The Official Kobe Bryant vs Andrew Bynum Thread (P. 5)

Lakers Forum » Lakers General Discussions
Author Search This Topic:
 
TheSHOEMAKER
votes: 4
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1055

lakerdude wrote:
TheSHOEMAKER wrote:
MSDS wrote:
Kobe just shoots too much nothing rreally great... he was just in the right place with shaq and the gasol trade... its a fact without those future hall of famers he wont get any rings...

Name a past team who won the NBA championship with only one all-star. Fact of the matter is, every great player needs another star to win. You think Jordan could have won all those titles without Pippen? I mean that would be like putting an asterisk next to Magic Johnson's name because he played with Kareem and Worthy.

We have more than one star. we have Bynum. Give him 20 shots and we win. It's the truth. Just give him the damn shots. Give him a chance. 11 attempts is not enough.

I didn't even mention Bynum because I was commenting on MSDS's comment that Kobe was just in the right place at the right time when he won titles with Shaq and Pau. I was saying that everyone out there needs help in order to win championships. He was making it sound as if Kobe couldn't do it on his own, but in reality no one can. Magic had Kareem. Jordan had Pippen and Rodman (for some). Wade had Shaq. Duncan had Robinson, Parker, and Manu (though not all at the same time). Pierce had Garnett and Allen.

I know Bynum is a star and I also know that Kobe cannot win a championship this year without Bynum, and Bynum cannot win a championship this year without Kobe.

lakerdude
votes: 36
Laker GM
Posts: 4665
Location: lakerdude

I agree Shoemaker. Do you make shoes btw, lol. If you do, make me a pair of Bynum hightops. This game was frustrating in a lot of ways. If you watch the game, I truly saw Drew begging for the ball and they went to something else. that's why we lost. The jumpers didn't fall, and the inside game was working. It's common knowledge that the best game is the the post game, yet we don't use it all the time. What a shame.

TheSHOEMAKER
votes: 4
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1055

Haha nah I wish, it's just my name so I thought it fit ha. But yeah, Sessions or someone else needs to kind of step up to Kobe in a way, and feed the big guys instead of always giving it to Kobe. I have no problem with Kobe taking a lot of shots as long as he's shooting around 45%. It's when he shoots in the 30% range that I get frustrated.

lakeshowsd
votes: 145
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14661
Location: North Bend, OR
us.gif

TheSHOEMAKER wrote:
Haha nah I wish, it's just my name so I thought it fit ha. But yeah, Sessions or someone else needs to kind of step up to Kobe in a way, and feed the big guys instead of always giving it to Kobe. I have no problem with Kobe taking a lot of shots as long as he's shooting around 45%. It's when he shoots in the 30% range that I get frustrated.

Exactly. Kobe struggled mightily tonight. I was really happy with Kobe's shot selection and efficiency in the first 2 games. Tonight he lost his [email protected] mind again. 10 three pointers?!? Seriously, Kobe?

TheSHOEMAKER
votes: 4
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1055

I'm kind of surprised that Kobe hasn't realized yet that he is dang near impossible to guard when he gets the ball around the paint. He has amazing footwork and a nice short range shot that it makes it tough for whoever is guarding him. I love the games or spurts in games where he keeps taking it to the hoop or working from the block because they are high percentage shots and he's effective from there.

AyeDGAF
votes: 7
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 6060
Location: Northridge, Los Angeles
rp.gif

lakerdude wrote:
I agree Shoemaker. Do you make shoes btw, lol. If you do, make me a pair of Bynum hightops. This game was frustrating in a lot of ways. If you watch the game, I truly saw Drew begging for the ball and they went to something else. that's why we lost. The jumpers didn't fall, and the inside game was working. It's common knowledge that the best game is the the post game, yet we don't use it all the time. What a shame.

yea i saw him begging the ball too there was soooo many chance of him getting the ball right when he sealed his man but our damm guards are to p*ssy to fking pass it down low! i also was disappointed to brown for keeping blake in all the way to the end of the game i wanted to see barnes or ebanks out there they both bring energy and cut for some easy baskets...

lakeshowsd
votes: 145
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14661
Location: North Bend, OR
us.gif

TheSHOEMAKER wrote:
I'm kind of surprised that Kobe hasn't realized yet that he is dang near impossible to guard when he gets the ball around the paint. He has amazing footwork and a nice short range shot that it makes it tough for whoever is guarding him. I love the games or spurts in games where he keeps taking it to the hoop or working from the block because they are high percentage shots and he's effective from there.

