Dwight Howard Traded to The Lakers

Lakers News Surge Forum/Message Board » Lakers News
Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Search This Topic:
 
LakerFan4Life
LNS HOF Silver
Age: 37
Posts: 10452
Location: Covina, CA
us.gif
votes: 47
Quote:
Dwight Trade Possible This Offseason During an online chat, Ric Bucher reports he expects the Magic to trade Dwight Howard during the offseason. Sources tell Bucher that Howard has a strong preference to move to the Lakers....


IhatetheCeltics
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8155
votes: 51

I bet he will go to NJ/brooklyn. I don't see the Magic shipping him here. That will just make them look like the lakers' b****. Shaq left them for L.A., and now they are going to trade Dwight here? Him and D Will would be a really good tandem in Brooklyn.


cuckooroller
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12411
Location: Italy
votes: 114

They are the Lakers' bïtch.


WatchTheSkyFall24
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 6226

us.gif
votes: 22

Dude, it's SO obvious he wants to play with Kobe and the Lakers.


MrKFC
Laker GM
Posts: 2733
Location: Orange County
calif.gif
votes: 5

The Lakers are going to pimp slap them lol


MrKFC
Laker GM
Posts: 2733
Location: Orange County
calif.gif
votes: 5

Is Lopez or Bynum a better deal? Hmmm... The Nets might have a chance.


cuckooroller
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12411
Location: Italy
votes: 114

^It all depends on if Howard wants to eat Filet Mignon, or Vulture Shït Goulash.


BaadMaster
LNS HOF Bronze
 Avatar
Posts: 8568
votes: 98

Since I spent half my life in NYC, a little BaadInfo is in order:

Just like the Clippers will ALWAYS be in the shadow of the Lakers, the Nets will always be in the shadow of the Knicks. In fact, even more so as the Knicks play in the legendary Madison Square Garden. The Nets could win 74 games and the Knicks 38 and the Nets would still be considered second rate in The Big Apple.

If you were Dwight, especially with his amazing impersonations (go to You tube and see his Barkley, it is better than fatso Caliendro) and hisgreat showbiz potential, would you take your first rate talents to a second rate franchise? Especially considering salary caps, where there is no salary disparity. Plus, who in their right mind would opt for Brooklyn winters (worse even than Manhattan winters) over Socal's mild winters. Granted he would live limo style -- but the winters are still oppressive.

Let Dr. Buss spend a day with Dwight and he will come here. Ya think that Russian guy could convince Howrd about the virtues of lbeing a Net? As they say in Brookyn, "You gotta be kidding," "Fogettaboutit" or "Fat Chance!"


VS
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8019

us.gif
votes: 52

Not only should Dwight prefer L.A. to New Jersey/Brooklyn, but Orlando should prefer Bynum to Brook Lopez.

If Dwight wants L.A., he'll get L.A. And it makes perfect sense too. Our Lakers don't go too long without having the best Center in the league...Smile


MrKFC
Laker GM
Posts: 2733
Location: Orange County
calif.gif
votes: 5

Let's not forget that it's a team choice not a player decision. But they do want Howard to be happy. If not, they can screw Howard over by dealing him to the Nets.


PlzO
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 2235
votes: 47

Take Luke Walton, or NO DEAL!


SaVaGe-DeF
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 19687
votes: 51

Idk what to say if there is only a way that we can get Howard and keep Bynum.


ReliveThe3PEAT
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 15910
votes: 79

Idk... personally, I'm very high on Bynum's talent, and with some more touches, he'd be the best Center in the league for the second half. The only discouraging thing for me with Bynum, is his injury history, and Id be lying if a Howard-Gasol-Bryant trio wasn't intriguing.

Very tough decision. Have to see what are Orlando's demands though.


WatchTheSkyFall24
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 6226

us.gif
votes: 22

I would pick a guy that has proven he's a dominant force over a guy that is a question mark and injured EVERY YEAR. Easy decision. Dwight AND Kobe on the court would be absolutely deadly, Dwight is the man on his team, no one on that team can draw a double but if he had Kobe man oh man, I'm getting excited just thinking about it.


lakersrydeordie
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 850
votes: 4

For starters, I don't see DWill staying with the Nets, so Dwight won't go there. LaLa land -- yeah, he's there...Already checked in with Kobe and a realtor............


