The Official Lakers Trade Ideas Thread (P. 246)

Lakers News Surge Forum/Message Board » Lakers General Discussions
Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Search This Topic:
 
JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 7901

us.gif
votes: 17

kkennon1 wrote:
Yeah but is Kat really a 5 ??? I don't think so. He's had his best games at 4.

Yeah. Now days he's easily a 5. You really just play your best 5 guys and gotta have at least 1 true big which KAT is. If Draymond & Randle & Horford can be centers, KAT definitely can. Him & Randle as your bigs is very nice. They can switch everything with an Ingram or a George as the SF. If KAT rededicated himself at the defensive end (which is the only way I'd trade for him) that'd be a great defensive unit with Ball and Hart/KCP.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16854
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

JJCali wrote:
Yes! I've been saying that! Well before anyone else gave him any criticism.

I wonder if Thibs actually tried to get him to go to the post more and KAT just said the hell with that. I know Calipari had him posting a lot at UK more than him shooting 3's.


MAGICLAKEZ
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 13639
Location: Los Angeles, California
us.gif
votes: 60

userpete1037 wrote:
I wonder if Thibs actually tried to get him to go to the post more and KAT just said the hell with that. I know Calipari had him posting a lot at UK more than him shooting 3's.

One thing about Thibs....he will make a Ferrari look like a graveyard junk. Lmao!!


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16854
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

MAGICLAKEZ wrote:
One thing about Thibs....he will make a Ferrari look like a graveyard junk. Lmao!!

I know that's right. Turn it into a straight LEMON....lol.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12414
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 20

JJCali wrote:
Yeah. Now days he's easily a 5. You really just play your best 5 guys and gotta have at least 1 true big which KAT is. If Draymond & Randle & Horford can be centers, KAT definitely can. Him & Randle as your bigs is very nice. They can switch everything with an Ingram or a George as the SF. If KAT rededicated himself at the defensive end (which is the only way I'd trade for him) that'd be a great defensive unit with Ball and Hart/KCP.

Yeah, he can play 5, but still think he's at his best at stretch 4. Also when watching Wolves games, announcers have said since he was drafted that he's played out of position and Wolves need to find a center .


Apollon
Big-Time Laker Fan
 Avatar
Posts: 781
Location: San Diego, CA
votes: 14

kkennon1 wrote:
They're open to trading the #1 pick for a young star player. Your not getting #1 for BI, Bryant and 25th. Lol

They can do better than that by just drafting at #1 and 16.

What does Suns' 16th pick have to do with anything? It is not part of of the trade I proposed in any way, and they will still have it with or without the trade, so saying they would do "better" by drafting #16 makes ZERO sense. "Better" implies comparison of their roster with and without the trade and their 16th pick is on roster in both scenarios...

Also, this thread was created to give people opportunity to propose trade ideas, not to give you platform to mock and laugh at them. You don't seem to realize it, but saying "Lol" when disagreeing with someone's trade proposal is offensive and annoying. You're entitled to an opinion, but you can disagree respectfully.

I noticed you seem to be very opinionated and have been crapping....err expressing your opinion all over most forum threads, no matter how big or small - you seem to have an opinion. So, if you have too much time on your hands to sit around and do that - my advice to you is: take a little bit more time to think things through before posting, and be selective when to reply. You don't have to post every time you have spur of the moment, first thought passing through your brain. It may not be as beneficial to the forum as you think, and people don't necessarily want to see your replies in 19 out of 20 active threads every day.


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 7901

us.gif
votes: 17

kkennon1 wrote:
Yeah, he can play 5, but still think he's at his best at stretch 4. Also when watching Wolves games, announcers have said since he was drafted that he's played out of position and Wolves need to find a center .

It's whatever with the rotations. You can have a center come in and play him at PF at times too. If Zu gets any better he can at least be a backup big. Randle and KAT with Kuz and Zu off the bench. Something like that.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12414
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 20

JJCali wrote:
It's whatever with the rotations. You can have a center come in and play him at PF at times too. If Zu gets any better he can at least be a backup big. Randle and KAT with Kuz and Zu off the bench. Something like that.

Yeah, that can work. Personally I'd rather do trade with Randle in it than get a center in FA or draft. But like you said, wouldn't give up Randle and BI/Kuz and 1st.