Yup. I don't get it either. Jordan used to live in that midrange area at the high post. Kobe has that game and we've all seen Kobe beast in the midrange paint like Jordan used to do. Kobe's field goal percentage for his career would be a lot higher if he didn't settle for so many long jumpers and 3-pointers.

AyeDGAF
votes: 7
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 6060
Location: Northridge, Los Angeles
rp.gif

TheSHOEMAKER wrote:
I'm kind of surprised that Kobe hasn't realized yet that he is dang near impossible to guard when he gets the ball around the paint. He has amazing footwork and a nice short range shot that it makes it tough for whoever is guarding him. I love the games or spurts in games where he keeps taking it to the hoop or working from the block because they are high percentage shots and he's effective from there.

yea i wish he does more of those stuff, his % would prob go higher.. i think the reason why he hasnt really work down low is because he had shaq and now the twin towers there is really no space for him to work down low.. but remember when Bynum was injured and pau was on C, kobe was showing some dream shake moves!

KS_v2
votes: 20
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1871

lakeshowsd wrote:
TheSHOEMAKER wrote:
I'm kind of surprised that Kobe hasn't realized yet that he is dang near impossible to guard when he gets the ball around the paint. He has amazing footwork and a nice short range shot that it makes it tough for whoever is guarding him. I love the games or spurts in games where he keeps taking it to the hoop or working from the block because they are high percentage shots and he's effective from there.

Yup. I don't get it either. Jordan used to live in that midrange area at the high post. Kobe has that game and we've all seen Kobe beast in the midrange paint like Jordan used to do. Kobe's field goal percentage for his career would be a lot higher if he didn't settle for so many long jumpers and 3-pointers.

The fact is rules back then allowed the offensive player to punish the D if they went for a semi-zone and tried to double him. The semi-zones they used to run were double-edged swords and made recovering that much harder for the defense.

Besides that, Jordan again could go into the post from the highpost and depend on his teammates to drain them from outside.

However, if that was about this game in particular, I can't be of much help Confused

MSDS
votes: 1
Serious Laker Fan
Posts: 330

kobe's too inconsistent he's not capable of leading this team he should juat becoome the greatest role player for Bynum, by cuttingharder, hitting wide open shots and dumping th eball inside.... kobe justs commits too many turnover... thats the reason we lose games

KS_v2
votes: 20
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1871

MSDS wrote:
kobe's too inconsistent he's not capable of leading this team he should juat becoome the greatest role player for Bynum, by cuttingharder, hitting wide open shots and dumping th eball inside.... kobe justs commits too many turnover... thats the reason we lose games

FAIL

Dave
votes: 45
Site Admin
Posts: 5378

us.gif

MSDS wrote:
kobe's too inconsistent he's not capable of leading this team he should juat becoome the greatest role player for Bynum, by cuttingharder, hitting wide open shots and dumping th eball inside.... kobe justs commits too many turnover... thats the reason we lose games

Whoa- first of all- that's a lot of spelling errors- please refer to the site guidelines #2.

http://lakers.newssurge.com/PNphpBB2-vi ... -2666.html

And say what? Kobe, a role player??! Maybe in a couple years, but that is just non-sense now.

AyeDGAF
votes: 7
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 6060
Location: Northridge, Los Angeles
rp.gif

Dave wrote:
MSDS wrote:
kobe's too inconsistent he's not capable of leading this team he should juat becoome the greatest role player for Bynum, by cuttingharder, hitting wide open shots and dumping th eball inside.... kobe justs commits too many turnover... thats the reason we lose games

Whoa- first of all- that's a lot of spelling errors- please refer to the site guidelines #2.

http://lakers.newssurge.com/PNphpBB2-vi ... -2666.html

And say what? Kobe, a role player??! Maybe in a couple years, but that is just non-sense now.

