Mike Brown locked in on the season

Lakers Forum » Lakers News
Author Search This Topic:
 
SaVaGe-DeF
votes: 51
LNS HOF Gold
Age: 26

Posts: 19687
 
Quote:
Mike Brown can't get too comfortable at a Manhattan Beach restaurant before he's approached by other customers. They all want to know the same thing: Will there be basketball soon? The new Lakers coach smiles easily, says he hopes so, and offers a few pleasantries. It has been a strange few months for the guy picked to replace Phil Jackson. He rushed his family from Ohio to Anaheim Hills at the end of May and hurried to meet as many players as possible before contact with them was barred by the NBA's lockout July 1. Brown has been in lockout limbo since then, unable....

Browns-a-Clown
votes: 16
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1908
Location: France
fr.gif

/\ > Pure smoke & mirrors. Plain and simple. This is what clowns are best at.

BiggestLakersFan
votes: 21
Laker GM
Posts: 2679

us.gif

Browns-a-Clown wrote:
/\ > Pure smoke & mirrors. Plain and simple. This is what clowns are best at.

Why are you being so harsh towards him? Give the man a chance to prove what he is really worth. If he really turns out to be a bust, then you can ridicule him all you want.

Browns-a-Clown
votes: 16
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Age: 107
Posts: 1908
Location: France
fr.gif

BiggestLakersFan wrote:
Browns-a-Clown wrote:
/\ > Pure smoke & mirrors. Plain and simple. This is what clowns are best at.

Why are you being so harsh towards him? Give the man a chance to prove what he is really worth. If he really turns out to be a bust, then you can ridicule him all you want.

Nope. Can't do it. WON'T do it. Been around long enough to know a stupid hire when I see one; and not only that -- but I am by no means a "sheeple-fan" who simply goes along to get along. After all, with that particular "logic", as stated above, why don't we just give ANYONE a "chance"? Also, there's that small, relatively mundane, yet pesky issue of "freedom of speech", which really needs to be addressed here, as well...

Harsh? Well, compared to what I am really thinking, I'm being as sensitive & gentle as Mr. Rogers. In being as kind as possible, I will say that the bottom-line is this: Brown is a Doofus. A babbling dolt. An inept, blithering moron. Barely two steps above that pantheon of coaching success, Byron Scott. A year from now, if God forbid, his Brown-clown A$$ is still around, you very same folks who are screaming to "give him a chance", WILL be screaming for his head on a platter. No question about it. And if by some slim chance this team has any measure of success this year, it WON'T, by any means, be because of the supposed coaching acumen of The Clown-Brown, but it WILL be as a direct result of the presence of Ettore Messina, and no one else & nothing more. Period.

Speaking of "nothing more", The Clown-Brown is nothing more than a relatively short-term "Bridge Hire". And one who came in at a comparatively low price (much like Gene Bartow did with John Wooden, and Randy Pfund & his subsequent ilk did with Riles, etc.), solely & specifically for the fill-the-shoes-of-a-legend/post-Phil Jackson era, until the "real", eventual long-term coach-of-the-future rises to the forefront and becomes self-evident (and my strong hunch is that it will most likely be that one-and-the very same, fore-mentioned, Ettore Messina Very Happy, BTW). Going back to time immemorial, when one immediately follows a legend, this pattern is exactly what occurs in 98% of these cases. This particular Clown is no better, and no different than all the rest of 'em.

And believe it, or not, there are mind-ful Laker fans out there who actually think for themselves in an independent manner; as opposed to those mind-less fans who simply take the easy-way out and reactively & thoughtlessly follow the perspective of the crowd (Tisk-tisk. Most of you know who you are, and you should really be ashamed of yourselves). Many of us Laker fans, along with other fans out there in the NBA landscape, feel very strongly that Brown IS, in reality, a Clown (just ask 95% of Cleveland, for example). And where necessary, we will be quite vocal about it. And, with all due respect, don't any of you on the other side of this issue ever forget that fact, or even begin to attempt to quash our right to freely speak our respective minds about it. Plain and simple: Brown is a Clown -- and he proves as much on a daily basis.