Axle
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14951
Location: Axle
votes: 71

Why would the Magic want to trade Howard in the same conference or should I say an eastern team. They would ship him to the Lakers for Andrew Bynum in a second. The thing is, would the Buss family want to get rid of AB?


TruWarrior37
Serious Laker Fan
Posts: 261
votes: 1

Axle wrote:
Why would the Magic want to trade Howard in the same conference or should I say an eastern team. They would ship him to the Lakers for Andrew Bynum in a second. The thing is, would the Buss family want to get rid of AB?

I totally agree and shouldnt we be focussing on getting a better pg.


ohiolaker
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 619
Location: Burbank, CA
us.gif
votes: 5

Watch_the_Sky_Fall_24 wrote:
I would pick a guy that has proven he's a dominant force over a guy that is a question mark and injured EVERY YEAR. Easy decision. Dwight AND Kobe on the court would be absolutely deadly, Dwight is the man on his team, no one on that team can draw a double but if he had Kobe man oh man, I'm getting excited just thinking about it.

Exactly, I like the word proven here, and Superman is only 25, which is another huge attraction for me.

However, as mentioned, we need to see the other demands made by Orlando.


MrKFC
Laker GM
Posts: 2733
Location: Orange County
calif.gif
votes: 5

Awe man... The FO should do everything to get this guy! Dude, man... this guy is good if he has the right players and coaches surrounding him he'll win multiple championships!! Our Lakers should make a push to get him this off-season because I know he will demand a trade from Orlando! evil1


MrKFC
Laker GM
Posts: 2733
Location: Orange County
calif.gif
votes: 5

Awh crap! Watch out for sleepers like Boston. I know they will go after him too. roll


GhostNugget
Laker GM
Posts: 4087
Location: Yorba Linda, CA
votes: 18

I like how the playoffs start and this is the number one thread on LTB right now


L4K
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8306
Location: Sydney, Australia
it.gif
votes: 61

Dwight Howard on this team is just too awesome to imagine. As much as I love Drew, if the Magic are offering Howard, a future HOF, you take that deal and run away with it before they change their minds.

Just a thought though, would the Magic want just Drew? Or would they want Odom thrown in there as well? I'd give up Brown and Bynum, but not Odom. Dude is way too valuable to this team, and trading him would mean we have no 6th man anymore.


Deathstar
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 162
votes: 0

the Only way that Happens is if Lakers lose in the WCF or Finals and Bynum goes Down again


MrKFC
Laker GM
Posts: 2733
Location: Orange County
calif.gif
votes: 5

Deathstar wrote:
the Only way that Happens is if Lakers lose in the WCF or Finals and Bynum goes Down again

Why would they want a hurt Bynum? They rather deal the Nets then.


LakerMurph
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 94
votes: 0

Whenever "Ric Bucher's sources" say something...you can take it to the bank!


Axle
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14951
Location: Axle
votes: 71

Lakers4Kobe wrote:
Dwight Howard on this team is just too awesome to imagine. As much as I love Drew, if the Magic are offering Howard, a future HOF, you take that deal and run away with it before they change their minds.

Just a thought though, would the Magic want just Drew? Or would they want Odom thrown in there as well? I'd give up Brown and Bynum, but not Odom. Dude is way too valuable to this team, and trading him would mean we have no 6th man anymore.

The Lakers would never trade Bynum and Odom for Howard. You guys are over rating Howard. If he is as good as you say, why are the Magic struggling when they have all kinds of good shooters around him. He is over rated.


Showtime
Laker GM
Posts: 2703

us.gif
votes: 21

they could swing a three way and have howard come to LA, Lopez to Orlando and Bynum back home to play with sasha and famar at his home in NJ


BaadMaster
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8568
votes: 98

Axle wrote:
Lakers4Kobe wrote:
Dwight Howard on this team is just too awesome to imagine. As much as I love Drew, if the Magic are offering Howard, a future HOF, you take that deal and run away with it before they change their minds.

Just a thought though, would the Magic want just Drew? Or would they want Odom thrown in there as well? I'd give up Brown and Bynum, but not Odom. Dude is way too valuable to this team, and trading him would mean we have no 6th man anymore.

The Lakers would never trade Bynum and Odom for Howard. You guys are over rating Howard. If he is as good as you say, why are the Magic struggling when they have all kinds of good shooters around him. He is over rated.

I think if you saw today's Orlando game, Dwight showed how good he is. Forty six points -- but those "shooters" you referred to did their best "Brick 'Em Brown" impressions.