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 7901

us.gif
votes: 17

kkennon1 wrote:
Yeah, that can work. Personally I'd rather do trade with Randle in it than get a center in FA or draft. But like you said, wouldn't give up Randle and BI/Kuz and 1st.

I think Randle/KAT is a BADASS duo! They'd compliment each other well.

But isn't it crazy that we wouldn't be willing to give that much up for him? If you asked anyone on this site 1 year ago we'd all give that up for him. His value has dipped!


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12414
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 20

JJCali wrote:
I think Randle/KAT is a BADASS duo! They'd compliment each other well.

But isn't it crazy that we wouldn't be willing to give that much up for him? If you asked anyone on this site 1 year ago we'd all give that up for him. His value has dipped!

If Randle came back with a outside shot, than I agree. But think that duo would be bad a defensive end.

And 1 year ago I still wouldn't have gave up Randle and BI/Kuz or all 3. As I've said before only player in league I'd give up multiple core top players for is AD.


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 7901

us.gif
votes: 17

kkennon1 wrote:
If Randle came back with a outside shot, than I agree. But think that duo would be bad a defensive end.

And 1 year ago I still wouldn't have gave up Randle and BI/Kuz or all 3. As I've said before only player in league I'd give up multiple core top players for is AD.

Well yes, but like I said, everything hinges on KAT deciding to play defense again. If he did they'd be great defensively and offensively. While I don't want KAT taking threes all day, he can shoot and spacing wouldn't be a problem even if Randle didn't improve his shot. But I fully expect him to.

Yes you would have. Ingram and Randle? You were acting like Randle was a bust!


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12414
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 20

JJCali wrote:
Well yes, but like I said, everything hinges on KAT deciding to play defense again. If he did they'd be great defensively and offensively. While I don't want KAT taking threes all day, he can shoot and spacing wouldn't be a problem even if Randle didn't improve his shot. But I fully expect him to.

Yes you would have. Ingram and Randle? You were acting like Randle was a bust!

No !!! I actually wouldn't have, considering I still see Randle as 1 dimensional on offense , but didn't see Kat than and now as that much of a difference maker. Before Butler and a few others, he and Wiggins haven't lead team anywhere!!!

And as I've said for YEARS, I'd want AD on team and would only give up Randle, BI/Kuz/Zo for him. Well maybe Embiid too !! Lol


Ray
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1267
Location: Ray
votes: 18

JJCali wrote:
I think Randle/KAT is a BADASS duo! They'd compliment each other well.

But isn't it crazy that we wouldn't be willing to give that much up for him? If you asked anyone on this site 1 year ago we'd all give that up for him. His value has dipped!

I think a big reason is the the fact that he is due for a max deal very soon. We would have KAT for next year on rookie deal an then w would have to couch up max money to keep him. Which I think he is worth a max deal, just saying that is the hinge on the return they get for him. Whatever team would want assurance that he will resign the following year, that's the only way timber-wolves get any real value in return.


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 7901

us.gif
votes: 17

kkennon1 wrote:
No !!! I actually wouldn't have, considering I still see Randle as 1 dimensional on offense , but didn't see Kat than and now as that much of a difference maker. Before Butler and a few others, he and Wiggins haven't lead team anywhere!!!

And as I've said for YEARS, I'd want AD on team and would only give up Randle, BI/Kuz/Zo for him. Well maybe Embiid too !! Lol

Alright. If you say so. Lol

I though Giannis was the other guy you'd trade anyone for. As good as Embiid is, he's still only played 94 out of a possible 328 games. That's the only reason I would give up much for him.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12414
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 20


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 7901

us.gif
votes: 17

kkennon1 wrote:

Kuzma is definitely the most tradable imo. First, I believe Ball and Ingram will become the better players. Second, if we re-sign him, we have Randle who is also better than Kuzma. We don't have another SF or PG, this makes the other two guys more valuable to us.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12414
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 20

JJCali wrote:
Kuzma is definitely the most tradable imo. First, I believe Ball and Ingram will become the better players. Second, if we re-sign him, we have Randle who is also better than Kuzma. We don't have another SF or PG, this makes the other two guys more valuable to us.

Think it would depend on who they get in FA. If they get PG13 than I say keep Kuz as 6th man. If they let Randle walk than they'll need a PF. Depends on FA. Imo


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16854
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

kkennon1 wrote:

Always start low. Even though I love Hart, I'd start there. Just me though.


