter

Poor driving to the basket

Amazing post up game

Weak in transition

Andrew Bynum is outstanding on the offensive board

Does a great job on the defensive glass

Andrew Bynum is an average passer

Weak handling the ball

Andrew Bynum does a poor job in the passing lanes

Outstanding shot blocking force

Solid defender of outside shots

Bad perimeter defender

Terrific post defender

Weak guarding in transition

Andrew Bynum has outstanding strength

Not very quick

Andrew Bynum is an outstanding basketball player with all star talent

KBLB2324
votes: 2
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 100

Dwight Howard Statistics Generated Scouting Report

Dwight Howard has amazing scoring ability

Will definitely look to shoot

Gets to the line at will

Not a good free throw shooter

Poor from the outside

Weak driving to the basket

Amazing post up game

Excellent on the fast break

Dwight Howard is excellent on the offensive glass

Sensational defensive rebounder

Dwight Howard is not a real passer

Bad ball handling skills

Dwight Howard is outstanding forcing turnovers

Very good shot blocker

Amazing outside defender

Solid at stopping dribble penetration

Terrific post defender

Outstanding defense in transition

Dwight Howard has outstanding strength

Extremely quick player

Dwight Howard is a fantastic basketball player with superstar ability

KBLB2324
votes: 2
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 100

Total Minutes played (Andrew Bynum) :10,174

Total FGM-A:1,823-3,221

KBLB2324
votes: 2
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 100

Total Minutes played (Dwight Howard) :22,459

Total FGM-A :4,034-6,988

Bishop-Havoc
votes: 19
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1872

us.gif

Dwight should be Captain Marvel lol nonetheless, either one can put in the work. Bynum plays closest to the prototypical C than Howard does, but Howard is what I would say is a new age C that has good quickness, good reaction time, and very athletic. Bynum is very good at what he does, and could be great. He can be a good post player, with a lot of skill capable of dominating the paint.

Shaq
votes: 25
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 887

The comparison is simple:

Bynum has higher potential than Howard: He is taller, he can play better defense and grab almost every rebound when he decides to be the "Bynum-beast", he has a wider range of offensive moves, he is better free thrower. He has had some knee problems on the past but so does Howard currently with his back

The only thing that makes Howard a more preferable option is that he is more consistent. He will play excellent defense, he will score many points, he will grab lots of rebounds in most games. He will put his max effort in ALL his games. Bynum seems not to care about the team. He is not a team player. He cares most about his individual statistics and career. He doesn't even seem to bother when we lose sometimes. This is why I would prefer Howard over Bynum. I can imagine a future LA squad with Howard as the leader. I cannot imagine a future LA squad with the self-centered Bynum as the main thing.

KBLB2324
votes: 2
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 100

The scouting reports are actual NBA scouting reports on each player

KBLB2324
votes: 2
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 100

Shaq wrote:
The comparison is simple:

Bynum has higher potential than Howard: He is taller, he can play better defense and grab almost every rebound when he decides to be the "Bynum-beast", he has a wider range of offensive moves, he is better free thrower. He has had some knee problems on the past but so does Howard currently with his back

The only thing that makes Howard a more preferable option is that he is more consistent. He will play excellent defense, he will score many points, he will grab lots of rebounds in most games. He will put his max effort in ALL his games. Bynum seems not to care about the team. He is not a team player. He cares most about his individual statistics and career. He doesn't even seem to bother when we lose sometimes. This is why I would prefer Howard over Bynum. I can imagine a future LA squad with Howard as the leader. I cannot imagine a future LA squad with the self-centered Bynum as the main thing.

Sorry this not based on personal feelings but just from pure basketball standpoint

Shaq
votes: 25
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 887

KBLB2324 wrote:
Shaq wrote:
The comparison is simple:

Bynum has higher potential than Howard: He is taller, he can play better defense and grab almost every rebound when he decides to be the "Bynum-beast", he has a wider range of offensive moves, he is better free thrower. He has had some knee problems on the past but so does Howard currently with his back

The only thing that makes Howard a more preferable option is that he is more consistent. He will play excellent defense, he will score many points, he will grab lots of rebounds in most games. He will put his max effort in ALL his games. Bynum seems not to care about the team. He is not a team player. He cares most about his individual statistics and career. He doesn't even seem to bother when we lose sometimes. This is why I would prefer Howard over Bynum. I can imagine a future LA squad with Howard as the leader. I cannot imagine a future LA squad with the self-centered Bynum as the main thing.