Finally im not alone,

MSDS
votes: 1
Serious Laker Fan
Posts: 330

Dave wrote:
MSDS wrote:
kobe's too inconsistent he's not capable of leading this team he should juat becoome the greatest role player for Bynum, by cuttingharder, hitting wide open shots and dumping th eball inside.... kobe justs commits too many turnover... thats the reason we lose games

Whoa- first of all- that's a lot of spelling errors- please refer to the site guidelines #2.

http://lakers.newssurge.com/PNphpBB2-vi ... -2666.html

And say what? Kobe, a role player??! Maybe in a couple years, but that is just non-sense now.

thank you for the reference dave...

but im not saying kobe would just be an ordinary role player, maybe second option is better perhaps?

Dave
votes: 45
Site Admin
Posts: 5378

us.gif

^^Second option that's your opinion, but it's fair enough. You did say "role player" though. You do like to point out Kobe's weaknesses, but I think other posters would respect you more if you also acknowledge his (to put it mildly)... positive contributions.

1laker2live
votes: 0
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 87

I think one the reasons why Kobe doesn't shoot well against Okc is because thabo is longer than him he has to beat him off the dribble and even when he does that sometimes the spacing is bad with Drew, Pau , Serge and Perkins on the floor all big bodies

lakeshowsd
votes: 145
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14661
Location: North Bend, OR
us.gif

1laker2live wrote:
I think one the reasons why Kobe doesn't shoot well against Okc is because thabo is longer than him he has to beat him off the dribble and even when he does that sometimes the spacing is bad with Drew, Pau , Serge and Perkins on the floor all big bodies

Exactly. I said the same thing earlier in this thread (or maybe it was a different thread). Kobe often struggles against defenders who are athletic, tall, long, and fleet of foot. This has been true for many, many years.

Remember, against tall, long, athletic defenders, Kobe even struggled when he was in his prime. Take the 2004 NBA Finals for example. Kobe was just 24 or 25 years old, but Tayshaun prince pretty much shut Kobe down for most of that series. Kobe was horrifically inefficient against the length of Tayshaun's D. That was a huge determining factor in that series.

Defense is gonna be the Lakers only hope of winning the OKC series (a vain hope if you ask me) because Kobe, Drew, Pau, and others will struggle against OKC's stifling defense.

ralppcobarde
votes: 28
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 6183

rp.gif

Thabo,Harden,Durant and Russ are a very difficult cover versus Sessions, Kobe and Blake we still need a perimeter guard.

MSDS
votes: 1
Serious Laker Fan
Posts: 330

ralppcobarde wrote:
Thabo,Harden,Durant and Russ are a very difficult cover versus Sessions, Kobe and Blake we still need a perimeter guard.

I agree, thats why 90% of the offense goes thru Bynum ,this way OKC bigs easily gets into foul trouble...

1laker2live
votes: 0
Casual Laker Fan
Posts: 87

MSDS wrote:
ralppcobarde wrote:
Thabo,Harden,Durant and Russ are a very difficult cover versus Sessions, Kobe and Blake we still need a perimeter guard.

I agree, thats why 90% of the offense goes thru Bynum ,this way OKC bigs easily gets into foul trouble...

Most of the offense should go through both Bynum and Gasol. There's no way OKC is going to let 90% of the offense go through Bynum alone they will eventually cut that off if he's basically the only one scoring. Other people need to get a certain amount of touches and knock them down to open things up for both the bigs.

MSDS
votes: 1
Serious Laker Fan
Posts: 330

I agree, pau and drew I have no problem with that...

KS_v2
votes: 20
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1871

lakeshowsd wrote:
1laker2live wrote:
I think one the reasons why Kobe doesn't shoot well against Okc is because thabo is longer than him he has to beat him off the dribble and even when he does that sometimes the spacing is bad with Drew, Pau , Serge and Perkins on the floor all big bodies

Exactly. I said the same thing earlier in this thread (or maybe it was a different thread). Kobe often struggles against defenders who are athletic, tall, long, and fleet of foot. This has been true for many, many years.

Remember, against tall, long, athletic defenders, Kobe even struggled when he was in his prime. Take the 2004 NBA Finals for example. Kobe was just 24 or 25 years old, but Tayshaun prince pretty much shut Kobe down for most of that series. Kobe was horrifically inefficient against the length of Tayshaun's D. That was a huge determining factor in that series.

Defense is gonna be the Lakers only hope of winning the OKC series (a vain hope if you ask me) because Kobe, Drew, Pau, and others will struggle against OKC's stifling defense.

