The Official Kobe Bryant vs Andrew Bynum Thread (P. 6)

Lakers Forum » Lakers General Discussions
Author Search This Topic:
 
Axle
votes: 71
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 15024
Location: Axle

Game four was not so bad for the whole laker effort. I was still disappointed with AB rebounding efforts. But Hill played fantastic and so did the rest of the team. I was glad to see Blake getting involved in the offense. And that is what it is going to take to beat this Nugget team.

The Nuggets played with a lot of energy and they really think they can beat this laker team because Bynum has been handcuffed by two seven footers in Mosgov and Koufous. Bynum is not effective when doubled and he has demonstrated it over and over by turning the ball over. Kobe had to bail him out several times.

But I noticed he got frustrated when Sessions did not pass him the ball when he was asking for it, and that kind of attitude is going to get him shipped out of the laker organization. He should go out there and play defense if he can not get his offense going because of the doubling.

I thought everybody else played hard and I am glad we won.

Kobe+talent=4morerings
votes: 10
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1704
Location: mesa AZ

MSDS wrote:
Bynum is a go to type of a player dont make him a role player we already have that in Jordan Hill, he hustles and picks up loose ball and if he scores its a bonus dotn expect Bynum to do that all the time he s way too good for that , Hill s a stronger version of Howard... If kobe shoots less and get Bynum the ball with his high FG% games would be easy for the lakers especially for kobe...

If the lakers wants to win the chip this yr. Bynum or even Pau has to be the focal point

Question is if kobe would be smart enough to know that... coz history shows if he's not the main guy hed be more than willing to bring the down the team with him...

your argument is not valid, we have a rebound and defense problem, not a scoring problem, how is drew getting 20 shots going to solve that?? besides maybe he will be happy enough to dominate both ends of the floor but we have not seen that its been either great off. with ok def. or amazing def. with ok off. .......

DaAssasins
votes: 18
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 974

Axle wrote:
Game four was not so bad for the whole laker effort. I was still disappointed with AB rebounding efforts. But Hill played fantastic and so did the rest of the team. I was glad to see Blake getting involved in the offense. And that is what it is going to take to beat this Nugget team.

The Nuggets played with a lot of energy and they really think they can beat this laker team because Bynum has been handcuffed by two seven footers in Mosgov and Koufous. Bynum is not effective when doubled and he has demonstrated it over and over by turning the ball over. Kobe had to bail him out several times.

But I noticed he got frustrated when Sessions did not pass him the ball when he was asking for it, and that kind of attitude is going to get him shipped out of the laker organization. He should go out there and play defense if he can not get his offense going because of the doubling.

I thought everybody else played hard and I am glad we won.

I agree Axle, overall our energy was great, and we did a good job defensively. I hate to nitpick as well, but I too have been noticing Bynum's reaction on the court, when he doesnt get the ball from Session, or Ebanks. He pouts like a little baby, stumping his foot, and giving that ugly growl face. I can understand his desire to want the ball, especially on the offensive end, but it's one thing to pout there on the court and to show up your teammates.

I do hope Bynum grows out of it, because he has a lot of potential to be a great center, for years to come, but this little attitude of his, has got to go.

Kobe+talent=4morerings
votes: 10
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1704
Location: mesa AZ

lakeshowsd wrote:
MSDS wrote:
Bynum is a go to type of a player dont make him a role player we already have that in Jordan Hill, he hustles and picks up loose ball and if he scores its a bonus dotn expect Bynum to do that all the time he s way too good for that , Hill s a stronger version of Howard... If kobe shoots less and get Bynum the ball with his high FG% games would be easy for the lakers especially for kobe...

If the lakers wants to win the chip this yr. Bynum or even Pau has to be the focal point

Question is if kobe would be smart enough to know that... coz history shows if he's not the main guy hed be more than willing to bring the down the team with him...

MSDS,

Yeah, Bynum is a "go to" player, and not a role-player. It's obvious. The Lakers went to Bynum early and throughout the game, and he delivered to the tune of 8 for 12 shooting and 19 points. He was the most efficient and effective scorer we had last night. Plus, Drew blocked 3 shots, so he was actively protecting the paint too. Did Bynum dominate the glass in terms of rebounding? No, but 7 rebounds still shows a decent effort. It's not like he had 2 or 3 rebounds only.