Sorry this not based on personal feelings but just from pure basketball standpoint

Do you disagree in any of the points I mentioned????

Bynum:

1) Wider range of offensive moves

2) Better free thrower

3) Can be a beast

4) taller

but

1) knee problems

2) not team player

3) doesn't put max effort in all his games

Howard:

1) max effort in all his games

2) team player

3) consistent

but

1) bad free thrower

2) only few offesnive moves

MrMojo112
votes: 38
LNS HOF Bronze

Posts: 9565

calif.gif

I thought Drew was the Kraken? Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_42. Dwight should be Sentry, Marvel's schizophrenic Superman knockoff.

Anyways, here's some some head to head stats straight from basketballreference.com.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... =howardw01

KBLB2324
votes: 2
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 100

Do you disagree in any of the points I mentioned????

Bynum:

1) Wider range of offensive moves

2) Better free thrower

3) Can be a beast

4) taller

but

1) knee problems

2) not team player

3) doesn't put max effort in all his games

Howard:

1) max effort in all his games

2) team player

3) consistent

but

1) bad free thrower

2) only few offesnive moves

^^ But you now must add Back injury to the negative with Howard now.....plus age

Shaq
votes: 25
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 887

KBLB2324 wrote:

^^ But you now must add Back injury to the negative with Howard now.....plus age

I did not add this because they "cancel out" with Bynum's knee problems

Plus, the age difference is only 1.5-2 years and both players are around 26-27 so that's not an important basketball criterion at the moment...

ko8e419
votes: 0
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 72

ive said this before but

Bynum = Melo

Howard = Lebron

bynum- cant pass out of double teams, has the maturity of a 14 year old and is completely and utterly not a "put out" Guy as a seal instructor would say. His footwork is notable and has great hands, but his lack in mental fortitude over shadows his erratic star studded performances. Bynum has a lot of moves, but that gets him into trouble when he needs to quick decision or react quickly because his basketball IQ hasnt or maybe never will catch up with his physical skill. This is evident in his numerous turn overs down the stretch when he gets doubled or in a tight spot. His free throws are better then howards, but then again i believe we had this one big dude named Shaq who sucked at freethrows as well. Over All the difference at this level of basketball competition are extremely small. THe differnce between JR Smith and Kobe in terms of physical skill set is equivalent if not more in the favor of JR...what does KObe have that JR doesnt the absolute drive to win, to dominate, every position, every game, every season. THats why kobe is kobe, and jr is jr.

Which Highlights the falsity in some fans imaginary thinking that Bynum's ceiling is higher then Dwighs. The dude is 24 yes, but in todays world rookie points, and rookie quarterbacks alike are expected to preform day 1. Bynum is in year 7. His ceiling is only has high as his attitude toward the game allows him to reach. Dwight has the killer instinct more so then Bynum and wants to win a chip more then bynum. Dwight is more athletic and in a offense that last year struggled to get shots off before the 24 second violation, at points in the season, we dont need a guy that posts up traditional and sucks the clock down, we need a guy that is moving and active, that runs down the floor.

KBLB2324
votes: 2
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 100

For Andrew's first 7 seasons he's averaged 25.7 minutes per game (as the Fourth Option w Odom)....... while in the three seasons as the Fourth Option he only averaged a combined 8.6 FG per game (08-10)

KBLB2324
votes: 2
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 100

Shaq wrote:
KBLB2324 wrote:

^^ But you now must add Back injury to the negative with Howard now.....plus age

I did not add this because they "cancel out" with Bynum's knee problems

Plus, the age difference is only 1.5-2 years and both players are around 26-27 so that's not an important basketball criterion at the moment...

Bynum turns 25 some time this year while dwight turns 27.....plus minutes it is a big difference.

Shaq
votes: 25
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 887

Does anybody of you remember Bynum's 1st game after returning from his ban (the game was against Denver). This is what I mean when I say Bynum's potential is higher.