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 7901

us.gif
votes: 17

kkennon1 wrote:
Think it would depend on who they get in FA. If they get PG13 than I say keep Kuz as 6th man. If they let Randle walk than they'll need a PF. Depends on FA. Imo

Oh yeah for sure. If they sign George, then Ingram becomes a little more expendable. And I want to keep Kuz as 6th man too.


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 7901

us.gif
votes: 17

userpete1037 wrote:
Always start low. Even though I love Hart, I'd start there. Just me though.

Well yeah. I was just going out of Kuz, Ingram & Ball like the article asked. Definitely Hart if you include him.


mcbill
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1682
votes: 16

Wolves get BI, Kuz, Hart Deng Cleveland’s first and our 2020 first.

Lakers get KAT and Butler

Re-sign Randle and sign PG13

Leaves $23 million plus the MLE to fill out the bench (Will Barton, IT Ariza)


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12414
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 20

mcbill wrote:
Wolves get BI, Kuz, Hart Deng Cleveland’s first and our 2020 first.

Lakers get KAT and Butler

Re-sign Randle and sign PG13

Leaves $23 million plus the MLE to fill out the bench (Will Barton, IT Ariza)

Rather have BI, Kuz, Hart and get Butler if he hits FA.

Rumors here in PHOENIX are going around that Suns might be thinking about 1st ++ for Kat.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16854
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

mcbill wrote:
Wolves get BI, Kuz, Hart Deng Cleveland’s first and our 2020 first.

Lakers get KAT and Butler

Re-sign Randle and sign PG13

Leaves $23 million plus the MLE to fill out the bench (Will Barton, IT Ariza)

I just couldn't do it....lol.


mcbill
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1682
votes: 16

userpete1037 wrote:
I just couldn't do it....lol.

It would hurt, but a starting unit of Ball, Butler, George, Randle and Towns would be sick.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12414
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 20

mcbill wrote:
It would hurt, but a starting unit of Ball, Butler, George, Randle and Towns would be sick.
I

Except for the part about no rim protection from front court. Lol


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 7901

us.gif
votes: 17

mcbill wrote:
Wolves get BI, Kuz, Hart Deng Cleveland’s first and our 2020 first.

Lakers get KAT and Butler

Re-sign Randle and sign PG13

Leaves $23 million plus the MLE to fill out the bench (Will Barton, IT Ariza)

Give me KCP over Barton. Need a backup PF. But I like it. So long as KAT will dedicate himself on the defensive side.


Ray
Die-Hard Laker Fan
Posts: 1267
Location: Ray
votes: 18

mcbill wrote:
Wolves get BI, Kuz, Hart Deng Cleveland’s first and our 2020 first.

Lakers get KAT and Butler

Re-sign Randle and sign PG13

Leaves $23 million plus the MLE to fill out the bench (Will Barton, IT Ariza)

Doesn't sound to bad, but BI and Kuz are cheap for like the next 3 years, Kat and Butler will be looking for max deals after next year.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12414
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 20

Ray wrote:
Doesn't sound to bad, but BI and Kuz are cheap for like the next 3 years, Kat and Butler will be looking for max deals after next year.

Exactly, rather have BI and Kuz. Can always go after Butler in FA. Kat is way overrated imo. And that's coming from someone who was praising him when he was drafted. Lol


BaadMaster
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 7883
votes: 97

Read it and weep: https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/5/23/17386240/la-lakers-free- agent-rumors-paul-george-re-sign-thunder


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12414
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 20

BaadMaster wrote:
Read it and weep: https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/5/23/17386240/la-lakers-free- agent-rumors-paul-george-re-sign-thunder

Can't read Baad, can't click on, but went to silverscreen and saw. Weep for what? Article was from OKC new guy, who said he's not even sure what he heard is true!!! Either way I won't be upset if he doesn't come.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16854
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

BaadMaster wrote:
Read it and weep: https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/5/23/17386240/la-lakers-free- agent-rumors-paul-george-re-sign-thunder

I also saw where C.J. McCollum stated that PG13 was going to LA or Clippers. Said he tried to get PG13 to Portland but he wasn't really interested. Maybe he knows something as well.