As Laker Fans, just how low have our standards dropped? Well -- let us take a gander and see: First, far too many of us go to the extreme length of repetitively exalting an injury-prone, immature & low personal-character center who throws up Vlade Divac/Elmore Smith-like numbers, and often place him almost into the stratosphere of Kareem & Wilt; next, simply because we beat the Celtics in last year's finals -- and with so many of us that were too busy thumping our chests -- almost no one seemed to notice the horrendously inept & lackluster defensive effort put forth by one Pau Gasol against a semi-injured & oft-hurting KG (what was for Pau, of course, a portention of things to come); and then, after all this broo-ha-ha, here comes the kicker: upon the hiring of The Clown-Brown, insofar as said hiring of this moron idiot-clown is concerned, an unusually large portion of us go to the extreme of "hail & praise" with our posts, as if he has actually accomplished something of substantial note. Simply un-be-lieve-able. To those of you who did so: Are your lives really THAT empty, to where you have to bank that much false hope on a blathering-twit of a mouth-breather -- such as Clown-Brown?

Funny-Sad part is, that 20, even 30+ years ago, as a collective group and as proud Laker fans, we would have NEVER stood for any of this garbage. Not for one second (just ask Butch van Breda Kolf, Joe Mullaney, Elmore Smith, Vlade Divac, and Cedric Ceballos, etc., to name but a few). But here, so many of us now blissfully & blithely sit today as blank-faced, blandly smiling "Stepford fans", with thumbs firmly planted in rectum, just going along to get along -- to hell with the facts and the historical record. I can only hope and pray that most of you in that above mentioned group are not like this with your politics and/or your social perspectives, Lol.

From where I stand, here in this "three-ringed circus", where I typically dwell, all of this comes down to only one basic question: Just what in God's name, have we, as Laker fans, become?

Skyeword
votes: 68
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 7527
Location: Atlanta
us.gif
The entire previous post is one of the most self indulgent, baseless, judgmental, logically fallacious posts I have ever witnessed by a human being let alone here at LTB. Congratulations for that. I read alot. From an utterly subjective platform, you seek to defame a person who actually has done well in the NBA including defeating the Lakers twice handily during their last championship run and winning over 60 games with only one star, and twice as I recall... He's self assured, philosophically clear, has Kobe's respect and does indeed have the gargantuan task of following one of sports all time most successful coaches in a spoiled market with extremely high expectations. He is correct that the Lakers will benefit from a defensive focus and my single point of agreement is that I hope he did not merely say this because it was the right thing to say. It was his focus in Cleveland, so I trust his word. You seek to back up this baseless rant with factoids that tell the reader, "See, I know what I'm talking about." You remind me or a politician of a tenured professor with a ton of intellectual cash though no sense or wisdom. This was as much a Jerry Buss hire as the rest of the lot and I doubt you have enough hairspray to include him in your 'finally free from the asylum' speech! I don't know Coach Brown any more than that festering boil on your arse that has you pissed off at the world and snarlin' at the wind, but you owe the man some respect and were he here, an apology. I live by a few principles as well which includes respect always and I will call your bluff if my 'diss' radar....