Bynum played a big part in the win last night and he did his job on both ends of the floor. People want Bynum to be dominant every night but that's just not realistic at this point. The Lakers have too many other stars and too many other good players. Even Kobe is not dominant every night (though he always dominates the shot attempts) and he's our established Superstar.

ive been defending bynum a lot, but you are really giving him too much of a pass 7 rebounds is terrible!!!! for a 7 foot 280 pound monster against 6-8 and untalented 7 footers!!!! and he did have 3 blocks but his activity is what important drew can get 2 blks a game with no effort because he is so big, its the 90% that he contest that he doesnt get stat for thats important. and that is what people are saying rebounding and defense and showing on pnr he did it beautifully in game one and in many spurts through out the year, but in the playoffs agains really talented teams we need it every game!!! and kobe back in the day brought it every game for 4 qtrs!! he dominated so bad he single handedly out scored the whole dallas mavericks team through 3 qtrs!!!

gastank
votes: 28
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1825

Axle wrote:
But I noticed he got frustrated when Sessions did not pass him the ball when he was asking for it, and that kind of attitude is going to get him shipped out of the laker organization. He should go out there and play defense if he can not get his offense going because of the doubling.

Sometimes he calls for the ball without providing a good passing angle and/or opening up the lane to easy picking from a coming double, but other times he's got a legitimate gripe. One of his most demonstrative outburst in Game 4 was when he had a full step on McGee with a clear baseline to the basket, but Sessions didn't recognize it in time and missed the window.

As long as it doesn't create rifts in the locker room (and various interviews indicate that there is none) if Bynum being demonstrative pushes our guards to better recognize passing opportunities, I'm all for it.

Kobe+talent=4morerings
votes: 10
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1704
Location: mesa AZ

gastank wrote:
Axle wrote:
But I noticed he got frustrated when Sessions did not pass him the ball when he was asking for it, and that kind of attitude is going to get him shipped out of the laker organization. He should go out there and play defense if he can not get his offense going because of the doubling.

Sometimes he calls for the ball without providing a good passing angle and/or opening up the lane to easy picking from a coming double, but other times he's got a legitimate gripe. One of his most demonstrative outburst in Game 4 was when he had a full step on McGee with a clear baseline to the basket, but Sessions didn't recognize it in time and missed the window.

As long as it doesn't create rifts in the locker room (and various interviews indicate that there is none) if Bynum being demonstrative pushes our guards to better recognize passing opportunities, I'm all for it.

ya i agree, but im not seeing the guards respond well too it i think we mike brown needs to step in and say something, because all our role players are willing to make that pas to kobe and gasol, and i even saw them make it to hill the other night. i just dont know why sometimes they ignore drew..........

lakeshowsd
votes: 145
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14661
Location: North Bend, OR
us.gif

Kobe+talent=4morerings wrote:

ive been defending bynum a lot, but you are really giving him too much of a pass 7 rebounds is terrible!!!! for a 7 foot 280 pound monster against 6-8 and untalented 7 footers!!!! and he did have 3 blocks but his activity is what important drew can get 2 blks a game with no effort because he is so big, its the 90% that he contest that he doesnt get stat for thats important. and that is what people are saying rebounding and defense and showing on pnr he did it beautifully in game one and in many spurts through out the year, but in the playoffs agains really talented teams we need it every game!!! and kobe back in the day brought it every game for 4 qtrs!! he dominated so bad he single handedly out scored the whole dallas mavericks team through 3 qtrs!!!

Drew deserves a pass IMO. Drew's been arguably the best big man in the post-season up to this point.

7 rebounds is below average but far from terrible. Terrible would be like 2 or 3 rebounds. Drew is still averaging more than 10 rebounds in the series as a whole, which is good for 4th best in the playoffs currently. Even "energy" and "hustle" guys like Mannimal and McGee only got 7 rebounds last game, so I wouldn't put too much stock in how terrible 7 rebounds is. It happened, but Drew still produced quite a bit in other areas.

Bottom line, Drew is still having a terrific series and he remains among the elite players in the playoffs in terms of efficiency, effectiveness, and impact through the 1st round of playoff basketball. I have very few complaints about Drew up to this point, and certainly not enough complaints to justify writing a big rant about how he is just a role-player and never will be a worthy franchise player.

