Doc Takes Blame For Ray Allen Leaving C's From Rajon Rondo

Lakers Forum » NBA News and Rumors and Basketball Talk
Author Search This Topic:
 
LakerFan4Life
votes: 47
LNS HOF Silver
Age: 37

Posts: 10452
Location: Covina, CA
us.gif
Quote:
Ray Allen and Rajon Rondo Had Strained Relationship By: Jerry Spar Sports Illustrated writer Chris Mannix joined the Dennis & Callahan show Monday morning and talked about what the future might hold for the Celtics following their....

Cart33
votes: 5
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 787
Location: OC, California

This speaks volumes of Rondos attitude. Ray Allen seems like a legit, down to earth dude who looks easy to get along with. He seems like a guy you can hang out with and have no problem getting to know. Rondo on the other hand doesn't seem like a guy who would waste his time doing anything that doesn't benefit him. I'm glad we didn't get Rondo, he's got great game, but if he cant even get along with Ray Allen, him and Kobe on the same team could have been disastrous

SaVaGe-DeF
votes: 51
LNS HOF Gold

Posts: 19687

IF he doesn't retire I see him going to the Bulls.

prisonmike
votes: 0
Serious Laker Fan
Posts: 343

Cart33 wrote:
This speaks volumes of Rondos attitude. Ray Allen seems like a legit, down to earth dude who looks easy to get along with. He seems like a guy you can hang out with and have no problem getting to know. Rondo on the other hand doesn't seem like a guy who would waste his time doing anything that doesn't benefit him. I'm glad we didn't get Rondo, he's got great game, but if he cant even get along with Ray Allen, him and Kobe on the same team could have been disastrous

He's intense like Kobe and will do whatever it takes to win. Kobe would respect that, and therefore I think they'd get along.

prisonmike
votes: 0
Serious Laker Fan
Posts: 343

Plus Kobe and Ray aren't too fond of eachother...

KS_v2
votes: 20
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1871

prisonmike wrote:
Plus Kobe and Ray aren't too fond of eachother...

EXACTLY.

SPQR
votes: 291
LNS HOF Bronze

Posts: 9286
Location: Pennsylvania

I read an article in Sports Illustrated a few months ago that said Rondo is not a favorite of many players and even some coaches on that team. Apparently, at least according to that article, he is not the easiest person to get along with.

That being said, bring him to LA!! lol. I wish.

swag2011
votes: 3
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 54

Yup, this has been well known that Rondo has been a cancer to the team. I read on a celtics website that during a film sessions Rondo felt like he was being singled out by everyone and the coaching staff, so he threw a bottle and busted the tv. Then he started to yell and scream and criticize his other teammates and apparently said really hurtful things. They said he left the facility and tried to come back a few hours later, but security wouldn't let him in. So whatever he said must be hurtful. Also that stretch that Rondo had all them trip doubles in the reg season, Ray allen and paul pierce were apparently mad that he was being a ball hog and wouldn't give them the ball even if they're open. Rondo is known as the diva round there.

Shoot, i wish that we could've gotten him for Pau gasol if that rumor was on the table earlier in the year. Rondo and Kobe in the backcourt? dangerous. He's one of the most fearless, toughest players in the league. Shoot, even guarded Lebron during the ECF. I hope that the Celtics don't think they can rebuild around him and decide to ship him off. I'd send Bynum or gasol in a heartbeat for him

SPQR
votes: 291
LNS HOF Bronze

Posts: 9286
Location: Pennsylvania

Quote:

Shoot, i wish that we could've gotten him for Pau gasol if that rumor was on the table earlier in the year. Rondo and Kobe in the backcourt? dangerous. He's one of the most fearless, toughest players in the league. Shoot, even guarded Lebron during the ECF. I hope that the Celtics don't think they can rebuild around him and decide to ship him off. I'd send Bynum or gasol in a heartbeat for him

Swag,

Yep, Rondo is one of those rare players. He is a certified beast. Really the main driving force and reason that old Celtics team went as far as they did this year.

There are many divas in the NBA. But precious few Rondos. I too would LOVE to see him in our backcourt. It would not take long to see the effect that would have on this team. If the Celtics move him, they are stupid. They should move everyone else, bottom out, get some lottery picks and rebuild around Rondo over the next three or four years.

Kind of the exact thing a certain team out west should do too....if they were smart and realistic about their current situation.

LakerFan4Life
votes: 47
LNS HOF Silver
Age: 37

Posts: 10452
Location: Covina, CA
us.gif
Quote:
Doc Rivers Takes Blame For Ray Allen Leaving Celtics From Rajon Rondo By Adrian Wojnarowski Yahoo! Expert LONDON �" After Boston Celtics coach Doc Rivers re-examined everything that set into motion Ray Allen leaving for the Miami Heat....

Shepherd
votes: 55
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 11041

ez.gif

Ray thinks he's still a starter at 36? And he left $6mill on the table over it, but he's not starting in Miami anyways? THis seems personal to me. He went to Miami (over many other teams he could have gone to probably for more $) to stick it to the Celtics. These guys have egos, big ones. And we've seen it over and over, aging players who start to decline (DFish etc) who can't accept a lesser role on their current team, and take less money to accept a lesser role somewhere else. Very odd. With the team Boston has managed to put together (getting Lee and Terry were great pick ups) they will remain very relevant in the East. Ray would have been better off swallowing his pride and accepting his new role.

rekalAL
votes: 1
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1352

Shepherd wrote:
Ray thinks he's still a starter at 36? And he left $6mill on the table over it, but he's not starting in Miami anyways? THis seems personal to me. He went to Miami (over many other teams he could have gone to probably for more $) to stick it to the Celtics. These guys have egos, big ones. And we've seen it over and over, aging players who start to decline (DFish etc) who can't accept a lesser role on their current team, and take less money to accept a lesser role somewhere else. Very odd. With the team Boston has managed to put together (getting Lee and Terry were great pick ups) they will remain very relevant in the East. Ray would have been better off swallowing his pride and accepting his new role.

IMO Ray wants an easier path to get another championship....that is why he joins the LBJ bandwagon....also, Pat Riley knows how to sell the Miami...

But on the defense of Ray, isn't we always hear Ray's name on trade rumors? Probably, Ray felt that the organize does not want him...

LakerLuv24
votes: 1
Serious Laker Fan
Posts: 295

Boston actually upgraded by getting terry. Terry is much better than allen in my opinion.


Options Quick Reply: RE: Doc Takes Blame For Ray Allen Leaving C's From Rajon Rondo
register
You are an anonymous user- or .
Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
Notify me when a reply is posted
Don't Check Spelling
Note: Twitter & Youtube BBCODE Tags are no longer necessary. The system will automatically convert links to tweets & youtube videos.
   


    register
You are an anonymous user- or .'>
   
register
You are an anonymous user- Register now or Log in Now!