Browns-a-Clown
votes: 16
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Age: 107
Posts: 1908
Location: France
fr.gif
/\ > Thank you for your beautiful, and well thought-out critique, Mr. Walkin'. For some one who "reads a lot", you sure don't write very clearly; but that's ok, as I put a good amount of effort into making sense out of most of it. Took me awhile, though, which is why I took a bit longer than otherwise anticipated to get back to you, and for that I sincerely apologize. And I'm not sure if you're aware of this, or not, but your direct personal attacks of me that are in clear violation of LTB's guidelines say much about you, and your respect for, as well as your ability to follow rules. I hope that helps. To set the record straight, this was by no means a "rant", and I am speaking for many. Your personal definition/connotation of the term must be very loose. You know, I have every right to not like this coaching choice, as well as every right to say so, as often and in any manner of my choosing -- and to do so without concern for any personal attacks from high-horse, controlling types, such as yourself. I love the Lakers. Been a serious fan for a far longer duration than you have, as well as the fact that I have been to many, many more games than you have, thus spending much more money on them than you ever have, or probably ever will -- and I will guarantee you that much. So I've more than earned my right to have my say. However -- there are three individuals on the Lakers that I simply do not like. Andrew Bynum, Pau Gasol, and The Clown-Brown (who I actually tremendously like as a human being, but just NOT as our coach), and I am going to be quite vocal about....

DFishSuperFan
votes: 19
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1539

us.gif

I read you first post Mr. Clown and heard a lot of the, "Brown is a Doofus. A babbling dolt. An inept, blithering moron. Barely two steps above that pantheon of coaching success, Byron Scott". Well, I was just wondering if you could more specifically explain why you feel Mike Brown would be a horrible coach for the Lakers?

I myself was worried about how he'd handle the Lakers offense but after learning of Ettore Messinas hiring, am far less concerned. My other issue with Brown was that during his time in Cleveland I felt that he didn't assert himself as the one in charge and let LeBron James have the final decision on a far too regular basis. I'm hoping he doesn't crack under Kobe's superstar status and do the same.

Still though I'd have to categorize myself as one of the optimistic fans who hopes he does well because the fact of the matter is I have no say in who the new coach is going to be and I prefer to hope the best for the Lakers every year despite what the roster or coaching staff is. I know you refer to this as a "Stepford fan" mannerism but honestly I don't see the point in throwing a tantrum and calling the new coach immature names. That kind of pent up negativity takes too much energy for something you, nor I, have any control over.

Skyeword
votes: 68
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 7527
Location: Atlanta
us.gif

Yo Clown, consider yourself blocked. I hope the moderators agree with me. There's a difference between unsolicited disrespect and earned disrespect. You committed the crime. I pointed it out. I genuinely think you are deranged.

WatchTheSkyFall24
votes: 22
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 6226

us.gif

What season?

Browns-a-Clown
votes: 16
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1908
Location: France
fr.gif

Walkin' wrote:
Yo Clown, consider yourself blocked. I hope the moderators agree with me. There's a difference between unsolicited disrespect and earned disrespect. You committed the crime. I pointed it out. I genuinely think you are deranged.

A crime in the eyes of one who doesn't even come close to practicing what he preaches. Interesting.

Also, I bet that you wouldn't call me "deranged" if I wasn't a clown. You, my dear sir, are nothing less than A CLOWNIST!

Browns-a-Clown
votes: 16
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1908
Location: France
fr.gif

WatchTheSkyFall24 wrote:
What season?

For every season, there is a reason.

Will there be a reason for this season?

LakersFan11
votes: 0
NewsSurge Newbie
Posts: 21
Location: Cali

I at first wasn't a mike brown fan either, but whenever the season starts we will just have to wait and see. I liked Adelman

Lakers4TW
votes: 3
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 652

clown you couldve concised your entire post to a few simple sentences. 'i dont like brown. laker fans arent what they use to be'. you make futile attempts to reinforce mainly your own with laker fans, rather then make a legitimate argument as to why brown is a bad hire. how is your post in any shape or form beneficial to this forum? we arent preventing you from thinking of brown as a "clown", but your rant on us laker fans, and the lack of intelligent material berates your credibility immensely. you can type a grammatically composed, lengthy post, and think you've said something intelligent and beneficial, but in actuality its just filled with unnecessary banter and ramblings... a total void of contribution.