Of course, we would have to get used to missed frre throws again -- just like in the good ole Shaq days!


maraud
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 5827
votes: 28

It depends on the deal. If they want to deplete the Lakers then Buss won't go for it. Remember, Bynum is Jim Buss's project and he will need to be convinced that his ego can take a hit while he saves face.


kickslick
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 2050

in.gif
votes: 16

BaadMaster wrote:
Axle wrote:
Lakers4Kobe wrote:
Dwight Howard on this team is just too awesome to imagine. As much as I love Drew, if the Magic are offering Howard, a future HOF, you take that deal and run away with it before they change their minds.

Just a thought though, would the Magic want just Drew? Or would they want Odom thrown in there as well? I'd give up Brown and Bynum, but not Odom. Dude is way too valuable to this team, and trading him would mean we have no 6th man anymore.

The Lakers would never trade Bynum and Odom for Howard. You guys are over rating Howard. If he is as good as you say, why are the Magic struggling when they have all kinds of good shooters around him. He is over rated.

I think if you saw today's Orlando game, Dwight showed how good he is. Forty six points -- but those "shooters" you referred to did their best "Brick 'Em Brown" impressions.

Of course, we would have to get used to missed frre throws again -- just like in the good ole Shaq days!

Exactly. Dwight overrated?!?!?! Lol.....

Dwight for Bynum+Brown/Ebanks/Caracter+1 first rounder.

End.


kickslick
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 2050

in.gif
votes: 16

BaadMaster wrote:
Since I spent half my life in NYC, a little BaadInfo is in order:

Just like the Clippers will ALWAYS be in the shadow of the Lakers, the Nets will always be in the shadow of the Knicks. In fact, even more so as the Knicks play in the legendary Madison Square Garden. The Nets could win 74 games and the Knicks 38 and the Nets would still be considered second rate in The Big Apple.

If you were Dwight, especially with his amazing impersonations (go to You tube and see his Barkley, it is better than fatso Caliendro) and hisgreat showbiz potential, would you take your first rate talents to a second rate franchise? Especially considering salary caps, where there is no salary disparity. Plus, who in their right mind would opt for Brooklyn winters (worse even than Manhattan winters) over Socal's mild winters. Granted he would live limo style -- but the winters are still oppressive.

Let Dr. Buss spend a day with Dwight and he will come here. Ya think that Russian guy could convince Howrd about the virtues of lbeing a Net? As they say in Brookyn, "You gotta be kidding," "Fogettaboutit" or "Fat Chance!"

Ideal way to get Dwight:

Kobe: Get your a** over here so that we win more chips.

D12 : Yes sir!

That would be awesome as hell lol Very Happy


Harry
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 7213

am.gif
votes: 35

the thought of Dwight-Gasol-Lamar gives me a orgasm.....I love Drew but if he doesn't show us good reason to keep him, you'd have to b stupid not to trade him for D-12.


MrKFC
Laker GM
Posts: 2733
Location: Orange County
calif.gif
votes: 5

Everyone must remember that the money must match up to trade for Howard. They probably want Bynum and Odom for Howard. Then the money matches the trade.


kickslick
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 2050

in.gif
votes: 16

Bynum for Howard works straight up. So adding more fringe players will not make a whole lot of difference salary cap wise.

And [email protected] trade machine lol.

If we get dwight, we get +10 wins(!!!)

And Orlando with Magic get -9 wins! lol


MrKFC
Laker GM
Posts: 2733
Location: Orange County
calif.gif
votes: 5

Bynum + Brown for Howard could work out for the trade because the money matches but Brown I bet will opt out next season.


kickslick
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 2050

in.gif
votes: 16

MrKFC wrote:
Bynum + Brown for Howard could work out for the trade because the money matches but Brown I bet will opt out next season.

Bynum for Howard WORKS straight up.

Add Caracter and sign and trade Brown to Orlando along with Howard.


PlzO
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 2235
votes: 47

^Brown could throw a wrench in the gears with his "No-trade" clause. (Correct me If I'm wrong).