KBLB2324
votes: 2
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 100
Bynum = Melo Howard = Lebron bynum- cant pass out of double teams, has the maturity of a 14 year old and is completely and utterly not a "put out" Guy as a seal instructor would say. His footwork is notable and has great hands, but his lack in mental fortitude over shadows his erratic star studded performances. Bynum has a lot of moves, but that gets him into trouble when he needs to quick decision or react quickly because his basketball IQ hasnt or maybe never will catch up with his physical skill. This is evident in his numerous turn overs down the stretch when he gets doubled or in a tight spot. His free throws are better then howards, but then again i believe we had this one big dude named Shaq who sucked at freethrows as well. Over All the difference at this level of basketball competition are extremely small. THe differnce between JR Smith and Kobe in terms of physical skill set is equivalent if not more in the favor of JR...what does KObe have that JR doesnt the absolute drive to win, to dominate, every position, every game, every season. THats why kobe is kobe, and jr is jr. Which Highlights the falsity in some fans imaginary thinking that Bynum's ceiling is higher then Dwighs. The dude is 24 yes, but in todays world rookie points, and rookie quarterbacks alike are expected to preform day 1. Bynum is in year 7. His ceiling is only has high as his attitude toward the game allows him to reach. Dwight has the killer instinct more so then Bynum and wants to win a chip more then bynum. Dwight is more athletic and in a offense that last year struggled to get shots off before the 24 second violation, at....

KBLB2324
votes: 2
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 100

Shaq wrote:
Does anybody of you remember Bynum's 1st game after returning from his ban (the game was against Denver). This is what I mean when I say Bynum's potential is higher.

yeah he had 29pts 13 rebs 2 blk 1 stl 1 a** FGM-A: 13 - 18 32 min

ko8e419
votes: 0
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 72

I want who ever is better now not gonna be....why not sign Damon Harge the 8th grade prodigy he has the potential to be Michael jordan

KBLB2324
votes: 2
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 100

ko8e419 wrote:
I want who ever is better now not gonna be....why not sign Damon Harge the 8th grade prodigy he has the potential to be Michael jordan

Bring statsitical factual evidence for every point you make including each players roles on their perpective teams during each of their Seven seasons playing basketball.....Weigh every measurable circumstance it's effect on minutes, shots made, shots attempted, and it's effect on pts, rebs, a**, blks.......If not leave this thread don't ruin it

kb24_4life
votes: 50
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 6189

us.gif

That's all that separates Kobe and JR Smith, their mentality? Please tell me you're not serious ko8e.

KBLB2324
votes: 2
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 100

kb24_4life wrote:
That's all that separates Kobe and JR Smith, their mentality? Please tell me you're not serious ko8e.

Brother don't even waste the brain oxygen cells....This thread is totally based on Statistical Mathematical factual evidence including skillset, scouting reports from general managers....and comparison by comparison from both players up to this standpoint.

ko8e419
votes: 0
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 72

kb24_4life wrote:
That's all that separates Kobe and JR Smith, their mentality? Please tell me you're not serious ko8e.

Yes...

Does kobe jump higher? Is kobe faster? Does kobe have larger hands and wingspan?

If you on paper did a combine work out had player X and Player Y took away their names you couldnt pick out kobe!

the difference is kobes mentallity pushed him to be great, he practiced more, shot more, worked harder then JR smith thats why hes better not because he was born better.

Andrew Bynum has a highschool mentality about basketball he does it because its fun, and he makes a lot of money! totally different from the elite players mentality to the game. He has not even come close to reaching his potential because of his mentality, and as of yet that i dont think he will change his mentality why would he? he has 2 chips and a max contract waiting for him, in his mind he doesnt need to change his game. He is complacent thats the difference.

And please tell me how basketball is not mental? you think that a jump shot is only form and statics its mental, the game of basketball is 90% mental at the NBA level because everyone is already such a great athlete. Therefore me mentioning his mental game is more then valid in this argument because "The mind is what separates elite players from very good players." a very good friend of mine a coach i used to work out with said that his name is phil handy OH WAIT u guys might now him as Lakers head of player development thats wierd i guess the fact that ive worked out with and been mentored by NBA coaches makes me not know what im talking about....

ko8e419
votes: 0
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 72

Proof? andrew bynum shoots a 3 and laughs about it....laughs at his teammate getting dunked on...doesnt join team huddles...disapears is countless games on offense and defense how is that an opinion if its factually accurate?