Not gonna disagree with you that Kobe struggled against the Pistons, partly due to Tayshaun's length and partly due to his own stubborn "my way or the highway biatch" attitude he displayed, but Kobe wasn't given the foul calls he deserved that series.

Not saying we would've won because we obviously wouldn't with the way Kobe-Shaq chemistry was fuming, but Kobe would've had a better Finals showing if the refs gave the calls correctly.

Agreed with the D and OKC part though

lakerfan8
votes: 11
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1518

I'm pretty sure this team is going to realize the greatest chink in the armor is perkins. I mean he just got injured for pete's sake. So Bynum is going to be fed early and often in this series.

May sound crazy saying this, but Ibaka is the x-factor guys. He's become a beast twice that of what McGee has brought to the table. If Pau and Bynum can't double the blocks and changed shots that Ibaka does we will have a hard time in the fg percentage comparison. Our bigs have to go strong against this team. If Ibaka and Perkins are sitting on the pine we win.

TheMagicontinues
votes: 5
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 877
Is starting to annoy the HELL out of me, I see times in yesterdays game where he's not even trying for offensive rebounds, he sees the shot go up, and does his little slow shuffle without even trying, twice I saw the guy who got the rebound was a little gaurd, and he could have out jumped him and did a put back. He was getting ripped on ESPN today for his lack of hussle on the PNR. He is barely 'showing' on this play. Dude thinks he's a franchise player, but is far from it, He will never be....

WILT100
votes: 4
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1069
Location: California

Looking forward to LakerDude's response to this post

Kobe+talent=4morerings
votes: 10
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1704
Location: mesa AZ

yup!! we should already put this in the kobe VS bynum thread!! lol

TERRY-TEAGLE
votes: 41
Laker GM
Posts: 3664
Location: Belmont Shores,CA

Kobe+talent=4morerings
votes: 10
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1704
Location: mesa AZ

lets see if we can just debate the issue without bringing any other laker into it??

LuvDaLakers
votes: 2
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 2496
Location: Pensacola, FL

Where is Lakerdude on this one? Lol

TERRY-TEAGLE
votes: 41
Laker GM
Posts: 3664
Location: Belmont Shores,CA

LuvDaLakers wrote:
Where is Lakerdude on this one? Lol

MSDS
votes: 1
Serious Laker Fan
Posts: 330

Just leave the Franchise player alone... he's doin jus fine....

Kobe should take less shots and give it to Bynum since he barely makes them

good thing blake saved us...

lakeshowsd
votes: 145
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14661
Location: North Bend, OR
us.gif

What's scary about Bynum is that he can average 18 points, 10 rebounds, and 4 blocks in a playoff series while only giving an average effort. Wow, what a talent! Most guys try their best and can't put up those numbers for a playoffs series.

Oh, and Neg this thread. Neg it to DEATH! lol

AND it's spelled 'hustle'

Kobe+talent=4morerings
votes: 10
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1704
Location: mesa AZ

i disagree i think drew can be a franchise player, and heres why dude got 17-7 on with less then DESIRED effort!! now our championship aspirations lie in drews giving 100% effort maybe even more! what we really need is a combination of drews game 1-2 but he hasnt showed that yet, i hope he can because against okc,sas, and the hated heat, drew will be the difference between us getting handled or us winning he is, outside of kobe the most important player on the team he is in the position pau was when we won our last 2 championships but he can have a much much bigger impact on defense the pau ever will.... if he wants too. i still think pau is better on offense he has just stepped back and is playing a roll in the team, and i point to when kobe was out pau stepped up and averaged 21 ppg and if you take out the 3 12-13-14 pt games his average was even better!! but he realizes its more important to get drew involved because wither we like it or not his offensive effects his overall game....

gemfow
votes: 181
LNS HOF Silver

Posts: 12402
Location: Maryland
us.gif


Repped High Quality Post

Instead of some of you posters saying where is Lakerdude, why not contribute to the post instead? Stuff like this really degrades the site, if you have an opinion then let it be known instead of acting like school children watching a fight, truly pitiful.