We're up 3-1 on Denver and Drew's solid play has been a big reason why. He's been a star in this series, he's been filling the stat sheet every night, and anyone who says otherwise is just hating.

lakerdude
votes: 36
Laker GM
Posts: 4665
Location: lakerdude

DaAssasins wrote:
Axle wrote:
Game four was not so bad for the whole laker effort. I was still disappointed with AB rebounding efforts. But Hill played fantastic and so did the rest of the team. I was glad to see Blake getting involved in the offense. And that is what it is going to take to beat this Nugget team.

The Nuggets played with a lot of energy and they really think they can beat this laker team because Bynum has been handcuffed by two seven footers in Mosgov and Koufous. Bynum is not effective when doubled and he has demonstrated it over and over by turning the ball over. Kobe had to bail him out several times.

But I noticed he got frustrated when Sessions did not pass him the ball when he was asking for it, and that kind of attitude is going to get him shipped out of the laker organization. He should go out there and play defense if he can not get his offense going because of the doubling.

I thought everybody else played hard and I am glad we won.

I agree Axle, overall our energy was great, and we did a good job defensively. I hate to nitpick as well, but I too have been noticing Bynum's reaction on the court, when he doesnt get the ball from Session, or Ebanks. He pouts like a little baby, stumping his foot, and giving that ugly growl face. I can understand his desire to want the ball, especially on the offensive end, but it's one thing to pout there on the court and to show up your teammates.

I do hope Bynum grows out of it, because he has a lot of potential to be a great center, for years to come, but this little attitude of his, has got to go.

If you guys can't understand why Drew gets pissed for being ignored, then I'm at a loss. He is our most efficient offensive player on the team, and when he fights for position and begs for the ball and doesn't get it, but instead has to watch brick after brick from our guards, he does like every superstar does, he gets pissed. Just like Kobe, just like Shaq, just like any other superstar in the league.

Do you think if Kobe got ignored most of the time when he asked for the ball and had to watch the dude that didn't pass it to him continue to miss, that he wouldn't be pissed? You think he would just be happy and play along with it? No way, because I've seen it before. He used to just tell all his team mates to move out of the way while he goes into attack mode. That's what Bynum is capable of doing, but isn't allowed to. What superstar in the league gets ignored more than Bynum? None.

gastank
votes: 28
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1825

Kobe+talent=4morerings wrote:
ya i agree, but im not seeing the guards respond well too it i think we mike brown needs to step in and say something, because all our role players are willing to make that pas to kobe and gasol, and i even saw them make it to hill the other night. i just dont know why sometimes they ignore drew..........

It's not entirely on the guards - several factors make it easier to pass into the post to Kobe & Pau than to Bynum.

First Kobe & Pau are simply more skilled at creating better angles & lanes. But this is Bynum's first year being a major part of the offense and you can't expect him to have all the skills that Kobe & Pau have after years and years of experience. Bynum'll be better at it next year.

Second Bynum operates in the low post which is more crowded than the high post (Pau) and the mid-range wing (Kobe). The passing lanes are narrower and the angles sharper, and most importantly the window is shorter. The guards have several seconds to pass into Kobe or Pau, but getting it into Bynum almost has to be instinctive, and neither of our guards have developed that yet. Once again, something our guards'll get better at next year (assuming we keep them - otherwise I'd expect another frustrating year for Bynum).

Kobe+talent=4morerings
votes: 10
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1704
Location: mesa AZ

lakeshowsd wrote:
Kobe+talent=4morerings wrote:

ive been defending bynum a lot, but you are really giving him too much of a pass 7 rebounds is terrible!!!! for a 7 foot 280 pound monster against 6-8 and untalented 7 footers!!!! and he did have 3 blocks but his activity is what important drew can get 2 blks a game with no effort because he is so big, its the 90% that he contest that he doesnt get stat for thats important. and that is what people are saying rebounding and defense and showing on pnr he did it beautifully in game one and in many spurts through out the year, but in the playoffs agains really talented teams we need it every game!!! and kobe back in the day brought it every game for 4 qtrs!! he dominated so bad he single handedly out scored the whole dallas mavericks team through 3 qtrs!!!