Browns-a-Clown
votes: 16
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1908
Location: France
fr.gif

Lakers4TW wrote:
clown you couldve concised your entire post to a few simple sentences. 'i dont like brown. laker fans arent what they use to be'. you make futile attempts to reinforce mainly your own with laker fans, rather then make a legitimate argument as to why brown is a bad hire. how is your post in any shape or form beneficial to this forum? we arent preventing you from thinking of brown as a "clown", but your rant on us laker fans, and the lack of intelligent material berates your credibility immensely. you can type a grammatically composed, lengthy post, and think you've said something intelligent and beneficial, but in actuality its just filled with unnecessary banter and ramblings... a total void of contribution.

Thanks for summarizing my exact line of thinking, and sharing your own, personal opinion, there, L4TW.

And it's "us Laker fans", of which I am most certainly one. Also, please define the "banter and ramblings," for my own personal growth purposes, if you could be so kind.

Mucho Appreciado.

PS

Just some FYI; you could have concised your entire post to just one single sentence: "I don't like what you wrote".

jk9999990
votes: 0
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 853

I really feel good bout Brown i feel a change is what we need and i hope once the lockout is over that Brown will have this team in championship form!

Browns-a-Clown
votes: 16
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1908
Location: France
fr.gif

jk9999990 wrote:
I really feel good bout Brown i feel a change is what we need and i hope once the lockout is over that Brown will have this team in championship form!

I love positivity. Hope Springs eternal!

cuckooroller
votes: 114
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12411
Location: Italy

Clown,

More than an anthem to free speech, you seem to want to create friction. Your post seems extremely polemic. State your opinions, but when people disagree do not start throwing up our site rules. I don't know you well enough to decide if your posting is flaming, also not allowed by site rules. Further, I am asking myself why a user purportedly located in France, has all of his IP's tracing back to Los Angeles!

Browns-a-Clown
votes: 16
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1908
Location: France
fr.gif

cuckooroller wrote:
Clown,

More than an anthem to free speech, you seem to want to create friction. Your post seems extremely polemic. State your opinions, but when people disagree do not start throwing up our site rules. I don't know you well enough to decide if your posting is flaming, also not allowed by site rules. Further, I am asking myself why a user purportedly located in France, has all of his IP's tracing back to Los Angeles!

From France. Don't know why my IP's are tracing to Los Angeles, because I've been in Jacksonville, Florida for the last little while. Guess you'll have to talk to my ISP about that one. That is, unless you're bluffing.

It is not my intention, BTW, under any circumstances, to create friction here. It's more like to provoke thought. Funny, though, how that is so often said, almost verbatim, by those whose feathers are ruffled by any level or type of dissent.

My statements weren't even close to flaming. By reading your past posts, you appear easily adept enough to know that.

cuckooroller
votes: 114
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12411
Location: Italy

Not bluffing. Anybody can trace the IP's, and that is why there is an iP button.

I also do not flame. However, there are one or two places where the users get into it heavily, and it is allowed, specifically the thread involving Politics. In the rest of the threads I very rarely engage any of the users personally in such a manner as to heighten the tension in the thread. I attempt to moderate and lower the tension levels in those threads.

Browns-a-Clown
votes: 16
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1908
Location: France
fr.gif

Yes. Glad to know you're not bluffing. Well aware of IP traceability, and the ease thereof. But, I'm still in Jacksonville.

[KB24]KushFiend
votes: 0
NewsSurge Newbie
Posts: 2

Browns a Clown has THE BEST grammar and punctuation I have ever seen here on TB. So sad, I mean he is French yet he seems to speak and write better than all of us who learned English as a first language. Well second language for me. At first I thought he was a douche, but he is more polite, prompt, and eloquent than anyone here.