IM THROWN OUT? u said from a basketball standpoint. about strengths and weaknesses how is bynums basketball IQ and mentality toward the game not a weakness in his game?

Shaq
votes: 25
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 887

I do not want this to evolve into a Kobe's skills debate, but you cannot simply argue that what separates Kobe from JR is the mentality. Kobe is one of the most talented players I have ever seen, probably the 3rd in the row after Magic and Jordan. You cannot support that he is the best player of the last 15 years just because he is the cleverest and has the best mentality. There are other things that make him the best as well

Similiarly, Bynum perhaps has not the same attitude and "mentality" as Howard has, neither his work-ethics. However, I believe that as far as basketball is concerned, he is far more talented even though he does not reguarly show this

thatguyoverthere
votes: 13
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1939
Andrew Bynum Speed: Faster than he looks, but not fast enough to keep up with speedier guards. Passing: Still needs some more work at passing out of double teams. Offensive Moves: Has more moves in his arsenal than Howard. Stamina: Still needs work, but getting better each year. Ability to Create own Shot: Has ability to do so, but is still limited in this regard and doesn't get to the free-throw line as often as Howard. Unknown whether the system he plays in has a hand in this. Effect of teammates: Has Kobe to draw double teams and has Pau Gasol and to a lesser extent, Kobe creating scoring opportunities for Bynum. Free-Throw Shooting: Slightly below-average free-throw shooter. Consistency: Inconsistent. His attitude holds him down at times. Ability to not be the first option: He played behind Kobe for years and still is. Ability to play in unfavorable system: He played with one of the worst 3-point shooting teams in the NBA, which allowed less spacing for him and his teammates to operate. Injury status: History of injuries, but coming off of an injury-free year. Rapport with teammates: Seems aloof, has occasionally had shaky relationships with teammates, some of which had to do with his attitude. Has chemistry with the current core of the Lakers. Potential: Still has untapped potential. Has yet to reach it all. Dwight Howard Speed: Fast, can keep up with some speedy guards. Passing: Already proficient at passing out of double teams. Offensive Moves: Has few moves he can rely on, relies heavily on his athleticism. Stamina: Very good stamina, can play heavy minutes without incident. Ability to Create own Shot: Proficient at creating own shot, gets to the free-throw line often. Unknown whether the system he plays in has a hand in this. Effect of teammates: Has no teammate that draws double teams. Has Jameer Nelson and Hedo Turkoglu creating scoring opportunities for him. Free-Throw Shooting:....

ko8e419
votes: 0
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 72

Shaq wrote:
I do not want this to evolve into a Kobe's skills debate, but you cannot simply argue that what separates Kobe from JR is the mentality. Kobe is one of the most talented players I have ever seen, probably the 3rd in the row after Magic and Jordan. You cannot support that he is the best player of the last 15 years just because he is the cleverest and has the best mentality. There are other things that make him the best as well

Similiarly, Bynum perhaps has not the same attitude and "mentality" as Howard has, neither his work-ethics. However, I believe that as far as basketball is concerned, he is far more talented even though he does not reguarly show this

See thats ur lack of basketball knowledge right there! Mentality is what makes players great because no one is born great. Jordan is the best not only because he is physically gifted, but because he out worked his competition in the gym, shooting everyday. U are giving to much credit to his natural ability. Jordan made himself great with hard work. He would slap u in the face if you told him u thought he was good because anything besides his drive to make him self better every single day! Andrew doesnt care about getting better and becoming great as much as Kobe or Michael did, that is called mentality. EVery hear that Jordan refused to lose? Thats why hes great! Their not talking about skill my friend

ko8e419
votes: 0
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 72

You think him playing through the flu had anything to do with skill? Thats mental fortitude. Andrew Bynum would have sat that game out. Kobe would have played through it, i believe dwight is far closer to that type of killer mentality then bynum thats why he is and will continue to be better

Shaq
votes: 25
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 887

ko8e419 wrote:

See thats ur lack of basketball knowledge right there! Mentality is what makes players great because no one is born great. Jordan is the best not only because he is physically gifted, but because he out worked his competition in the gym, shooting everyday. U are giving to much credit to his natural ability. Jordan made himself great with hard work. He would slap u in the face if you told him u thought he was good because anything besides his drive to make him self better every single day! Andrew doesnt care about getting better and becoming great as much as Kobe or Michael did, that is called mentality. EVery hear that Jordan refused to lose? Thats why hes great! Their not talking about skill my friend