Drew deserves a pass IMO. Drew's been arguably the best big man in the post-season up to this point.

7 rebounds is below average but far from terrible. Terrible would be like 2 or 3 rebounds. 7 rebounds is about 4 below his season averag but remember, Drew is still averaging more than 10 rebounds in the series as a whole. Even "energy" and "hustle" guys like Mannimal and McGee only got 7 rebounds last game, so I wouldn't put too much stock in how terrible 7 rebounds is. It happened, but Drew still produced quite a bit in other areas.

Bottom line, Drew is still having a terrific series and he remains among the elite players in the playoffs in terms of efficiency through the 1st round of playoff basketball. I have very little complaints about Drew up to this point. We're up 3-1 on Denver and Drew's solid play has been a big reason why.

im happy too, i just know he is more capable of so much more and also look who mcgee and manimal are going up againts i would expectr them to only get 7 rebounds, and also hill came in off the bench and got over 10...... i just excpect more from drew because of how talented he is but also he has such a huge advantage in talent and size something he wont have from here on out!!! he will still have an advantage but he is going to have to bring it, a lot more in order to utilize it!! thats on defense, but on offense the guards and bynum need to come up with something better then what they are doing because his attitude is horrible and his body language tells the whole story i think its on both of them. him to create better passing lanes, to screen better on screens and pnr and to pass better on double teams. and for the guards they need to look more often to him like they easily do for kobe gasol, and i even saw for hill! and to cut to the rim if their man is the guy doubling so he can make a good pass but what we are doing on double teams is horrible and thats not just drew but everyone!!

Kobe+talent=4morerings
votes: 10
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1704
Location: mesa AZ

gastank wrote:
Kobe+talent=4morerings wrote:
ya i agree, but im not seeing the guards respond well too it i think we mike brown needs to step in and say something, because all our role players are willing to make that pas to kobe and gasol, and i even saw them make it to hill the other night. i just dont know why sometimes they ignore drew..........

It's not entirely on the guards - several factors make it easier to pass into the post to Kobe & Pau than to Bynum.

First Kobe & Pau are simply more skilled at creating better angles & lanes. But this is Bynum's first year being a major part of the offense and you can't expect him to have all the skills that Kobe & Pau have after years and years of experience. Bynum'll be better at it next year.

Second Bynum operates in the low post which is more crowded than the high post (Pau) and the mid-range wing (Kobe). The passing lanes are narrower and the angles sharper, and most importantly the window is shorter. The guards have several seconds to pass into Kobe or Pau, but getting it into Bynum almost has to be instinctive, and neither of our guards have developed that yet. Once again, something our guards'll get better at next year (assuming we keep them - otherwise I'd expect another frustrating year for Bynum).

wow so true ive noticed that, but never really realized it!! great pount!!

lakerdude
votes: 36
Laker GM
Posts: 4665
Location: lakerdude

Axle:

As far as his attitude needs to change or he'll be shipped out, Mike Brown will be shipped out before Drew. You think the Lakers want their center to be happy to not get touches, or do you think they want him to be upset and want to dominate?

I could see Jim Buss watching the game and watching his franchise star center that he drafted being ignored and not being happy about it and saying "You know, this Bynum fellow I brought in is really hurting our team by wanting the ball, I see him getting pissed at players when he's open and they don't give it to him. We need a star center that will not want the ball and just be happy to get rebounds and block shots. Sessions, you can stay because your doing the right thing by not passing it to Drew, and Bynum, your a$$ is out of here."

If you think that's going to happen, I think you better think again. There's no way in hell Drew will get traded unless he demands one. He is and always will be Jim's boy. You think Jim Buss wanted his project to come to the Lakers to only rebound and block shots, or do you think he brought him in to be our next franchise dominant big men?

Kobe+talent=4morerings
votes: 10
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1704
Location: mesa AZ

lakerdude wrote:
Axle:

As far as his attitude needs to change or he'll be shipped out, Mike Brown will be shipped out before Drew. You think the Lakers want their center to be happy to not get touches, or do you think they want him to be upset and want to dominate?