I still think Brown can do a good job in LA though. He was good in Cleveland with LeChoke James. Kobe is getting some much needed rest with this long off season. At Kobe's age with all his experience a long off season can only help. I don't worry about his conditioning or readiness to play when the season starts. If we actually have a season Sad please end the lockout NOW. Same goes for Pau he just gassed out on us in the post season. We overused him early on, playing him over 40 minutes a game he couldn't hang. I am very optimistic about this season, I feel we can go back on top. I see us at least making the finals this year, and if Kobe can find some youth with this long rest the he can put us over the hump. The only players that worry me are Metta and Fish. Metta is just too erratic and unreliable at times, and Fish is too damn old and busy with the NBPA. Also having Bynum be 100 percent and ready at the start of the season, which hasn't happened in each of the past two years, is a big plus. Stay healthy big man.

cuckooroller
votes: 114
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12411
Location: Italy

Browns-a-Clown wrote:
Yes. Glad to know you're not bluffing. Well aware of IP traceability, and the ease thereof. But, I'm still in Jacksonville.

I did not waste my time tracing each one - traced two, one with a los prefix, and another with an lax prefix - both wind up in Los Angeles. Hope you like Jacksonville - I did not like it that much but when I was there I lived at NAS Jax and any excursion off-base was a voyage into Crackeropolis (we're talking about the early 70's however, maybe it has changed).

Skyeword
votes: 68
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 7527
Location: Atlanta
us.gif

Yo Kush, with only 2 posts here at LTB, and only 26 by your alter ego, I wonder how much bad grammar you have had to endure? Yeah, it's a real tear jerker I tell ya'!

They're coming to take you away uh ha oh me oh my, to the funny farm where life is beautiful all day long, there coming to take you away! LOL

Let us pray....."Please Dead God, inspire Cuckoo-Roller, perfectly named under the circumstances, to offer LTB a public service and liberate this fine sports chat venue from wayward distractors." Amen

Browns-a-Clown
votes: 16
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1908
Location: France
fr.gif

cuckooroller wrote:
Browns-a-Clown wrote:
Yes. Glad to know you're not bluffing. Well aware of IP traceability, and the ease thereof. But, I'm still in Jacksonville.

I did not waste my time tracing each one - traced two, one with a los prefix, and another with an lax prefix - both wind up in Los Angeles. Hope you like Jacksonville - I did not like it that much but when I was there I lived at NAS Jax and any excursion off-base was a voyage into Crackeropolis (we're talking about the early 70's however, maybe it has changed).

"Crackeropolis"! You just kill me, Mr. Roller. You are one funny Italian.

Browns-a-Clown
votes: 16
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Age: 107
Posts: 1908
Location: France
fr.gif

Walkin' wrote:
Yo Kush, with only 2 posts here at LTB, and only 26 by your alter ego, I wonder how much bad grammar you have had to endure? Yeah, it's a real tear jerker I tell ya'!

They're coming to take you away uh ha oh me oh my, to the funny farm where life is beautiful all day long, there coming to take you away! LOL

Let us pray....."Please Dead God, inspire Cuckoo-Roller, perfectly named under the circumstances, to offer LTB a public service and liberate this fine sports chat venue from wayward distractors." Amen

Gee, this fella sure hates dissent, doesn't he? Wow, with each passing post, he sure appears to fit more, and more, and quite well with those guys back in 1933 Germany; "I don't like what you say, the way in which you say it, or what you stand for -- so I'm going to implore the authorities to take you away". With his transparent & petty euphemisms, he surely must somehow be attached to the propaganda field. Real piece of work, this one. How unfortunate for him. Quite sad, actually. Sad

PS

And for a guy that's supposedly "Blocking" me -- this one sure appears to enjoy keeping tabs on me. And he says that others don't play with a full deck? Wow.

Browns-a-Clown
votes: 16
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1908
Location: France
fr.gif

[KB24]KushFiend wrote:
Browns a Clown has THE BEST grammar and punctuation I have ever seen here on TB. So sad, I mean he is French yet he seems to speak and write better than all of us who learned English as a first language. Well second language for me. At first I thought he was a douche, but he is more polite, prompt, and eloquent than anyone here.

I still think Brown can do a good job in LA though. He was good in Cleveland with LeChoke James. Kobe is getting some much needed rest with this long off season. At Kobe's age with all his experience a long off season can only help. I don't worry about his conditioning or readiness to play when the season starts...