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16854
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

JJCali wrote:
Give me KCP over Barton. Need a backup PF. But I like it. So long as KAT will dedicate himself on the defensive side.

Coach Cal is the only coach that can get KAT to play defense and post up.....lol.


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 7901

us.gif
votes: 17

userpete1037 wrote:
Coach Cal is the only coach that can get KAT to play defense and post up.....lol.

Apparently!! Coming into the draft he was supposed to be A great defender Day 1 and a project on offense. Complete opposite now!


Shepherd
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 10168

ez.gif
votes: 53

Apollon wrote:
What does Suns' 16th pick have to do with anything? It is not part of of the trade I proposed in any way, and they will still have it with or without the trade, so saying they would do "better" by drafting #16 makes ZERO sense. "Better" implies comparison of their roster with and without the trade and their 16th pick is on roster in both scenarios...

Also, this thread was created to give people opportunity to propose trade ideas, not to give you platform to mock and laugh at them. You don't seem to realize it, but saying "Lol" when disagreeing with someone's trade proposal is offensive and annoying. You're entitled to an opinion, but you can disagree respectfully.

I noticed you seem to be very opinionated and have been crapping....err expressing your opinion all over most forum threads, no matter how big or small - you seem to have an opinion. So, if you have too much time on your hands to sit around and do that - my advice to you is: take a little bit more time to think things through before posting, and be selective when to reply. You don't have to post every time you have spur of the moment, first thought passing through your brain. It may not be as beneficial to the forum as you think, and people don't necessarily want to see your replies in 19 out of 20 active threads every day.

At least he didn't give you an unwanted shoulder massage, or comment how good you look in a dress lol. Dayum even Morgan Freeman falling from grace. Sheesh lol


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12414
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 20

Apollon wrote:
What does Suns' 16th pick have to do with anything? It is not part of of the trade I proposed in any way, and they will still have it with or without the trade, so saying they would do "better" by drafting #16 makes ZERO sense. "Better" implies comparison of their roster with and without the trade and their 16th pick is on roster in both scenarios...

Also, this thread was created to give people opportunity to propose trade ideas, not to give you platform to mock and laugh at them. You don't seem to realize it, but saying "Lol" when disagreeing with someone's trade proposal is offensive and annoying. You're entitled to an opinion, but you can disagree respectfully.

I noticed you seem to be very opinionated and have been crapping....err expressing your opinion all over most forum threads, no matter how big or small - you seem to have an opinion. So, if you have too much time on your hands to sit around and do that - my advice to you is: take a little bit more time to think things through before posting, and be selective when to reply. You don't have to post every time you have spur of the moment, first thought passing through your brain. It may not be as beneficial to the forum as you think, and people don't necessarily want to see your replies in 19 out of 20 active threads every day.

I'll take that under advisement!! Truck driver, so have a lot of down time. But considering I see a lot of people post often ,I think I'll continue.

And as far as trade, I simply stated that I think Suns can do better drafting at #1 and #16 , than getting BI, 25th and Bryant. Wasn't off the top of my head as you say, going off what I hear on local radio and TV here, plus the fact that Ayton is worth more alone than BI, 25th and Bryant. Imo

And the LOL is more of a friendly response, than laughing at a post.


Shepherd
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 10168

ez.gif
votes: 53

Gosh...we're just all so sensitive for a bunch of jocks lol Wink


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16854
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

JJCali wrote:
Apparently!! Coming into the draft he was supposed to be A great defender Day 1 and a project on offense. Complete opposite now!

Yep I guess he said to hell with that...lol.


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 7901

us.gif
votes: 17

userpete1037 wrote:
Yep I guess he said to hell with that...lol.

Hahaha!!!


msuave7
NewsSurge Newbie
Posts: 10
votes: 0

Just an idea, but what if we sign and trade Randle to the Dallas Mavericks for the 5th pick in this draft. We could eliminate his cap hold quickly, draft a big man like Bamba, and still have money to sign free agents. We could sign the rookie after landing our big free agent targets. I like Randle but I am weary of offering him a max contract that Dallas will probably offer him. What does everyone think?


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 7901

us.gif
votes: 17

msuave7 wrote:
Just an idea, but what if we sign and trade Randle to the Dallas Mavericks for the 5th pick in this draft. We could eliminate his cap hold quickly, draft a big man like Bamba, and still have money to sign free agents. We could sign the rookie after landing our big free agent targets. I like Randle but I am weary of offering him a max contract that Dallas will probably offer him. What does everyone think?