I could see Jim Buss watching the game and watching his franchise star center that he drafted being ignored and not being happy about it and saying "You know, this Bynum fellow I brought in is really hurting our team by wanting the ball, I see him getting pissed at players when he's open and they don't give it to him. We need a star center that will not want the ball and just be happy to get rebounds and block shots. Sessions, you can stay because your doing the right thing by not passing it to Drew, and Bynum, your a$$ is out of here."

If you think that's going to happen, I think you better think again. There's no way in hell Drew will get traded unless he demands one. He is and always will be Jim's boy.

i wouldnt quite say he is being ignored, but he is definitely not getting the looks he should be as the second option!! and it really frustrates me to see the blakes,barnes and other players do it!!

Kobe+talent=4morerings
votes: 10
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1704
Location: mesa AZ

like the other day i saw them throw a lob at hill and drew has several times made that back spin cut and set perfectly for the lob and they failed to get it to him!!

MSDS
votes: 1
Serious Laker Fan
Posts: 330

power struggle in the making!!! kobe came on top the last time,,

shaq and phil were sent packin

hmmm wonder who would it be this time in a couple of yrs...

KS_v2
votes: 20
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1871

lakeshowsd wrote:

We're up 3-1 on Denver and Drew's solid play has been a big reason why. He's been a star in this series, he's been filling the stat sheet every night, and anyone who says otherwise is just hating.

+1.

MSDS
votes: 1
Serious Laker Fan
Posts: 330

This is debate is going nowhere, Without Bynum kobe wont get his sixth ring

end of discussion...clearly this is Bynums team....

KS_v2
votes: 20
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1871

MSDS wrote:
This is debate is going nowhere, Without Bynum kobe wont get his sixth ring

end of discussion...clearly this is Bynums team....

If we remove one of our big 3, the other two cannot win.

And without Kobe, Bynum wouldn't have even had a ring so far and probably wouldn't have one in the immediate future as well.

Your point being????

Without Pau, Bynum wouldn't have a ring and Kobe in all probability would've had at most 4 titles.

Clearly this is Pau's team.

Try again.

MSDS
votes: 1
Serious Laker Fan
Posts: 330

Without KObe Bynums future will be fine and would even shine brighter than it is now,,

Kobe is holding back bynum's ability to help this team...

its been proven before that without kobe

the lakers can hold its own and in fact play better team basketball without him...

in fact kobe is the reason we lose some of these winnable games with his selfish play...

gemfow
votes: 181
LNS HOF Silver

Posts: 12402
Location: Maryland
us.gif

gastank wrote:
Axle wrote:
But I noticed he got frustrated when Sessions did not pass him the ball when he was asking for it, and that kind of attitude is going to get him shipped out of the laker organization. He should go out there and play defense if he can not get his offense going because of the doubling.

Sometimes he calls for the ball without providing a good passing angle and/or opening up the lane to easy picking from a coming double, but other times he's got a legitimate gripe. One of his most demonstrative outburst in Game 4 was when he had a full step on McGee with a clear baseline to the basket, but Sessions didn't recognize it in time and missed the window.

As long as it doesn't create rifts in the locker room (and various interviews indicate that there is none) if Bynum being demonstrative pushes our guards to better recognize passing opportunities, I'm all for it.

Gas tank: I sort of disagree with you. Passing angles are a big part of the game, but a post player shouldn't provide the good passing angle because he doesn't want to lose his great position that he fought for. It's the guard who needs to shift over to have a bett angle to pass the ball into the post.

I do agree within being easier to pass the ball inthe high/pinch post. It's frustrating to see pros who can't feed the low post to a 7 foot 280 pound center.

gastank
votes: 28
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1825

gemfow wrote:
Gas tank: I sort of disagree with you. Passing angles are a big part of the game, but a post player shouldn't provide the good passing angle because he doesn't want to lose his great position that he fought for. It's the guard who needs to shift over to have a bett angle to pass the ball into the post.

I do agree within being easier to pass the ball inthe high/pinch post. It's frustrating to see pros who can't feed the low post to a 7 foot 280 pound center.

Fault definitely lies on both sides, but for every missed opportunity by the guards, you've also got instances where Bynum has a potential double teaming defender 6' away directly lateral, seals his man but opens up the angle towards the secondary defender basically cutting off any passing lanes, then gets frustrated when the guard can't get the ball inside.