That would surely anger him, and God knows we've already seen too many bricked lay-ups.


cuckooroller
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12411
Location: Italy
votes: 114

Not to throw a damper into all of these dreamy visions of future dominance, but, we still don't know what the still-to-be-signed new CBA will look like. They could impose on us that the Lakers dismantle the team in the name of some sort of "Fairness Doctrine" where every team has to be just as shïtty as every other team, and where Dwight Howard would be hot-branded with a "franchise tag" on his buttocks. Orlando is, in case nobody is aware of this fact, one of the biggest promoters for the franchise tag. To me, some of the things that the Owners want seem to have the trappings of a return to slavery in that the free will of the players so tagged simply will be ignored in favor of the convenience of the slave-owners (i.e., the Owners).


kickslick
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 2050

in.gif
votes: 16

PlzOPH3T wrote:
^Brown could throw a wrench in the gears with his "No-trade" clause. (Correct me If I'm wrong).

That would surely anger him, and God knows we've already seen too many bricked lay-ups.

Which is why I said let him opt out and try to make him agree to a sign and trade. If not, there are other players we can sign and trade for D12 along with Bynum and get a trade exception back if I'm not wrong. Smile


kickslick
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 2050

in.gif
votes: 16

cuckooroller wrote:
Not to throw a damper into all of these dreamy visions of future dominance, but, we still don't know what the still-to-be-signed new CBA will look like. They could impose on us that the Lakers dismantle the team in the name of some sort of "Fairness Doctrine" where every team has to be just as shïtty as every other team, and where Dwight Howard would be hot-branded with a "franchise tag" on his buttocks. Orlando is, in case nobody is aware of this fact, one of the biggest promoters for the franchise tag. To me, some of the things that the Owners want seem to have the trappings of a return to slavery in that the free will of the players so tagged simply will be ignored in favor of the convenience of the slave-owners (i.e., the Owners).

Well, the NBA would cease to exist as well if teams are just forced to lose their best players. I expect it to be a short-term process and grant teams a window of time , say for 3-4 years, by which time they need to get under the cap and re-negotiate long term contracts to the new rules or simply waive the players.

However, in a way, franchises like Minny, Bucks, Bobcats etc. cannot survive or consistently be at the top when FAs just flee those places because they aren't comfortable and demand more money to play in such places.

However, it is equally foolish to get a franchise tag and try to force the players to stay when they've RIGHTFULLY made up their mind to flee that place and not become another KG.

Tough ask to balance both things when the stakes are so high and there's billions of dollars involved.

Wouldn't want either thing but teams like Minny can just hope to relocate to a more interesting place ( WHICH SUCKS ) or hope another KG like player graces the team ( WHICH HAPPENS ONCE EVERY TWO DECADES )

What would you do Cuckoo if you were writing the CBA other than go on a contraction/relocation spree??? Willing to accept answers from others as well.

Confused


cuckooroller
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12411
Location: Italy
votes: 114

^Kick,

I guess you have read my threads. That is exactly what I would do. I would lop off the dead weight. Then I would do a demographic study. 24 team maximum. You choose to relocate some of the franchises strictly according to the demographics involved, that is if the metropolitan areas chosen effectively have a population base that is A-League worthy. For the minor-league demographics that now exist, and have not been contracted, they get moved. Then I would do away with the Salary Cap. I would also do away with Divisions, and Conferences. I would shorten the season to 69 games. I would abrogate all contracts, of all players, and allow a feeding frenzy of unrestricted free agency until the teams constitute themselves. I would augment the active player roster to 14 players. I would also fire David Stern and roll back some of the wussy rules.

Then, play ball!


ohiolaker
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 619
Location: Burbank, CA
us.gif
votes: 5

Axle wrote:
Lakers4Kobe wrote:
Dwight Howard on this team is just too awesome to imagine. As much as I love Drew, if the Magic are offering Howard, a future HOF, you take that deal and run away with it before they change their minds.

Just a thought though, would the Magic want just Drew? Or would they want Odom thrown in there as well? I'd give up Brown and Bynum, but not Odom. Dude is way too valuable to this team, and trading him would mean we have no 6th man anymore.

The Lakers would never trade Bynum and Odom for Howard. You guys are over rating Howard. If he is as good as you say, why are the Magic struggling when they have all kinds of good shooters around him. He is over rated.

With due respect, you are overrating the Magic(minus Howard). And as mentioned, did you see the Playoff game yesterday. Trust me, Howard would love the supporting cast that Bynum has.