Thank you, Mr. Kush. You're not so bad, yourself. And I love your optimism, I really do. Sometimes I wish that I still had it. Used to, but not any more.

Browns-a-Clown
votes: 16
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1908
Location: France
fr.gif

LakersFan11 wrote:
I at first wasn't a mike brown fan either, but whenever the season starts we will just have to wait and see. I liked Adelman

Me, too, LF11. Me too. I would of bet my house that he would of been "the one".

Browns-a-Clown
votes: 16
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1908
Location: France
fr.gif

DFishSuperFan wrote:
I read you first post Mr. Clown and heard a lot of the, "Brown is a Doofus. A babbling dolt. An inept, blithering moron. Barely two steps above that pantheon of coaching success, Byron Scott". Well, I was just wondering if you could more specifically explain why you feel Mike Brown would be a horrible coach for the Lakers?

I myself was worried about how he'd handle the Lakers offense but after learning of Ettore Messinas hiring, am far less concerned. My other issue with Brown was that during his time in Cleveland I felt that he didn't assert himself as the one in charge and let LeBron James have the final decision on a far too regular basis. I'm hoping he doesn't crack under Kobe's superstar status and do the same.

...I know you refer to this as a "Stepford fan" mannerism but honestly I don't see the point in throwing a tantrum and calling the new coach immature names. That kind of pent up negativity takes too much energy for something you, nor I, have any control over.

Thank you for your input, DFSF. Your points and questions are 100% valid, and to answer you in the most proper, accurate, and respectable manner would literally take me well over an hour to compose. But I do have my reasons for feeling the way that I do, and I strongly believe that they are valid. Primarily due to time-constraints, I cannot get into the particulars at this time, as I am Deeply involved in the Occupy Movement here in Jacksonville, as well as with other locales, worldwide (Hence, my past "Circus" references, Lol). I honestly feel that my words were "descriptions", and not "name-calling", and I promise to address your concerns in due course, and at a later time. You have my word, and I hope you understand.

cuckooroller
votes: 114
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12411
Location: Italy

Browns-a-Clown wrote:
cuckooroller wrote:
Browns-a-Clown wrote:
Yes. Glad to know you're not bluffing. Well aware of IP traceability, and the ease thereof. But, I'm still in Jacksonville.

I did not waste my time tracing each one - traced two, one with a los prefix, and another with an lax prefix - both wind up in Los Angeles. Hope you like Jacksonville - I did not like it that much but when I was there I lived at NAS Jax and any excursion off-base was a voyage into Crackeropolis (we're talking about the early 70's however, maybe it has changed).

"Crackeropolis"! You just kill me, Mr. Roller. You are one funny Italian.

Not Italian, native-american, grew up in L.A. I just live in Italy.

Browns-a-Clown
votes: 16
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1908
Location: France
fr.gif

cuckooroller wrote:
Browns-a-Clown wrote:

"Crackeropolis"! You just kill me, Mr. Roller. You are one funny Italian.

Not Italian, native-american, grew up in L.A. I just live in Italy.

Then , I stand corrected, Mr. Roller. You are one funny Native-American who happens to live in Italy. Wink

Skyeword
votes: 68
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 7527
Location: Atlanta
us.gif

Forgot to mention Monsieur Bozo, where you wrote "I would of bet my house that he would of been "the one"," that's grammatically incorrect! The contraction would've - would have - merely sounds like would of.

Geeez! It's utterly shocking just how impoverished the basic writing skills on LTB have become wouldn't you agree?

jk9999990
votes: 0
Big-Time Laker Fan
Posts: 853

Browns-a-Clown wrote:
jk9999990 wrote:
I really feel good bout Brown i feel a change is what we need and i hope once the lockout is over that Brown will have this team in championship form!

I love positivity. Hope Springs eternal!

Well there only way one to feel and that positive this guy hasn't even coach one game yet so we got to see what he brings to the table and remain positive because he will be the coach of the future unless Phil wants to coach again Rudy T scenario lol.