Hopefully it's just a matter of getting used to playing the inside-out game that will work itself out after a full season of building chemistry as well as Bynum learning more how to react to potential double teams. Ironically enough, the triangle would be the perfect offense for Bynum right now as it's designed to make double teaming more difficult. It's just too bad Bynum's early injuries forever tainted him in Phil Jackson's mind.

gastank
votes: 28
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1825

BTW it's too bad mods jumped the gun and merge this discussion into this thread. IIRC the original post was just a criticism of Bynum and Kobe wasn't even in the topic, but now an interesting discussion's been dumped into this thread.

lakerdude
votes: 36
Laker GM
Posts: 4665
Location: lakerdude

gastank wrote:
BTW it's too bad mods jumped the gun and merge this discussion into this thread. IIRC the original post was just a criticism of Bynum and Kobe wasn't even in the topic, but now an interesting discussion's been dumped into this thread.

Yes. It appears any thread about Bynum is moved to this thread. How is this happening? If someone writes a great thread about Kobe is it going to the Kobe vs Bynum thread?

Do You notice my thread about Bynum wasn't merged to this thread, because then it wouldn't of gotten past the 15 negative votes it would of needed to bump me off from posting threads for a week. Someones out to get me.

MSDS
votes: 1
Serious Laker Fan
Posts: 330

Bynum is the way, the truth and the lakers,

Kobe is like the d__il one...

lakerfan8
votes: 11
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1518

MSDS.... your words are falling on deaf ears. Everything you say is negative on kobe and lights out awesome for bynum. How about praising both players for once after we win a game. I see where you are coming from and you are entitled to your point of view. It's not even a bad one thinking Bynum should be the focal point now. But your negativity towards another laker player just shows either how immature of a fan you are, or how derisive you choose to be with the rest of the forum. Its getting old.

AyeDGAF
votes: 7
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 6060
Location: Northridge, Los Angeles
rp.gif

lakerfan8 wrote:
MSDS.... your words are falling on deaf ears. Everything you say is negative on kobe and lights out awesome for bynum. How about praising both players for once after we win a game. I see where you are coming from and you are entitled to your point of view. It's not even a bad one thinking Bynum should be the focal point now. But your negativity towards another laker player just shows either how immature of a fan you are, or how derisive you choose to be with the rest of the forum. Its getting old.

thats what i been saying i can respect his opinion towards bynum but 90% of his post is about negativity towards kobe and all are not true which drives me crazy.. a real fan will respect other players just like lakerdude, he wants bynum to be the focal point but he is also a big kobe fan if im correct he has a lot of Kobe jersey with his signature in them.

SourceCode
votes: 26
Laker GM
Posts: 3714

This thread is hilarious.

gemfow
votes: 181
LNS HOF Silver

Posts: 12402
Location: Maryland
us.gif

Gastank: you bring up a good point about the post play of Bynum. I think he still has a lot to learn actually, because injuries have slowed his growth as a player without a doubt and people forget he is only 24 even though he is a seven year vet. I think more coaching during training camp will help both the guards and Bynum, but I don't hold a lot of stock in it because Blake and Sessions have been in the league for over four years and I'm just not understanding it from tat aspect.

I'm really irritated that this topic was merged because just like you mentioned it brought on some good discussion which won't be seen because some people will definitely avoid the thread title of Drew vs. Kobe. Dave has sent out a guideline of merging topics to us mods because he didn't seem to agree with it either and the topic merging can't be reversed.

Also forgive my typos, my iPad has auto-correct and a lot of times I don't proof my posts, lol.

Lakerdude: I'm not sure if anyone is out to get you, but this merge shouldn't have happened but I can see where you're coming from because why would one Bynum topic you didn't create be merged and another one that you created wasn't? You bring up an interesting point.

MSDS: I have to agree with some of the other posters on here. We know you're a fan of Bynum and of course continue on being so, I am as well. However, your posts would carry more weight if you toned down the repetive nature of them. It's a bring up Bynum and take a shot at Kobe theme that you seem to give. You can actually bring up one without the other. Just like you, I would like to see Bynm featured a little more, but we have talented players on this team who also need the rock. Bynum will only get better, he is still learning the post position, we can see that due to his obvious mistakes.