First of all, I am not here to discuss who lacks basketball knowledge and who doesn't. Regarding your post above, I almost totally agree. Mentality is what makes the good players best and what helps them reach their potential. This is why Jordan was Jordan, Kobe is Kobe and...Bynum is Bynum. My disagreement was on the comparison between Kobe and JR Smith based only on mentality criteria, something absolutely false. Even if Kobe had pratctised 50% less in his life, he would still be better than JR because he is more talented. Basketball is a combination of talent and work. Not everybody can become the best if he works out most. This is why the potential of players like Lebron or Howard is limited. They are "gym players" which benefit mainly from this. Don't tell me that you think that a 12 years old boy will pass and run the floor like Magic, even if he practises 24 hours per day!

Generally, my point is that it is talent what distinguishes the potential of every player. From that point, it is utterly a matter of work and mentality to reach the peak of the potential

ko8e419
votes: 0
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 72

Here u dont want mentallity as a basketball skill of fine clearly u dont know what ur taking about ill break it down in categories for u

Offense skill/ Awarness : Edge - Bynum

Defense awarness/ Skill/ Blocks: Edge - Howard

Atheleticism: Edge- Howard

Consitency: Edge - Howard

Freethrows: Edge- Bynum

History of injuries: Edge Howard

Leadership: Edge Howard

Head to Head Match up- HUGE EDGE- Howard

G W L GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS

Dwight 11 6 5 11 37.7 7.3 12.7 .571 0.0 0.0 5.9 10.2 .580 3.7 9.5 13.3 1.6 0.6 2.3 3.9 4.0 20.5

Bynum 11 5 6 9 21.6 3.7 7.4 .506 0.0 0.0 1.5 2.1 .696 2.8 3.8 6.6 0.5 0.2 2.5 0.8 3.3 8.9

Overall: Howard

Katie
votes: 23
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 5191

ko8e419 wrote:
Here u dont want mentallity as a basketball skill of fine clearly u dont know what ur taking about ill break it down in categories for u

Offense skill/ Awarness : Edge - Bynum

Defense awarness/ Skill/ Blocks: Edge - Howard

Atheleticism: Edge- Howard

Consitency: Edge - Howard

Freethrows: Edge- Bynum

History of injuries: Edge Howard

Leadership: Edge Howard

Head to Head Match up- HUGE EDGE- Howard

G W L GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS

Dwight 11 6 5 11 37.7 7.3 12.7 .571 0.0 0.0 5.9 10.2 .580 3.7 9.5 13.3 1.6 0.6 2.3 3.9 4.0 20.5

Bynum 11 5 6 9 21.6 3.7 7.4 .506 0.0 0.0 1.5 2.1 .696 2.8 3.8 6.6 0.5 0.2 2.5 0.8 3.3 8.9

Overall: Howard

I have a question please give me the one on one points and rebounds and blocks between Dwight Howard and Andrew Bynum?Your graphic chart confused me just a bit.

ko8e419
votes: 0
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 72

Quote:

First of all, I am not here to discuss who lacks basketball knowledge and who doesn't. Regarding your post above, I almost totally agree. Mentality is what makes the good players best and what helps them reach their potential. This is why Jordan was Jordan, Kobe is Kobe and...Bynum is Bynum. My disagreement was on the comparison between Kobe and JR Smith based only on mentality criteria, something absolutely false. Even if Kobe had pratctised 50% less in his life, he would still be better than JR because he is more talented. Basketball is a combination of talent and work. Not everybody can become the best if he works out most. This is why the potential of players like Lebron or Howard is limited. They are "gym players" which benefit mainly from this. Don't tell me that you think that a 12 years old boy will pass and run the floor like Magic, even if he practises 24 hours per day!