However, having said this, I'm not willing to get Howard is if it's Bynum AND Odom.


kickslick
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 2050

in.gif
votes: 16

cuckooroller wrote:
^Kick,

I guess you have read my threads. That is exactly what I would do. I would lop off the dead weight. Then I would do a demographic study. 24 team maximum. You choose to relocate some of the franchises strictly according to the demographics involved, that is if the metropolitan areas chose effectively have a population base that is A-League worthy. For the minor-league demographics that now exist, and have not been contracted, they get moved. Then I would do away with the Salary Cap. I would also do away with Divisions, and Conferences. I would shorten the season to 69 games. I would abrogate all contracts, of all players, and allow a feeding frenzy of unrestricted free agency until the teams constitute themselves. I would augment the active player roster to 14 players. I would also fire David Stern and roll back some of the wussy rules.

Then, play ball!

Wh..wh...wh...what about my all-star game??*innocent face*

Anyways, I was asking for something feasible lol Very Happy


cuckooroller
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12411
Location: Italy
votes: 114

^You mean the All-Facetime Game. Screw it! Lose it entirely unless you have the All-Star players determined entirely by voting by the peers, the Players. The fans are so partisan, that essentially they can't be impartial and all we have been seeing is a parade of the players with name recognition even when they are no longer worthy of the game. I mean all of the players, not just the Starters should be determined by peer-voting. No more heavy lobbying and arm-twisting by Coaches and Owners interested in their economic bottom line of having a player in the ASG. No more Doc Rivers being able to, wonder of wonders, name 4 Celtic players to his reserves on the team he coached! You are either worthy of being voted in, by the Players, or you go suck dog doo.

Don't ask me for feasible. Just about any changes to a horribly defective system, but that is run by the usual "Old Boy" rigamarole will never be feasible. Ask me, instead, what is sensate and logical. That I can deal with.


WILT100
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1069
Location: California
votes: 4

The chances of the Lakers getting Dwight Howard in a trade would sure increase if he were to come out and say that the only team he would sign a long term deal with is the Lakers. No one else is gonna give up alot for a guy who isn't gonna stay long.


Axle
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14951
Location: Axle
votes: 71

kickslick wrote:
Bynum for Howard works straight up. So adding more fringe players will not make a whole lot of difference salary cap wise.

And [email protected] trade machine lol.

If we get dwight, we get +10 wins(!!!)

And Orlando with Magic get -9 wins! lol

That is exactly what I am trying to say. Giving up Lamar plus Bynum is too much for Howard. I like Howard, but we don't want to strip the Laker team down for him. Make it a straight trade Andrew for Howard and maybe Caracter in the mix, but not Lamar. He is not that impressive to me.


IhatetheCeltics
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 8155
votes: 51

WILT100 wrote:
The chances of the Lakers getting Dwight Howard in a trade would sure increase if he were to come out and say that the only team he would sign a long term deal with is the Lakers. No one else is gonna give up alot for a guy who isn't gonna stay long.

No way Dwight does that. he saw how things went down with Melo, I know he won't handle the situation the same way as Melo. Which is essentially what he is doing if he says the only team he will sign with is the lakers.


WILT100
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1069
Location: California
votes: 4

Not saying he would that. But it sure would help.

BTW, Melo doesn't seem to be getting any big backlash from making it obvious he wanted to go to the Knicks.


cuckooroller
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12411
Location: Italy
votes: 114

^Few players show their hands in this manner. However, if there is serious interest between the two parties, then I would not expect it to be played out in the media. It would be done behind closed doors, and it would be finalized rather fast, well, as soon as they could round up Jim Buss, gag him, and throw him in a dungeon somewhere.


MrKFC
Laker GM
 Avatar
Posts: 2733
Location: Orange County
calif.gif
votes: 5

cuckooroller wrote:
^Few players show their hands in this manner. However, if there is serious interest between the two parties, then I would not expect it to be played out in the media. It would be done behind closed doors, and it would be finalized rather fast, well, as soon as they could round up Jim Buss, gag him, and throw him in a dungeon somewhere.

Yeah, watchout the lepers might be in this secretly.


Options Quick Reply: RE: Dwight Howard Traded to The Lakers
register
You are an anonymous user- or .
Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
Notify me when a reply is posted
Don't Check Spelling
Note: Twitter & Youtube BBCODE Tags are no longer necessary. The system will automatically convert links to tweets & youtube videos.
   
 
Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
register
You are an anonymous user- Register now or Log in Now!


Add our Los Angeles Lakers Blog RSS Feed, the Lakers Rumors RSS Feed, the Lakers News RSS feed, and the Lakers Forum RSS feed to get the latest Laker News and Rumors and Lakers Game info in your RSS/XML reader!