KLakers
votes: 2
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1046

MSDS wrote:
Without KObe Bynums future will be fine and would even shine brighter than it is now,,

Kobe is holding back bynum's ability to help this team...

its been proven before that without kobe

the lakers can hold its own and in fact play better team basketball without him...

in fact kobe is the reason we lose some of these winnable games with his selfish play...

How can Kobe be that selfish wheb his assist avg is the best in the team?

KLakers
votes: 2
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1046

KS_v2 wrote:
MSDS wrote:
This is debate is going nowhere, Without Bynum kobe wont get his sixth ring

end of discussion...clearly this is Bynums team....

If we remove one of our big 3, the other two cannot win.

And without Kobe, Bynum wouldn't have even had a ring so far and probably wouldn't have one in the immediate future as well.

Your point being????

Without Pau, Bynum wouldn't have a ring and Kobe in all probability would've had at most 4 titles.

Clearly this is Pau's team.

Try again.

Well said.

lakerdude
votes: 36
Laker GM
Posts: 4665
Location: lakerdude

AyeDGAF wrote:
lakerfan8 wrote:
MSDS.... your words are falling on deaf ears. Everything you say is negative on kobe and lights out awesome for bynum. How about praising both players for once after we win a game. I see where you are coming from and you are entitled to your point of view. It's not even a bad one thinking Bynum should be the focal point now. But your negativity towards another laker player just shows either how immature of a fan you are, or how derisive you choose to be with the rest of the forum. Its getting old.

thats what i been saying i can respect his opinion towards bynum but 90% of his post is about negativity towards kobe and all are not true which drives me crazy.. a real fan will respect other players just like lakerdude, he wants bynum to be the focal point but he is also a big kobe fan if im correct he has a lot of Kobe jersey with his signature in them.

Yep, here it is. A little blurry from a camera phone, but they're all autographed.

lakeshowsd
votes: 145
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14661
Location: North Bend, OR
us.gif

^^ Wow, that's quite the shrine to Kobe, lakerdude. Maybe you ARE a Kobephile! LOL

MSDS
votes: 1
Serious Laker Fan
Posts: 330

AyeDGAF wrote:
lakerfan8 wrote:
MSDS.... your words are falling on deaf ears. Everything you say is negative on kobe and lights out awesome for bynum. How about praising both players for once after we win a game. I see where you are coming from and you are entitled to your point of view. It's not even a bad one thinking Bynum should be the focal point now. But your negativity towards another laker player just shows either how immature of a fan you are, or how derisive you choose to be with the rest of the forum. Its getting old.

thats what i been saying i can respect his opinion towards bynum but 90% of his post is about negativity towards kobe and all are not true which drives me crazy.. a real fan will respect other players just like lakerdude, he wants bynum to be the focal point but he is also a big kobe fan if im correct he has a lot of Kobe jersey with his signature in them.

why am I being singled out here, I dont see people complaining when someone criticize Bynum or wanting Bynum to be traded even at this time when he is clearly the best player on this team or the best center in the NBA at the present... bunch of these kobetards are still shouting Dwight for Bynum on top of their lungs...

If they keep doing that,, I will respond in kind..

Kobe+talent=4morerings
votes: 10
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1704
Location: mesa AZ

dude that kind of rhetoric has mostly died down, and a lot of the concerns about bynum are legitimate!! and bashing kobe does absolutely nothing to help or improve bynums case. u just piss off a lot of fans, they are fan on here who are a bit too critical at times of bynum! but again how does saying kobe sucks justify your case about bynum! and your being singled out because its always the same with you, and kobe is the greatest laker ever!! well him and magic sit on that thrown together!! lol

MSDS
votes: 1
Serious Laker Fan
Posts: 330

he sits with magic? you must be joking

he's not even close...