Generally, my point is that it is talent what distinguishes the potential of every player. From that point, it is utterly a matter of work and mentality to reach the peak of the potential

WHOS KOBE whos JR

PLAYER Z

Height wo Shoes/ Height wShoes/ Weight/ Wing Span

6' 5.5"/ 6' 6.75"/ 227/ 6' 10"/

/Standing Reach/ No step Vert/ Max Vert/ bench press /

8' 8"/ 29.0/ 35.5/ 5/

3/4 court spring

3.21 secs

PLAYER X

Height Wo Shoes/ Height W shoes/ Weight/ Standing Reach:/

6' 5.5" / 6' 6" / 200/ 8'10"/

/Wing Span /Max Vert/ (3/4 Court sprint)

6' 9" / 37 / N/A

ko8e419
votes: 0
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 72

Katie wrote:
ko8e419 wrote:
Here u dont want mentallity as a basketball skill of fine clearly u dont know what ur taking about ill break it down in categories for u

Offense skill/ Awarness : Edge - Bynum

Defense awarness/ Skill/ Blocks: Edge - Howard

Atheleticism: Edge- Howard

Consitency: Edge - Howard

Freethrows: Edge- Bynum

History of injuries: Edge Howard

Leadership: Edge Howard

Head to Head Match up- HUGE EDGE- Howard

G W L GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS

Dwight 11 6 5 11 37.7 7.3 12.7 .571 0.0 0.0 5.9 10.2 .580 3.7 9.5 13.3 1.6 0.6 2.3 3.9 4.0 20.5

Bynum 11 5 6 9 21.6 3.7 7.4 .506 0.0 0.0 1.5 2.1 .696 2.8 3.8 6.6 0.5 0.2 2.5 0.8 3.3 8.9

Overall: Howard

I have a question please give me the one on one points and rebounds and blocks between Dwight Howard and Andrew Bynum?Your graphic chart confused me just a bit.

Dwight Reb 13.3, Points 20.5, Blocks 2.3

Bynum Reb 6.6, Points 8.9, Blocks 2.5

Katie
votes: 23
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 5191

ko8e419 wrote:
Katie wrote:
ko8e419 wrote:
Here u dont want mentallity as a basketball skill of fine clearly u dont know what ur taking about ill break it down in categories for u

Offense skill/ Awarness : Edge - Bynum

Defense awarness/ Skill/ Blocks: Edge - Howard

Atheleticism: Edge- Howard

Consitency: Edge - Howard

Freethrows: Edge- Bynum

History of injuries: Edge Howard

Leadership: Edge Howard

Head to Head Match up- HUGE EDGE- Howard

G W L GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS

Dwight 11 6 5 11 37.7 7.3 12.7 .571 0.0 0.0 5.9 10.2 .580 3.7 9.5 13.3 1.6 0.6 2.3 3.9 4.0 20.5

Bynum 11 5 6 9 21.6 3.7 7.4 .506 0.0 0.0 1.5 2.1 .696 2.8 3.8 6.6 0.5 0.2 2.5 0.8 3.3 8.9

Overall: Howard

I have a question please give me the one on one points and rebounds and blocks between Dwight Howard and Andrew Bynum?Your graphic chart confused me just a bit.

Dwight Reb 13.3, Points 20.5, Blocks 2.3

Bynum Reb 6.6, Points 8.9, Blocks 2.5

Thank you,no surprise there.That's exactly why i want Dwight Howard.

Shaq
votes: 25
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 887

ko8e419 wrote:

WHOS KOBE whos JR

PLAYER Z

Height wo Shoes/ Height wShoes/ Weight/ Wing Span

6' 5.5"/ 6' 6.75"/ 227/ 6' 10"/

/Standing Reach/ No step Vert/ Max Vert/ bench press /

8' 8"/ 29.0/ 35.5/ 5/

3/4 court spring

3.21 secs

PLAYER X

Height Wo Shoes/ Height W shoes/ Weight/ Standing Reach:/

6' 5.5" / 6' 6" / 200/ 8'10"/

/Wing Span /Max Vert/ (3/4 Court sprint)

6' 9" / 37 / N/A

I see your point, but I also see that you do not try to read and understand what I say. I don't know who of the above is Kobe and who is JR, but I do know that at the age of 18 one would be able to compete with the best while the other would have to wait for 3-4 years for this to happen. Some players evolve more easily than other due to their talent. Also, the talent of some players allows for more steps of evolution. Do you disagree on this????