Themagicontinues: I share in your frustration, however I don't share in your opinion. Drew frustrated me with his lack of effort, but at the same time I think I see where it comes from. You may have heard the term, keep your bigs happy, this is so true. Shaq, is a player who comes to mind, he's a big guy and big guys don't really like to come out the paint on pick and rolls, just simple as that. Yao Ming is another guy who didn't show hard on pick and roll and you really can't expect him to, he's not a 250 pound player and this is where I think a lot of you have unfair expectations. The rebounding is effort and he, being Drew is not exhibiting that because he's frustrated on the offensive end. Drew's double team handling is strictly selfishness and him being young, Drew is trying to play offense and is always getting doubled, but instead of having the patience to kick the ball out and repost, he is waiting for a teammate to go through or he's trying to shot over two guys which is terrible ball play. These things have nothing to do with a guy leading a team to rings or being a franchise player. The day you see Drew become the focus and not be ignored offensively is the day you see a happy. It and a big who has other parts of his game pick up.

Next game take a look at when the ball is suppose to go into Drew and the player looks at him and reverses the ball instead, Drew's hands and head will drop, he starts becoming frustrated from an easy pass not being laid into him and then his energy level will drop. This is why you should keep your big men happy.

Kobe+talent=4morerings
votes: 10
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1704
Location: mesa AZ

god i wish msds could be banned or put on suspension!! his post are exactly the same everytime!! give it up!! kobe is the best or 1A laker of all time!! granted he is not in his prime, but he is pretty damn good for past his prime!!

Kobe+talent=4morerings
votes: 10
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1704
Location: mesa AZ

gemfow wrote:
Instead of some of you posters saying where is Lakerdude, why not contribute to the post instead? Stuff like this really degrades the site, if you have an opinion then let it be known instead of acting like school children watching a fight, truly pitiful.

Themagicontinues: I share in your frustration, however I don't share in your opinion. Drew frustrated me with his lack of effort, but at the same time I think I see where it comes from. You may have heard the term, keep your bigs happy, this is so true. Shaq, is a player who comes to mind, he's a big guy and big guys don't really like to come out the paint on pick and rolls, just simple as that. Yao Ming is another guy who didn't show hard on pick and roll and you really can't expect him to, he's not a 250 pound player and this is where I think a lot of you have unfair expectations. The rebounding is effort and he, being Drew is not exhibiting that because he's frustrated on the offensive end. Drew's double team handling is strictly selfishness and him being young, Drew is trying to play offense and is always getting doubled, but instead of having the patience to kick the ball out and repost, he is waiting for a teammate to go through or he's trying to shot over two guys which is terrible ball play. These things have nothing to do with a guy leading a team to rings or being a franchise player. The day you see Drew become the focus and not be ignored offensively is the day you see a happy. It and a big who has other parts of his game pick up.

Next game take a look at when the ball is suppose to go into Drew and the player looks at him and reverses the ball instead, Drew's hands and head will drop, he starts becoming frustrated from an easy pass not being laid into him and then his energy level will drop. This is why you should keep your big men happy.

i agree it kinda makes me angry to see other players beside kobe and pau ignore drew!! they have no right that is there job to feed there best players and sometimes they look to pass to kobe too much!! kobe wont ever be upset if you make a smart basketball play and we score because of it!! and frankly they need to be more selfish and get drew or pau more involved because in the end kobe is a SG and that is what he is going to do he is not a PG so dont expect him to play like one!! thety need to be more aggressive in either A.getting drew/pau the ball or B.getting themselves the ball because in the end kobe is going to get the ball and he will get his shots but we need them to be more selfish, unless we are going to other players for like 3-4 possessions and no scoring then let the mamba loose!!

TheMagicontinues
votes: 5
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 877

lakeshowsd wrote:
What's scary about Bynum is that he can average 18 points, 10 rebounds, and 4 blocks in a playoff series while only giving an average effort. Wow, what a talent! Most guys try their best and can't put up those numbers for a playoffs series.

Oh, and Neg this thread. Neg it to DEATH! lol

AND it's spelled 'hustle'

Thing is, it's fine for a team like Denver, but for a team like OKC or SA??? Bynums going to have to give full effort every game or we get rocked with a sweep like last year against Mavs.