Browns-a-Clown
votes: 16
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1908
Location: France
fr.gif

jk9999990 wrote:
Browns-a-Clown wrote:
jk9999990 wrote:
I really feel good bout Brown i feel a change is what we need and i hope once the lockout is over that Brown will have this team in championship form!

I love positivity. Hope Springs eternal!

Well there only way one to feel and that positive this guy hasn't even coach one game yet so we got to see what he brings to the table and remain positive because he will be the coach of the future unless Phil wants to coach again Rudy T scenario lol.

We saw what he brought to the table, which wasn't really that much. I Like what Ettore Messina Brings to the table much better. In the real world, Guys like Brown are Assistants under guys like Messina -- not the other way around.

LALayup
votes: 125
LNS HOF Silver

Posts: 13693
Location: RRTX

^^ Walkin', I believe the reason the Youtube video you posted above would not embed is because the URL used already contained an embedding reference. That won't work. Hope that makes sense. You can go back and edit it if you want, or just keep that in mind for future reference.

Skyeword
votes: 68
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 7527
Location: Atlanta
us.gif

LakerRRTX wrote:
^^ Walkin', I believe the reason the Youtube video you posted above would not embed is because the URL used already contained an embedding reference. That won't work. Hope that makes sense. You can go back and edit it if you want, or just keep that in mind for future reference.

RRTX, I understand the words though I am not sure how to resolve that. I grabbed the url from the source on YouTube so why would that have an embed reference already in it given that you must upload to You Tube rather than link?

LALayup
votes: 125
LNS HOF Silver

Posts: 13693
Location: RRTX

Hmmm... maybe the link for embedding the video was copied off the original page? Those are usually available on the page for each video although I think that might be discretionary. It's not a big deal at all but I know you were probably frustrated with it. Usually an embedded reference will have something like "embedded&" as part of the address in addition to the basic video address code. If it does then you know you'll have to change it to the original video address.

By the way, I usually just take the address off the location bar in most browsers. I realize you may have done that as well. I'd say just watch for clues in the address you're copying into LTB. Best to you. Hope that helps.

Here's a little more about embedding:

http://www.google.com/support/youtube/bin/answer.py?answ er=171780[/url]

Skyeword
votes: 68
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 7527
Location: Atlanta
us.gif

LakerRRTX wrote:
Hmmm... maybe the link for embedding the video was copied off the original page? Those are usually available on the page for each video although I think that might be discretionary. It's not a big deal at all but I know you were probably frustrated with it. Usually an embedded reference will have something like "embedded&" as part of the address in addition to the basic video address code. If it does then you know you'll have to change it to the original video address.

By the way, I usually just take the address off the location bar in most browsers. I realize you may have done that as well. I'd say just watch for clues in the address you're copying into LTB. Best to you. Hope that helps.

Here's a little more about embedding:

http://www.google.com/support/youtube/bin/answer.py?answ er=171780[/quote:9d332383e6]

Thanks RTTX.... HTML = Hypertext Madness Language!

Is it as simple as deleting the word embedded from the address?

lakerfan8
votes: 11
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1518

Alot of fighting amongst fans. We are all on the same side here. purple and gold wins in the postseason. I did not like the Brown hire myself. I do think he is a good coach, but he doesn't handle ego well. San Antonio had less egos to deal with and he wasn't the head coach. Lebron ran the show. Kobe will do the same. Hopefully his offense and defense, just because it is different will unleash a new kobe who hasn't had much experience running anything else (barring USA and Tomjonavich's 1/2 season)


Options Quick Reply: RE: Mike Brown locked in on the season
register
You are an anonymous user- or .
Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
Notify me when a reply is posted
Don't Check Spelling
Note: Twitter & Youtube BBCODE Tags are no longer necessary. The system will automatically convert links to tweets & youtube videos.
   


   
   
register
You are an anonymous user- Register now or Log in Now!