NBAtruthwriter
votes: 10
Laker GM
Posts: 2511

Gotta admit... This thread is pretty funny. lol... Well to most people Dwight is a better player because he is more consistent on a night to night basis. Centers in general don't get a whole lot of touches in this new (quick) league. Dwight is NEVER out of the game. He averaged more points than Bynum last season with the same amount of shot attempts per game. He has always averaged more rebounds than Bynum. Dwight easily posts numerous 20pt-20reb games. Howard is approaching Shaquille O'Neal for the most 20-20 games among active players. Superman No. 1 has 34 in his career and Superman No. 2 has 31. Bynum only has 2 20-20 games. Dwight is destroying Bynum in career double doubles. That's the end of round one for me.

ko8e419
votes: 0
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 72

Shaq wrote:
ko8e419 wrote:

WHOS KOBE whos JR

PLAYER Z

Height wo Shoes/ Height wShoes/ Weight/ Wing Span

6' 5.5"/ 6' 6.75"/ 227/ 6' 10"/

/Standing Reach/ No step Vert/ Max Vert/ bench press /

8' 8"/ 29.0/ 35.5/ 5/

3/4 court spring

3.21 secs

PLAYER X

Height Wo Shoes/ Height W shoes/ Weight/ Standing Reach:/

6' 5.5" / 6' 6" / 200/ 8'10"/

/Wing Span /Max Vert/ (3/4 Court sprint)

6' 9" / 37 / N/A

I see your point, but I also see that you do not try to read and understand what I say. I don't know who of the above is Kobe and who is JR, but I do know that at the age of 18 one would be able to compete with the best while the other would have to wait for 3-4 years for this to happen. Some players evolve more easily than other due to their talent. Also, the talent of some players allows for more steps of evolution. Do you disagree on this????

No only because Both players came into the league out of Highschool, kobe really struggled for 2/3 years, So did JR. IMO The difference is Kobe wasnt satisfied with just making the NBA and collecting the check, he wanted to be better then MJ. JR Smith was fine with just reaching his dream of the NBA thats where the difference is.

al1
votes: 0
NewsSurge Newbie
Posts: 43

us.gif

Howard vs. Bynum. Defense vs Offense. As far as I'm concerned Defenese wins championships. That in itself should suffice on who should be our starting center, or else why would our FO be pushing for a Howard trade? Can Someone explain how inept our FO must be to want Howard over Bynum? Bynum has a bigger upside/potential at this point, but Howard is a proven superstar and because of that, Howard, has a bigger economic value for the Lakers. IMO On the court Howard's D is imperative at this point over Bynum's "potential".

ko8e419
votes: 0
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 72

Kobe average 7.6 ppg, 1.9 Rebs/per, 1.3 APG 0.7 steals per 1.6 Turn overs per game his rookie year

JR smith 10.3 ppg, 2.0 Reb/per 1.9APG, 0.7 steals per 1.4 turn overs per game

almost an identical player out of highschool so no i dont agree

ko8e419
votes: 0
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 72

ko8e419 wrote:

WHOS KOBE whos JR

PLAYER Z

Height wo Shoes/ Height wShoes/ Weight/ Wing Span

6' 5.5"/ 6' 6.75"/ 227/ 6' 10"/

/Standing Reach/ No step Vert/ Max Vert/ bench press /

8' 8"/ 29.0/ 35.5/ 5/

3/4 court spring

3.21 secs

PLAYER X

Height Wo Shoes/ Height W shoes/ Weight/ Standing Reach:/

6' 5.5" / 6' 6" / 200/ 8'10"/

/Wing Span /Max Vert/ (3/4 Court sprint)

6' 9" / 37 / N/A

I see your point, but I also see that you do not try to read and understand what I say. I don't know who of the above is Kobe and who is JR, but I do know that at the age of 18 one would be able to compete with the best while the other would have to wait for 3-4 years for this to happen. Some players evolve more easily than other due to their talent. Also, the talent of some players allows for more steps of evolution. Do you disagree on this????