TheMagicontinues
votes: 5
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 877

Kobe+talent=4morerings wrote:
i disagree i think drew can be a franchise player, and heres why dude got 17-7 on with less then DESIRED effort!! now our championship aspirations lie in drews giving 100% effort maybe even more! what we really need is a combination of drews game 1-2 but he hasnt showed that yet, i hope he can because against okc,sas, and the hated heat, drew will be the difference between us getting handled or us winning he is, outside of kobe the most important player on the team he is in the position pau was when we won our last 2 championships but he can have a much much bigger impact on defense the pau ever will.... if he wants too. i still think pau is better on offense he has just stepped back and is playing a roll in the team, and i point to when kobe was out pau stepped up and averaged 21 ppg and if you take out the 3 12-13-14 pt games his average was even better!! but he realizes its more important to get drew involved because wither we like it or not his offensive effects his overall game....

He's just not a good enough passer to be a franchise player, Good thing we still have Pau as a passing big, gives Bynum probably half his points. Bynum's too easy to double team, then his passing is so horrible it's comical to watch at times.

He's a helluva player, and I'm glad we have him, but not a franchise player ever IMO>

a2j1m
votes: 2
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 2307

i think its more so his effort on defense than his effort on offense. ty lawson should NEVER get layups, Faried is 6'7 and out hussles him to put backs and rebounds. game 3 was just mind blowing, i think we threw that game. both mcgee and faried got 15 boards, please

gemfow
votes: 181
LNS HOF Silver

Posts: 12402
Location: Maryland
us.gif

Themagicontinues: I don't thi k you see everything that's going on: in the fourth quarter when Drew received the ball, he was doubled and he kicked it out like he should. Drew is looking to play offense and he doesn't trust that the guards will give him the ball back once he kicks it out and he wants them to go through. This is something Drew does and it is irritating but I believe you're wrong when you say he's a horrible passer, he's just a reluctant passer because he wants to score.

lakeshowsd
votes: 145
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14661
Location: North Bend, OR
us.gif

TheMagicontinues wrote:

Thing is, it's fine for a team like Denver, but for a team like OKC or SA??? Bynums going to have to give full effort every game or we get rocked with a sweep like last year against Mavs.

Well, why don't we wait and see how Bynum plays against OKC first before you just assume that Drew is not going to play good enough?

TheMagicontinues
votes: 5
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 877

gemfow wrote:
The rebounding is effort and he, being Drew is not exhibiting that because he's frustrated on the offensive end..

I hate that attitude, and Andrew's is more demonstrative than I ever remember Shaq's being, Shaq WAS a franchise player, so I wouldn't try to compare him with Andrew at this point, if ever. Just rebound, block shots, and play help D, and this team has a shot, If he continues his lackluster play and staying unhappy because of a percieved "there ignoring me" roll attitude, we have no chance.

MSDS
votes: 1
Serious Laker Fan
Posts: 330

Bynum is a go to type of a player dont make him a role player we already have that in Jordan Hill, he hustles and picks up loose ball and if he scores its a bonus dotn expect Bynum to do that all the time he s way too good for that , Hill s a stronger version of Howard... If kobe shoots less and get Bynum the ball with his high FG% games would be easy for the lakers especially for kobe...

If the lakers wants to win the chip this yr. Bynum or even Pau has to be the focal point

Question is if kobe would be smart enough to know that... coz history shows if he's not the main guy hed be more than willing to bring the down the team with him...

gemfow
votes: 181
LNS HOF Silver

Posts: 12402
Location: Maryland
us.gif

TheMagicontinues wrote:
gemfow wrote:
The rebounding is effort and he, being Drew is not exhibiting that because he's frustrated on the offensive end..

I hate that attitude, and Andrew's is more demonstrative than I ever remember Shaq's being, Shaq WAS a franchise player, so I wouldn't try to compare him with Andrew at this point, if ever. Just rebound, block shots, and play help D, and this team has a shot, If he continues his lackluster play and staying unhappy because of a percieved "there ignoring me" roll attitude, we have no chance.

You may hate that attitude, but a lot of bigs do have that. They figure why go all out on defense if the team doesn't get me involved on offense? Anyone who plays in the post like myself gets frustrated when a player looks you off hen you fight for good position and then you see someone else take a low percentage shot instead. It goes back to the saying, keep your bigs happy.