I think the idea is to get young very good players. Not to trade them away once they become very good. And I don't think Dallas would even consider that since they have the cap space to just sign Randle and keep their pick.


msuave7
NewsSurge Newbie
Posts: 10
votes: 0

JJCali wrote:
I think the idea is to get young very good players. Not to trade them away once they become very good. And I don't think Dallas would even consider that since they have the cap space to just sign Randle and keep their pick.

I agree, but at what price? Plus Bamba will likely be a defensive anchor we can count on, with a jump shot. Sure Dallas can keep their pick and try to sign Randle, but we can match and go over the cap. So it depends on how much they love Randle. Just a thought.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12414
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 20

msuave7 wrote:
I agree, but at what price? Plus Bamba will likely be a defensive anchor we can count on, with a jump shot. Sure Dallas can keep their pick and try to sign Randle, but we can match and go over the cap. So it depends on how much they love Randle. Just a thought.

Vice versa, think it depends how How much Lakers love Randle too.


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 7901

us.gif
votes: 17

msuave7 wrote:
I agree, but at what price? Plus Bamba will likely be a defensive anchor we can count on, with a jump shot. Sure Dallas can keep their pick and try to sign Randle, but we can match and go over the cap. So it depends on how much they love Randle. Just a thought.

Good thought. I just think we really need to retain Randle. He's become our best player. I want to add to him, not let him go. We do need to find a way to get that defensive anchor in the middle though.


JJCali
LNS HOF Bronze
Posts: 7901

us.gif
votes: 17

kkennon1 wrote:
Vice versa, think it depends how How much Lakers love Randle too.

Exactly what I was thinking.


msuave7
NewsSurge Newbie
Posts: 10
votes: 0

JJCali wrote:
Good thought. I just think we really need to retain Randle. He's become our best player. I want to add to him, not let him go. We do need to find a way to get that defensive anchor in the middle though.

I really like having Randle on the team as well and would prefer to keep him. However, if the front office doesn’t feel the same way, then it is probably best to get something of value in return and allow Randle to make the most money possible with another team.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12414
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 20

My question would be , why would Dallas do 5th for Randle. If in fact they draft Bamba, they have him on rookie deal and can build around him, while still going after a PF in FA.


kkennon1
LNS HOF Silver
Posts: 12414
Location: Phoenix, AZ
us.gif
votes: 20

5 ways to get rid of Deng.

https://lasportshub.com/2018/05/25/los- ... cherreport


userpete1037
LNS HOF Gold
Posts: 16854
Location: Kobe, Kalifornia
us.gif
votes: 18

kkennon1 wrote:

Or hire somebody to put a silver bullet in him...lol.


msuave7
NewsSurge Newbie
Posts: 10
votes: 0

kkennon1 wrote:
My question would be , why would Dallas do 5th for Randle. If in fact they draft Bamba, they have him on rookie deal and can build around him, while still going after a PF in FA.

That is a very good point. I think Randle has proven he can be a consistent double-double guy with great speed and versatility. The 5th pick may be better than him eventually, or a possible bust. Draft is a bit of a crapshoot. I would also be open to a sign an trade or other top 10 lottery picks. Again, it depends on how the front office views Randle long term and how he fits in their plans. If he’s gone anyway, get some value for him. I’d personally rather keep him.


msuave7
NewsSurge Newbie
Posts: 10
votes: 0

"kkennon: 5 ways to get rid of Deng.”

Thanks for the link. I guess others are exploring these kind of deals, although to get rid of Deng. Man, that is a bad contract!


Options Quick Reply: RE: The Official Lakers Trade Ideas Thread
register
You are an anonymous user- or .
Quote the last message
Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile)
Notify me when a reply is posted
Don't Check Spelling
   
 
Go To the Top of the ThreadGo Home
Post new topic   Reply to topic
register
You are an anonymous user- Register now or Log in Now!


Add our Los Angeles Lakers Blog RSS Feed, the Lakers Rumors RSS Feed, the Lakers News RSS feed, and the Lakers Forum RSS feed to get the latest Laker News and Rumors and Lakers Game info in your RSS/XML reader!