Both 18 years old out of highschool

Kobe average 7.6 ppg, 1.9 Rebs/per, 1.3 APG 0.7 steals per 1.6 Turn overs per game his rookie year

JR smith 10.3 ppg, 2.0 Reb/per 1.9APG, 0.7 steals per 1.4 turn overs per game his rookie year

almost an identical player out of highschool so no i dont agree that kobe at 18 was ready to play with the best and JR was not. #FactCheck

MrMojo112
votes: 38
LNS HOF Bronze

Posts: 9565

calif.gif

For those of you talking about Kobe Bryant and JR Smith, please stay on topic. The thread is about Dwight Howard and Andrew Bynum. Thank you.

ko8e419
votes: 0
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 72

MrMojo112 wrote:
For those of you talking about Kobe Bryant and JR Smith, please stay on topic. The thread is about Dwight Howard and Andrew Bynum. Thank you.

Sorry but it relates to my main argument

BYNUM- has potential, but lots of players have had and have potential, but lack the mentality to capitalize on it and become great. I would rather have a DOES player rather then a COULD player thats wat separates them and thats the kind of difference that separates a player such as Kobe and JR smith. the mentality to work harder than any other person at your position along with natural ability which they both have.

Bynum lacks the killer mentality to ever be great, although he is very good.

Dwight, along with other key aspects over bynum such as athleticism, defense, consistency (look at my previous post) has this instinct more so then bynum thats why hes better and will continue to be better. Dwight is the better all around player right now, thats why we trade for him PERIOD.

kb24_4life
votes: 50
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 6189

us.gif

KBLB2324 wrote:
kb24_4life wrote:
That's all that separates Kobe and JR Smith, their mentality? Please tell me you're not serious ko8e.

Brother don't even waste the brain oxygen cells....This thread is totally based on Statistical Mathematical factual evidence including skillset, scouting reports from general managers....and comparison by comparison from both players up to this standpoint.

If this thread is all about "Statistical Mathematical factual evidence" then Dwight clearly wins. So in other words this is a pointless thread. Dwight's stats are a whole lot better then Bynum's. Oh, and I'd rather keep Bynum!

AyeDGAF
votes: 7
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 6060
Location: Northridge, Los Angeles
rp.gif

AB best season = Dwights normal season, Dwight led his team to the Finals while AB was 3rd-4th option during the 2 championship runs (look at his numbers during those playoffs they were avg Center numbers)

AyeDGAF
votes: 7
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 6060
Location: Northridge, Los Angeles
rp.gif

If Dhoward retires right now he will become a hall of famer, If Ab retires right now he is not even close to be a hall of famer.

styrokid
votes: 5
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1946
Location: la puente

Dwight wouldn't be a hall of famer right now. Stop exaggerating. He has nothing on his resume that screams HOF!

styrokid
votes: 5
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1946
Location: la puente

This is a dumb thread to begin with. Dwight is obviously the better player right now. No doubt Bynum will be the better player in the long run though.

KBLB2324
votes: 2
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 100

styrokid wrote:
This is a dumb thread to begin with. Dwight is obviously the better player right now. No doubt Bynum will be the better player in the long run though.

It's dumb because neither of you can debate on a pure basketball analysis......so until I get a reasonable challenge i'll wait....I've given the numbers for people to base there arguments on...so there is really no reason to critique the thread it's dumb to those who can't debate logically PERIOD I challenged all of you in that Humpty Dumpty Howard thread and I still have not recieved one legititmate challenge so as I said in my inroductory post get the hell out if you can't debate logically

KBLB2324
votes: 2
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 100
kb24_4life wrote:
KBLB2324 wrote:
kb24_4life wrote:
That's all that separates Kobe and JR Smith, their mentality? Please tell me you're not serious ko8e.
Brother don't even waste the brain oxygen cells....This thread is totally based on Statistical Mathematical factual evidence including skillset, scouting reports from general managers....and comparison by comparison from both players up to this standpoint.
If this thread is all about "Statistical Mathematical factual evidence" then Dwight clearly wins. So in other words this is a pointless thread. Dwight's stats are a whole lot better then Bynum's. Oh, and I'd rather keep Bynum!
^^^clear example none of you can debate at all....I pity what you all would....


Options Quick Reply: RE: Godzilla vs Superman(Bizzaro)
register
You are an anonymous user- or .
Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
Notify me when a reply is posted
Don't Check Spelling
Note: Twitter & Youtube BBCODE Tags are no longer necessary. The system will automatically convert links to tweets & youtube videos.
   


   
   
register
You are an anonymous user- Register now or Log in Now!