TheMagicontinues
votes: 5
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 877

MSDS wrote:
Bynum is a go to type of a player

He can be, but there are times like games 2 thru 4 where Denver has made a conscience strategy to double him, which is working pretty well, he's just not handled it very well. And it's made him become frustrated, and thus his lackluster attitude. What he doesn't realize is if he wants more points/scoring, just get some offensive rebounds and dunk the crap out of them.

TheSHOEMAKER
votes: 4
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1055

I agree with you when you talk about being frustrated by the lack of hustle because believe me, I've felt the same before. Drew still puts up pretty good numbers even when he's not working the hardest, it's just that when we all know he can do even more is when it starts to bother me. Bynum is an enormous talent. I disagree full heartedly with you when you say that he will never be a franchise player. That's just ignorance right there. To me, Bynum isn't a franchise player quite yet but he's close that's for sure. I think if he had the same mentality as Kobe, he would easily be one of the best players in the league, if not THE best.

TheMagicontinues
votes: 5
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 877

gemfow wrote:
TheMagicontinues wrote:
gemfow wrote:
The rebounding is effort and he, being Drew is not exhibiting that because he's frustrated on the offensive end..

I hate that attitude, and Andrew's is more demonstrative than I ever remember Shaq's being, Shaq WAS a franchise player, so I wouldn't try to compare him with Andrew at this point, if ever. Just rebound, block shots, and play help D, and this team has a shot, If he continues his lackluster play and staying unhappy because of a percieved "there ignoring me" roll attitude, we have no chance.

You may hate that attitude, but a lot of bigs do have that. They figure why go all out on defense if the team doesn't get me involved on offense? Anyone who plays in the post like myself gets frustrated when a player looks you off hen you fight for good position and then you see someone else take a low percentage shot instead. It goes back to the saying, keep your bigs happy.

Andrew's getting plenty of touches, they are just doubleing him in this series more than I can ever remember, an obvious strategy they have choosen. The reason they maybe looking him off is because they know the double team is coming immediatly, and Andrew is just not a good enough passer, so they go to Pau's side.

One thing the lakers need to run more of is the double high post with Pau and Bynum, let Pau get it and do more lobs to Andrew before the double comes, that works almost every time and they don't run it enough.

TheSHOEMAKER
votes: 4
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1055

The reason it works almost every time is because they don't it all the time. If the defense knew what was going on, you think they would allow the lob?

L4K
votes: 61
LNS HOF Bronze

Posts: 8306
Location: Sydney, Australia
it.gif

Moved to the Kobe v Drew thread.

lakeshowsd
votes: 145
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 14661
Location: North Bend, OR
us.gif

MSDS wrote:
Bynum is a go to type of a player dont make him a role player we already have that in Jordan Hill, he hustles and picks up loose ball and if he scores its a bonus dotn expect Bynum to do that all the time he s way too good for that , Hill s a stronger version of Howard... If kobe shoots less and get Bynum the ball with his high FG% games would be easy for the lakers especially for kobe...

If the lakers wants to win the chip this yr. Bynum or even Pau has to be the focal point

Question is if kobe would be smart enough to know that... coz history shows if he's not the main guy hed be more than willing to bring the down the team with him...

MSDS,

Yeah, Bynum is a "go to" player, and not a role-player. It's obvious. The Lakers went to Bynum early and throughout the game, and he delivered to the tune of 8 for 12 shooting and 19 points. He was the most efficient and effective scorer we had last night. Plus, Drew blocked 3 shots, so he was actively protecting the paint too. Did Bynum dominate the glass in terms of rebounding? No, but 7 rebounds still shows a decent effort. It's not like he had 2 or 3 rebounds only.

Bynum played a big part in the win last night and he did his job on both ends of the floor. People want Bynum to be dominant every night but that's just not realistic at this point. The Lakers have too many other stars and too many other good players. Even Kobe is not dominant every night (though he always dominates the shot attempts) and he's our established Superstar.


Options Quick Reply: RE: The Official Kobe Bryant vs Andrew Bynum Thread
register
You are an anonymous user- or .
Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
Notify me when a reply is posted
Don't Check Spelling
Note: Twitter & Youtube BBCODE Tags are no longer necessary. The system will automatically convert links to tweets & youtube videos.
   


   
   
register
You are an anonymous user- Register now or Log in Now!