AyeDGAF
votes: 7
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 6060
Location: Northridge, Los Angeles
rp.gif

Wow @lakerdude in 15 years those jersey/poster will make you multi millionaire LOl

Kobe+talent=4morerings
votes: 10
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1704
Location: mesa AZ

MSDS wrote:
he sits with magic? you must be joking

he's not even close...

really, life long laker, 5 time champion, all time lakers scoring record holder!! 99% of people say he is up there with magic, $**** even magic agrees....only kobe haters disagree, kobe's body of work speaks for itself!!

lakerdude
votes: 36
Laker GM
Posts: 4665
Location: lakerdude

lakeshowsd wrote:
^^ Wow, that's quite the shrine to Kobe, lakerdude. Maybe you ARE a Kobephile! LOL

Yeah. I purchased these after after their 1st championship with Shaq. I have an auto Shaq jersey too. I've always said I've been a huge fan, it's just that I think he hasn't played as well the last couple years, esp this one. I don't mind him missing some shots and not being the same dude, but when he was shooting and missing so much this year like he was trying to prove a point instead of getting the bigs involved, It bothered me, so I've been on it ever since.

lakerdude
votes: 36
Laker GM
Posts: 4665
Location: lakerdude

AyeDGAF wrote:
Wow @lakerdude in 15 years those jersey/poster will make you multi millionaire LOl

I wish, lol. I've had them for over 10 years already. Those aren't posters though, they are photos.

LuvDaLakers
votes: 2
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 2496
Location: Pensacola, FL

Nice collection Lakerdude

LuvDaLakers
votes: 2
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 2496
Location: Pensacola, FL

LuvDaLakers wrote:
Nice collection Lakerdude

Just curious do you have any of Bynum?

lakerdude
votes: 36
Laker GM
Posts: 4665
Location: lakerdude

MSDS wrote:

why am I being singled out here, I dont see people complaining when someone criticize Bynum or wanting Bynum to be traded even at this time when he is clearly the best player on this team or the best center in the NBA at the present... bunch of these kobetards are still shouting Dwight for Bynum on top of their lungs...

If they keep doing that,, I will respond in kind..

lakerdude wrote: I've complained and still do, a lot. I love criticizing the dudes that tear Drew down.

lakerdude
votes: 36
Laker GM
Posts: 4665
Location: lakerdude

LuvDaLakers wrote:
LuvDaLakers wrote:
Nice collection Lakerdude

Just curious do you have any of Bynum?

I have a collection of his autographed rookie cards. I have one auto photo, but that's it. Rookie Sports cards can be worth far more than Auto jerseys and photos. I was too late on Kobe's rookie cards. They were bank right when he came in the NBA. The Bynum's cards weren't that much because he wasn't as famous as Kobe when he came in the league.

DaAssasins
votes: 18
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 974

Hey Lakerdude, any chance you will sell the Laker jersey??

AyeDGAF
votes: 7
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 6060
Location: Northridge, Los Angeles
rp.gif

all i have is a smush parker signature in my old hanes white shirt LOL when i saw him on a mall overweight -_-

DaAssasins
votes: 18
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 974

AyeDGAF wrote:
all i have is a smush parker signature in my old hanes white shirt LOL when i saw him on a mall overweight -_-

LMAO!! Smush happens!!!

SaVaGe-DeF
votes: 51
LNS HOF Gold

Posts: 19687

AyeDGAF wrote:
all i have is a smush parker signature in my old hanes white shirt LOL when i saw him on a mall overweight -_-

How much is that worth?

AyeDGAF
votes: 7
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 6060
Location: Northridge, Los Angeles
rp.gif

Def-one-24-2 wrote:
AyeDGAF wrote:
all i have is a smush parker signature in my old hanes white shirt LOL when i saw him on a mall overweight -_-

How much is that worth?

0.99 cents Sad

TERRY-TEAGLE
votes: 41
Laker GM
Posts: 3664
Location: Belmont Shores,CA

SaVaGe-DeF
votes: 51
LNS HOF Gold
Age: 26

Posts: 19687

AyeDGAF wrote:
Def-one-24-2 wrote:
AyeDGAF wrote:
all i have is a smush parker signature in my old hanes white shirt LOL when i saw him on a mall overweight -_-

How much is that worth?

0.99 cents Sad

That is way to much.


Options Quick Reply: RE: The Official Kobe Bryant vs Andrew Bynum Thread
register
You are an anonymous user- or .
Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
Notify me when a reply is posted
Don't Check Spelling
Note: Twitter & Youtube BBCODE Tags are no longer necessary. The system will automatically convert links to tweets & youtube videos.
   


   
   
register
You are an anonymous user- Register now or Log in Now!